Which Star Wars characters can replicate this feat? (Legends)

• 90 results
killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 killbilly  Moderator

Forgive me, as I haven't read the book in a while, but why would the need to capture Kota hinder Galen's power?

-

Baseless speculation that he was wielding an unfamiliar weapon, in fact it's likely SK fought with them under his apprenticeship training with Vader. Though obviously that is baseless speculation as well.

-

Needing to keep track of nearby Imperials is also baseless, your grasping at straws.

"Generally should be." Since you're trying to make a concrete argument, could you please verify for me that the deleted scene in the TCW movie is canon? Or is that just your assumption?

Read the tweet, that's your concrete argument:

"We generally treat unreleased TCW as canon."

All cut TCW content is considered Canon (hence the generally). The TCW movie is part of TCW.

Dude, are you joking, or have you really not read the novel? Galen isn't trying to capture Kota at that point, he's trying to ally himself with Rahm Kota at that point and has to rescue Kota from Imperial forces that have also found him. Galen at that point in the game is primarily a Darkside Force user, but he can't draw on his full power without Kota becoming aware of his true nature.

-

It's not baseless speculation. Shadow Guards wield Lightsaber Pikes and are depicted as such in the games. While Galen is likely familiar with the weapon, his most common sparring partners did not wield them, nor the Jedi he fought up to that point in the game. Galen is reasonably going to be less familiar with the weapon, and because of their increased range, may even do something logical by giving ground before adjusting and going on his own offensive.

-

How is it baseless? He's aware they're in the area due to the warning he received from Kota, wouldn't he reasonably want to keep track of them and conserve energy so that he could deal with them when they arrive?

-

"All cut TCW content is considered Canon (hence the generally)."

You just contradicted yourself. Generally literally means, mostly but not all the time:

No Caption Provided

Now please verify that the instance you were referring to is one of those times.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@w4nkdestroyer said:
@killbilly said:
@w4nkdestroyer said:
@killbilly said:
@w4nkdestroyer said:
@wolfrazer said:

@w4nkdestroyer: You still didn't show that the SG was equal or superior to Galen in The Force. So he's not sub SG in The Force.

@wolfrazer said:

@w4nkdestroyer: That didn't prove that the Shadow Guard was superior in The Force. Nor that Galen was weaker, they were fighting mostly in melee combat with the SG using The Force to throw things at him. Galen then ended the fight by using The Force to throw a fan at him.

Them fighting backward and forward as well as the SG proving to be a tough fight for SK implies parity in the force.

No it doesn't for the reasons I've already stated:

@killbilly said:
@wolfrazer said:

@w4nkdestroyer: That didn't prove that the Shadow Guard was superior in The Force. Nor that Galen was weaker, they were fighting mostly in melee combat with the SG using The Force to throw things at him. Galen then ended the fight by using The Force to throw a fan at him.

He's trying to argue that them fighting "backward and forward" somehow implies parity when it's far more likely Galen was simply figuring out the best way to take the SG out while utilizing a minimal amount of energy since he couldn't draw on his full power with Kota being nearby and would have needed to conserve it anyways since he was fighting waves of Imperial forces as they continued to receive reinforcements.

And I responded to that:

Yeah, because hitting somebody with a giant fan is a lot more energy efficient than just outright ragdolling them with the force, of course assuming this gap exists in the first place.

Affecting a physical object with telekinesis is far easier than tearing through the defenses of Force user with even a fraction of the power you're suggesting that SG possesses, yes.

Than I guess the gap between Kenobi and Maul or Dooku is bigger than the gap between Galen and a shadow guard, which again refutes your argument.

If there weren't external circumstances which didn't make it so that Galen would logically want to conserve energy and where he wasn't stated outright holding back, sure. Granted, the Kenobi instances you referenced have their own circumstances, him getting ragdolled by Dooku being a result of his inability to react to the attack initially.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 killbilly  Moderator

Nope, they were compared in this way:

This assassin was more proficient than the first, wiry and strong with a good reach and penchant for telekinetically throwing items from inside the apprentice's blind spot.

