Pre 52 Roy Harper.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

There was another forum similar to this and I will answer the same...Has to be the hulk

1) Gained superpowers saving a teenage boy...only to be hunted and uncontrollable turning into a "monster"

2) Alcoholic father killed his mother and beat him constantly

3) Love of his life died (3 times, Betty, Jarella, Caiera)

4) Love of his life married another man (Betty was married to Talbot first)

5) Shot into space by his "friends"

6) Numerous friends died (rick jones, jim wilson, talbot)

I could go on, but I think the point is made..at least most of the other characters still have friends or money or can go into public without a pitchforked mob chasing them.

ooooooh good one.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By comicace3

@jonny_anonymous said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

All of them are pretty sad, but Batman's was the saddest because he saw his own parents die right in front of him.

What about Frank Castle seeing his whole family shot in front of him?

anyway the answer is The Crow and Daredevil

OK I wanna quote a whole bucnh of people and also agree with a whole bunch of people but I'll admit the crow had some of the saddest things happen to him. He watched his girl get raped and killed right in front of him while he was paralyzed. And then his girlfriend was raped after she was killed! IIRC. correct me if I'm wrong that is what I thing happened.

Bats history-yes

Spidey's history- yes

The thing.... I mean Ben Grimm... history- Yes

Hulk-Yes

Constantine- one of the saddest.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The sadness surrounding Orson Randall's history is underrated.

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Superman...he has to deal with Lois Lane :/

HardenedH3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By HardenedH3ro

All right first things first: this is my first post on this site. I do not know everything about the comic book universe, I do know a decent amount. my apologizes if i get something incorrect. My favorite Super Hero is, without a doubt Batman. But that isn't what matters at this moment. So let's move on to the current topic:

My opinion it is Spider-Man. Why? Well let's put it in perspective: Batman had both his parents killed in front of him. He blames himself. This is traumatizing as a child. I personally haven't experienced this exact situation but I've had enough to at least get a brief understanding of how this feels. As he grew older he ended up surpassing this limitation/mind-set and created what we know as The Batman. He is certifiably crazy but has a logical reason to do what he does; pretty much everybody who has gone through a situation that affects the mindset of the person goes through SOME mental problems. Batman just found a way to do it in such a way it actually does a good thing, depending on which viewpoint you have in the situation. As he started to evolve as a Hero he, like all other heroes, went through trials. Emotionally his were not bad though. He was mainly beaten in the body and mind; rarely ever emotionally. Like I said, though, this is what I know so far. So while Batman has gone through quite a lot of ordeals, it wasn't exactly emotionally traumatizing. It was more along a mental level...which, while from our viewpoint we might look at it objectively to our more "societal mindsets" it does not actual pertain to "sad". The only thing that comes close, I believe, is when Jason Todd died. That or when Oracle was paralyzed from the waist down. So, all in all, while Batman might have a hard lifestyle, he doesn't really apply to this situation. His intelligence also helped a little bit when dealing with this situations because he had a set path. If I remember right it was nearly impossible for him to give up the mask; no matter how hard he tried he couldn't do it. So Batman WAS his entire identity. He wasn't Bruce Wayne dressing up as The Batman; he was The Batman dressing up as Bruce Wayne. So, in the end, Bruce might have gone through a lot of problems, but he persevered and progressed. He's still the same old Batman, he just gets better every time. He's understood he can't truly have a relationship with someone. But it doesn't actually change who he is, in essence. He just has a more bitter outward appearance, if that makes any sense. He has also never failed in saving someone. He, as far as I know, has saved EVERYONE he's tried to save, except for Robin. And that isn't nearly as sad, considering Todd didn't actually die PLUS that wasn't entirely his fault. He's one of the lowest people when it comes to this situation. He may not see the light anymore, in a certain sense, but he also doesn't see the darkness, either. He is vigilant. All in all, Batman is less emotional and more mental. On to the next Hero:

The Hulk. Okay, yeah, he's gone through some shit. He had his mom killed right in front of him. His dad beat him mercilessly. He was experimented on. He grew up, realized what was going on, and ended up having issues controlling The Hulk. It was a whole side of him he didn't control over; He lost multiple wives due to certain situations BUT, in the end, he IS just a mad person. As much as he tries to he could always make his situation better. I mean think about it. He had self-loathing, yes, but he was never fully seeped in despair. He'd never fallen into a pool where he is just drowning in hate. He, just like Batman, has persevered, through and through and through. They found outlets, they found ways to push through. They are still the same people, just improving. Albeit each situation is fundamentally different, it is just the same.

