Which Hulk vs Army scene do you prefer?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Hulk vs Army scene do you prefer? (36 votes)

2008 42%
2003 58%

• 
The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2003 scene is iconic.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cocacolaman  Moderator

2003 has some of the most significant nostalgia for me as a Hulk fanboy who watched that movie probably over ten times.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2003 and this isn’t a little close.

08’ Hulk was puny, just saiyan 🤷‍♂️

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 takenstew22  Moderator

2003 felt more powerful.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2008 Hulk stomps

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Istg they can't make a good Hulk movie if their life depended on it.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

2003 no contest, incredibly dominating and a force of nature the way Hulk’s physicality should be and hasn’t been portrayed since Age of Ultron (kind of Ragnarok).

I don’t understand the weird love that Norton’s Hulk gets. People are always posting comments on YouTube or Insta about how he’d trash Thanos or This is the real Hulk when a) it’s technically the same Hulk as the Ruffalo Hulk and b) he’s literally the weakest live action Hulk portrayal apart from Ferrigno.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cocacolaman  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: It’s likely because 2008 didn’t have to fight any other superhero, so he got to flex on everyone but Abomination. Every other movie in the MCU, he’s had to fight Thor, Hulkbuster, or Thanos, and because it’s the Hulk, the directors use him as a measuring stick of power, so he gets beaten by just about everyone that isn’t fodder.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like 08 version more. But maybe that's just because of the superior CG and sound design. But it felt more raw and vicious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: but he doesn’t tho, Hulk literally dominated everyone he came up against, The Hulkbuster beating him had context, and in both of his fights with Thor it was fairly even with Hulk clearly being physically superior in every way and Thor being the better fighter and more powerful.

The only character that truly whupped him is Thanos and rightfully so, and to be fair Hulk took about a dozen punches from Thanos to be brought down whereas Thor was nearly ko’ed in 3, Carol and Thor both barely budged Thanos when physically attacking him whereas Hulk sent him flying. I feel like the masses are just brain dead and only see “Hur Dur Hulk beat up Hulk suck” when in actuality that’s far from the case.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cocacolaman  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: “I feel like the masses are just brain dead and only see “Hur Dur Hulk beat up Hulk suck” when in actuality that’s far from the case.“

You hit the nail on the head. I know that Hulk was winning every single one of those fights because I have practically broken down these fights to their frames, but to the casual audience, Hulk gets hit and is hurt. Thor sent him flying, Hulkbuster knocked a tooth out, Thanos beat him up. The casuals (and by that, I mean children) want their favorite to win. And Hulk is a fan favorite.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 takenstew22  Moderator

Do note I actually do like 2008 Hulk and think his design is slightly better, but 2003 Hulk just felt stronger and like a true force of nature. I will say though I really liked the part where 2008 Hulk overpowered those sound weapons for some reason. That just felt badass to me.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cocacolaman  Moderator

Do note I actually do like 2008 Hulk and think his design is slightly better, but 2003 Hulk just felt stronger and like a true force of nature. I will say though I really liked the part where 2008 Hulk overpowered those sound weapons for some reason. That just felt badass to me.

2003 Hulk, to me, was the definitive LA Hulk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Finally someone who understands aha 😂

I find it ridiculous though, because even in that same instance where Thor sends him flying, we have Hulk literally ragdolling him, overpowering him and displaying enough force to KO him (once grandmaster Immobilized him) which is literally what happened in their first fight (Avengers) as well minus the KO. Hulkbuster again it blows my my mind that people ignore that Hulk literally bodied everything it through at him, consistently overpowered it and was ripping it to pieces. It’s just really mind numbing, it’d be like arguing that because Superman was hurt by Wonder Woman’s headbutt in JL and didn’t KO her it’s a poor showing for him.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cocacolaman  Moderator

I find it ridiculous though, because even in that same instance where Thor sends him flying, we have Hulk literally ragdolling him, overpowering him and displaying enough force to KO him (once grandmaster Immobilized him) which is literally what happened in their first fight (Avengers) as well minus the KO. Hulkbuster again it blows my my mind that people ignore that Hulk literally bodied everything it through at him, consistently overpowered it and was ripping it to pieces. It’s just really mind numbing, it’d be like arguing that because Superman was hurt by Wonder Woman’s headbutt in JL and didn’t KO her it’s a poor showing for him.

