Which Marvel/DC character deserves their own game (without obvious examples)

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Which character from Marvel or DC deserves their own videogame? No obvious answers like Superman, Daredevil etc. Think of something original that would be a great game.

NeverNewAlways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

SHazam

NeverNewAlways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or Ghost Rider

Or Hulk

Or Cyclops

Or Joker(best)

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nevernewalways: I can see a Ghost Rider game being cool, Hulk can be awesome if they do it right, same goes for Shazam, but I don't see Cyclops carying his own game and Joker is a whole different story.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer could be pretty cool, it can be a exploration game like No man sky but with more action. It would require some nasty budget though.

Maybe a Moon Knight game bit of a combination of Arkham series and the Darkness.

Lobo sounds good with a world like Pandora from Borderlands, and Prototype styled gameplay.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CocaColaMan  Online

I think an Aquaman game could be really cool if given to the right people. It could reference a lot of "real issues" while also maintaining the great feeling of a Superhero.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NicolascageGOD  Online

Or Ghost Rider

Or Hulk

Or Cyclops

Or Joker(best)

Except Cyclops , I feel like all of them could actually turn out to be great games and joker maybe a decent one at best.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tomkatie  Online

Green Arrow imo

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord should get his own game. Could be like a GTA but he travels to several places across the galaxy, could make it one of those games with a campaign that has many different routes and options you can take to massively alter things. Like either be a fair worker who gains benefits by being loyal, or a wanted thief who gains benefits and access to a pirating part of the game. Potentially with an Ego planet where you can just superman around on like a giant sandbox/creative mode.

Constantine could use a horror mystery style of game, the player can see just how horrifying the supernatural can be. Everything comes at a price.

Now that Arrow is done, an Arrow game would be nice. Play like you'd expect.

A Hulk game, but it covers his World War/Skaar planet story

A game where you use Doomsday and have to survive and adapt through all the suffering that DD went through would make for a challenging game, and eventually you adapt enough to kill your creators and go off planet to take down new threats, like the green lanterns, and eventually Superman.

A Reverse Flash game would also be epic. Playing as future genius who tries to become a hero but is destined to fail and be a villain. You can play as a hero who fails, or embrace your villain side. You meet The Flash and can either team up or fight him, same with his rouges. You get to play as the middle man who can whatever he wants, but destiny isn't on your side. Overtime a lot of parts of the game allow you to go after Flash and make his life horrible. Do it too much and he will grow too much and you will need to train RF alot to even attempt to combat Flash. Time travel and speedster beings can be included as secret events within the game. RF gives more options that Flash since you can play as a villain which would be fresh.

Booster Gold would be a cool character to play a well done game based off of. Not sure what story and gameplay should be followed though. I can say the same for Ghost Rider.

A stealth based Mystique game could see some potential if done right.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kevd4wg  Online

Ghost Rider is actually a great idea, that could be really fun. Sorta like a Doom type game.

I think a Rocket & Groot game could be really fun, similar to Banjo Kazooie type games, but probably more combat focused with a heist type setting.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NicolascageGOD  Online

@kevd4wg: *DOOM with chains , bikes and hellfire abilities. Something like that could also work for spawn IMO.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CocaColaMan  Online

A Kid Flash learning to become the Flash game under the right people would be GOAT

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer could be pretty cool, it can be a exploration game like No man sky but with more action. It would require some nasty budget though.

Maybe a Moon Knight game bit of a combination of Arkham series and the Darkness.

Lobo sounds good with a world like Pandora from Borderlands, and Prototype styled gameplay.

A surfer game needs to be made really well if they want to make it a success. Moon Knight would be awesome if they make it an egyptic setting and throw in some Scarecrow-like levels from Arkham Asylum. I can see a Lobo game turning out like Assassins Creed.

I think an Aquaman game could be really cool if given to the right people. It could reference a lot of "real issues" while also maintaining the great feeling of a Superhero.

An undersea world would be awesome. Great idea.

@tomkatie said:

Green Arrow imo

I think his story has been told in the show already. I feel like he can't carry a game on his own, because gameplay and stroy wouldn't be very original.

Starlord should get his own game. Could be like a GTA but he travels to several places across the galaxy, could make it one of those games with a campaign that has many different routes and options you can take to massively alter things. Like either be a fair worker who gains benefits by being loyal, or a wanted thief who gains benefits and access to a pirating part of the game. Potentially with an Ego planet where you can just superman around on like a giant sandbox/creative mode.

Constantine could use a horror mystery style of game, the player can see just how horrifying the supernatural can be. Everything comes at a price.

