Which MCU fight was more comic accurate? Hulk vs. Hulkbuster or Hulk vs. Thanos

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rebake

Poll Which MCU fight was more comic accurate? Hulk vs. Hulkbuster or Hulk vs. Thanos (75 votes)

Hulk vs. Thanos 53%
Hulk vs. Hulkbuster 47%

Which fight was closest to how things would play out in the 616 Universe?

Bonus: state what should've happened in order for it to be next to completely accurate to the comics.

• 
godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Neither

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hulk vs. Thanos

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Thanos

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Thanos. Thanos fodderized him which is accurate

X

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Hulkbuster was pretty accurate if you ask me. The armor itself wasn't close to strong enough to resist Hulk's pressure in the end, he teared it apart. It slightly kept up with his pure strength with hydraulic power, but most of the offense was a gadget job. And it was still hopeless for Tony in a fair fight.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk was not accurate because Thanos does not use martial arts.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

Hulk vs. HB I guess. Tony used smarts and tech advantage as he should, while Thanos went into a strict physical engagement although he is supposed to have more than that:

No Caption Provided

Though, it's not unheard of, he also likes to brawl a lot.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WhyZoSerious

Hulk vs the Buster of course. Not that was very accurate, but Thanos vs Hulk wasn't accurate at all. The titan is not supposed to destroy the Hulk without single toy and only H2H. He is supposed to kick his arse, but not like this. Just no.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kalkent

Hulk vs the Buster of course. Not that was very accurate, but Thanos vs Hulk wasn't accurate at all. The titan is not supposed to destroy the Hulk without single toy and only H2H. He is supposed to kick his arse, but not like this. Just no.

Yes, he is, characters like a blood-lusted silver surfer are fodder to thanos, nevermind standard hulk, who is fodder to a blood-lusted surfer.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@whyzoserious said:

Yes, he is, characters like a blood-lusted silver surfer are fodder to thanos, nevermind standard hulk, who is fodder to a blood-lusted surfer.

Speculation. Show me or remind me the souce Thanos went toe to toe with the Hulk or SS without anything, I mean anything, only with the armor, the way he beat the Hulk in IW, because I don't remember such a thing. At the same time it's been stated billions of times that he doesn't want to go mano o mano with the Hulk and that is well known fact.

I'm not saying he hasn't beaten them in his basic version, I just don't remember coz I haven'tread these arcs for a very long time.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: but doesn't he know how to fight very well from many years of fighting experience?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither of them are accurate on those particular ways that were shown. Hulk was suppose to overpower Iron Man quite handily and Hulk already stomped Hulkbuster twice or thrice . Thanos has very good physical prowess but he uses them rarely due to his shields and energy manip . But he has shown a couple no of times of how much powerful he is with his fists.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I feel Thanos vs Hulk was bit more fair and accurate , given Thanos was already nerfed and Thanos would have eventually won in 616 but Hulk vs HB was quite depressive for Hulk standards.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk but also not entirely.

Thanos would beat Hulk in a fight every damn time, but Thanos wouldn't try to actually engage in H2H. He'd just beat him with his crazy HAX. But Thanos would still beat Hulk in H2H anyway but in a fight Thanos would probably never try too because it's rather unnecessary.

Unusedusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither of the scenes weren't very comic accurate but I'll give it to Hulk vs. Thanos since IW dealed with a Hulk who got tired of being a punching bag

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hulk Vs thanos although thanos is likely to use a lot more energy blasts in comics

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

Hulk vs Thanos. Thanos fodderized him which is accurate

X

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk.

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Thanos vs Hulk becase:

Thanos has slapped the Hulk away at least twice I can recall but the Hulk has never lost to the Hulk Buster Armors that I recall.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk since Hulkbuster has never, to my knowledge, ever beaten the Hulk under any fair or unfair circumstance.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Thanos was more accurate but Thanos doesn’t really fight like that in the comics

Avatar image for galanakagalactus1212
GalanAKAGalactus1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk said:

Hulk vs Hulkbuster was pretty accurate if you ask me. The armor itself wasn't close to strong enough to resist Hulk's pressure in the end, he teared it apart. It slightly kept up with his pure strength with hydraulic power, but most of the offense was a gadget job. And it was still hopeless for Tony in a fair fight.

That was the most laughably inaccurate fight in the MCU. You've clearly never read a Hulk comic in your life. In the comics Iron Man even realised how weak the Hulkbuster was because he had to build a second one while the MCU Hulkbuster is based on the crappy original. They made Hulk look weak because they are too afraid to have Tony lose because he was the face of the MCU even though the comics have shown us the Hulkbuster is nothing but an annoyance to most versions of the Hulk.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Hajduk

@galanakagalactus1212: Slow down, what you said doesn't make much sense. Hulkbuster is crappy because it's based on the original? Why wouldn't the first HB be based off the first HB in the comics? And Tony DID build a new Hulkbuster after that fight. The suit in IW is Veronica Mk II.

Also what about the fight made Hulk look weak? Was it when a skyscraper fell on his head and he was literally fine? Or when he created earthquakes escaping the containment unit? How about when he punched a spare HB a mile away and exploded Tony's backup thing? Great feats for live action.

ErentheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This Hulk would have killed Tony lol. And given Thanos a good fight

SirPounce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Hulkbuster. It's still the best high tier fight in the MCU. Which isn't saying a lot honestly.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uugieboogie

Thanos vs Hulk, except Hulk wouldn’t get scared after the beat down. He’d smile and come back for more.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This Hulk would have killed Tony lol. And given Thanos a good fight

Not.

IW tony and Thanos >>> Abomination

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killbilly  Moderator

I mean, the outcome to both was fine. I'd probably go Hulkbuster for the simple fact that it's usually not in character for Thanos to participate in a brawl with somebody like Hulk.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk, I don't think Hulkbuster has ever done well against Hulk in the comics.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk Vs hulk buster

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33 krisbishop  Moderator

@sy8000 said:

Thanos vs Hulk, I don't think Hulkbuster has ever done well against Hulk in the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erentheghoul:

That’s the weakest Hulk we have seen in a marvel film

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk was pretty weightless...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Thanos vs Hulk was pretty weightless...

In comics, Thanos >>> Hulk, anyway.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eri_Joni  Online

Thanos vs Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Hulkbuster

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By imsososorry

@erentheghoul: Are you serious, that's the weakest incarnation of hulk we have seen. Thanos would potentially 1 shot him and Tony would've had a much easier time dealing with Edward Norton's hulk than the one he did.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@the_hajduk said:

Also what about the fight made Hulk look weak? Was it when a skyscraper fell on his head and he was literally fine? Or when he created earthquakes escaping the containment unit? How about when he punched a spare HB a mile away and exploded Tony's backup thing? Great feats for live action.

Yeah i can´t understand either

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lmao, I've never seen Thanos stomping Hulk in a pure physical fight via martial art moves in the comic.

GalanAKAGalactus1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galanakagalactus1212: Slow down, what you said doesn't make much sense. Hulkbuster is crappy because it's based on the original? Why wouldn't the first HB be based off the first HB in the comics? And Tony DID build a new Hulkbuster after that fight. The suit in IW is Veronica Mk II.

If you have to ask what make Hulk look weak then stick to Dragon Ball Z because you don't know a thing about the Hulk. The Hulkbuster is a joke compared to the Hulk and any real Marvel comic fan knows this. Hulk has humiliated that suit so many times that Tony had to scrap the suit and throw it in the trash for a new completely new Hulkbuster suit. The Age of Ultron version and all the MCU versions are based off of the original which you can tell blatantly by just looking at the design. So get your head out from Iron Man's leg because the Hulkbuster is highly overrated. As a Hulk fan(who still loves Iron Man) that fight was one of the most disrespectful pieces of crap to ever happen to Hulk in a movie so stop calling it "pretty accurate". The MCU movies have ruined the Hulk so many mindless drones try and defend their crap just because Hulk ain't their favourite hero and they know nothing about the character.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^???

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were not very good representations on the big screen (as usual *sighs*) but I'll go with Darkseid copycat vs Gamma-infused Mr. Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs Hulk

Comic Thanos >> Comic Hulk.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with this. 616 Thanos skill has mostly been implied but he doesn't really have much skill feats other than his fight with Champion.

GalanAKAGalactus1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@the_hajduk said:

I agree with this. 616 Thanos skill has mostly been implied but he doesn't really have much skill feats other than his fight with Champion.

He trained Gamora. Thanos's martial arts abilities are common knowledge.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seriously speaking, neither.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of result the Thanos fight, enjoyed both.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously speaking, neither.