The Thing: Okay yeah. I read about what was said about the thing; but honestly? if those problems affected his life that bad then he is a pussy. Seriously. The woman you loved got together with a different man? Oh, your best friend? Cool. Get on with your life. Yeah, it sucks. Even with the fact she is the reason he's called The Thing it's still pretty dumb to feel that depressed about it. These type of situations are pretty normal for our society, honestly. I may not be The Thing but sometimes I've felt like him before. So, while his life is pretty bad, all in all, it's a lot easier for him to deal with it, in the end. He's almost never TRULY lost somebody, or ever felt like he could never make things better. He can, in the end, go back to being human. It is SCIENCE that transformed him. So it is SCIENCE that can turn him back.

Nightcrawler: No, he was not abandoned. A mob chased after his parents, Mystique and Azazel, and his father gave him to a friends to raise as his own. He may have grown up as a Carny but he was alive and NOT abandoned as some of you would like to believe. He enjoyed his life and he didn't object to it. At all. As you can see, his life wasn't that bad. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Superman: Okay I don't even need to go here. Yeah, it's sad he is the only one of his race left, but he didn't experience it nor is he actually that genetically different from humans. He can still procreate just fine and create a new breed of humans. He knows this. So while it sucks, it's not even CLOSE to despair. It's just a slight sadness, nothing more. This is also because he is brave too, and able to stand up and fight for his own convictions. Nothing particularly sad, just inspirational.

Supergirl: Same thing as Superman, just the fact that her sadness is a little deeper. She is on a higher sadness level than Superman but she at the top.

Wolverine: Not that sad. He grew up hardened by his lifestyle, lived for hundreds of years, etc. He went through a lot of hard situations BUT he got out of every single one; he got through his problems without much loss. Yeah, his life sucks ass, but in the end it isn't SAD...just hard. That's how most other Heroes live their lives. It's hard, not necessarily sad.

Spawn: Yeah, his life was hard he went through some things. He's up there, believe me. But he didn't truly go through despair. I keep mentioning this and I WILL explain when I get the chance to. But Spawn hadn't had his wife and/or child die...they were just with somebody else. Yeah, it sucks, but at least they can be happy.

Daredevil: Okay I don't know why we apply him to this situation. Like all of heroes, he's gone through some things. He hasn't even come CLOSE to exceeding the limits of pain and/or despair; the closest he's come to is Electra and that's all I can give him. His first true love was killed right in front of him. That moment he felt despair, true sadness. But he moved on and kept his goal as the Daredevil. It was ONE time, and honestly it wasn't even that bad. As a child yeah, he lost his dad, but he didn't see what happened. It wasn't embedded in his brain, except for maybe the sound. He built a resolution and it got him out of that situation. Just like Batman and quite a few other heroes.

Punisher: Okay, I WILL give you this one. He definitely had a sad life; he was an Anti-Hero that went through some shit. He lost plenty of people right in front of him. He lost damn near everything every time he was able to move on his life; it messed him up mental and emotion. He's fallen into despair multiple times. But, like Batman, he's pulled himself out of the hole through sheer willpower. He wants REVENGE. He doesn't give up. The Punisher doesn't give up and he doesn't stop. He will do what he wants, when he wants. So while he had a pretty bad life, he barely exceeds the rest in group. He has tenacity and, like a lot heroes, he doesn't seem visibly affected by his problems. Now, as stated before, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. This is as far as I know.