Now that Arrow is done, an Arrow game would be nice. Play like you'd expect.

A Hulk game, but it covers his World War/Skaar planet story

A game where you use Doomsday and have to survive and adapt through all the suffering that DD went through would make for a challenging game, and eventually you adapt enough to kill your creators and go off planet to take down new threats, like the green lanterns, and eventually Superman.

A Reverse Flash game would also be epic. Playing as future genius who tries to become a hero but is destined to fail and be a villain. You can play as a hero who fails, or embrace your villain side. You meet The Flash and can either team up or fight him, same with his rouges. You get to play as the middle man who can whatever he wants, but destiny isn't on your side. Overtime a lot of parts of the game allow you to go after Flash and make his life horrible. Do it too much and he will grow too much and you will need to train RF alot to even attempt to combat Flash. Time travel and speedster beings can be included as secret events within the game. RF gives more options that Flash since you can play as a villain which would be fresh.

Booster Gold would be a cool character to play a well done game based off of. Not sure what story and gameplay should be followed though. I can say the same for Ghost Rider.

A stealth based Mystique game could see some potential if done right.

Star-lord would be awesome, but I'd rather have a full Guardians game. Constantine would be great, maybe a Dr Strange game would be cool too. I feel like the Sakaar story can be a DLC in a normal Hulk game, but I would play it. Doomsday and Reverse Flash can be cool but they need to make it really well if they want to pull it off. Booster Gold would be great. Time travel hasn't gotten a lot of love in games. Mystique can be cool if done right like you said.

@kevd4wg said:

Ghost Rider is actually a great idea, that could be really fun. Sorta like a Doom type game.

I think a Rocket & Groot game could be really fun, similar to Banjo Kazooie type games, but probably more combat focused with a heist type setting.

Like I said, I'd rather have a full Guardians game.

A Kid Flash learning to become the Flash game under the right people would be GOAT

True

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman GOW style

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Martian Manhunter game would be awesome.

indominus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

deathstroke first person shooter

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thor

Moon Knight- a horror supernatural style

Guardians

Titans- The good rooster, not the fab 5.

Andrelf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a game based on magical characters...either Strange, Fate or Constantine.

maybe Hellboy?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Grant Ward!

In all seriousness, I’d love a proper AAA Thor or Black Panther game.

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

Wonder Woman GOW style

I honestly feel like this has kind of games have been done too much

A Martian Manhunter game would be awesome.

Done by the right people it can become great, but he lacks a proper rogues gallery

deathstroke first person shooter

So basically Doom? Been done way too many times. I would rather have an Arkham styled game with him, battling all sorts of heroes.

@og_guts said:

Thor

Moon Knight- a horror supernatural style

Guardians

Titans- The good rooster, not the fab 5.

I hope that they do Thor justice in the upcoming Avengers game. I already talked about Moon Knight and Guardians. Titans can be good but they need to make it really well to make it work.

@andrelf7 said:

a game based on magical characters...either Strange, Fate or Constantine.

maybe Hellboy?

If done well this can be good, but in DC universe online magic powers sucked. Hellboy can be good, but I feel like it bring nothing original to the table.

Grant Ward!

In all seriousness, I’d love a proper AAA Thor or Black Panther game.

Tbh, I would actually buy a game where you can play as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Black Panther should be cool

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By heroesgold

Ghost Rider has had a game which was GOW inspired.

A S.h.i.e.l.d game with free roam and multiplayer would be cool.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bramvanelteren: not every game needs to be a game changer though, a WW game of that nature would just be fun to play.

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroesgold: I actually had to look that up. It doesn't have good graphics even for a 2007 game. I would rather have one which actually looks good.

@ready_4_madness:That's true, but I like games more if they aren't similar to other games

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Wolverine. He's lived for centuries, there are so many interesting stories you could have for a full game with him growing up and fighting through wars, learning martial arts, being a spy/assassin

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: I think that's because I said non-obvious in the title. Everyone thinks a Wolverine game would be cool.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kevd4wg  Online

@bramvanelteren: I don't think a Guardians game would be all that good actually. I could see gameplay for some of the Guardians, but I think a lot of the Guardians have far too complicated/weird powersets to be adapted and splitting into so many different types of characters, would definitely muddy the game. I would prefer a focus on like Rocket and Groot since I think in terms of playing around, they're the two most interesting Guardians to use with Rocket's Gear and Groot's power and they can fit within an interesting heist theme.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I would like an isometric CRPG Justice Society of America game similar to 2002’s Freedom Force.

I would green light a Black Widow game done in the style of the new Hitman games.