All they see is Hulk not winning. Everything else goes over their head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: yup, MCU Hulk is probably one of the most lowballed characters around imo

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2003 Roids

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing is: In most of Hulk's fights against people near his tier they are holding back and he is not. Thor held back in Avengers while Hulk was very angry and ready to tear apart anything he saw. Stark was trying to calm Hulk down or make him sleep while Hulk was out for blood. Ragnarok Thor was, once again trying to talk him down and never going for the kill. Thus, when these people manage to hurt and KO Hulk it makes him look bad, at least to me.

The two times Hulk fought peers that were not holding back against him? Abom dominated him for most of the fight and Thanos dropped him in no time. Even in Ragnarok, where you say Hulk was a rag-dolling Thor, once Thor went Thunder Mode and stopped giving a shit every punch was throwing Hulk for a loop and he was ready to give him some more. Grandmaster had to save him. Even when you say that Hulk consistently overpowered Hulkbuster we could see that Hulk's running punch was equal to Hulkbusters flat-footed one. We know he has the power to ko Hulk as well. Who knows how the first fight against Thor and the Hulkbuster fight would have gone if both of Hulk's opponents went for the kill from the beginning like he did?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheGrat1: I see what you’re saying, but that’s false. Hulk was never going for the kill or fighting with maximum intent to cause punishment and pain except when he battled the Hulkbuster. Both of his fights with Thor he was easily dominating him (physically) without being anywhere remotely as angry as he was in his battle with the Hulkbuster. Hulk wasn’t trying to kill Thor in either of those fights and there’s arguably nothing to suggest Thor was holding back apart from in Ragnarok at the beginning of the bout.

Hulk wasnt just dealing with Abom though, he was attempting to protect what civilians were around him and save Betty while fighting someone who’s his physical equal. Yeah Abom through him for a loop but once Hulk got mad enough he legitimately stomped him. The Thanos instance is fine as it’s how it should be portrayed. Thanos is superior to Hulk in every way even in the comics (not to mention he stomped Thor in an even more embarrassing manner twice). Thor with the thunder amping him throwing Hulk for a loop is fine tho, I don’t see it as a low showing. Considering just Thor landing on the rainbow bridge cracked it imagine what his actual strikes must have felt like and Hulk was taking them. I guess Grandmaster “saved” him but it also inadvertently showed us Hulk has the punching power to KO Thor which he does so immediately when Thor’s immobilized. A mindless Hulk (the one in the battle from AoU) I’m sure would’ve been throwing Thor for a loop in contrast. That’s fair, but the Hulkbuster is much larger and has more mass to add to its swing, it does have the power to ko Hulk (it was designed by Tony and Bruce so it technically should) but Mindless Hulk constantly kept overpowering the suit and eating it’s blows throughout the entire fight whereas whenever Hulk hit it or got his hands on it he tore it to bits.

Just to add, I think Thor is his “God Mode” is comfortably superior to any hero in the MCU barring Dr. Strange, so he should in a way be > Savage Hulk or Prof Hulk....now Mindless Hulk on the other hand....that’s a battle to see.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheGrat1: Hulk was holding back in Ragnarok.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By skywalker95

@cocacolaman said:
@takenstew22 said:

2003 Hulk, to me, was the definitive LA Hulk.

Same for me too. It's a joke how much hate he and his film get.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

2003 felt stupid and cartoony. 2008 version, despite clearly being less powerful, felt like more of a real force.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lilbroomstick

2008 was cool, but 2003 is basically my ideal Hulk vs Army type of thing. Also

Nobody:

2003 Hulk:

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking back the 2003 Hulk wasn't perfect, but was still much better than the 2008 version.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2003 no contest though 2008 arguably had the better final battle