Spiderman is the most sad Super Hero I know of. Why? First he lives a normal, boring life. Albeit he was intelligent. The problem is his parents were super-scientists and and that's what mainly got him into this situation. He was a lame, nerdy kid. He was picked on for most of his life. He's always been infatuated with Gwen Stacy and has had a large crush on her since the Comic started, I believe. Spiderman was the start of a different age of Comics; he was the first to fail as as Super Hero. First, when he started out, he lost his uncle. That was bad enough but honestly, it wasn't much at all. It was just a loss; he, like Batman, gained a resolution of improvement and began to be a Super Hero. That only lasted for so long though. He went through plenty hardships as it is but what tips him over, in my books, in Gwen Stacy's death. Honestly how many heroes have DIRECTLY KILLED their loved ones? NOBODY. Spiderman's webs were too durable and not stretchy enough, creating a whiplash affect when saving his love of his life, the girl of his dreams, Gwen Stacy. He FAILED saving her and, inadvertently, is the reason why she's dead. He killed her. As much as you can try to get around that, it's the truth. The Green Goblin, who was his best friend Harry Osborn's father, is the one who started it all and caused this catastrophe. Harry continued on the legacy and he was Peter Parker's best friend. He's lost EVERYBODY he's ever cared for. No matter what he's tried to do he's ALWAYS lost somebody. I'm not saying he honestly has the WORST life but he's definitely had the saddest. He's felt true despair. He's tried to save so many people and the ones he cares the most for he NEVER succeeds in saving; no matter what he does he can't ever truly win. That's my opinion, anyways. Spiderman has been out of commission and has taken breaks from his crime fighting life so many times because he can't handle the pain anymore. He's already gone through enough; every other hero may have gone through quite a bit. But they haven't truly ever felt despair for more than a day. When Gwen died Spiderman was in despair for month's. H]

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

How about Mia Dearden?

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cried when my Parents broke up, I can only imagine if they were gunned down in front of me. Just seeing them lay there dead would haunt me forever.

Jason dying

Barbara getting shot and paralyzed

Damian and Talia being killed

and more

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Hulk. Okay, yeah, he's gone through some shit. He had his mom killed right in front of him. His dad beat him mercilessly. He was experimented on. He grew up, realized what was going on, and ended up having issues controlling The Hulk. It was a whole side of him he didn't control over; He lost multiple wives due to certain situations BUT, in the end, he IS just a mad person. As much as he tries to he could always make his situation better. I mean think about it. He had self-loathing, yes, but he was never fully seeped in despair. He'd never fallen into a pool where he is just drowning in hate. He, just like Batman, has persevered, through and through and through. They found outlets, they found ways to push through. They are still the same people, just improving. Albeit each situation is fundamentally different, it is just the same.

Except he's not just an angry person. He can't experience regular human emotions organically. Imagine if you're driving and someone just rams the back of your car repeatedly and you can't get mad. How do you go through life without expressing emotions? Anger, fear, frustration and anxiety are natural feeling we all experience that could trigger Bruce changing into the Hulk. I'm not really trying to sway a position, but I do feel the need to clarify that point.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman:

His whole freaking home planet blew up.

His parents died.

In most versions i think even ma and pa kent die.

He always feel responsible when someone dies cause he wishes he could save evryone.

He couldnt play sports as a kid.

He probably cant give it to louis is good as he wants.

He gets poisoned every time theres a green rock that everyone seems to have.

Hmm actually thats all i could come uo with. Guess its not so bad being big blue

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

lol. People really need to read berserk.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it. Its phantom stranger.

Betrayed jesus. And has been sentenced to walking the earth ever since ,betraying people and in some cases just allowed to be witness to evil.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's arguably Jason Todd.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it. Its phantom stranger.

