• 53 results
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Which movie do you prefer: Deadpool or Doctor Strange (86 votes)

Deadpool 62%
Doctor Strange 38%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which movie do you prefer?

• 
TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were HORRIBLE for me, but I deadpool was the movie that I said "I've never seen anything as bad before" when it ended. Dr strange I just thought "bah don't get the hype"

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Batman Strange Man

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally vote Doctor Strange. Deadpool was a remarkable cinema experience, but I'm an MCU fanboy at heart, heh.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Yassassin

Deadpool, not even remotely close. Honestly, after reading some Doctor Strange, I actually like the movie even less.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Deadpool was refreshing.

Magic (sorry, "mystic") Iron Man wasn't anything new.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Deadpool.

Strange was perfectly average.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool movie (and I hate comic-book Deadpool with a passion) was way better than boring Doctor Strange movie (ironically one of my favorite comic-book characters)

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two of the most overrated movies of last year. Deadpool was better though.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool. Strange was the definition of average.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Doc Strange, but going 'Pool here. Great laughs, badass action, had heart, Thanksgiving sex scene with Morena Baccarin right in the mash potatoes....I mean..What more could you want?!

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Doc Strange, but going 'Pool here. Great laughs, badass action, had heart, Thanksgiving sex scene with Morena Baccarin right in the mash potatoes....I mean..What more could you want?!

Deadpool still holds a special place in my heart and I can't believe it got made, but I still wish it was more... risky?

It was essentially a boring origin story with dick jokes and R-rated violence. Don't get me wrong, it's still a solid, enjoyable movie, but I wish the story was more interesting.

Good movie, but falls short of being truly superb.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange was enjoyable.

Deadpool was terrible.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Jgames

Deadpool was something new, and was a overall great comedy action movie with decent love story in the mix.

Dr.Strange was Iron Man with magic, cool looking, but have all the generic stuff we hate from marvel and all the stuff we loved, but overall you just thinking seriously a other copy and paste, come on marvel. I mean is still entertaining, which only piss me off more because they can keep copy and pasting movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say Strange. Deadpool was funny, but that's all it was, and most of the jokes were one-hit wonders. I've never gotten the urge to watch it more than the one time I did, and I'm only mildly interested in Deadpool 2.

Strange did a lot more to get me interested in its story and characters, the setpieces were inventive and looked awesome, and I'm eagerly awaiting seeing Strange again in Ragnarok. Sure, the overall plot is pretty standard, but the details elevate the experience. And it gets bonus points for having a smart climax rather than a big punch-out.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both but I'll give a slight edge to Doctor Strange. Yes, you can make plenty of comparisons to Iron Man but I liked Strange's character's arc throughout the story and the world they set up, not to mention the way he defeated the main villain was pretty unique in comparison to a lot of other superhero movies.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

i found Strange too formulaic and kinda boring. Visuals are good though

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool

Rusti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very different movies but probably Deadpool. I found the Dr Strange plot was rather bad.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By jumpstart55
  • They were both good..
  • But i enjoyed Deadpool way more mainly becuase of the subversive comedy and funny deconstruction of the whole Superhero genre...Deadpool sorta completely changed the entire game on R-Rated Superhero films(We probably wouldn't have got Logan if Deadpool fails)....Trust me were going to see the reverberations from the impact Deadpool caused for years to come..Most likely for the betterment of the CBM genre.
  • Whereas Doctor Strange was a bit formulaic and very by the books plain in comparison...Its almost like comparing a piece of ordnary slightly buttered toast to tasty french toast goodness..lol
  • Plus this scene solos...I cry tears of pure laughter every time i see it..lmfao..That your face is haunting and you will die alone part gets me every time..lol
Loading Video...

tjd2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tinyford: what was it that made you not like them that much? Not trying to start an arguement just curious

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Doctor Strange

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool was actually way better.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool by a long shot.

Doctor Strange was simply ok, made decent by the amazing visuals. The main character was a poor man's Iron Man and the overall plot was jibberish. Deadpool was a very enjoyable little gross out comedy slash superhero film.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tinyford said:

Both were HORRIBLE for me...

