Which recent trailer Flash suit looked better?

• 104 results
Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Lawz

Poll Which recent trailer Flash suit looked better? (74 votes)

CW Future Flash 46%
DCEU Flash 42%
Results 12%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Flash show but I really don't understand the hate for the DCEU Flash look. It looks much better, which is should do given the budget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Future Flash. DCEU's Flash still looks like an overcomplicated action figure.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Flash's suit still looks like a leather jacket

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU. They do what they can with the budget they have on the C-Dubb show, but I've seen better Flash cosplay at Cons.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW costume is fine. DCEU Flash is horribly overdesigned.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iara said:

I love the Flash show but I really don't understand the hate for the DCEU Flash look. It looks much better, which is should do given the budget.

I think 90% of the hate is the shoulder pads. Lose those and it's awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iara said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly? movie flash looks better, as it should, even though i dislike the design.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do people still not realise that it's homemade? He's not iron man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: because his powers are more complex than just putting on a leather jacket.

The classic suit worked for every other incarnation. Don't excuse bad design just because it's new.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: I don't need to excuse a bad design because that's subjective. It's a more logical, better design.

To you. To me, it reeks of "Isn't this SO COOL, guys? MORE complicated, MORE! We need to make this suit so ridiculously complex there's no way a human would ever fit into it or even want to! MORE WIRES!!"

It looks like WB got wind of the Flash's "Body Armor" kids toy Mattel was making and went "Perfect!!"

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: do u actively try to make sense? Do u know the amount of things they put into consideration for the suit? It's not just to look 'cool'. Plus it's homemade

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By buttersdaman000

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: I don't need to excuse a bad design because that's subjective. It's a more logical, better design.

To you. To me, it reeks of "Isn't this SO COOL, guys? MORE complicated, MORE! We need to make this suit so ridiculously complex there's no way a human would ever fit into it or even want to! MORE WIRES!!"

It looks like WB got wind of the Flash's "Body Armor" kids toy Mattel was making and went "Perfect!!"

This is completely disingenuous. I don't even like the DCEU design that much, but thought beyond what "looked cool" and "complicated" went into the design. We've known that much for months now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: more thought process doesn't equal trying to be cool. The mixture of the material and how the speed force plays off it makes it so much better.

Is there even any actual material? It's a bunch of metal plates strung together by some wires. It literally looks like Flash spent his day at the junkyard and jimmied something together. Why would anyone want to move around in that? Heck, ONLY the Flash could move in that.

Can't just have him wear a suit that's resistant enough to not burn off. Nope, that's too simple. This is the DCEU! This is where everyday superhero stuff needs to be compared to gods and demons and is God good and can God be good if he's all powerful and blah blah blah tragic blah blah blah sadness just to get to a big punch out at the end that renders everything moot anyway!

Seriously, people. Less is more.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got convinced by the DCEU flash since the new trailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: it's a prototype suit that he stole from NASA and later designed himself, there's nothing God related about to be honest.

I was speaking about the DCEU itself for the whole God thing. The point was this whole universe is too dang complicated for its own good. And that doesn't make any sense either. Why would NASA design someone a suit with a whole lot of metal plates on it?

In fact, why would someone whose main power is RUNNING FAST want to weigh themselves down with a crapload of heavy metal plates? Wouldn't he want something sleek and lightweight to help him run faster?

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56: NASA didn't design it, Flash did it by stealing materials from the NASA, or so I heard no? I think above poster is wrong about that one. It makes more sense this way and explains the "patched up" look.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They took this look from the Injustice Flash. I like it way better than CW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: No thought went into practicality apparently. It's like if my power was flight so my first design choice was to attach a ball and chain to each of my legs.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56: Well who needs heavy plates as a speedster? Maybe this guy

Loading Video...

About DC being overcomplicated, well I just disagree there so no explaining to do and this thread is about Flash anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario said:

@nicksmi56: Well who needs heavy plates as a speedster? Maybe this guy

Loading Video...

Ah yes, the old "I have no defense so let me attack the competition," play. That's not old at all.

No Caption Provided

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56: How is that taking a jab at marvel lol? You just told me that "Who would ever want protection as a speedster instead of something that just makes them faster?" And I showed you that even speedsters need protection.

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: it's a prototype suit that he stole from NASA and later designed himself, there's nothing God related about to be honest.

In fact, why would someone whose main power is RUNNING FAST want to weigh themselves down with a crapload of heavy metal plates? Wouldn't he want something sleek and lightweight to help him run faster?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario: I sincerely doubt that Flash was thinking about tanking bullets when he made the suit. Especially since bullets wouldn't be able to touch him if he's moving fast enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

This is a better pic of Flash's suit:

No Caption Provided

In action I think it looks much better:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: That's besides the point, they aren't just bullet proof they are general protection against damage. Being fast doesn't mean not getting tagged ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: That's besides the point, they aren't just bullet proof they are general protection against damage. Being fast doesn't mean not getting tagged ever.

If you're doing it well and fighting against bank robbers and the like, which is probably all that was around when he first made the suit, it actually does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: you can never be too safe

That's a cop out and you know it. By that logic, Olympic runners should be running in suits of medieval armor. After all, you never know!

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56: Ok by that logic, if he's only fighting bank robbers and the like, if he was already fast enough to easily deal with them without getting tagged, adding abit of weight with an armor guarantees that even he somehow gets caught off guard or maybe has to protect someone from he will not get gravely wounded and will still be fast enough to dispatch them under normal circunstances.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: Ok by that logic, if he's only fighting bank robbers and the like, if he was already fast enough to easily deal with them without getting tagged, adding abit of weight with an armor guarantees that even he somehow gets caught off guard or maybe has to protect someone from he will not get gravely wounded and will still be fast enough to dispatch them under normal circunstances.

That person would already be protected if he was fast enough to get them the heck out of dodge instead of being an idiot and weighing himself down with a dozen metal plates strung together by wires that probably constrict his movement as well.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56: Olympic runners don't get shot and try to get stabbed for a living lol, vigilantes and superheroes do. Thinking they will never be challenged would be rather foolish, what an explosive goes off and he cannot fully outrun the explosion, what if gets surrounded badly enough that it will be hard to dodge so many bullets, what if someone tries to stab him from the back using stealth, what if he gets shot with a silencer and he doesn't hear it go off so he won't know that he has to dodge at all in the first place, etc.

@nicksmi56 said:
@gotoucanario said:

That person would already be protected if he was fast enough to get them the heck out of dodge instead of being an idiot and weighing himself down with a dozen metal plates strung together by wires that probably constrict his movement as well.

Like I said, if he's already fast enough that means he's protected from straight forward situations, but if he has armor then he's also protected from being caught off guard or situations where he can't just outrun danger (see Quicksilver case).

Also if you have powers wouldn't you consider that there might be people out there with powers too? At worst he loses a neglible amount of speed while gaining a lot of safety.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: I don't think you get it, I don't need to cop out because it's a fact, it's like that for protection that's just common sense. How are you going to compare

Olympic runners to someone who fast enough to dodge plasma beams? Something touching him slightly at the speed he's traveling at would damage him.

By that logic, the momentum he's moving at would probably cause those metal wires he's strung himself up with to cut into him and damage him every time he goes too fast. Metal plates tied all over himself would probably cause a few bones to break as well unless they're literally fused to the suit. If he really went speeding around in that getup, he'd probably break his legs in the first couple of minutes. Of course, that's assuming these things even stay on to begin with because even the world's best tie job would unravel at those speeds. Either that or the metal cables would literally break down from the friction.

I can be hyper realistic for no reason too!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogueshadow  Moderator

@gotoucanario said:

If you're doing it well and fighting against bank robbers and the like, which is probably all that was around when he first made the suit, it actually does.

That operates under the assumption that Flash was as fast then as he is now. Who's to say he started out doing it well? Who's to say he wasn't scared when he started out, unsure of what would happen when he fought crime or even if he just hit something while running. It also assumes that he hasn't faced meta-humans/super-villains, which considering we know he's imprisoned boomerang, is entirely possible.

@ready_4_madness said:

That's a cop out and you know it. By that logic, Olympic runners should be running in suits of medieval armor. After all, you never know!

Olympic runners aren't in combat... or moving at massively enhanced speeds... this is a poor use of reductio ad absurdum.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was speaking about the DCEU itself for the whole God thing. The point was this whole universe is too dang complicated for its own good. And that doesn't make any sense either. Why would NASA design someone a suit with a whole lot of metal plates on it?

NASA designs suits for their astronauts with the idea of exploration in mind. Flash's suit was designed with the idea that he's going to fight criminals with guns in mind. Flash isn't bulletproof, and in the DCEU he's been the Flash since 2010 or something so he's probably caught a few boo boos in his days.

go ask QuickSilver that LOL. With the speeds Flash probably operates in the DCEU he could probably afford being slowed down for the sake of not being hurt as much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:
@gotoucanario said:

That operates under the assumption that Flash was as fast then as he is now. Who's to say he started out doing it well? Who's to say he wasn't scared when he started out, unsure of what would happen when he fought crime or even if he just hit something while running. It also assumes that he hasn't faced meta-humans/super-villains, which considering we know he's imprisoned boomerang, is entirely possible.

Even if you're scared, how piss-your-pants terrified do you have to be to be hit by a bullet that, in your perception, is barely moving? Did he stare at the bullet wide-eyed while it took 15 minutes to reach him? Wouldn't he practice before even getting in front of a gun, assuming he's smart? And I said when he started out, not that he never fought a super villain. Sure, he may not have been as fast, but how is slowing yourself down with heavy metal plates going to fix that? Wouldn't that just mean you get hit MORE and can save LESS people now?

@nicksmi56 said:
@ready_4_madness said:

Olympic runners aren't in combat... or moving at massively enhanced speeds... this is a poor use of reductio ad absurdum.

It's the same principle. If I'm running fast, I'm going to wear something to help me go faster, not tie a bunch of heavy crap to myself with wires for something that shouldn't even be a problem. The logic of this literally breaks down if you think about it for more than a minute. I'm sure that kid that just got crushed by debris really appreciates that Flash slowed himself down because he was scared of getting hit by something that shouldn't logically hit him.

If it was something like Spider-Man or Batman wearing armor, I'd be fine with it, but Flash literally goes too fast for anything we have to scratch him, even at his lower speeds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:
@nicksmi56 said:

NASA designs suits for their astronauts with the idea of exploration in mind. Flash's suit was designed with the idea that he's going to fight criminals with guns in mind. Flash isn't bulletproof, and in the DCEU he's been the Flash since 2010 or something so he's probably caught a few boo boos in his days.

go ask QuickSilver that LOL. With the speeds Flash probably operates in the DCEU he could probably afford being slowed down for the sake of not being hurt as much.

"...how is slowing yourself down with heavy metal plates going to fix that? Wouldn't that just mean you get hit MORE and can save LESS people now?"

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@nicksmi56 said:
@rogueshadow said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@gotoucanario said:

Even if you're scared, how piss-your-pants terrified do you have to be to be hit by a bullet that, in your perception, is barely moving? Did he stare at the bullet wide-eyed while it took 15 minutes to reach him? Wouldn't he practice before even getting in front of a gun, assuming he's smart? And I said when he started out, not that he never fought a super villain. Sure, he may not have been as fast, but how is slowing yourself down with heavy metal plates going to fix that? Wouldn't that just mean you get hit MORE and can save LESS people now?

@nicksmi56 said:
@ready_4_madness said:

It's the same principle. If I'm running fast, I'm going to wear something to help me go faster, not tie a bunch of heavy crap to myself with wires for something that shouldn't even be a problem. The logic of this literally breaks down if you think about it for more than a minute. I'm sure that kid that just got crushed by debris really appreciates that Flash slowed himself down because he was scared of getting hit by something that shouldn't logically hit him.

If it was something like Spider-Man or Batman wearing armor, I'd be fine with it, but Flash literally goes too fast for anything we have to scratch him, even at his lower speeds.

Flash is superhuman? A few lbs won't mean anything. I'm not a Flash expert, but from everything I've read, the speed-force lets him defy physics to an extent. A few lbs of extra armour is nothing, it doesn't even look bulky...

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56: First you are assuming he's basically at comic levels and already mastered his speed, even CW Barry crashed into a wall when starting out and he can easily dodge bullets when aware of them. By the batarng scene we know that at his "normal" speeds the bullets won't take an eternity to reach him.

Second, you are forgetting he is just a human, untrained, inexperienced, as fast as he is he can make mistakes. Crimefighting has a learning curve. It's pretty much a CM superhero staple. You said that if you do everything right you won't get tagged, well I doubt he will do everything right starting out.

Third you are assuming his armor significantly slows him down which is purely speculation. We don't know if he goes 30% slower or 1% slower.

And I also mentioned the fact that if you have superpowers who's to say there aren't others like you? We know his mother is dead and his father in prison so it's not too far reaching to say that he might consider a meta human having a hand in that event, specially now that he has his powers.