Which superhero would be the most effective at fighting crime in real life?

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jamkid23

There are many real life criminal organizations. Not just organizations consisting of petty gangs operating in a single city, but international drug traffickers raking in hundreds of billions of dollars every year, and human traffickers who enslave 40 million people across the globe. Which superhero would be the best at stopping them if they came into the real world?

Well, there aren't any real life super villains with magical powers or who are ridiculously strong, so heavy firepower isn't really needed. The most powerful potential villains would be leaders of a country's military but even those individuals and armies have limits. For dealing with cartels and mafias, any superhero who can easily deal with gunmen (which should be most of them) would be quite effective. To stop real life bad guys, it is not enough to just capture or kill them, but to do a lot of investigative work to figure out where they are located and what they are planning. In addition, cutting off the head of the snake probably won't be enough. The reason cartels and gangs are so powerful is that they often provide opportunities to those in impoverished communities. If a rich hero could start a grassroots approach by providing people in these poor communities jobs and money and education so that they have more life choices than just either abject poverty or criminal activities, the endemic crime in said communities should plummet. This coupled with propaganda so that gangbangers are vilified instead of glorified by publicly broadcasting their gruesome crimes would do wonders to end organized crime.

For stopping Latin American drug cartels, somebody like Spiderman or Superman wouldn't be all that great even if they did leave their home city. They can stop and capture criminals easily but they aren't the best detectives nor do they have the funds to invest in poor countries so that the average citizen doesn't turn to illicit means to make ends meet. Instead somebody like Iron Man or Batman would be ideal. They are rich, can detain bad guys easily, and can easily find them and thwart their plans. This is because Batman is an amazing detective while Iron Man is an amazing hacker.

For stopping human traffickers, just finding the traffickers and their strongholds would be the most important thing. A character like Professor X would be excellent at this task since he could read everybody's mind in the world and tell the authorities who the traffickers are. If the authorities won't do anything then he can just mindrape the traffickers and tell the slaves to escape.

For overthrowing a cruel dictatorship, I can't think of any superhero who would be good at that. Invading and conquering the country isn't the hard part as America has showed time and time again in the Middle East. It is the nation-building part where a just democracy is put in place after the tyranny is ended that is very difficult. The only way a superhero could pull that off is by mind-controlling everyone in the country, but then the superhero would just be the new dictator then.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The punisher. Say what you will about his method. But fear is an incredible motivator, especially for a group as cowardly as the criminal underworld

Also, any none morally upright telepath could just compel people to be go. Like Emma frost or Exodus

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 socajunkie  Moderator

Homelander.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman is not good at detective work? LOL.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By NamelessMonster

The Punisher

No Caption Provided

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Professor X.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator

I'm going to say MCU Iron Man. I could just give a high tier like Superman or Flash and be through with it, but I think that Tony Stark would be a well balanced option without "cheating" per se. He has the right mindset to do what's needed when it needs to be done and he is incredibly intelligent. With his suit, Stark could travel to other continents quickly and he would be unharmed by most attacks.

Homelander would obviously be GOATed tho

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

I'd trust Midnighter with that, or maybe Savior Cable.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'm going to say MCU Iron Man. I could just give a high tier like Superman or Flash and be through with it, but I think that Tony Stark would be a well balanced option without "cheating" per se. He has the right mindset to do what's needed when it needs to be done and he is incredibly intelligent. With his suit, Stark could travel to other continents quickly and he would be unharmed by most attacks.

Homelander would obviously be GOATed tho

It'd take like one EMP to beat Stark lol.

OT: I'm going to go for Reed Richards or Martian Manhunter. J'onn has versatility and Reed has his really big brain that'll probably solve all crime in a week once he starts pulling his resources into it, as well as his society-predicting math.

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are multiple people saying the Punisher? You could choose any magical hero to bring into the real world and you choose an armed man with gun skills? Even if Punisher manages to take out all the cartels and traffickers without getting killed himself, he will be put on the FBI's most wanted list within days and will be declared a threat to national security with how violent he can be.

DrakoTheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrakoTheGhoul

Wait. Why would Superman not be able to do this. He practically can stop all crimes if you use all of his abilities to their fullest extent.

He has superhearing so he'll hear all crimes as they happen. He has Superspeed so he can prevent them before they progress. He's virtually impervious to all possible weapons we can produce. His lack of "Detective skills" or any other perceived skill can be learned in a instant from his built in memory processing(such a odd thing to even say in the first place like Superman is a brute or something when he's highly intelligent).

His other abilities actually make it overkill as he has x-ray vision which would mean he could see through every secret tunnel, Vault or buildings they'd have(minus lead i think). Add in his flight and he'd cover the entire world instantly with not even the ocean being hidden.

Superman with all of his powers can quite literally stop all crime. Obviously this is under the assumption that he'd use his power efficiently and to their fullest potential.

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Why would Superman not be able to do this. He practically can stop all crimes if you use all of his abilities to their fullest extent.

He has superhearing so he'll hear all crimes as they happen. He has Superspeed so he can prevent them before they progress. He's virtually impervious to all possible weapons we can produce. His lack of "Detective skills" or any other perceived skill can be learned in a instant from his built in memory processing(such a odd thing to even say in the first place like Superman is a brute or something when he's highly intelligent).

His other abilities actually make it overkill as he has x-ray vision which would mean he could see through every secret tunnel, Vault or buildings they'd have(minus lead i think). Add in his flight and he'd cover the entire world instantly with not even the ocean being hidden.

Superman with all of his powers can quite literally stop all crime. Obviously this is under the assumption that he'd use his power efficiently and to their fullest potential.

@drakotheghoul:That's the thing though. You have to consider the personality of the hero in question. Mr. Fantastic could create a scientifically advanced utopia with all of his gadgets, but he never does that in the Marvel Universe so why would he do that in this universe? Superman could stop almost all ordinary crime in the DC universe but he never does. Heck, Superman doesn't even patrol Gotham which is right next to Metropolis! Given these facts, why would Superman stop all crime in the real world?

Batman on the other hand, it is actually in-character for him to give money away in addition to stopping crime. All he needs to do is stop crime nationwide or even worldwide instead of just in a single city.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People that name Punisher fail to realize that his existence wouldn't be long enough for him to make an impact. And I love Frankie.

DrakoTheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrakoTheGhoul

@jamkid23: But the question was which hero would be more effective at fighting crime in the real world not why Superman "in-character" doesn't do it in the comic. And what do you even mean by that anyway? Are you implying that superman doesn't care about stopping crime? What kinda logic is that? It's actually weird to see someone say this as Superman does go around Metropolis stopping all crime as they happen from small petty robberies to supervillians no matter the time of day.

Superman is one of the most effective Superheroes to stop all crime on our planet. He'll live longer and he'll always be stronger than us in real life. Even if Batman could, once he dies crime would spark again. So basically in 50 or so years. Superman on the other hand will always be there.

Just because he doesnt go around stepping on Batman turf in every comic or goes around saving the entire world by himself all time, which Batman himself doesn't do(especially when the JL exist for that purpose), doesnt mean he can't in real life stop all crime if he wanted. Superman can literally change from just one city to covering the entire world if he wanted in the comic. He doesnt do it in the comics exactly because that would make all other heroes useless on Earth.

Look if you personal don't see Superman being effective then that's fine. I'm not going to try to change your mind. I on the other hand think he's one of the most suited when you factor in everything in his kit. All I'm going to say is Batman has been in gotham for years and all crime has never stopped even with his massive amount of "wealth" and "skills" so he wouldn't be capable to do that worldwide since he doesn't in the comic. Your logic btw.