Which movie are you more excited for: Aquaman 2, or the first Benioff and Weiss Star Wars movie?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which movie are you more excited for: Aquaman 2, or the first Benioff and Weiss Star Wars movie? (45 votes)

Aquaman 2 62%
Benioff and Weiss's 1st Star Wars movie 27%
Results 11%
 • 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im just curious about the beinoff and weiss star wars movie really. If the Aquaman sequel is standalone like the first then Star Wars but if it connects to the outer dceu more then Aquaman.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: What'll really get me most excited for the B&W Star Wars movie is if the rumors of it being based on the Old Republic are true.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it’ll change once we know more about the new Star Wars movie, but for now it’s Aquaman 2

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im just curious about the beinoff and weiss star wars movie really. If the Aquaman sequel is standalone like the first then Star Wars but if it connects to the outer dceu more then Aquaman.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman 2

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman is a Namor ripoff so I'll go with the Star Wars option. Give Namor a goddamn decent movie!!!

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Since I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones and have no idea what these two creators plan to do with Star Wars, I have to say Aquaman 2. If it’s more of Aquaman 1 I’d be okay with that.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Godzilla vs KK

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so sad to watch Star Wars and Game of Thrones sink

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman 2 because I think it'll actually be good.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now, Aquaman 2. I know next to nothing about what’s planned for STAR WARS after Episode IX.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JimJaspers20675

Well they ultimately messed up Season 8, so far it's been awful. The battle of winter fell wasn't even the best battle filmed in got that goes to BOB. Don't trust them doing Star Wars. And the way they end the Night king? Pathetic, he's meant to be this invincible invulnerable villain that's been recking shit up for 5-6 seasons, and for god's sake he laughed off dragon fire, but no he gets shanked by a character who's plot protection is worse than Jon snow. sorry for ranting.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

Lol as soon as the show ran out of books to adapt the show went to absolute trash under Benioff and Weiss's writing, so it's quite clear they were only hired to adapt the books and have no true skill in writing their own stories.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where is the neither option

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@reaperthegrim: I disagree. I loved Season 6 and liked Season 7 well enough. And honestly, I don't think the first half of Season 8 was so bad either, only the second half.

Aquamn 100x. It shouldn't even be compared to the other two.

Meh, I disagree. Aquaman was OK, but it was no Shazam or Wonder Woman, not even Thor: Ragnarok. And I do like Star Wars. I'd be up for another good SW movie.

I honestly say Star Wars. I think people are being too hard on Benioff and Weiss. Even if you don't like Season 8 of GoT, that doesn't prove they're terrible at everything they write. Mucking up one thing doesn't mean one can't write literally anything well. For all we know they might be better suited to Star Wars than to Thrones.

To give an alternate example, Simon Kinberg's name has been attached to some very good Superhero movie screenplays, and some weaker ones. So I don't think we should assume the new SW films will be trash just because Benioff and Weiss have been doing a shoddy job with Season 8 of Game of Thrones. Especially when, honestly, the first seven seasons were overall pretty good aside from some missteps here and there.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

am 2

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@undefined: Benioff and Weiss needed GRRM's novels to make good GOT episodes.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

@shroudofsorrow: If you enjoy D n D's own ending to game of thrones then that's perfectly fine, but it's undeniable that any critical assessment of the plot shows thats its become garbage and the writers are only aiming for the twitter audience by providing fanservice and out of nowhere shock moments instead of a well written medieval political drama.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheVVitchKing

Naither really

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if it's really old republic stuff then star wars 100 million percent

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#26  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@reaperthegrim said:

@shroudofsorrow: If you enjoy D n D's own ending to game of thrones then that's perfectly fine, but it's undeniable that any critical assessment of the plot shows thats its become garbage and the writers are only aiming for the twitter audience by providing fanservice and out of nowhere shock moments instead of a well written medieval political drama.

Except I don't think it's "undeniable" and I regard that as presumptuous and self-serving. I don't think it has become garbage at all, and simply saying "any critical assessment shows it to be" doesn't ring true to me at all. "Critical assessment" is not cynical nitpicking or a hatred of anything remotely triumphant or un-cynical.

Season 6 was great, Season 7 was good, and Season 8's first half was flawed but still watchable. You confuse emotionally satisfying moments with bad writing, which is not necessarily the case. Battle of the Bastards (an episode that definitely has a fan-service factor), was amazing, and one of the best episodes in the show's history, as it's critical acclaim makes clear. And honestly, the earlier seasons had their garbage and weak moments (the entire Dorne plot springs to mind, which was not fan-service at all).

So no, I don't think it's "undeniable that any critical assessment of the plot shows it to be garbage". I think the latest seasons (except the most recent), have all been fine. And if the overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics that Seasons 5, 6, and 7 all got is anything to go by, it seems that most people agree with me. Unless, of course, you regard "critical assessments" to be only your own appraisal or those by people who agree with you. But there are other valid critical assessments besides your own.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blackdog2009
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Emperorb777

Aquaman because Star Wars as a brand is damaged for me.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars by a long shot.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: critics assessments are discarded as they have done nothing but follow the popular opinion for years now, and no season 8 is filled with nothing but poor quality writing and that's a fact, all the characters are acting like idiots and act like completely different people, the plot line lacks any nuance of the earlier seasons and is only held together by terrible writing, you do realize one of the main writers even admitted Danaerys just forgot her main enemies even existed until they killed her dragon and she realized they were standing right in her line of view, and it seems almost 600,000 people agree with mebased on this https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers , face it the writers target audience is now the lowest common denominator and itseems that's you, people who'll just swallow trash writing and say well at least it's better than other stuff on TV, also battle of the bastards wasn't the best episode in the series at all they just hired a competant director and mad it a visual spectical, the actual plot and characters in that episode were still bad.

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD are hack writers

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killbilly  Moderator

Aquaman because Star Wars as a brand is damaged for me.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars. I'm genuinely curious if these two hacks are capable of sinking this franchise even more.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lol as soon as the show ran out of books to adapt the show went to absolute trash under Benioff and Weiss's writing, so it's quite clear they were only hired to adapt the books and have no true skill in writing their own stories.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@thor_parker82: aquaman 2 indeed

however i am still curious about their star wars, much more than Rian Johnson

if they do adapt Knights of the Old Republic with the vast information in the game itself, characters, writing, locations, story, etc, they could do a good job

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ursaber: As long as they don't do the writing themselves and restrict to adapting, it could be good haha.