The author narrating the second guard was tough work has no correlation to the first guard.

-

Source?

-

Awesome, doesn't affect his ability at all.

> Galen likely would have been diverting focus towards keeping track of those forces and conserving his energy in order to be able to deal with them.

Force reserves/=force power.

> Galen also was multi-tasking during the fight, both fending off the SG and gathering the energy necessary to send the blade spinning towards the SG.

And the SG was throwing things at him as well, by that logic he was gathering/spending energy too.

> Your conclusion is correct. Galen is superior.

I wish somebody could explain how.

The author comparing the two does not preclude further comparison...

-

Glancing around for Kota, he was relieved to see that the general was nowhere nearby. Now he could summon the full power of the dark side." - The Force Unleashed.

-

It logically would affect the way he fights in the ways I already mentioned.

-

I didn't say they did ( though the two do correlate per numerous sources ) but it's clear Galen would refrain from utilizing a greater amount of power than is necessary when he still has an unknown amount of forces to deal with once he finishes with the Shadow Guard.

-

Which would be easier for the Shadow Guard to do with a Lightsaber Pike as it would allow them to create distance between themselves and Galen and give them a moment to gather their power.

-

Already have. If you're unable to process pretty basic information that's spelled out for you, that's your problem.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Several characters can

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

I'll let you get back to these. Don't intend to spend my day by the computer so if you have something up by then, expect my responses some time in the evening or later. Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vitiate/Valkorian, Darth Sidious, Yoda and Grandmaster Luke can copy it for sure. Other worthy mentioned force users are Darth Vader, Mace Windu and Darth Plagueis who might have a chance crashing a star destroyer with Telekinesis.

Chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly said:

It'd be fun to see some of these so called "SW debaters" attempt to argue their characters could replicate this feat in a cross verse debate. Though I'm sure they're smart enough to realize their crap only gets them so far within the verse itself let alone one when the opponent is not humoring their presumptions.

I hate the culture around Star Wars debates on the Vine more than anyone, but it's just a consistent thing that people are more tolerant of scaling and holistic appraisal of power hierarchies during in-universe discussions. Things like hype, portrayal and thematic inference are a thing for in-universe discussions and for something like that to take place in an different-universe debate both debaters aught to have a solid understanding of both verses. It even seems to change by medium - people are more tolerant when talking about book series, morese than live action, and worse again when it comes to comics and manga. I rarely see flame wars over things like ranking Harry Potter characters, as opposed to things like DBZ or Naruto.

So I wouldn't take a thread like this as a mark against SW, in particular, on the Vine.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any high-tier Force user.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 killbilly  Moderator

@alphaq said:

@killbilly said:

It'd be fun to see some of these so called "SW debaters" attempt to argue their characters could replicate this feat in a cross verse debate. Though I'm sure they're smart enough to realize their crap only gets them so far within the verse itself let alone one when the opponent is not humoring their presumptions.

I hate the culture around Star Wars debates on the Vine more than anyone, but it's just a consistent thing that people are more tolerant of scaling and holistic appraisal of power hierarchies during in-universe discussions. Things like hype, portrayal and thematic inference are a thing for in-universe discussions and for something like that to take place in an different-universe debate both debaters aught to have a solid understanding of both verses. It even seems to change by medium - people are more tolerant when talking about book series, morese than live action, and worse again when it comes to comics and manga. I rarely see flame wars over things like ranking Harry Potter characters, as opposed to things like DBZ or Naruto.

So I wouldn't take a thread like this as a mark against SW, in particular, on the Vine.

Ah, no worries. I've been apart of the Vine's SW community for many years at this point. I'm simply calling them out for constantly representing dishonest positions that they know they can somewhat get away with because they're debating within the universe. Ones they'd never dare bring up the light of day or in a cross verse thread.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vortex1456789

@darthsuper: Luke in the Vong war was nowhere near the level of moving ships.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/eu-luke-skywalker-vs-616-thor-2111938/?page=3#js-message-24089412

A Dovin Basal's black hole was unable to stop an X Wing escaping when it was pulling it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darthsuper: Luke in the Vong war was nowhere near the level of moving ships.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/eu-luke-skywalker-vs-616-thor-2111938/?page=3#js-message-24089412

A Dovin Basal's black hole was unable to stop an X Wing escaping when it was pulling it.

