• 79 results
Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Poll Which one was worse? Spider-man 3 vs The Amazing Spider-man 2 (165 votes)

Spider-man 3 47%
The Amazing Spider-man 2 53%
 • 
Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Spider-Man 3 without a doubt, while both films had similar problems, TASM2 at least had likable protagonists and good acting.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spider Man 3 had emo dancing Peter Parker...

ASM2 had its weaknesses, but nothing that made me cringe like that

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
The one with that thing Tobey Maguire calls acting.
The one with that thing Tobey Maguire calls acting.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ASM2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SM3

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Amazing Spideman 2 >>> Spiderman 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Definitely The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's the Batman Forever of the Spider-Man franchise. The script was cringe-inducing and awful, and the plot was a giant mass. Spider-Man 3's plot was a little messy, but at least it had a cohesive plot. This video pretty much sums up my thoughts on Spider-Man 3.

Loading Video...

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Amazing Spider-man 2 wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad.

Obvious "Jimmie Rustler" is obvious.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Thor-Parker

Dude, making this kind of threads is like disrespecting people who like ASM2. While ASM2 is not a perfect film, many people consider it the best Spidey film (me included), go and check the threads where people ask which is the best Spider-Man movie, almost everybody answers Spider-Man 2 and ASM2. So making this thread is like asking, Which was worse, Batman Begins or Batman and Robin ?

ASM2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 3

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

ASM2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SM3

This. ASM2 wasn't perfect but it wasn't bad at all. SM3 was bad.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had it's weaknesses but was a very enjoyable film and felt like the closest comic adaption of a character to date (Andrew Garfield as Spidey for the win)

Spider-man 3.... Well Dancing Emo Parker and butchering Venom one of Spider-Mans most iconic if not the most iconic villain ever...Oh did I mention Dancing Emo Parker?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

ASM2 had issues, but it was still a good, enjoyable flick.

SM3 was...well, a train wreck.

And I say this as a big Spider-Fan, SM3 was the stuff of....I can't even come up with a metaphor good enough to describe how incredibad it was...that's a feat right there.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Definitely The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's the Batman Forever of the Spider-Man franchise. The script was cringe-inducing and awful, and the plot was a giant mass. Spider-Man 3's plot was a little messy, but at least it had a cohesive plot. This video pretty much sums up my thoughts on Spider-Man 3.

Loading Video...

This guy say Spiderman 3 is better that Rises and the Spiderman movie being as good as the Marvel Studios movies.

No, just no.

Its sound like another Sam Raimi Era Fan Boy.

The video is full of nostalgia, the reason many people let this movies behind its because they have aged faster that the X Men movies or even Blade Movies.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Fallschirmjager

SM3 was the worst film, no questions asked. There is nothing redeemable about that film whatsoever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

TASM 2 was worse

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

making this thread is like asking, Which was worse, Batman Begins or Batman and Robin ?

This

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By amazing_webhead
@arcus said:

This. Just...this

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Definitely my 2 least favorite of the 5 Spider-Man films. I guess I have to go with SM3 as my least favorite although I didn't think ASM2 was very good at all.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

@arcus said:

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Haven't seen ASM2. Hard to imagine it was worse then SM3 though.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SM3 was the worst film, no questions asked. There is nothing redeemable about that film whatsoever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Loading Video...

This guy say Spiderman 3 is better that Rises and the Spiderman movie being as good as the Marvel Studios movies.

No, just no.

Its sound like another Sam Raimi Era Fan Boy.

The video is full of nostalgia, the reason many people let this movies behind its because they have aged faster that the X Men movies or even Blade Movies.

Yeah, I disagree with you entirely. He gave reasons as to why he enjoys the original trilogy more than the TASM movies--not one of those reasons was nostalgia. Both TASM and TASM2 are entirely void of heart, creativity, and originality. And yes, the TASM franchise is closer to the comics in some ways, but that doesn't automatically make them good. That's like saying X-Men: The Last Stand is the best X-Men movie because it features the Danger Room and Storm leading the X-Men.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: Well if you like Spiderman 3 more that Rises is your taste, that dont change the end product of Rises is just superior to Spiderman 3.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man 3 is cheesy to the point where I actually enjoy watching it.

ASM 2 just plain sucked.

DanMercer32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with ASM2 as bad bad as emo Parker was in Spiderman 3 it at least had a saving grace with the Sandman story.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TASM 2 was cringe-inducing.

Electro was horrible lol

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 was not good imo, but not close at all to Spidey 3 levels

The sh!t hit the fan in Spidey3 as soon as they made Uncle Bens killer Sandman. The movie would be alright if they just made Sandman main villain, not Uncle Bens killer, no Emo/dancing Peter and left out Venom. Just have Peter discovering and dealing with the effects of the symbiote, while dealing with Harry and trying to track down Sandman, leaving Venom for the next film and they would've had something. Damn that movie pisses me off ?

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman 3 due to Tobey acting expressions

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 was trash.

