Which is the worst "fifth" movie besides TLK?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 76

Poll Which is the worst "fifth" movie besides TLK? (33 votes)

Rambo: Last Blood 18%
A Good Day to Die Hard 30%
Terminator Genisys 30%
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 18%
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3%

Transformers: The Last Knight is generally considered a terrible movie, and with good reason. But alas, it is far from the only terrible movie that is the fifth in a series. Of these five terrible "fifth" movies, which is the worst of them all? Vote now!

• 
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although, I actually don't consider Fallen Kingdom "terrible" myself, but it's not great either. Either way, it's not a beloved fifth movie.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably one of those endless sequels to beloved animated films no one asked for.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rambo.

First blood's alternate ending was meant to be the original but was seen as too dark. John rambo should have died in the first movie, before he became an over the top buffed out action hero.

First blood is the only only where he doesn't seem like a unstoppable killing machine of rage.

None of the rambo movies have been as good as the first, least of all the absolute mockery that was Last Blood...total trash.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek 5 is pretty garbage.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Not my fault you're being bland and only watch several movie series.

Try out more.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shroudofsorrow
@captain_inverse said:

Rambo.

First blood's alternate ending was meant to be the original but was seen as too dark. John rambo should have died in the first movie, before he became an over the top buffed out action hero.

First blood is the only only where he doesn't seem like a unstoppable killing machine of rage.

None of the rambo movies have been as good as the first, least of all the absolute mockery that was Last Blood...total trash.

I feel like that's a problem that Die Hard 5 could be said to have also.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rambo.

Rambo 2008 was actually really good. I have no issues accepting that as a sequel to first blood and pretending that none of the others are cannon.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghostodoofus2  Online

Voted Die Hard because I haven't seen the rest.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Good Day to Die Hard is the only one there I watched, and I liked it lol.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: Other than FK, you're not missing much. And even that one could have been better.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terminator

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Last Blood probably isn't the worst here, but I certainly have the most contempt for it, along with all the other Rambo sequels. First Blood was a great movie, with more on its mind than stupid, over-the-top action. It actually focused on issues of PTSD and isolation, and had a really great Stallone performance with a lot of emotionality and depth. They then ruined it with the stupid, shitty f***ing sequels.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genisys.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By captain_inverse

@zetsu-san: @shroudofsorrow: being too over the top is what was exactly wrong with DH5.

DH was just about a NY cop who was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and just managed to come out on top, despite everything. And in the first one, we see him get put through alot of shit in order to come out on top. After that, bruce turns into super cop.

What rambo 5 did was admirable, but they failed HARD IMO. Last blood try's to bring back the feel of the first film, this is evident by the fact Rambo is back in America.... But gone are the days of the awkward even estranged war scarred man trying to find a place for himself.

Now we have preachy family man Rambo who, in the first half of the film, seems as though he has forgotten decades of military experience when engaging the cartel. (Who leave him alive, why?)

And this all leads up to a final battle at his home, where he kills them all in the caverns.... Yes, Sly has been digging tunnels underneath his property.....WHY????

Now I know these types of movies aren't big on character development, but Rambo's family and even the cartel leader were COMPLETELY forgettable. And that just hurts the movie even more. You compare the sheriff or Murdock for FB2 to the cartel its laughable. Even the vietnamese girl rambo fights alongside had more character than his daughter in 5.

It just seems like this movie was never needed, especially looking back at Rambo 4 ending.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@shroudofsorrow: Thanks, I won't be wasting my time with those then. I hope Transformers continues for the better now that Bay is out.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I haven’t see Rambo 5, so I am voting for Die Hard 5. T5 and JW2 weren’t bad, just unmemorable. I kind of liked Pirates 5, but feel it would have been an infinitely better movie without the Jack Sparrow character since Geoffrey Rush’s character is the real focus of the movie. Die Hard 5 was hot garbage, though.

Someone mentioned Star Trek 5 above and that is indeed a bad movie, but might I offer Star Wars Attack of the Clones as a write-in nominee for worst “number 5” movie?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Not my fault you're being bland and only watch several movie series.

Try out more.

Why are you being so rude to the OP? He asked to just pick between the options in the poll ffs. Is that too much of a difficult task for you?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen any of the films, although I've been meaning to watch Fallen Kingdom for some time now. I know it's not as good as Jurassic World but it still looks cool.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth said:

Try out more.

Why are you being so rude to the OP? He asked to just pick between the options in the poll ffs. Is that too much of a difficult task for you?

Giving advice is rude? I only gave another choice for a bad 5th film and it turns out he didn't like that much. So I gave him advice on trying out more series. Sounds like you're a little soft as well.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95 said:
@faradaysloth said:

Try out more.

Giving advice is rude? I only gave another choice for a bad 5th film and it turns out he didn't like that much. So I gave him advice on trying out more series. Sounds like you're a little soft as well.

OP didn't ask for advice now, did he? He asked a simple question: "Of these five terrible "fifth" movies, which is the worst of them all?" It's really simple. Even if you wanted to bring another film into it, at least stay on topic and answer his question first. And you were being rude by calling him ''bland'' and criticising the amount of movie series he watches.

Sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95:

OP didn't ask for advice now, did he?

Lots of people don't ask for advice.

He asked a simple question: "Of these five terrible "fifth" movies, which is the worst of them all?" It's really simple.

And I gave my harmless little input of another fifth movie I didn't like.

Even if you wanted to bring another film into it, at least stay on topic and answer his question first.

I'm not obliged to, doesn't give him or you the right to act negatively towards me.

And you were being rude by calling him ''bland'' and criticising the amount of movie series he watches.

"Bland" wasn't being used to attack him and I watched these movie series as well, so I'm clearly not criticizing his personal choice. Sounds to me you took my comment the wrong way.

Sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Hey buddy, I didn't go out of my way and start an argument with some random person giving harmless advice.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jurassic World, I don't see the point of this movies as much as I like original Jurassic Parks.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t see Rambo 5, so I am voting for Die Hard 5. T5 and JW2 weren’t bad, just unmemorable. I kind of liked Pirates 5, but feel it would have been an infinitely better movie without the Jack Sparrow character since Geoffrey Rush’s character is the real focus of the movie. Die Hard 5 was hot garbage, though.

Someone mentioned Star Trek 5 above and that is indeed a bad movie, but might I offer Star Wars Attack of the Clones as a write-in nominee for worst “number 5” movie?

I actually have a big soft spot for Attack of the Clones, which has a lot that I admire. Incredible art and costume design, fantastic score, some of the best action scenes in the Star Wars Saga, etc. I would happily watch AotC again over any of the films in my poll except for maybe JW: FK.

Also, technically, Phantom Menace would be the fifth due to the Holiday Special.

@faradaysloth said:

Try out more.

Thanks for the defense. I would have responded to him myself, but I decided not to. I appreciate it though. Always nice to see people who know not to be toxic.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FaradaySloth

When you say you won't address someone but then include them in a quotation chain just to show your false superiority...then claims not to be toxic.

Bruh I was just giving advice lmao.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mrmonster

@shroudofsorrow: Hard to say, I've only seen Pirates 5 and Jurassic Park 5.

Between the two, Jurassic Park 5 was wore. I didn't dislike Dead Men Tell No Tales, I thought if nothing else it was still fun. Fallen Kingdom is not even slightly amusing until the auction scene, and even then it's not good.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: I don't really think it's supposed to be "amusing" though. I have never watched a Jurassic film to get a good laugh. They're not comedies. And actually, I did think the island destruction scene was pretty well done, particularly the poignant scene of the Brontosaurus calling out to the boats before being consumed in the island's destruction. Even critics who disliked or hated the movie admitted to liking that scene. Similarly, I thought the mansion stuff felt a lot more fresh and exciting for the franchise than anything in Pirates 5, which really felt like "same old, same old" for that franchise.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Speaking for myself, I would say Rambo: Last Blood is the worst, by process of elimination:

• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is easily the best of these five, so that one's out.
  • The other four are all terrible, but I actually do respect what Terminator 5 was trying to do (reboot the franchise after two bad films in a row). Even though the end result was trash, it was at least well intentioned in a way that the other three were not. And though I think the movie botched it, the twist of John Connor being the villain instead of the savior is interesting to me. So it's slightly ahead of the other three in my eyes.
  • Pirates 5 is a movie that, to me, has a lot of lazy disregard for its audience and smacks of a franchise that's almost completely out of ideas. But, it at least understands what people like about the PotC movies, even if it does it all in a very lazy way. Which brings me to the last two:
  • Rambo 5 and Die Hard 5 are both not only boring, lazy, and come off as cynical cash grabs with contempt for their audience, but unlike Pirates 5, they also completely miss the point of why audiences fell in love with these movies in the first place. Die Hard 5 turns John McClane into a nearly unstoppable action hero instead of the more grounded one he was in Die Hards 1-3, and Rambo 5 ignores the PTSD tragedy elements of the first Rambo in favor of making him an utterly merciless, nearly unstoppable killing machine. What puts Rambo slightly lower for me personally, is just how squicky, gross, and mean-spirited it manages to feel in addition to everything else.

So, to sum it up, I would put it like so:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom>>>Terminator: Genisys>PotC: DMTnT>A Good Day to Die Hard>Rambo: Last Blood.

I wouldn't blame anyone for saying Die Hard 5 is the worst though, because that one is really awful.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KillBilly  Online

The only reason most people aren't voting for the POC film is because they gave up on the series after the fourth film. Dead Men Tell No Tales is legitimately a contender for the worst film I've ever seen, only edged out by the live action adaptation of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek 5 is pretty garbage.

oh yeah that was pretty terrible

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@killbilly said:

The only reason most people aren't voting for the POC film is because they gave up on the series after the fourth film. Dead Men Tell No Tales is legitimately a contender for the worst film I've ever seen, only edged out by the live action adaptation of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

Dang, that bad? What about Die Hard 5, Rambo 5, and Terminator 5? Would you say those are also contenders?

And yeah, Pirates 4 wasn't good, but my fondness for Penelope Cruz keeps me from hating that movie as much as I should.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KillBilly  Online

@shroudofsorrow said:
@killbilly said:

Dang, that bad? What about Die Hard 5, Rambo 5, and Terminator 5? Would you say those are also contenders?

And yeah, Pirates 4 wasn't good, but my fondness for Penelope Cruz keeps me from hating that movie as much as I should.

Haven't seen Die Hard 5. Rambo and Terminator can at least be enjoyed as mindless action flicks ( though I'm sure I'd hold them much lower if previous films hadn't already killed off my interest for those series ).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Yeah, the Terminator and Rambo series are definitely movie franchises that need to be put to bed I think. That or find a different medium to tell stories in.

Avatar image for speedforceoberon
SpeedForceOberon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil: Retribution

The Only Answer

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedforceoberon: I had actually forgotten about the Resident Evil series, but now that you mention it, yeah, those movies are bad. Though, I actually like Retribution a bit better than the rest, since it has Ada Wong in it. ;)

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Agreed, Rambo 4 was pretty good.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallen Kingdom doesn't belong here

All the Rambo movies were bad

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk_like_fire: Yeah, I agree that FK is much better than the other options here. I should have chosen a different fifth movie for the fifth option.

What about the first Rambo movie?

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers