Which movie do you think will be better?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which movie do you think will be better? (52 votes)

Marvel's Captain Marvel 40%
DC's Captain Marvel (SHAZAM) 60%
 • 
Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Blackdog2009
No Caption Provided

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I suspect Captain Marvel to be another cut & paste MCU puzzle piece. Not bad, not groundbreaking, just good.

Really not sure what to expect from SHAZAM at this point. Seems to be a action comedy. Possibly Warners closest thing to an MCU-esq cbm. Tbh, I still can’t believe this thing actually happened

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Captain Marvel to be good, but every single trailer and promo has turned me off. Everytime she says "Higher, further, faster..." I cringe.

On the other hand, Shazam looks pretty fun. If nothing else I think I'll have some good laughs.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Captain Marvel to be better, but I expect Shazam to be better

X

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing Captain Marvel os going to be your generic Marvel movie. Good, but not amazing. Doesn't look like they're taking any risks or going away from their usual formula.

Shazam looks different, but risky. It'll either be gold, or dirt, I think. Considering Marvel's success and the massive letdown that is Aquaman, I'm putting my money on Captain Marvel, although, I suspect I'll enjoy Shazam more if the movie is anything like the trailers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Captain Marvel to be good, but every single trailer and promo has turned me off. Everytime she says "Higher, further, faster..." I cringe.

On the other hand, Shazam looks pretty fun. If nothing else I think I'll have some good laughs.

It reminds me of her recent re branding /push comic wise. All the marketing/covers were basically "Look at how strong and cool she is!" "She's the leader we need". It's trying to hard.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

It reminds me of her recent re branding /push comic wise. All the marketing/covers were basically "Look at how strong and cool she is!" "She's the leader we need". It's trying to hard.

Exactly. This is nothing but pure cringe. I really hope that somehow these lines end up working in the full context of the movie, but I doubt it.

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU. Shazam looks goofy and cheap

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rem

Shazam will be better but Captain Marvel will make a lot more money. CM is very well marketed while shazam really isn’t.

Arc_Conductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: INB4 "Captain Marvel was overrated" if it ends up being well received. Well received beyond the mandatory B- median for all MCU movies I mean.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Captain Marvel imo. Shazam looks kinda silly to me, and in general I trust the MCU more than the DCEU/WODC.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogzee: well shazam is well....... a little kid

Dogzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Both

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I expect them to be the same quality-wise.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I think both of them will be around the same level. The hype for them isn't big, the trailers we have seen have been mediocre and for both movies I don't have high hopes. However, Captain Marvel will surely make much more at the box office than Shazam, while Shazam might actually be a notch better.

Who knows tbh. We have to wait and see for ourselves.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain will make more money

And DC one will be better

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel looks way better atm, lets wait for second Shazam trailer (first one was pretty bland imo)

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Captain Marvel, simply because it's a Marvel movie and they have a far better track record. However, both of the movies got great reactions after their test screenings, so I think they both could be very good!

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26 krisbishop  Moderator

Shazam, honestly.

Captain Marvel just looks like another typical MCU film with a chance of it being stuffed with SJW agenda.

Shazam on the other hand looks to be something different and unique.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Original Captain Marvel. Shazam. People only care about the SJW counterpart to learn about the skrulls and how Nick Fury lost his eye.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam, honestly.

Captain Marvel just looks like another typical MCU film with a chance of it being stuffed with SJW agenda.

Shazam on the other hand looks to be something different and unique.

+

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam will probably be the better movie but Captain Marvel will be more successful.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mirror my feelings quite well. When I first heard of Captain Marvel, I was hyped. But every release of information about it that has come out since seems to make me more and more worried about it's quality. I hope we are wrong, but we'll see. It should have been a slam dunk, what were they thinking?

Shazam looks like a great FUN adventure/superhero/comedy sort of thing, which I am totally down with. I don't need them to be some deep learning experience each time, I want to see a fun movie where I can sit back and relax, so I have high hopes at this point given the trailers, they can at least deliver me that. Plus aquaman wasn't really bad, so even more hopes now.