Betrayed jesus. And has been sentenced to walking the earth ever since ,betraying people and in some cases just allowed to be witness to evil.

not enough

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By DarthManhunter

Its Magneto. Hands down. Nazi Concentration camp, nothing worse then seeings millions of people die including ones own family And he was a hero, a couple times even if only for a short time.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wither

Unlike Batman whom saw his parents die, Kevin knows for a fact that he murdered his father. Not only that, but he murdered him without even knowing it. He then gets to be homeless. Meet a group of people that not only are supposed to be able to help him, but understand him, and yet even then there is nothing to be done for him really. Everything he touches turns to ashes. He gets friendship sure, but the one time he tries to protect his friends he gets traumatized by an ally. Basically everything this kid got involved in turned south on him and then he gets to be a super villain.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Zombie Spider-man. Pretty obvious why.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think punisher and spawn count as heroes, I dunno maybe Punisher.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: not enough for what? Hes suffered for over 2000 years. When he made a deal for one od trigons sons to have and wear his penance necklace, he couldnt do it. He was surprised and shocked that ohantom stranger deals with that kind of sadness and guilt every day of his life.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank Castle or Daredevil.

mazzasgotjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Butcher from the boys had a pretty terrible life, with his dad a wife beater, he got in trouble at school. Then he went to war where he managed to survive in a situation where all of his comrades died. He then came home and got severely beaten for acting cocky, then he fell in love with a woman who after a long time stopped talking to him and he couldn't find out why. His younger brotheralso died around this time. His wife died when this alien baby had came from her womb and tried to kill him. It is later revealed that she was rapedby a superhero,and the baby killed her.

HardenedH3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By HardenedH3ro

@night_thrasherExcept he's not just an angry person. He can't experience regular human emotions organically. Imagine if you're driving and someone just rams the back of your car repeatedly and you can't get mad. How do you go through life without expressing emotions? Anger, fear, frustration and anxiety are natural feeling we all experience that could trigger Bruce changing into the Hulk. I'm not really trying to sway a position, but I do feel the need to clarify that point.

Okay since I'm completely sober now and I've had a whole day to further contemplate this issue. I do give you this; The Hulk has issues when it comes to that. He can't fully express himself until he finds somewhat of a cure/control of his Hulk side of him but even then Bruce Banner won't ever be the same. Still, though. He's not necessarily SAD, just lonely. I've also figured out WHAT makes Spiderman's history the saddest:

It's the fact that MOST of the sad/horrible things that have happened to other heroes was BEFORE their heroic lives. It is their Origin story; what turned them into what they are today. So in the end how they coped was to become superheroes/supervillains. Spiderman already had a pretty fucked up life BEFORE he became a superhero, albeit not the worst. Then AFTER he became a hero, when he's SUPPOSED to save lives, he FAILS when he needs to win the most. This is truly tragic. He lost his parents, thought they'd abandoned him, got bullied his entire life, was completely hated on, and just was an all around ghost. Then he was bitten by a spider he father created in a lab, thus becoming Spiderman. This was probably the happiest moment in his life. He was FINALLY being somebody, someone who could actually do something. But then he made ONE stupid decision and inadvertently killed his uncle, the only true father figure in his life. He blames himself for this and always will. After he FINALLY starts to get over that he meets the love of his life, Gwen Stacy. They get together. They fall deeply in love. Everything is going RIGHT for once in his entire life. He's got a good paying job for taking selfies (which is pretty funny if i do say so myself) and he starts being a great hero. Yeah, a lot of people hate him, but his city mostly loves him. He's finally living the life he's always dreamed of. Batman never really cared about if his city loved him or not. In fact almostt none of the other heroes do. Spiderman does.

And then the original Green Goblin finds out about his identity, kidnaps Gwen, and throws her over the side of the building. This time Spiderman kills her with his own two hands, trying to save her life. This is a defining moment in his life. This complete ruins him; he will NEVER be the same. He has another death to take the blame for, whether or not you think he should blame himself. Because, as much as you would try to argue otherwise, he DID kill her. HE was the one who couldn't save her; HE was the one who failed. The Green Goblin didn't kill her, HE did. Add in the other numerous deaths of his loved ones he failed in saving...well, you get the picture. Everything he's done has spectacularly gone wrong when it needed to go right for him.

Yeah, a lot of other heroes have had it pretty bad, but Spiderman was the FIRST to fail. Add in the fact it was his first true love and you've got one situation that trumps nearly every other Superheroes tragic moments. Hell this even trumps the Supervillains tragic moments. The Origins don't actually count because, as I said, this is BEFORE they became a Hero. They were regular people. You don't really HAVE to succeed and, as part of human nature, you've ALWAYS known you could fail. So when it happens it doesn't hurt as bad; it still hurts a shit load but you've expected this. Heroes don't have that luxury. They HAVE to succeed. They CAN'T fail. Failure is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Every hero has failed at some time or another. Batman got his back broken by Bane. Batman lost Jason Todd on accident. He also inadvertently had Batgirl's back broken.

