Which is the better saga to read, Attack on Titan or Jonathan Hickman's "X-Men" run?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Which is the better saga to read, Attack on Titan or Jonathan Hickman's "X-Men" run? (13 votes)

Attack on Titan 62%
Jonathan Hickman's "X-Men" 38%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which is the better saga to read, Attack on Titan or Jonathan Hickman's "X-Men" run?

By Jonathan Hickman's "X-Men" run, I'm referring to everything he wrote from House of X and Powers of X up till Inferno.

So, I've been noticing a new trend that's been ongoing throughout the site that likes to compare several comic book and manga titles with each other albeit some of these comparisons have been rather ... odd at the very least. However, I'd like to compare two of the most celebrated manga and comic book sagas from the last decade that I find to have somewhat similar themes.

Both of these sagas are about people and their nation who suffered from discrimination to the point of death from enemies throughout the world as well as within the nation itself and the powerful message of never giving up hope throughout multiple generations and lifetimes in order to give your people a good future in the long run (even if you need to rely on underhanded methods sometimes).

However, what do you think is the better saga to read?

• 
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't "read" Attack, but storywise it's much better than HixfiX. There were some golden moments of course, but overall it wasn't really that good.

AoT was a revelation to me. Watched it couple of months ago and I was really impressed.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aot is much better written.

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoT's manga has some weird art at times. In terms of story I can't think of anything that compares though.

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

AOT.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only read House and Powers and it is a pretty epic story.

AoT is just shock value.

sp4ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: you can't be passed the first season saying this bro