Ok, doesn't change my answer.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper: Galen was just guiding a star destroyer that was falling as it is. And Galen almost blacked out from it.

The novel that Luke gets his void manipulation display shows a void being unable to to overpower an X-Wing's engines and gets taxed absorbing proton torpedos.

A pulse of data from the T-65R brought a specific coralskipper up on his targeting monitor. It didn’t look that different from the others, but as he flew toward it, he could tell by the way it moved and maneuvered, it had a hot hand on the stick.

“With me, Deuce?”

A double click coming back through the comm channel confirmed Nevil’s understanding of his role. Gavin came up on the port S-foil and pulled back on the stick to run his X-wing in at the killer coralskipper. He plotted a course that would pass behind it and kept adjusting it to tighten the distance between them without arrowing straight in at it.

The coralskipper was intent on tracking one of the X-wings. Gavin identified the ship as belonging to Lieutenant Ligg Panat, a Krish female who had just joined the squadron. The Krish were well known for their love of games, and the way she was flying made Gavin think she was taking the Yuuzhan Vong on her tail a bit too lightly. She was managing to juke her ship around, making it hard to hit, but she still couldn’t break away cleanly.

“Seven, this is Lead. On my mark, reverse throttle, break port.”

“Lead, I can handle—”

“This is an order, Seven. On my mark. Mark.”

Ligg reversed her thrust and rolled to the left, making it look as if she’d just nudged her ship out of the Yuuzhan Vong pilot’s way. The coralskipper shot past her, then rolled out right and came up. The Yuuzhan Vong ship’s nose came around, and the coralskipper lined up for a head-to-head run on Gavin’s fighter.

That sent a jolt through Gavin. Why would it do that? If it uses its black holes to shield itself, it can’t take down my shields, so its plasma shots won’t get through. If it takes down my shields, I can dump a torp down its throat. Makes no sense.

Realizing that if he couldn’t tell what the enemy was planning, going along with the enemy’s plan was stupid, Gavin triggered a burst of flickers at the incoming target. The cloud of red energy needles flew out and, as he expected, curved in together into the black hole the coralskipper had erected to protect itself. What he hadn’t expected is that the void would intercept them that far forward.

Gavin kicked his fighter into a snap roll to starboard, then jammed the throttle full. Sparks shot from the inertial compensator panel as the X-wing grazed the edge of the black hole. Catch screamed, and Gavin hugged the stick back to his chest. The X-wing shuddered and engines whined, but his speed started dropping. I’m getting sucked into that thing!

Gavin reversed thrust on his fighter, then ruddered the nose around to point at the black hole. The screaming engines fought the black hole’s pull, but surrendered precious centimeter after centimeter to it. He flicked the weapons control over to proton torpedoes and emptied his magazine of six into the black hole. One after one the torps dived into the gravitic anomaly, and somehow the black hole managed to contain the vast energy their explosions released.

But, Gavin noticed, his rate of descent into the black hole slowed.

He flicked his thrust forward. The fighter picked up speed, attracted by the black hole and pushed by the engines. Then he pulled back on the stick and used the velocity he’d acquired to shoot past the black hole’s edge.

More sparks shot through the cockpit, and his shields collapsed. His sensor screens blinked for a moment, then came back on full, but he couldn’t see the coralskipper. “Catch, where is it?”

Nevil’s voice came through the comm speakers in his helmet. “Thanks for distracting it, Lead. Seven and I angled in and got it. Not a pretty kill, but a kill.”

“Thanks, Deuce. Flight leaders, report.”

“Five here, Lead. Eight lost an engine and will have to be picked up, otherwise we’re fine.”

“Good, Five. Nine, what about Three flight?”