Superman has failed I don't know...maybe once? I can't exactly call it to memory but he's never really failed. At most he's fucked up a little but that's part of Superman's life. He saves the city but destory's half of it in the process. Let's see...The Hulk has never really gotten into a situation where he CAN fail. I think the only time's he's failed is when he lost his family but those aren't really situations he had control over. Doesn't make it any less sad but he never really blamed himself, I believe. Daredevil failed with Electra. That's it.

Honestly I don't see how Magneto can even be applied to this situation. You can't say his life was truly that sad compared to others because, honestly, he went through what every other person in Nazi German concentration camps went through. Sure it's pretty sad but all in all, for that time period, place, and person he was, this is pretty normal. It's nothing really "special" as plenty of people went through it. Still sucks ass but that's the ONLY sad part in his life. Nothing more happened to him except for maybe losing Professor Xavier as a friend. That's not exactly that sad, either.

I don't exactly know who X-23 is but honestly yeah, she had a bad life. But that's ALL she knows. But from the way you guy's have phrased it she's not exactly that sad about her life so really how can you say her life is sad? She herself doesn't feel sad about it so whatever. She probably isn't haunted daily by ghosts of the past, nor her regrets. Hell I doubt she even regrets anything and trust me, that's one of the SADDEST emotions someone could feel. Not having a life is actually only sad to us...so that doesn't actually qualify, I'm sorry to say. Having a life but always failing (like Spiderman) is HUNDREDS of times worse than not even having it at all. It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, yes, but it hurts so much more worse. At least being alone you don't know what it's like to be complete...and then have it all torn violently away from you time and time again. That's just tragic.

Spawn is pretty bad too but he doesn't really much to regret nor does his pain originate from him being an Anti-Hero/Superhero. His pain comes from his beginning with only a little coming afterwards. He KNOWS he can't ever go back to normal so while that in itself is sad and tragic too it's just not traumatizing enough. Like almost all other heroes he doesn't open himself up, preventing more tragic things from happening. Spiderman has always tried to persevere and get his life back but he fails every single time. I think Mary Jane even leaves him in the end, unable to handle him being Spiderman.

The Punisher is the only person who can be closest to Spiderman in this aspect. According to all the points stated in a previous post he DOES have a pretty horrible life. But he himself isn't regretful, nor is he bitter. He's just angry, vengeful. He's not that sad. He's fucking pissed. If he was the Hulk he would be big enough to tea-bag the Empire State Building. Everything he does is about vengeance. He doesn't cry anymore, he doesn't get depressed anymore. He doesn't give up. He's dedicated. He has one goal and that's to kill everybody who's evil. He's an Anti-Hero though, making his case different, like Spawn. He's hated upon for his decisions and for his murderous intent but honestly that's nothing. HE made that decision to be hated upon like that; nothing tragic about it at all. A lot of people are hated for their decisions that made for good cause but do you consider their lives sad? No. When you made a decision you HAVE to know there will be consequences. Punisher decides to kill people so no shit he's going to be hated. He's an adult so he can deal with it. He never really made a decision that went entirely wrong.

Spiderman didn't have that choice. He made the decision to save Gwen but how fucked up is it that he couldn't save her, no matter what? If he would've tried to dive after her he would have failed. That's the only other way to try and save her but it wouldn't work. How was he supposed to know his web wasn't elastic enough or, depending on how you look at it, TOO elastic? He's never been in that situation before. His consequences didn't adhere to this kind of failure; it was inconceivable. He succeeded but, in the end, he truly failed. In the end Spiderman went through the most horrible, the most traumatic, the saddest life. In my opinion, anyways. Putting myself in every other heroes life I just don't feel the sadness as much. I could probably handle almost every Heroes life. They always have something that let's them cope or has a bright light at the end of the tunnel. The Hulk had his cure. The Thing had his cure. Superman has Lois Lane and his son. Spawn and Punisher could cope by using revenge and, eventually, their own death. They were looking forward to it. Batman coped by being Batman.

