• 162 results
Posted by PayneInTheAss (5086 posts) 8 months, 4 days ago

Poll: Which has you more hyped - The Justice League or The Defenders? (169 votes)

The Justice League 49%
The Defenders 51%
No Caption Provided

#101 Posted by MorleeRicks (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally Justice League. I don't know enough about Defenders.

#102 Posted by CaptainSalt (801 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders. And it's not even close.

#103 Edited by PenguinDust (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders! Hulk and Doctor Strange teaming up? I'm in! Not to mention the MCU debuts of Silver Surfer and Namor!

I see what you did there.

No Caption Provided

#104 Posted by exav3n (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

sad to say the defenders

#105 Posted by AngelJax (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders is probably my most hyped superhero product of 2017, period.

#106 Posted by Vascillator (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders easily, only DCEU movie im excited about is the Shazam/Cap Marvel one

Avatar image for thesilentripper
#107 Edited by TheSilentRipper (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah Defenders it´s now winning.

#108 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (11456 posts) - - