• 114 results
Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) 5 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Which powers would you rather have Electrokinesis or Magnetokinesis? (77 votes)

Electrokinesis 40%
Magnetokinesis 61%

Electrokins: Static Shock, Electro, Black Lightning, Storm (I guess she's an electrokinetic)

Magnetokinetics: Magneto, Polaris, Joseph, Doctor Polaris, Misaka

Which ability is better?

#1 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not serious with this question/poll are you?

Dude, Electrokinesis IS Magnetokinesis. They are one in the same. I vote down for this thread

#2 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: Electrokinesis and Magnetokinesis are ALMOST the same. They are actually 2 separate forces. Why do you think their powers aren't the same

#3 Posted by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah controlling elctricity can allow ypu to control magnetic fields

#4 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh it’s like flying vs floating

#5 Posted by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: Electrokinesis and Magnetokinesis are ALMOST the same. They are actually 2 separate forces. Why do you think their powers aren't the same

WRONG! They are two sides of the same coin. Please go take a freshman level E&M class -- your ignorance is showing. And btw, Storm HAS electrokinetic abilities, which falls under Atmokinesis

#6 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: No, how about you take a “stop being an a**hole class” I said they are ALMOST the same okay.

#8 Posted by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

@warriorjohn: Magnetism is based around around being able to control the electeic currents between them. They arent the same exactly but if you can control electricity you could learn to control electric magnetic fields.

#9 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@warriorjohn said:

@kekoajohn: No, how about you take a “stop being an a**hole class” I said they are ALMOST the same okay.

Again, you're wrong. And btw, you ignorantly stated:

@kekoajohn: They are actually 2 separate forces. Why do you think their powers aren't the same

Regardless of how Magneto is portrayed differently from Storm inside the comics, PHYSICS IS STILL PHYSICS, and the laws of physics say you're wrong. Electricity and Magnetism are indistinguishable and cannot be separated or looked at differently. Electric current produces an Electromagnetic field and electromagnetism can also produce electric current. When a changing magnetic field is applied to a conductor, an electric field is produced. This is the reason why there is no longer an Electrical Fundamental Force and a Magnetic Fundamental Force; but an Electromagnetic one. Magnetism wouldn't exist without Electricity and vice-versa. I maybe an A-hole, but at least I'm not ignorant.

#10 Posted by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdchore: That dude is trolling, so be carefull. You should've saw his other post, it read: Storm cannot produce Electricity because she's not an Electrokinetic.

#11 Posted by ChaosKnight75 (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: Actually Misaka has both powers. Electromagnetism

#12 Posted by boschePG (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

magnetokinesis cuz I think it would be easier to pull off stunts with it. I think people would notice one shooting electricity. Not so much with magnetism

#14 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2422 posts) - - Show Bio

So does Magnetokinis mean I have control of the electromagnetic spectrum as well? If so I could control the electromagnetic spectrum and just ionize people with high intensity gamma rays.

#15 Posted by Zepta_Pon (1173 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetokinesis.

#16 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

magnetokinesis cuz I think it would be easier to pull off stunts with it. I think people would notice one shooting electricity. Not so much with magnetism

@emanresu_20 said:

So does Magnetokinis mean I have control of the electromagnetic spectrum as well? If so I could control the electromagnetic spectrum and just ionize people with high intensity gamma rays.

@zepta_pon said:

Magnetokinesis.

Omg, Electrokinesis IS Magnetokinesis PEOPLE. Like, hello! The only "difference" is they go by different names...smdh😑😒

You folks here who are choosing one from the other but don't realize it's actually THE SAME THING, has me in tears laughing hysterically 😂😂

Here's a question for you folks, which power you think is better Hydrokinesis or Aquakinesis? (Hint: both have only one thing in common and zero distinctions)

#18 Posted by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by SocaJunkie (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the characters presented, magnetism.

#22 Posted by ComicGirl21 (1048 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how all this guy was askin about was basically "what is better, shooting lightning like Thor or controlling metal like Magneto?" but instead of a clear answer he got a large thread devoted to elementary physics. CV in a nutshell

OT: magnetism is much better in every way. Though controlling lightning seems a better offensive weapon, if you'd have to choose a power for your real life scenario, everyone would choose magnetism. You can still pack a punch with it, I mean you can kill an army by tossing a coin, but you can also find countless practical applications for magnetism powers. You can fly, create forcefields, move most objects almost as if you'd know telekinesis, and so much more. What would you do with electricity in your every day life? Almost nothing. We DO have electricity in our everyday life. This power is almost useless unless you wanna zap someone, for which you'd most likely get a lethal injection.

#23 Posted by WhatamIseeing (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetokinesis its more practical in everyday life

#24 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdchore: Yes....I'm an electrical engineer. So I just found the comments -- that I responded too -- ridiculous (yours excluded)

If you know physics, you understand why. And my response to you wasn't meant to be a personal attack per se, but more like an indirect attack. I was using sarcasm as a way to mock WarriorJohn for the comments he made, especially the ones he made in the past, and used you as a scapegoat; hoping to trigger a response from him. Sorry for the confusion.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#25 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetokinesis.

#26 Posted by PyroFN (5626 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they mean ferrokinesis?

#28 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrofn said:

Did they mean ferrokinesis?

Nope. Unfortunately, he actually meant what he said Magnetokinesis i.e. Electrokinesis. Because according to him;

@warriorjohn said:

@kekoajohn: They are actually 2 separate forces. Why do you think their powers aren't the same

😂😂

#29 Posted by nerdchore (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: no its all good just hard to read sarcasm in text

#30 Posted by PyroFN (5626 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by last0fth3risen (370 posts) - - Show Bio

From the way characters use them magnetokinesis is much better. You have metal-bending, levitation, force-fields, astral projection, and potentially mind-control.

#32 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicgirl21 said:

I like how all this guy was askin about was basically "what is better, shooting lightning like Thor or controlling metal like Magneto?" but instead of a clear answer he got a large thread devoted to elementary physics. CV in a nutshell

Those weren't his exact words. His Question Reads: Which powers would you rather have Electrokinesis or Magnetokinesis? He basically thinks these are two separate power sets. Which he even stated to me

@warriorjohn said:

For which he needed to be corrected on. But who cares for physics right 😑😒

But if you want an answer from me, then here it is, Electrokinesis, Why Electrokinesis? For all the obvious reasons that you and everyone else here have stated.

#33 Posted by boschePG (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: Im taking it as the OP is asking do I want to be Electro/Static Shock powers or Magneto/Polaris

#34 Posted by RobertMiles1 (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose electrokinesis so I can electrocute everything that annoys me.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
#35 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetokinesis

#36 Edited by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio
@boschepg said:

@kekoajohn: Im taking it as the OP is asking do I want to be Electro/Static Shock powers or Magneto/Polaris

Then you're wrong. Please read what the title says. And then, compare that to what you think he said. The two questions aren't the same. If his question read -- do you want to be Electro/Static Shock powers or Magneto/Polaris - then that would've been the question😑😒

And it wouldn't make any difference who you choose, really. Let me put it to you this way, no matter what NAME you choose (Electrokinesis or Magnetokenesis) you're gonna end up with the SAME power. That's something you people here, including the OP don't realize.

Let me ask you a question, which power do you think is better Hydrokinesis or Aquakinesis? Let's see how long it will take you to figure out what's wrong with the question I asked. And if you answer the question right away without noticing that there is something wrong with it, then you don't understand at all

#37 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: wtf are you talking about? Aquakinesis and Hydrokinesis are the same smh

#38 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: wtf are you talking about? Aquakinesis and Hydrokinesis are the same smh

Just like Electrokinesis and Magnetokinesis are the same. Now do you see how ignorant you are?

@chaosknight75: Misaka is an Electrokinetic according to Kekoajohn

And I'm right. So?

#40 Posted by ChaosKnight75 (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

@warriorjohn: And also has power over magnetism. It’s part of her moveset and allows her to use techniques like Iron Sand

#41 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaosknight75: wouldn't magnetism then, fall under Electrokinesis according to Kekoajohn?

#42 Posted by Kekoajohn (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaosknight75: wouldn't magnetism then, fall under Electrokinesis according to Kekoajohn?

Are you intentionally being ignorant just for attention? First of all, it would seem rather redundant to include magnetism since magnetism i.e. ferromagnetism falls under the many abilities of Electrokinesis.

Please don't be redundant by including magnetism manipulation in the same sentence as Electrokinesis because as I said, electricity and magnetism are the same force.

#44 Posted by Warriorjohn (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@kekoajohn: I'm gone for a couple if months and you're still fighting?

#45 Edited by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wanted a excuse to bump this thread.

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
#46 Edited by DaLastUchihaMan (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetokenisis

#47 Posted by Alavanka (2168 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody needs to brush up on electromagnetism.

#48 Posted by JuzaCloud (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: wouldn't brushing up on electromagnetism cause friction?

#49 Posted by Batvibe12 (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetism. But why have that when you can have electromagnetism!

#50 Posted by Fabricolage (1792 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, there should be some indicator for powerset battle threads...imo.

I think magnetism is better and could counteract electricity and outside electrical attempts.