What did Spiderman have? He didn't become a hero AFTER tragedy; he was one BEFORE. So it's hard to cope with your problems by doing something you're normally doing anyways...in fact it's relatively impossible. So he can't cope with it. What does he have to look forward to? Another relationship? He already lost one person horribly, killing her with his own hands due to his failures. He accepts it's going to happen again and, due to that logic, it's virtually guaranteed. All any hero has left is the mask...but most put it on themselves after their tragedy's. They pretty much stopped having lives after this. Spiderman barely had a life before, finally got one after, and then lost it BECAUSE of the mask. Once you put on the mask you can't put it down. So when you put it on it changes you, especially when you use it to cope. Every hero has gone through this. It's just that Spiderman's entire story is VASTLY different than every other super hero. He started off totally different (without any sort of tragic lifestyle), became a hero much more differently, and then he entirely changed the Comic Book Universe. He was the first to fail when it mattered and has failed every other time since.

There's probably a lot more one could add to this but I believe I've covered the main points. So, in the end, my list goes like this:

1: Spiderman

2: Punisher

3: Spawn

4: The Hulk

5: The Thing

6: Batman

7: Superman

And that's all I got right now. Honestly Superman shouldn't even be on the list. All that sucks about his life is he's the last of his race...BUT OH WAIT! There's Supergirl. It's not like he ever knew them personally, plus he can still have kids with human children. So, like I said, that's all i got.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardenedh3ro: um what?! Its nothing really "special" ?! He endured what no one one should ever go through and it sure as heck wasnt the "norm" for that place and time. people being torn from their families their homes everything they knew, not knowing where they were going or why, only to be tortured, and /or die. It was horrific, 6 million people. So yea there were alot of people who went through the same thing except most of them are dead because of a few people who needed to blame Germanys problems on someone and hey why not Jews. he was there because he was Jewish. He was ripped from his home with his family brought to a concentration camp and then seperated from his family as a little boy only to learn that upon watching thousands die his family, had also died. It is the most horrific event in history. And yes many people experienced it in real life, not too many in comics. Its certainly a sadder story then someone whose life sucks. I mean honestly nobody knows what he truly saw but watching your parents get ripped from you and watching thousands, millions of of people die by torture, burnt alive. He gets to live with that the rest of his life, these horrors which no one should have ever witnessed, or gone through. Yea way worse then the typical parents are dead scenario. But glad you can write it off as the norm or nothing special.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: not enough for what? Hes suffered for over 2000 years. When he made a deal for one od trigons sons to have and wear his penance necklace, he couldnt do it. He was surprised and shocked that ohantom stranger deals with that kind of sadness and guilt every day of his life.

Not enough to beat Guts :p

HardenedH3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardenedh3ro: um what?! Its nothing really "special" ?! He endured what no one one should ever go through and it sure as heck wasnt the "norm" for that place and time. people being torn from their families their homes everything they knew, not knowing where they were going or why, only to be tortured, and /or die. It was horrific, 6 million people. So yea there were alot of people who went through the same thing except most of them are dead because of a few people who needed to blame Germanys problems on someone and hey why not Jews. he was there because he was Jewish. He was ripped from his home with his family brought to a concentration camp and then seperated from his family as a little boy only to learn that upon watching thousands die his family, had also died. It is the most horrific event in history. And yes many people experienced it in real life, not too many in comics. Its certainly a sadder story then someone whose life sucks. I mean honestly nobody knows what he truly saw but watching your parents get ripped from you and watching thousands, millions of of people die by torture, burnt alive. He gets to live with that the rest of his life, these horrors which no one should have ever witnessed, or gone through. Yea way worse then the typical parents are dead scenario. But glad you can write it off as the norm or nothing special.