There is something wierd with your taste. You know, Bizarro-level wierd.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Dr Strange quite a bit (which surprised me some, honestly), but Deadpool was exciting, dramatic, AND made me laugh when I shouldn't have.

I picked Ryan Reynolds. :)

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed them both about equally, but I give the edge to Doctor Strange. Deadpool's sophomoric humor wears a bit thin the second time through. Rewatching Stephen Strange's journey was still entertaining. Since I value movies that continue to hold my interest through multiple viewings higher, Dr. Strange gets my vote.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way prefer the character of Strange, but Deadpool no contest.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

They have the same character arc. Thankfully the movies are different otherwise.

Iron Man's villain wants what the hero has while Strange's villain basically has what the hero wants.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange coz those fx

tphilx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange was a good MCU entry film, but Deadpool changed the game for rated R superhero films.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@kgb725 said:

@jgames: @Pokeysteve: Those iron man comparisons are only.skin deep

Even then Dr. Strange still have all the common marvel flaws like horrible villain unmemorable side characters and generic asshole turn superhero that is seen many times. Granted Deadpool is a generic revenge story, but it still feels fresh. I mean both are great movies, but Deadpool is not only a fun movie, but is good at what it does, while Dr.Strange makes me want to see Ant-Man or Iron man.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: Sure if you want to forget that Strange was becoming more and more selfless as the movie went on. All Tony did was stop war profiteering he never changed until the first Avengers movie

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved both. Deadpool was less formulaic, really refreshed my faith in CBMs, but Strange was a character I liked going into the cinema and I enjoyed the special effects, Cumberbatch and the pacing. It's a toss up.

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
johnpeterbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange. When I heard about Deadpool I expected way more, it wasn't a bad movie, but it was like... meh. Strange was exactly what I was expecting, I don't know which one I liked the most, but Strange is the one that didn't disappointed me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ghost World

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@Pokeysteve: Sure if you want to forget that Strange was becoming more and more selfless as the movie went on. All Tony did was stop war profiteering he never changed until the first Avengers movie

Tony didn't face anything world ending until the first Avengers movie. Strange needed to get involved or life all around was over. The reason he was able to stop Dormy was because of his selfishness. Learning all he could and breaking rules along the way.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: @tjd2814: well the general lack of storyline in deadpool really for me. It felt like they were so busy trying to push the limits with how badly do we want this R-rating and how much will we do for it that they cared more about the age rating than the fans rating for story. Also the 4th wall breaks just felt so Dora The Explora for me personally, it wasn't done in a way that was extraordinary and people really liked the 4th wall breaks.

Dr. Strange on the other hand had incredible CGI and not too bad of a storyline, but it tried so hard to fit the genre of the current marvel movies that it lost the power of the superhero film it could be. They tried to get a bunch of cheap laughs that I felt would work on 5 year olds who went to go see it with their parents (like the asian not laughing and then laughing at the end, the reactions of rachel macadams when there was an outer body fight for the laughs and not for the extreme coolness of strange for exaple).

Personally I felt I had more bad to say about those two specifically than I ever had about any other 21st centuary superhero film.

Marvel was good once, but Ant-man made them think "let's be funnier". Deadpool made them think "let's be funnier and grosser" and that is the current pace where they are going, trying to make movies centered around this instead of centering it around a brilliant storyline (like they always did)

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange. Deadpool annoys the shit out of me.

Huir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool gets my vote.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both where AWESOME [yes, even Deadpool...], but I still prefer Doctor Strange

TrustNoOne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool didn't change a damn thing about the Superhero genre, it was basically Kick-Ass with a siller retarded hero.

Doc Strange had magic, you can't go wrong with magic.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: Why should that matter how big the threat was ? Also strange was breaking rules then found out about Dormammu

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5af85f4e3dbf7
deactivated-5af85f4e3dbf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc Strange.

Deadpool felt overrated when I saw it a second time.