Which superhero will just watch their father die in a tornado instead of rescuing them?

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TobeyMaguire84  Online

I can't think of anyone other than Superman.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: any superhero would do just that....if that's what the director/script writer wanted 😐

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a fan of the 1977 heart attack death for Johnathan Kent. All of Clark’s powers, and he’s still powerless to save him

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By infantfinite128  Online

I can't think of anyone other than Superman either, but that's not something in line with the general notion of Superman's characterization.

I'd really like to see a new Henry Cavill Superman movie where his Superman is beaming with optimism and nobility.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is the one scene I hate from MoS. But tbf Clark Kent let it happen not Supes. He hadn't found his calling as a hero yet and was just trying to listen his dad's wishes. Still awful in practice though because he could just have saved the dog himself or saving pa Kent without necessarily exposing himself.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it depends who you define as a Superhero and who you count as a father. Like Adam Warlock straight up killed his creators with 0 remorse, but I'm not sure if he counts as either a superhero or they count as fathers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93
deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey is so salty about Superman lol.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't fair to Superman...Jonathan purposely told him not to save him here because Clark didn't have a full handle on his abilities at this point and he didn't want Clark to think he could just use his powers to save everyone at all times. Clark also knew this is what his father wanted and that the risk of being revealed was too great...

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That’s an idiotic scene. It shows that he would rather die then expose his adopted son but that sacrifice was totally unnecessary. Clark had just saved a dog. No one was going to think that Clark was super human for saving his dad. Also, Clark openly saved a bus load of kids from a bus crash as a child.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say Fox Jean Grey in Dark Phoenix.She didn’t, but after what he did to her, I’d say it’s safe to assume she would.

Loading Video...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That’s an idiotic scene. It shows that he would rather die then expose his adopted son but that sacrifice was totally unnecessary. Clark had just saved a dog. No one was going to think that Clark was super human for saving his dad. Also, Clark openly saved a bus load of kids from a bus crash as a child.

If clark is so fast it really shouldn't be an issue

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

I mean it depends who you define as a Superhero and who you count as a father. Like Adam Warlock straight up killed his creators with 0 remorse, but I'm not sure if he counts as either a superhero or they count as fathers.

The context matters

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People love to hate this scene .... but don’t understand the context? Pa kent sacrifices his own life to preserve his son’s secret cause he knows what happens when the gov’t finds out.... JUST FOR US TO SEE LATER IN THE MOVIE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE GOVT FINDS OUT... like this scene was def needed cause it’s realistic of a man who values family over his own life , people have to stop being dense to this scene and use common sense

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amonfire1776: exactly, lets also remember .... he didnt know his strength or speed , hell ... he didnt even know how To fly ... why expose himself after his father says “no” & risk possibly jeopardizing himself as well as everyone around him

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This scene just goes to show how important it was for Clark to keep his abilities a secret. Any hero with similar influence/importance would also see it is the right thing to do.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: yep. Also, it was dark and windy. No one was paying attention to him. they could have came up with anything better to kill him off than that

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not Superman that's for sure. If it's within your power to save them but stupid enough to watch them die then you don't get to call yourself a superhero

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: we all get it. However, that sacrifice was unnecessary and dumb. That’s what everyone is complaining about. Clark could have easily saved him without anyone seeing him. It’s his dad. I would not care what my dad said. I would save him. Also, no one would have thought that clark was some super powered alien if he had saved his father.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP is notorious for being a huge superman hater.

Perethorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Homelander.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darkonast

@christianrapper: you also dont have powers lmao , and clark still did not understand his powers , at that point he didnt even know his physical capabilities like super speed , flying , etc. , he literally discovers most of his powers because of pa kent’s death ... all done during his travels , if your father (who has instructed clark the minute he found out about his powers to NEVER use them in public) , tell you “let me die to preserve your identity & protect your mother” you WILL do it , DCEU already has shown the gov’t will hunt him down until they find him

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: how are people not gonna notice pa kent Magically transporting 100s of feet to safety? Towns people have always been skeptical about of clark since he first accidentally used his powers & that moment will definitely set people off , especially since everyone was literally staring at pa kent ......

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: you also dont have powers lmao , and clark still did not understand his powers , at that point he didnt even know his physical capabilities like super speed , flying , etc. , he literally discovers most of his powers because of pa kent’s death ... all done during his travels , if your father (who has instructed clark the minute he found out about his powers to NEVER use them in public) , tell you “let me die to preserve your identity & protect your mother” you WILL do it , DCEU already has shown the gov’t will hunt him down until they find him

No, I wouldn't. Infact no one will not even let their father go get the dog in the first place

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: you gonna tell your dad what to do? Lmao ok

Yes, old people try to act tough not caring about their health or danger. They just cant accept their body is not the same. You have to talk sense or disobey them. When people become old they start to lose their mental cognition and act stubbornly and childish. It really sad.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DammeFavour  Online

I just love it when people ignore context

SufferedToker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tons of superheros can be writen to go through this type of tragedy. It's not exclusive to Superman

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

In theoey this was an emotional scene, in practice it was god damn stupid. There were so many ways this could have been prevented without the Dad dying and exposing Clark superpower. A stupid, but also hilarious scene.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film came out 7 years ago

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film came out 7 years ago

C’mon you’ve been around long enough, you know the routine with is topic....

No Caption Provided