Which Psylocke do you like more?

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Psylocke do you like more? (24 votes)

Betsy Braddock 50%
Kwannon 38%
I like them exactly the same 13%

Betsy VS Kwannon - Which Character do you Prefer?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
AshConwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kwannon.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marygcrisostomo

Kwannon. She has a lot of exposure but is very weak. They need to make her more powerful

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I've never even heard of Kwannon until a few months ago. Is she a clone or a twin of Betsy?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I've never even heard of Kwannon until a few months ago. Is she a clone or a twin of Betsy?

She is the Asian body who Betsy inhabited for near the entirety of Betsy’s history. She was resurrected after Betsy regained her British body.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very surprised about the results of this poll. Like, I like Kwannon too, but I really thought there would have been more Betsy fans. Maybe the Betsy fans migrated out of comicvine.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6 god_spawn  Moderator

@pyrofn: Honestly same. I feel most people that like Betsy became fans of her through the Asian iteration since that’s very much the most common take on the character and has been for what, 30ish years?

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @pyrofn: Maybe I should have added the another option of Betsy in Kwannon's body version

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee said:

@god_spawn: @pyrofn: Maybe I should have added the another option of Betsy in Kwannon's body version

that option would rolfstomp probably

Elderberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betsy>>>>>>>>Kwannon.

Also annoying that everything Kwannon has is copy and pasted from Betsy. Telepathy, Telekinesis, Butterfly Signature, psionic constructs.

But i guess they're starting to develop her a little, to make her unique. They should have left her as a low level empath though. As it is now, its basically like we have two Betsys around.

Kwannon has a watered down form of Asian Betsys personality, but British Betsys current world is restriceted to captain britain shenanigans and her girlfriend.

I think if they put them in a spy/Xforce type book, where they tag team as Assasin badasses, and play off the fact that they're linked and share powers, you could get something out of it.

Its weird for Betsy to be the team assasin who struggles with being addicted to killing while also wanting to remain on the heroic path and keep that side of herself in check, to have all that just magically disappear because she's back in her original body.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betsy all day. The far more interesting character.

Asian Betsy was originally only probably supposed to be temporary and was always a hand me down Elektra. Kwannon's whole origin is a bad retcon and she has struggled to stay relevant.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Betsy>>>>>>>>Kwannon.

Also annoying that everything Kwannon has is copy and pasted from Betsy. Telepathy, Telekinesis, Butterfly Signature, psionic constructs.

But i guess they're starting to develop her a little, to make her unique. They should have left her as a low level empath though. As it is now, its basically like we have two Betsys around.

Kwannon has a watered down form of Asian Betsys personality, but British Betsys current world is restriceted to captain britain shenanigans and her girlfriend.

I think if they put them in a spy/Xforce type book, where they tag team as Assasin badasses, and play off the fact that they're linked and share powers, you could get something out of it.

Its weird for Betsy to be the team assasin who struggles with being addicted to killing while also wanting to remain on the heroic path and keep that side of herself in check, to have all that just magically disappear because she's back in her original body.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, there are the Betsy fans!

No Caption Provided

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marygcrisostomo: What powerset would you give her.

Dunno anything about Kwannon, but maybe she can have some weird abilities. Like have a version of Domino's ability by making people mess up against her or use nerfed or no attacks. Probably intuitively know how to use certain weaponry and skills. Maybe even have Forget-Me-Not's ability to a degree like in a dream-based nature and just infect others with an ability to not be able to interact with others physically and other means besides dreams or give others a sense of bad luck. Probably dream-based powers and manifest the different types of dreams into her psychic abilities. Maybe even intuitively know people she connects with as though she's been with them for years and thus easily achieve goals in getting access to things.

Heck, she could have hammerspace or create avatars or disguises to become and clone her mindset into since she's an assassin and empath. Probably even manifest legendary creatures or whatever depending on the region's mythology, people's perception of such lore, and what-not.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool if Kwannon lost the telekinesis, kept the to and gained the shadow abilities from the crimspon dawn that betsy had before

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool if Kwannon lost the telekinesis, kept the to and gained the shadow abilities from the crimspon dawn that betsy had before

I like this idea=)