Which of these marvel ladies should be the company's version of wonder woman?

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which of these marvel ladies should be the company's version of wonder woman? (24 votes)

Emma Frost (The White Queen) 8%
Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) 33%
Susan Storm (The Invisible Woman) 25%
Gamora 0%
Other. Please state in the comics. 33%

By company's version of wonder woman, I mean be it's premier female hero, and thus receive all the hype and backing such a position entails.

I know, some people think Carol Danvers fills this roll, but she's become a decisive character for some reason, so if possible which of these four would be a better fit?

• 
MoistChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black widow. Mostly because of the movies

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably sue or wanda. I'd prefer spectrum though

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheInsufferable

The only marvel lady I can recall at the moment who has had a memorable solo comic is She-Hulk, and I don't really see her assuming that role either. Honestly, any character you pick will feel forced at this point, because most of Marvel's important heroines are team characters without a lot of solo potential.

As for the four mentioned, Wanda is dull, and she wasn't even that important before MCU. The only notable story centered on her is House of M, which is not really a solo story. Gamora is interesting, but doesn't have all that much story or status to draw from. Sue and Emma have a rich history and are important characters, better options than the other two, but still, I don't consider them solo material, since they're very much defined by their teams, which is not necessarily a bad thing, I feel the same way about most X-Men and F4 characters. I don't really see a solo Mr. Fantastic or Cyclops story to be particularly intriguing either. Because X-Men and F4 were made as a team since their conception. It's part of what makes X-Men and F4 more interesting teams than JL and Avengers, which are just the most famous solo heroes of the two companies lumped together as a team.

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Storm

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think comicbook Marvel has a leading woman, it was mostly teams with women like Xmen, Gotg etc. Some hope it all goes super-feminist like a Female version of everything including CaptainAmerica and Batman but I think that's dumb. Scarlett Johansson Black Widow is probably the big name for MCU but I think Hollywood already hit its peak and the block buster era of cinema is over.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wanda is possibly going down a dark route in upcoming movies, Natasha Black Widow is dead and I doubt Yelena has the same popularity. Sue Storm-Richards and Gamora are strongly tied to their team identities. Emma Frost had the most potential from the list above, but I too would like to add my name to the list supporting Ororo/Storm. She doesn’t have a Dark Phoenix saga pending, so she can play the hero unencumbered by a malevolent storyline. Plus, she’s a goddess/princess which fits the Diana Prince parallel.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What Peguin ''English PhD'' Dust said.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm gonna toss Rogue out there.

Tunasubdrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She hulk should

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel tried to make Carol fill the role, which didn't work because they seemed to write Carol as unlikeable as possible. The most popular woman superheroes in Marvel are obviously all X-Men ones, but X-men sometimes feels pretty separate form the rest of Marvel so they don't work as lead women for the company, same with Gamora though she's not popular enough to occupy that space. I guess movies have kinda put Nat into the role

Basically there's nobody that fills it, mostly because the characters who are the core marvel characters in universe aren't the most popular marvel characters.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from the Invisible Woman, most of my picks would be X-Men characters I’m afraid.

Marvel doesn’t exactly push a singular female character, except for Black Widow and for a time Captain Marvel, which failed. Wanda only recently got success, so I say it’s too early to say what they will do with her. It depends on who they put on front and center with the Marvel merchandising.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nassergrant19

Wanda’s been on top for 3 years now and it’s kinda old. I’d say Spectrum for sure. She has a big big future. She’s just tapped into a fraction of her power and she’s gonna be a beast later on.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

On a metal level, which is fairly connected to a storytelling level in this instance, Marvel simply doesn't have a female character like that. They don't have a Superman either, really. Best you can equate is Spider-Man to Batman, but even that is stretching it. It's going to take a few more decades before the Avengers and/or the X-Men become the icons DC's Justice League is, and it's only more apparent with female super-heroes because Marvel had never placed any of them on the forefront before the late 90s - early 2000s.

In regards to Wonder Woman in particular, large part of her being a feminist symbol and a famous character with unique charm is the ancient greek mythos she is tied to. Marvel's invested more on norse mythology, with Thor, and I think these two characters are more comparable than Diana is to any female Marvel character because of this. The Wonder Woman character has something classically special to offer that her male peers and Marvel's Carol Danvers, Emma Frost, Jane Foster (whom they tried to make into a female version of Thor but pretty much failed) and all these ladies they're seemingly trying to promote don't have. Wanda and Natasha are good, popular character, but they were never going to be what Diana is because their core traits are not remotely that. On a strictly character level, the closest female equivalents Marvel has that I can think of are Sif or the Valkyrie, but they never actually made good -- or any real -- use of Thor's supporting environment, neither in the books nor in the films (the prose they're releasing currently is a good step forward), so it's a little too late for that. Basically, it's going to take time for them to undig, create and/or shape a female character that will compare.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO, Wonder Femoid doesnt get any support from DC and everything about her is an afterthought in spite of popularity. She has always reduced to Token female in the league. Infact DC pushes Harley Quinn aka Femoid Deadpool as premire character than Wonder Woman

LMAO at people thinking at any of these characters replacing Captain Femoid.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's storm easy.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a metal level, which is fairly connected to a storytelling level in this instance, Marvel simply doesn't have a female character like that. They don't have a Superman either, really. Best you can equate is Spider-Man to Batman, but even that is stretching it. It's going to take a few more decades before the Avengers and/or the X-Men become the icons DC's Justice League is, and it's only more apparent with female super-heroes because Marvel had never placed any of them on the forefront before the late 90s - early 2000s.

I mean, JL predates Avenger and X-Men by a mere three years (and only one year in the case of F4), and I know DC had JSA all the way back in 1940's, which was pretty similar to JL, but the whole team thing wasn't really a big deal before 1960's, and individual members aside, I'd say the Marvels teams are more iconic overall.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it should be Storm/Ororo

It could be Sue tho, she was MARVEL’s first powerhouse woman character if I’m not mistaken. But I just don’t think Sue commands the same level of respect/leadership as Ororo.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be Sue tho, she was MARVEL’s first powerhouse woman character if I’m not mistaken.

Well, she's the older character, but she wasn't particularly impressive in 60s and 70s. Her badassery was mainly established in early to mid 80's, at which point there were other powerhouse female characters.

As for Ororo, I would prefer it if they kept her tied with X-Men. I was never a big fan of her relationship with Black Panther, because they were two characters that were in no way related until Marvel figured "hey, they're our most important black heroes, so let's have them fall in love".

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zarda tho.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Out of the options given I'd says Wanda. But personally I think it should be storm

DemiurgeKaplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda definitely besides Sue she’s probably the most interesting character.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: damn, she looks identical to Diana in that art. looks amazing though

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6: @superprimetime: yeah it's an alternate reality version of power princess who joins a pastiche justice league. Forgot Wonder woman had an invisible jet, but this version of zarda has invisible weapons.

She could be like the Deadpool to Deathstroke if done well, by not limiting her to what she can and should do or accomplish and face great ventures. Like maybe space Gorgons or something. But I have doubts it would happen in an appealing way. At best, maybe one of the other company heroines could face her and have a defeating a darker version of yourself or Wonder woman type of thing.