- Star Wars: New Jedi Order - Onslaught

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@w4nkdestroyer said:
@killbilly said:
@w4nkdestroyer said:

Forgive me, as I haven't read the book in a while, but why would the need to capture Kota hinder Galen's power?

-

Baseless speculation that he was wielding an unfamiliar weapon, in fact it's likely SK fought with them under his apprenticeship training with Vader. Though obviously that is baseless speculation as well.

-

Needing to keep track of nearby Imperials is also baseless, your grasping at straws.

"Generally should be." Since you're trying to make a concrete argument, could you please verify for me that the deleted scene in the TCW movie is canon? Or is that just your assumption?

Read the tweet, that's your concrete argument:

"We generally treat unreleased TCW as canon."

All cut TCW content is considered Canon (hence the generally). The TCW movie is part of TCW.

I read it when it first came out in 2009, I was 17. I am now 26, and just got into Star Wars debating again. It hasn't been at the forefront of my mind for the past 9 years, my bad dawg.

Fair points though.

-

You just admitted he is familiar with the weapon.

And while pikes do have a range advantage, they also have a maneuverability disadvantage, so it evens out.

-

Weaker force users than Galen have taken on larger groups with little issue.

-

In the context of the tweet, it's all the time, hence the "but that's not to say it could never be reexplored".

Cut content is only non Canon if they go back and edit that content.

It's fine. I just would caution you against making claims until you've refamiliarized yourself with the material.

-

I'm just saying, it's not unreasonable to suggest Galen would realize he's up against a weapon he doesn't fight against all the time and would give ground initially in order to adjust his fighting style.

-

Really? Count Dooku in The Clone Wars surrendered to a large group of pirates. I'm not even suggesting that Galen needs to be overly concerned. Just that it is going to be something he keeps in mind. Especially when he would've been able to sense that there were two more Shadow Guards arriving with the rest of the Imperial forces.

-

Fair enough. I honestly just misread the quote initially.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 killbilly  Moderator
@killbilly said:

If there weren't external circumstances which didn't make it so that Galen would logically want to conserve energy and where he wasn't stated outright holding back, sure. Granted, the Kenobi instances you referenced have their own circumstances, him getting ragdolled by Dooku being a result of his inability to react to the attack initially.

The holding back part I understand, however you haven't substantiated that Galen was conserving his force power on top of that.

Fair enough on the Dooku part but Maul ragdolled a focus amped Kenobi, so the point still stands.

I'd have to take a look at the Maul vs Kenobi scenes again, but I'm pretty sure there were circumstances in both instances where Maul managed to secure a Force grip on Kenobi.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@vortex1456789 said:

@darthsuper: Galen was just guiding a star destroyer that was falling as it is. And Galen almost blacked out from it.

The novel that Luke gets his void manipulation display shows a void being unable to to overpower an X-Wing's engines and gets taxed absorbing proton torpedos.

This is a blatant fiction. In no depiction of The Force Unleashed is Galen shown to have "almost blacked out" from carrying out the feat. Not that that would suggest the ISD feat is beyond his ability even if he had considering he carried out a far more energy intensive feat on the same day ( powering a blast which destroyed a superstructure which Juno described as the largest superstructure she'd ever seen, despite seeing both the Kashyyyk skyhook and the SSD Executor prior to that point ). Nice try though.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many to count.

Galen is not really that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 killbilly  Moderator

Too many to count.

Galen is not really that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

I mean, this is far from his best feat anyways.

Kewis42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Kewis42

@w4nkdestroyer said:

Dooku, Anakin, Windu, Kenobi, Maul, Sidious, Yoda, Vaylin, Revan, Arcann, Malgus, Valk/Vitiate, Exar Kun, Krayt, Luke, Jacen/Caedus, Jaina, Cade, Ben, Kyp, Plagueis, Nihilius, Ragnos, Tenebrous, Outlander, Nyax, Wyyrlock, Nadd, Suit Vader, possibly Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn off the top of my head.

Probably forgetting some Ancient Sith and post ROTJ characters but more or less. It's really not that impressive of a feat tbh, SK has better feats than this.

I'd agree with most of these. Not entirely sure about Anakin, Kenobi and Maul tbh but they all have very strong feats. Took effort for Maul to bring a hyperdrive down and yet I consider him very powerful in S7 of TCW (the fact he sensed Anakin was going to be Sidious' new apprentice without even knowing him speaks for itself), and there's a huge difference between that and ramming an (albeit already damaged and falling) Star Destroyer to the ground. Anakin has moved around huge dreadnoughts as a padawan so it should be in his reach. Kenobi, I'm not entirely sure either.

That being said, as much as I love the TFU game, Galen is highly overrated force wise.

Kewis42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Kewis42

@w4nkdestroyer said:
@kewis42 said:
@w4nkdestroyer said:

Dooku, Anakin, Windu, Kenobi, Maul, Sidious, Yoda, Vaylin, Revan, Arcann, Malgus, Valk/Vitiate, Exar Kun, Krayt, Luke, Jacen/Caedus, Jaina, Cade, Ben, Kyp, Plagueis, Nihilius, Ragnos, Tenebrous, Outlander, Nyax, Wyyrlock, Nadd, Suit Vader, possibly Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn off the top of my head.

Probably forgetting some Ancient Sith and post ROTJ characters but more or less. It's really not that impressive of a feat tbh, SK has better feats than this.

I'd agree with most of these. Not entirely sure about Anakin, Kenobi and Maul tbh but they all have very strong feats. Took effort for Maul to bring a hyperdrive down and yet I consider him very powerful in S7 of TCW (the fact he sensed Anakin was going to be Sidious' new apprentice without even knowing him speaks for itself), and there's a huge difference between that and ramming an (albeit already damaged and falling) Star Destroyer to the ground. Anakin has moved around huge dreadnoughts as a padawan so it should be in his reach. Kenobi, I'm not entirely sure either.

That being said, as much as I love the TFU game, Galen is highly overrated force wise.

Maul and Anakin are more powerful than a majority of the other characters I listed 🥴

They're only behind Sidious, Yoda, Valk, Krayt, Luke, and Caedus.

You have a point lol, I was more thinking of the canon characters and those in well known legends. But, Maul and Anakin above Plagueis, Nihilius and Windu? Tenebrous is probably around their tier aswell, a bit lower obviously but still very strong from what I know.

What about Kenobi? He's not as strong as Anakin or the characters I listed.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: It did show Galen was severely exhausting himself. And it said it was as though his body would be torn apart.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader and Sidious and prime Luke

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@vortex1456789 said:

@killbilly: It did show Galen was severely exhausting himself. And it said it was as though his body would be torn apart.

This is pretty reasonable considering he carried out a far more energy intensive feat beforehand, though it's still irrelevant to the fact that you told a blatant fiction which you've been called out for in other threads. :/

Kewis42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using PIS-ridden TCW feats isn't really a good way of solidifying your claim. In TCW Anakin was losing to a banker, Maul got overpowered by a dog, and Cad Bane 2v1'd Vos and Kenobi. TCW is largely inconsistent with the way Legends characters are portrayed in other media, despite TCW being Legends as well. Hence why I don't usually use TCW feats to compare against non TCW characters.

I mean in the EU, a pre-TPM Maul was capable of massacring a whole army of Black Sun mercenaries, and you think TCW Dooku would have trouble with a dozen pirates?

Pretty much, lol. Those episodes with Kenobi, Anakin and Dooku were fun but that along with him stalemating Anakin, Hondo is probably the guy with the most PIS in all of Star Wars. Dooku could decimate the pirates without breaking a sweat, and don't even get me started on how Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku COMBINED somehow can't escape a bunch of drunk pirates, even shackled.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: I was misinformed. Galen cannot in anyway casually bring down a SD.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@vortex1456789 said:

@killbilly: I was misinformed. Galen cannot in anyway casually bring down a SD.

I mean, he can casually bring down much larger structures prior to the point in the novel where he brought down the ISD so your conclusions which are either based on incomplete knowledge or just good old fashioned bias are hardly relevant to me. Have fun playing around with your fantasies though.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Vortex will lowballing SW character to say GM Luke cannot move even mere ship. sad.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex1456789:

Luke in the Vong war was nowhere near the level of moving ships.

Loading Video...

Luke > Yoda. Fact. Yoda can moving trade federation ship.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GM Luke > Vader.

Feat and scaling > Your Head Canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the context:

Luke (DE onwards),

Mace,

Yoda,

ROTS onwards Sheev,

Prime Outlander,

Unchained Vaylin,

Valkorion,

Abeloth,

The Mortis Gods,

Any of the other Celestials besides the Ones (Mortis Gods),

Vader (maybe),

Dooku (maybe),

Nihilus (depending on how seriously you take the fleet TK feat),

Plagueis (maybe).

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn:

Which version of Vader do you refering to?

Also do you think KF Vader can replicate?

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Cinna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pathetic. A mere Lord of Vitiate's Sith Empire (Fulminiss) did better (Blew up city with lightning)

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@cinna said:

That's pathetic. A mere Lord of Vitiate's Sith Empire (Fulminiss) did better (Blew up city with lightning)

"Widely regarded as one of the greatest Sith sorcerers in the Empire, the enigmatic Lord Fulminiss is a master of the dark side’s most arcane and lethal aspects. The grotesque Harrower assassins are his most famous creation, but legend has it he once summoned a raging storm of pure Force energy that disintegrated a rebellious city of natives in the Imperial-conquered Jabiim system." - The Old Republic: Codex Entry: Lord Fulminiss.

Legend and rumor also has it that Sith Lord's could blow up stars:

"Powerful adepts were said to have been able to saturate the atmosphere of planets with dark side energy, compel stars to explode, or induce paralysis in crowds." - Darth Plagueis.

And while we know that has some basis in truth due to Naga Sadow having done so, we also know that Naga Sadow was heavily amped at the time he accomplished the feat.

Is there any evidence to suggest a baseline Fulminiss is capable of blowing up city under his own power?

Cinna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly:

In regards to Plagueis, you are correct in identifying that Naga Sadow was heavily amped when he did that. In canon a Sith named Sadow seems to have done it under his own powers. The only Sith I can name who could definitely blow stars up under their own power are Valkorion and Canon Sidious (assuming Sidious absorbed Sadow's spirit as well- which is hinted at). In regards to filling atmospheres with the Dark Side, Valkorion, Legends Sidious, Freedon Nadd and the supernova caused by Aleema Keto did that. Inducing paralysis in crowds was something of Exar Kun's specialty. Note, however, he used a Sith spell for that.

But there is literally one source in existence for the Jabiim feat- the one you have above. Given in the absence of more evidence the simplest explanation is usually the best, he is most likely to have done it himself. This appears to agree with his later feats, where he is mentioned to have specialized in killing the populations of entire planets and being personally dispatched by Vitiate to initiate mass genocide on Voss. If he didn't it opens up a whole range of questions such as why the ritual wasn't used by anyone else. If he did himself he just is more powerful than nearly everyone except people with even better feats (Darth Marr) or who directly scale above them (Darth Baras). If he used a ritual explaining why no-one else used it after him is nearly impossible.

Good points.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@cinna said:

@killbilly:

If he didn't it opens up a whole range of questions such as why the ritual wasn't used by anyone else.

Perhaps this might be your answer:

"Widely regarded as one of the greatest Sith sorcerers in the Empire..." - The Old Republic: Codex Entry: Lord Fulminiss.

@cinna said:

@killbilly:

This appears to agree with his later feats, where he is mentioned to have specialized in killing the populations of entire planets and being personally dispatched by Vitiate to initiate mass genocide on Voss.

I'd be curious to see these quotes tbh. Perhaps they can provide further context to help illuminate the matter and the manner in which he intended to accomplish these tasks set for him.