Which of these is bigger internationally? Anime or K-Pop

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Which of these is bigger internationally? Anime or K-Pop (21 votes)

K-pop 14%
Anime 86%

Which of these has a stronger foothold in the western world in terms of popularity, influence, fan base and success?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anime industry is much bigger than Kpop overall but I'm not sure how much is in their countries of origin and how much is international.

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lan_Fan

K-Pop is currently hotter.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WhyZoSerious  Online

Anime. I think it's about time J-pop to overcome K-Pop. J-pop is actually a good music.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whyzoserious: Also more diverse, K-pop all sounds the same to me.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just did a social experiment, asked my friend what he thought of K-Pop, all he said was those fancams he keep seeing. I asked him what he thought of Anime, and he listed crazy animation, DBZ yelling, Jojo, Hentai Fanservice, weebs, and the occasional twitter trend.

Seems obvious IMO, anime is a lot more popular. K-Pop is a genre of music while Anime is a genre of entertainment, it's like asking what's more popular, Rock Music or Hollywood itself, the latter is likely to win in the end.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Lan_Fan

@faradaysloth: I remember my friend on Instagram whose follower's are 95% female JapaneseLiterature students making an Insta story about "K-Pop or Anime"... It was like 80% to 20% with K-Pop winning. That's crazy, I mean, we're talking about Japanese Literature students right here! I thought they were all weebs.

Idk about how it works outside of my country, but I can tell for sure that K-Pop is much more popular than anime among female Indonesians... Being one of them and all. I personally prefer anime myself though.

TobyMaguire2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TobyMaguire2

Lol, K pop is more popular. Most of you guys are virgins living in mothers basement and your friend is going to be virgin or neckbeard who likes Anime. K Pop has become more mainstream even in West( BTS) especially after Gagnam Style went Viral plus K pop hugely popular and mainstream in Asian countries.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@faradaysloth: I remember my friend on Instagram whose follower's are 95% female JapaneseLiterature students making an Insta story about "K-Pop or Anime"... It was like 80% to 20% with K-Pop winning. That's crazy, I mean, we're talking about Japanese Literature students right here! I thought they were all weebs.

Idk about how it works outside of my country, but I can tell for sure that K-Pop is much more popular than anime among female Indonesians... Being one of them and all. I personally prefer anime myself though.

Yeah here in America, outside of teenage and young adult females, K-Pop is more viewed as a, well, annoyance or meme type, but that's where I live.