Which looks more promising: The Batman or Wonder Woman 1984?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which looks more promising: The Batman or Wonder Woman 1984? (42 votes)

The Batman 71%
WW 1984 29%
 • 
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with The Batman because it has a better director, better actors, better cinematographer, better scorer and maybe even better comic book source materials.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of now, '84. That teaser for The Batman didn't do enough, I'm not sold on the cast yet (I am sold on Farrell as Penguin though), I haven't seen enough to determine if they're finally gonna improve on Bruce's on-screen combat, and some of the scenes look too dark -- like literally too dark. Like they needed better lighting lol. Plus, it's still in production. I'm looking forward to a proper trailer eventually though.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even interested in WW84. The new Batman looks like it could be one of the better Batman movies. I'll predict it might even end up being the second best by large consensus.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with The Batman because it has a better director, better actors, better cinematographer, better scorer and maybe even better comic book source materials.

Wait Better than Hans Zimmer?

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW; that Batman costume is so shitty imo.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not really excited for either of the two.

The Suicide Squad's more up my alley.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first ww84 trailer>>>>>anything we've heard about the batman tbh. Go check the trailer from 8 months ago and comeback.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Zimmer is scoring 1984??!!! Ok, I take that back, better everything EXCEPT scorer.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WW84 since we haven’t seen enough of the Batman for me to feel confident in the product. I have seen Jenkin’s previous WW and it’s among my all time favorite CBM’s. I can’t say I don’t have some concerns with the new trailer, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Most of what I am getting from the Batman trailer is its tone. That’s understandable since it’s still filming, but I need a bit more to choose the untested Reeves over Jenkins.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: No hope of topping TDK, eh?

That seems like an unrealistic expectation as of right now.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm hyped for both.

I just wish Superman had a movie so the Trinity could all have new releases.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hyped for both.

I just wish Superman had a movie so the Trinity could all have new releases.

This was the only thing that was missing in the first Fandome weekend. I think this all but confirms Cav-El and Warners are still “negotiating” I suppose. Having Superman movie news would’ve just made an already incredible streaming event even better. Guess we can’t have everything.

....anyways...

..I‘m really excited for both. They both look great, but I’m going to go with The Batman just for the simple fact that it looks like we’re getting a Batman detective movie in the style of David Fincher’s Se7en, which I’m 100% down for. I hope Reeves makes it work

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

@mazahs117: I really wish I could be a fly on the wall for these negotiations. They must REALLY be at an impasse if they still can't come to an agreement after all this time

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: I really wish I could be a fly on the wall for these negotiations. They must REALLY be at an impasse if they still can't come to an agreement after all this time

Yeah me too. I’m just speculating here, but something maybe up. Apparently Cav-El and Rock have the same agent/manager if I’m not mistake. Rock has been hyping up a showdown with Superman on screen for a good while now. Hell, iirc he even did it again during the Black Adam Fandome sneak peak thing. Rock has got so much stroke in Hollywood right now, he could get ME in a movie if he wanted. At this point I think it’s about timing really. If I’m a movie studio Like WB, just from a business standpoint, it makes zero sense to miss a big screen showdown of Rock and Cavill in a cbm. C’mon now, Warner’s would be drowning in money and hype ....just my theory tho 🤷‍♂️

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

@mazahs117: Yeah, it's a good theory, and to have Superman vs Adam and have Adam beat him cause of magic would be a good way to "change the power hierarchy" like The Rock said

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AbstractRaze

Wonder Woman 1984.

I'm still not convinced about Zoe Kravitz being the new Catwoman, the only thing I praise about this movie so far, is the Batman's cast and the legit dark environment, I also like Batman's combat fluidity and hostile gaze.

But as said, I'm not convinced about the new Catwoman, I don't like those changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-635a8f29e06c3
deactivated-635a8f29e06c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: Though i doubt they want a repeat of BvS where it seems like they're saying "LOOK, HERE ARE TWO STARS FIGHTING! LOOK!". granted that was not the direction BvS took, but it was marketed as such and hence was seen as a cash grab.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman is honestly looking like the best Batman film since 2008. I love the grittiness of Gotham, the action looks super focused and brutal, and Pattinson is the best actor that's ever portrayed Bruce Wayne (just watch the lighthouse). Just from the trailer it looks like the Batman from the comics and the animated series I grew up with and I'm super excited for the film. I think WW84 will be a perfectly competent film but its just not the same level of excitement for me, this literally looks the Batman as he should be portrayed.

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: better composer really?

What do you know they did that outdoes hans zimmer

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really excited for either of the two.

The Suicide Squad's more up my alley.

i bet it is 😂 just kidding

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

Yeah me too. I’m just speculating here, but something maybe up. Apparently Cav-El and Rock have the same agent/manager if I’m not mistake. Rock has been hyping up a showdown with Superman on screen for a good while now. Hell, iirc he even did it again during the Black Adam Fandome sneak peak thing. Rock has got so much stroke in Hollywood right now, he could get ME in a movie if he wanted. At this point I think it’s about timing really. If I’m a movie studio Like WB, just from a business standpoint, it makes zero sense to miss a big screen showdown of Rock and Cavill in a cbm. C’mon now, Warner’s would be drowning in money and hype ....just my theory tho 🤷‍♂️

😂 rock is pressing a showdown between him and superman more than he is with him and shazam. And yes he did do it again at fandome

To be fair a much rather see a serious and dangerous rock interact with the godlike cavill superman than the goofy dad shazam ANY DAY

But that might just be me. Also excited to see Adam vs potentially the jsa

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

@mazahs117: Though i doubt they want a repeat of BvS where it seems like they're saying "LOOK, HERE ARE TWO STARS FIGHTING! LOOK!". granted that was not the direction BvS took, but it was marketed as such and hence was seen as a cash grab.

lol 2 stars 🌟 as in Affleck and cavill or batman and superman how did they market that way