I don't mean it like that Yes, that is an incredibly HORRIBLE situation. It's traumatizing and it sucks. Incredibly. But all in all it's not THAT much worse than Batman's Origin or The Punishers. What I meant to say was it wasn't "unique" and it didn't really have as much as an emotional impact. It was more of a mental trauma, if you know what I mean. Magneto is, I suppose, a Superhero/Supervillain who deserves to be on the list. He still doesn't beat Spiderman or even the Punisher/Spawn, though. As a child he never really felt true despair because he never got the chance to know true happiness, making it impossible for him to go through certain emotions. X-23, from what I know, goes through much the same thing. All he really knew was the Nazi Camp so it's kind've hard for him to know what's outside the walls. Yeah, it's horrifying and tragic. But in the end he wasn't an adult and made decisions he regretted. He didn't fall in love and lose everything. Being in that camp didn't really change who he was; it MADE him who he is. What happened didn't break him, it didn't really damage him. It hardened him. He barely had anything in the first place so it's hard to know loss in such a state. That's just from my view, though.

Rangerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardenedh3ro: I can respect your outlook on it. I for sure thought you were writing it off as nothing special. One of the most horrific events in human history cannot be taken lightly or overlooked thanks for clarifing. Cheers.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man... the all time greatest fictional character:

1. Abandoned by his parents at a young age.
  2. Watched Gwen Stacy killed right in front of him.
  3. Lost Uncle Ben.
HardenedH3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: Oh don't worry about it. I'm actually glad you mentioned it and made me rethink it. i got a better grasp of the characters and whatnot so it all works out in the end haha.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman because he has had His parents, Jason Todd, Damian, Talia, and almost Nightwing taken away from him not to mention what happened to Batgirl.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, why are so many superheroes orphans Superman, Batman, Shazam....

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Gorgon : He sacrified everything to become the ultimate sick f***k...

HardenedH3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141 said:

Batman because he has had His parents, Jason Todd, Damian, Talia, and almost Nightwing taken away from him not to mention what happened to Batgirl.

Like i said before, Batman is my favorite superhero. But honestly it wasn't that bad. He lost his parents when he was young which IS pretty horrible. But he's a strong man. It didn't destroy him and instead made him stronger, thus creating The Batman. Jason Todd, I will admit, was a pretty bad situation too. But it wasn't his fault added on with the fact Jason didn't actually die...so for awhile it hurt but once again, Batman is strong. It doesn't really haunt him like Gwen's death does. Damian death was also not his fault. Actually lets get this out of the way: NONE of the bad situations that happened to Batman were actually his fault. So while there might be some guilt there, it's not nearly as intense as it would have been if he'd personally been responsible . Now back to Damian:

When he died Batman DID get revenge on Heretic and while not exactly killing him he brutally beat him up. Damian was probably affected Batman worse than his parent's deaths, sure, but if you want to get technical this is probably the only real time he was emotionally distraught. But Spiderman went through this...what? Four more times than he did? Five more? It's a relatively long list for Spiderman. I'm not going to even include Talia in this because honestly, if I were Batman, I may love the bitch but she can go lie down and die. She's a lying, backstabbing, manipulative fucking whore. She tried to kill her own son for fucks sake so when she died it was actually a good thing. Sure, a little regret and a little loss. But it's not like he actually had a whole lot of compassion for her; he knew what she was and what she did. It went against his entire being, morally and emotionally. So he, in a lot of ways, didn't actually give a shit. I've already talked about Batgirl so as for Nightwing...

Well, Nightwing was an adult. He was love by Bruce as a son so yes, if he would've died, it would've been incredibly sad. But that's the thing: he DIDN'T die. So that's not really sad. Sure, a little emotional with the fact it was a close one, but it's like when shooting a basketball in sports: you may have hit the rim so it was close; it just wasn't close enough. And all that means is that it doesn't count, nor does it matter. It's a miss. That's just how I feel though.

SolidWall211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's never a good comic hero without a tragic story, but I would have to go with Deadpool. He has severe skin cancer that made him look hideous, and he has to live with that for eternity. Because of that he has extreme low self esteem issues, and he hides that with sarcasm, and dark humor. He can also never have a love life because of his egregious looks.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage Man

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Martian Manhunter would be my vote for saddest entire life

Nightcrawlers in a pretty sad situation at the moment though

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine, BY FAR! Nothing comes close. NOTHING comes even 50% close to what Wolverine has gone through, he isn't called "The hardest working superhero" for nothing.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Definitely Martian Manhunter. His sadness is basically Batman's multiplied by Superman's. His ENTIRE RACE died while he was an adult, including his wife and daughter. Not to mention he buried them all by himself; then sat around being lonely for years.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Its Magneto. Hands down. Nazi Concentration camp, nothing worse then seeings millions of people die including ones own family And he was a hero, a couple times even if only for a short time.

Try seeing EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN YOUR PLANET dying including your own family; and then single handedly burying them all only to face years of loneliness.

Martian Manhunter.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine, BY FAR! Nothing comes close. NOTHING comes even 50% close to what Wolverine has gone through, he isn't called "The hardest working superhero" for nothing.

"Hardest working"? This is the guy that runs into every attack with open arms like he's going to hug it, then just wave his arms around at whatever he's by.

Meanwhile, Batman has to dodge everything, and think, and plan, and build and strategize. Wolverine should never be called the "hardest working superhero", like, ever.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Martian Manhunter is definitely up there

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By nickthedevil

I think Doomsday, while not a hero, has a pretty sad origin. IIRC, he once helped Superman when his mind was free of his programming.

There was even an alternate timeline where he became the new Superman and kept the legacy alive

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mighty_monarch: Your right J'onn definitely has a sad origin and one thats arguably the saddest. I would say J'onn and Erik hold the top spots. J'onn lost his planet, his race, his family, Erik got ripped from home and forced into a nazi concentration camp where he witnessed people being tortured, starved, killed etc. And was starved and tortured himself according to some comics that dive into his history. I say they both experienced something no one should regardless of comic world or real life

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

"Hardest working"? This is the guy that runs into every attack with open arms like he's going to hug it, then just wave his arms around at whatever he's by.

Meanwhile, Batman has to dodge everything, and think, and plan, and build and strategize. Wolverine should never be called the "hardest working superhero", like, ever.

First of all, he accidentally killed his father, his mother committed suicide and he was forced to live in the woods, with WOLVES when he was a kid. He went to hell once, he was forced to kill his kids, he then was brainwashed by Mysterio to kill the entire X-men, he killed Jean, he was by far the hero who went through the most, and he keeps on getting back up. Batman had it easy IMO, if Batman went through one of these, he would go insane.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

First of all, he accidentally killed his father, his mother commited suicide and he was forced to live in the woods, with WOLVES when he was a kid. He went to hell once, he was forced to kill his kids, he then was brainwashed by Mysterio to kill the entire X-men, he killed Jean, he was by far the hero who went through the most, and he keeps on getting back up. Batman had it easy IMO, if Batman went through one of these, he would go insane.

Batman saw his parents killed, lost his second ward due ot his own failure, lost the woman he loved, his son died trying to help him, had his back broken and worked back from it, you know, without an unbreakable set of bones and healing factor, had to work his way back through the time stream, losing people and lives he cared about in the process. Batman's been to hell and apokolips.

Wolverine never killed the X-men outside of Old Man logan. Not canon.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

First of all, he accidentally killed his father, his mother commited suicide and he was forced to live in the woods, with WOLVES when he was a kid. He went to hell once, he was forced to kill his kids, he then was brainwashed by Mysterio to kill the entire X-men, he killed Jean, he was by far the hero who went through the most, and he keeps on getting back up. Batman had it easy IMO, if Batman went through one of these, he would go insane.

Batman saw his parents killed, lost his second ward due ot his own failure, lost the woman he loved, his son died trying to help him, had his back broken and worked back from it, you know, without an unbreakable set of bones and healing factor, had to work his way back through the time stream, losing people and lives he cared about in the process. Batman's been to hell and apokolips.

Wolverine never killed the X-men outside of Old Man logan. Not canon.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/wolverines-darkest-moments

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2:

Still not the hardest working super hero. Is he a tough cookie? Has he gone through some mud? Hell yes he has, that's not even debatable. But Hard working is a whole different thing.