Which movie looked better visually? Avengers: IW or BvS: DoJ?

• 159 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b73626a92d41
deactivated-5b73626a92d41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which movie looked better visually? Avengers: IW or BvS: DoJ? (178 votes)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 37%
Avengers: Infinity War 63%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• 
g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

BVS, the VFX were insane.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ANTHP2000  Online

BvS had the best looking CBM battle ever, and one of the best looking CBM street level battles ever. IW is an infinitely (lol) better film, but visuals go to BvS.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BVS

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BVS was a painting come to life and it didn’t even need to go other planets.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty hard decision

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS, the visuals were stunning

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BVS

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War in a landslide for me.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall I’d say BvS, but the work on Thanos is just stellar

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman. There were still bad moments with Infinity Wars CGI, Batman vs Superman on the other hand was stellar all throughout.

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman. There were still bad moments with Infinity Wars CGI, Batman vs Superman on the other hand was stellar all throughout.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS and it isn't close. Everyone shot looked like ut could be a painting

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity war

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deltahuman
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is what you call cinematography. This is literally an assault on the eyes.

Each and every shot here from Bvs can literally solo any cinematography from any MCU movie

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16 Magian  Online

Snyder sure knows how to make visually nice movies. Don't get me wrong, IW had some nice visuals as well but BvS has this one.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was gonna drop a cinegrid or two but someone beat me to it. There's not alot of directors that do visuals like Snyder does and you certainly won't find those rare individuals in the form of the Russos.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOJ in a stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BVS soloes

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder made some bad movies, but he did have some great visuals. This one is tough. IW had much more going on, but BvS was beautiful. I can’t decide.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle

Snyder may not be the best writer but he is a master cinematographer. Every Marvel film feels like it's a step above a TV movie.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Snyder may not be the best writer but he is a master cinematographer. Every Marvel film feels like it's a step above a TV movie.

The cinematography in marvel is vastly superior to DC's - every fight scene in JL and BvS amounts to "punching really hard."

Marvel at least tries to balance the power scale and make the fights believable.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@cattlebattle said:

The cinematography in marvel is vastly superior to DC's - every fight scene in JL and BvS amounts to "punching really hard."

Marvel at least tries to balance the power scale and make the fights believable.

Which is why Marvel fights feel so weightless.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:

To each their own, but Marvel is undoubtedly better at pure cinematography. It's why the Cap Vs Iron Man scene was much more believable and authentic than Batman vs superman, which verged on the realm of silliness.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Cinematography in BvS was better.

The Visuals in IW where better.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:

To each their own, but Marvel is undoubtedly better at pure cinematography. It's why the Cap Vs Iron Man scene was much more believable and authentic than Batman vs superman, which verged on the realm of silliness.

I disagree, because despite there being so many Marvel movies they have hardly any 'moments' that truly stand out for their appearance alone while the DCEU, especially Snyder's movies, tend to roll from one gorgeous shot to the next. Snyder manages to capture the grandness of superheroes, Marvel tends to bring us right down to Earth and remind us it's just people in suits.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:

There is a lot more to cinematography than "muh fight scenes".

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War and it isnt close

DC fans just like massive explosions and sonic boom punches, they're basically drooling closet Michael Bay fans

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: please take a look at @deltahuman post. It’s more than just explosions buddy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: Here is the definition of cinematography.

the art of photography and camerawork in film-making.

Deltahuman did a detailed post about it, I'd love to see you top it with Infinity War scenes. I'll wait.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman V Superman

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao don’t insult IW by comparing it to a vastly inferior movie in every aspect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do these guys actually know what cinematography is?

OT: BvS no contest and it took place entirely on earth

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS had better looking visuals.

Infinity war had more realistic looking visuals.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers: Infinity War was a vastly superior movie in every aspect except visuals. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice had amazing visuals.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zepta_Pon

BvS by light years.

And Infinity War is not superior in every other way to BvS. BvS don't hold a candle to how much asinine Infinity War is, not even close.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gracetrack

BvS. In my opinion, it's no contest. It's also a much better movie in general.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity war and awesome visuals but BvS was like a painting the visuals and colors were striking and fantastic

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW easily

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough decision for me tbh.

IW had some insane VFX but BvS looked like a painting.

But it'd say BvS was better visually.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Infinity War was more comic book come to life but BVS looked wayyyy more realistic theres some pretty obvious CGI in Infinity War Doomsdays design may have been crap but boy did he look real

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By theacidskull

@cattlebattle said:
@theacidskull said:
@outside_85 said:
@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:

Oh I agree, but Marvel's ability to use visuals in order to convey a certain story is overall much better. The difference is that Marvel's visuals exist to enrich the story, where as with DC it almost feels the opposite.

I'm not trying to push a Marvel vs Dc thing here I'm just saying that there is a reason Marvel succeeds where DC fails. Justice League and the first avengers particularly mirror each other, but one succeeded whereas the other become barely passable.

I disagree, because despite there being so many Marvel movies they have hardly any 'moments' that truly stand out for their appearance alone while the DCEU, especially Snyder's movies, tend to roll from one gorgeous shot to the next. Snyder manages to capture the grandness of superheroes, Marvel tends to bring us right down to Earth and remind us it's just people in suits.

Having "just a cool shot" falls really flat when the story can't support it. Zack snyder has a tendency to build up cool moments, sure, but the heroes lack any form of character development or sense of style to really accompany these moments. I will say that Wonder Woman was the only movie to actually break this mold, but BvS and JL didn't really have anything memorable for me. Despite being huge movies with significantly large budgets, they were extremely bland iMO.

Marvel on the other hand I think has plenty of iconic moments, hell I can name plenty if you'd like.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
@theacidskull said:
@outside_85 said:
@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:

Oh I agree, but Marvel's ability to use visuals in order to convey a certain story is overall much better. The difference is that Marvel's visuals exist to enrich the story, where as with DC it almost feels the opposite.

I'm not trying to push a Marvel vs Dc thing here I'm just saying that there is a reason Marvel succeeds where DC fails. Justice League and the first avengers mirror each other a lot, but one succeeds where the other is passable.

Mmm... no, the strength of the MCU lies more on the actors being able to convey the personalities of the characters they play, they are more personal that way. Like we get to know Tony Stark as a human being, as opposed to simply feel like we observe Clark Kent. The cinematography is not Marvel's strength here.

Marvel succeeds more because they decided to aim their movies at as many people as possible as be what the majority of the audience's expects of a comicbook superhero movie. They have bright colors, they have humor, a little tragedy to motivate, they have some bad guy we dont have to think too hard about, some fights and explosions. There is nothing offensive or challenging about what they do, it's just two hours of harmless entertainment.
DC... well they haven't exactly failed have they? Aside JL all of their movies have made money, just not as much money as Marvel, likely because they aren't really kid-friendly and definitely because they decided not to be what people expected.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like some people have pointed out, Snyder usually doesn't make best storylines, but his visuals and cinematography are superb (one of the best). He has this one for sure.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:
@theacidskull said:
@outside_85 said:
@theacidskull said:
@cattlebattle said:

I'm not trying to push a Marvel vs Dc thing here I'm just saying that there is a reason Marvel succeeds where DC fails. Justice League and the first avengers mirror each other a lot, but one succeeds where the other is passable.

Mmm... no, the strength of the MCU lies more on the actors being able to convey the personalities of the characters they play, they are more personal that way. Like we get to know Tony Stark as a human being, as opposed to simply feel like we observe Clark Kent. The cinematography is not Marvel's strength here.

Marvel succeeds more because they decided to aim their movies at as many people as possible as be what the majority of the audience's expects of a comicbook superhero movie. They have bright colors, they have humor, a little tragedy to motivate, they have some bad guy we dont have to think too hard about, some fights and explosions. There is nothing offensive or challenging about what they do, it's just two hours of harmless entertainment.

DC... well they haven't exactly failed have they? Aside JL all of their movies have made money, just not as much money as Marvel, likely because they aren't really kid-friendly and definitely because they decided not to be what people expected.

Failed I mean in terms of no being able to measure up to Marvel, both in the box office and in terms of popularity. But for cinematography I mean moments like when Tony stark learns Bucky was mind controlled into killing his parents. The camera work here is great, as the video begins, the camera cuts between tony Stark, Captain America, and Bucky. Tony seems mortified, Cap seems upset but not surprised, like he knows something, which is why he is looking AT stark the whole time, not at the video, and Bucky can't seem to look up from his feet, signifying that he feels guilty about something.

Then, as Stark watches his father die, we hear a woman from the video feeble say "Howard?"

Stark looks up from the video and glares menacingly at Bucky as he slowly comes into focus, signifying his horrible realization that it was Bucky who murdered his mother.

All of this is part of cinematography, it's made better with a proper story and personality.

We have another iconic scene where the avengers finally assemble, with Hulk finally coming into the fold with his "I'm always angry line" as the camera circles around the avengers as they pose for battle. Every avengers movie has plenty of examples of great cinematography, especially with how well the characters interact with each other during battle. I don't mean the witty banter, I mean how for instance Doctor Strange creates portals for spider-man so he can jump around thanos, how Hulk plunges a shrapnel into a Leviathans head as thor nails it with his hammer, how Bucky and captain America give Iron man the beatdown, how captain America create a laser-shield combo move.

They play off each other, and that's why these moments are iconic. With DC, you may have superman strike a Jesus pose in man of steel, or have the huge flashback sequence when Stephen wolf fights the greek gods and such, but these moments feel like INDIVIDUAL moments as opposed to being a part of a larger whole.

I suppose I should make my argument clear - I'm not saying DC has bad cinematography, but I think Marvel is better for the very strengths you specified.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bvs should be compared to Charlie Chaplin's movies visuals, not IW.