I think a work simulator game where you maintain Marvel or DC properties such as the X-Mansion, Baxter Building, Hall of Justice or the Watchtower would be a fresh game-type for the superhero genre. Maybe even add having to rebuild parts after a cut scene battle. One part House Flip, one part Moving Out, one part Good Job! Oh no, Hulk and Abomination were fighting in the library and study of Avengers Mansion. Time to clean up.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

Venom

...Sentry?

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Icon & Rocket

Supermab Adventures (superman from his childhood to eventual Justice League leader)

Shazam

Batman Beyond

X-Force

Adventures of Cable

X-Men the Rise of Phoenix

Watchmen

Flashpoint (a game on flashpoint even in DC)

Mad C.A.T.S

Adventures from the Speed Force (a game based on Jay Garrick , Wally , Wallace , Barry & other speedforce users)

Deadshot

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tomkatie said:

Green Arrow imo

I think his story has been told in the show already. I feel like he can't carry a game on his own, because gameplay and stroy wouldn't be very original.

What a joke! Oliver has more than the necessary to carry his own game, he is an A-lister Superhero who has a lot of story to fill that place!

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tomkatie  Online

@bramvanelteren: I’d argue Green Arrow still has a lot of story to tell. Arrow was only one interpretation (arguably much different from the comics), I still think there’s room to tell Ollie’s story in Star City. Plus, I really want Alan Tudyk to voice Oliver Queen again

Another idea could be a Midnighter and Apollo game?

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Silver Surfer.

Yeah I know there's that Surfer NES game but it ain't that good.

barretstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana Prince.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: @thehercules: Green Arrow has lots of story and potential to be unique. The sad reality is that a GA game would more than likely just be remade as Batman with a bow, rather than bring light to the options that GA could have on his own.

GA has so much potential that he could easily make for a solo game that he can carry. But, the more likely end we get is from a developer who decides to make a bow-style batman game. And at a basic level, a GA game will be likely to have a similar style to a Batman game, its likely not gonna end up GA enough to due the character proper.

But the thread is asking for a potentially awesome hero game, and with the proper direction and development team, a GA game can be wow worthy.

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gimme a decent Doctor Strange game, it's all I ask.

One where you could explore different dimensions, customize your gear with different magical artifacts, recruit or even play with other magic users like Scarlet Witch and Brother Voodoo, adapt some of his most memorable arcs and etc. I actually only bought Avengers: A-Day because of the future possibility to play as Strange.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@andromeda101: I feel like Supergiant Games could make a solid Roguelike game based on Doctor Strange. They could even do it in the style of Hades, where you get your powers from various Principalities instead of the Greek gods.

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Never heard of them, but their games seem to have an interesting art-style.

avengingknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By avengingknight

Hmm....

Constantine, Sandman, Lucifer = Visual Novel

Year One Green Arrow and Vertigo Unknown Soldier = Early Far Cry Games

Punisher = Spec Ops: The Line + Hotline Miami (minus Retrowave and speedy gameplay)

Rocket and Groot = Ratchet and Clank + Knack

Gamora = God of War in Space

Lord Deathstrike = Hitman + Dishonored

Cloak and Dagger = Degrees of Separation + Pode + inFAMOUS First Light

Jessica Jones = L.A. Noire + Deus Ex but combat and cyberpunk minimized

Doctor Strange = Rougelite + Dungeon Crawler Elements

Silver Surfer = "space exploration sim"

Ant-Man and Atom = Puzzle Platformer

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Rider

KGoulding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"THE FUNNY ADVENTURES OF DEADPOOL!" with Colossus as a sidekick character. Gameplay will be like GTAV. With a lot of gore like, A LOT!

With MCU Thanos as Final Boss, wherein you gotta disembowel him to complete the task, using the IG and a teaspoon.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Zetsu-San

@andromeda101 said:

@zetsu-san: Never heard of them, but their games seem to have an interesting art-style.

You should look into Hades, it's really cool.

Basically, the main character is trying to escape the Greek underworld. As he moves through the dungeons, he can accept powers from the various gods that are trying to help him escape. So like, Zeus can grant lightning magic, Poseidon can give water based abilities, Demeter gives ice, etc. Every time he dies, he re-spawns in Tartarus, but he loses all of the powers the gods have given him (so you can do a completely different build path each time you play).

I can definitely see a take on this concept using Doctor Strange as the basis. The game could revolve around him trying to escape the Dark Dimension. He could get help from various Principalities like the Vishanti or the Octessence (Or even Mephisto). Everytime he dies, time will loop and he's back at the beginning.

In otherwords.... "Dormammu, I have come to bargain! - The Game"

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil