Which is better: Bleach or God of Highschool?

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which is better: Bleach or God of Highschool? (54 votes)

Bleach 57%
GOH 43%
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

• 
Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Wushu59

GOH >>

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Bleach.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goh lol, Bleach ending was rushed Asf

Also GOH<<<<<<<<<<<<Bleach in

Writing

Hax

Scale of Power

AgumonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoH better in everything.

Ilyas97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would choose Bleach because it was my first anime and it is better than GoH in my opinion.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God of Highschool by a mile.

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God of Highschool. By a few light years

LuciAsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been a long time since i read both, but i remember GOH being so bad, it dropped my expectations for manhwa to absolute zero. And the fact Bleach goes from "its ok" to "terrible mess", makes it even worse.

Anyway, Bleach takes it in art, design, and stomps in panelling.

The writing is closer, but id still pick Bleach.

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bleach is 8\10

and goh is 7\10

Tuzle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know about the manga/mahwa but if it is anime I prefer bleach. Never really understood how a normal martial art competition jumped to the point of people being able to fight godly being at the end of the first season.

Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pr03

Bleach.

GOH was boring so dropped it.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOH.

Wasn't perfect but it was creative and ambitious

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15 Supreme101  Online

GOH its themes of individuality acceptance greed ignorance and hatred were so well executed best symbolism in Manga too. Greatest fights in anime/manga

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach, GOH got boring and confusing after a while.

LuciAsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce said:

Bleach, GOH got boring and confusing after a while.

No Caption Provided

Azathothh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any mainstream manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gookshit

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luciasta: Can't find a creative way to reply to me or something?

LuciAsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce: not my fault you got terrible reading comprehension 😭😭😭

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Wushu59

For me personally, Bleach has a very interesting premise. It pretty much took what YYH did with the whole afterlife theme and took it to a different level lore wise. (although the characters are no where near as charismatic) Gave us a slice of Samurai theme too. The initial Soul Society Arc is definitely really good with the Ichigo vs Byakuya fight + Aizen twist and character designs are also pretty peak. But the story starts going downhill the longer the story progresses having a lackluster final villain and rushed war arc. Doesn't help that the MC, Ichigo Kurosaki is a charisma vacuum. I can name like 20 Bleach characters I prefer over Ichigo. . Fights are pretty cool. It's like Ruoruni Kenshin mixed with DBZ almost. Paired with a bunch of unique abilities.

GOH is Journey to the West inspired much like Dragon Ball. The series starts off predominately fight scene after fight scene. The choreography is excellent and among some of the best I seen in fiction. Think OG Dragon Ball style fights (but with better choreography) mixed with some IRL MMA realism and has flashiness of Naruto including summoning and bunch of broken hax abilities. This is like the go to series when thinking of characters to use on an online forum debating such as Comicvine. So with this in mind, I can kind of understand people, that drop the series early on due to not having enough plot elements to sustain their interest but the story becomes a lot more layered during Ragnarok arc and post time skip. By that point, Jin Mori, Han Daewi, Mira Yoo have a very authentic feeling relationship with one another rather than Ichigo's friendships with Chad, Uryu, et which feel pretty lifeless. Even Mori's clone Mori Hui gets excellent character development. You get a good feel of the relationship with Jin Mori and his grandfather Jin Tajin who is murdered Mujin Park Pre-Time Skip as a shock twist and this plot line carries over into the post time skip where the series where Park pretty much has ceased control over a top position in the world where he can control the narrative of the events that took place during the war of the previous arc. He goes from a somewhat trusted ally to the main antagonist. Mori hides in seclusion until the time is right to hop back into action and adopts a sister named Ahan Dan (my favorite relationship in the series) and shit gets real from there. Not going to going over anymore plot lines, but what I can say is unlike Bleach, the final arc of GOH left me completely satisfied with what I got. It didn't feel rushed and the final fight was amazing. Mori Jin also has way more charisma then Ichigo and is way more likable as an MC to me personally.

Berberiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched neither. Currently watching One Piece

LuciAsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoH by far, Bleach is boring and cliche. It might have some outlier great villains such as Aizen or Tsukishima, but most aren't...impressive at all, if anything, they're lacking in any unique factor.

Jegal Taek, Okhwang, Ultio R, Mubong Park, Ardun, 666:Satan, there are just too many memorable antagonists/villains, the ending in GoH wasn't rushed, the stakes were extreme and there was no plot arrow saving the main characters, it was done all through sheer willpower and efforts.

"Do what you want", is a message instilled by GoH a lot; the anti-thesis between Mori Jin and Mubong Park's characters, complete opposite in every facet, yet so similiar. It gives you an incredible way to look at humanity, its horrible sides, and its great ones.

Ichigo is meh, doesn't have an unique powerset, any particular goal(unlike Mori's, who goes through development on such goals throughout the series), lacks enough development for me to consider it even relevant in comparisons to Jin's, and in comparison, gives up way too easily.

Yhwach sucks horrendously when compared to Mubong, or Satan. He also feels wayyy too overpowered, and while Mubong was as well, at least multiple characters could put up a fight, and Mori stalemated, then progressively, beat him.

Also Orihime compared to Mira? Renji or Chad when compared to Daewi? Not even close. Both Mira and Daewi have their own arcs throughout the series, a story, romance done properly, in a way that when they on panel get married, it doesn't seem out of nowhere.

Mori's bond with Ahan is depicted far better than Ichigo's bond with his sisters, hell, he does the impossible and beyond just to cure his sister from an illness, risking his life, making an enemy out of the whole world and a guy that wanted to kill him in precedence, and who already murdered his grandfather.

All in all, Bleach is okay, but nothing special in comparison when you look at it on a deeper level.

Goated Reasoning by Leon as always

No Caption Provided

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall Bleach has a great Beginning Premise while GOH has the most epic ending ive seen. And im leaning on 2nd choice since it wasnt rushed=)

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soul Society arc is one of the best arcs in animes IMO.

If Bleach ended after Aizen, i would choose Bleach for sure.

Sad that Bleach got rushed at the end.

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOH - 9

Bleach - 6.5

Maevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleach is mid most of the time and the ending is worse than mid.

But Couldn't get past first 20 chapter of GOH.

I will have to go with bleach

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By EstrellaDeLeon

Considering Cv is gae, and my post isn't here anymore:

No Caption Provided

Overall, Bleach==>trash/mid-ish.

GoH==>good, enjoyable.

There's much better than GoH, but like...mostly anything is better than Bleach, unless you want to be placed under a deep sleep-induced condition.

RyugaKishatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoH, easily. Next.