The_Batmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 was cinematic diarrhea. SM3 had flaws but wasn't nearly as terrible.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 never seemed all that bad to me, it was just hopelessly forgettable. SM3 was just booty.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HighAccuser

ASM2

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, making this kind of threads is like disrespecting people who like ASM2. While ASM2 is not a perfect film, many people consider it the best Spidey film (me included), go and check the threads where people ask which is the best Spider-Man movie, almost everybody answers Spider-Man 2 and ASM2. So making this thread is like asking, Which was worse, Batman Begins or Batman and Robin ?

So much wisdom, handsome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was two seconds away from replying to a 2 year old post.

Anyway, I don't think TASM 2 is nearly half as bad as what people make it out. It'll always hold a spot in my heart for its vast CGI improvement over the former. In addition, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 boasts the superior antagonist. I really sympathized with Max because of the way he was treated, and a part of me kind of begged him to stand his ground. Something he ended up doing, which I couldn't blame him for.

The entire relationship saga between Peter and Gwen was a lot more matured than the emotional train-wreck that was seen in Raimi's film. And in my opinion, a lot more heartfelt.

Acting was on another tier entirely.

The only poorly spliced subplot was the whole unravelling Peter's father's work. It was a great idea. But felt forced.

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What i disliked about TASM2 was lousy fights and the love-drama , but still better than SM3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, I don't think TASM 2 is nearly half as bad as what people make it out. It'll always hold a spot in my heart for its vast CGI improvement over the former. In addition, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 boasts the superior antagonist. I really sympathized with Max because of the way he was treated, and a part of me kind of begged him to stand his ground. Something he ended up doing, which I couldn't blame him for.

The entire relationship saga between Peter and Gwen was a lot more matured than the emotional train-wreck that was seen in Raimi's film. And in my opinion, a lot more heartfelt.

The only poorly spliced subplot was the whole unravelling Peter's father's work. It was a great idea. But felt forced.

This about sums up why I think TASM 2 is pretty damn underrated. For what it was, it was a good film.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anysa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Anysa

ASM2 was an extremely cringe movie but wasn't as bad as SM3.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree so much with your post, good sir.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@thor_parker82 said:

No Caption Provided

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 > SM3

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

No Caption Provided

Lol, that´s me right now.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@thor_parker82: That is what I was going for. I'm ok if you like ASM2. I on the other hand hate that movie.

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By detacude

Lets just agree both movies sucked

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, ASM2 was the best Spider-man film. Spider-man 3 is a guilty pleasure of mine, but it's a lot worse than ASM2.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By jumpstart55
  • Amazing Spider-man 2 is by far the worse film and its not even close...I struggled to finish it...It was a truly godawful and shitty film...
  • Spider-man 3 may have been a low point in the Rami Trilogy but atleast it was watchable and entertaining...And it wasn't even that bad of film...It was ok at best and meh at worse....Spider-man 3 had its flaws but lets not kid ourselfs, Spider-man 3 was still a descent film nowhere near among the worse of the worse in the CBM genre...But the Amazing Spider-man 2 was completely terrible...It was so bad that Sony finally decided to unite with Marvel..lmao...In 15 long years after buying the rights to Spidey in 1999 and partnering up with Marvel in 2014.....Thats how terrible The Amazing Spider-man 2 is.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was far worse. At least Spider-Man 3 tried and succeeded in some places. Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a black hole of a film, and has by far the dumbest plot hole ever conceived.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but I don't see why Spider-Man 3 (Sam Raimi) should get all this hate. I actually liked emo Peter & Tobey Maguire was a very good Peter Parker...he acted in the way I thought suited Peter Parker well (Andrew Garfield didn't imo). Spider-Man 3 showed a vulnerability in Spidey since Mary Jane now knew that her boyfriend Peter was Spidey so now Peter had more things to worry about than before & both Venom and Sandman tag teaming to bring Peter down was awesome...Peter was so close to dying. Harry becoming a glider was a good twist...and Harry died too which was an emotional moment and a touching moment that played out well during the film. Sure Venom didn't have his characteristic long tongue and I was disappointed about that at first but now I don't care. Also the actor for Eddie Brock played him very well. Andrew Garfield just made Peter Parker talk too fast and be more trendy with his skateboarding stuff...that's not how I envisioned Peter Parker to be. I'll say it again, Tobey Maguire played Peter Parker in a better way imo. Also the fights between Spider-Man & Green Goblin, Electro, Rhino in AS2 weren't as good as I would've wanted them to be. AS2's Green Goblin physical appearance is pretty awful imo. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 1 had a better Norman Osborn Green Goblin. Also Rhino is a criminal in a machine in AS2...what's up with that? I'd have preferred Rhino to be a person in a suit which is how he's shown a lot of the time in the comics.

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 gets a solid 8/10 from me

Amazing Spider-Man 2 gets a 7/10 from me

ridd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 was worst Spiderman movie.

I personally liked Spiderman 3, so for me SM3>>>>>ASM2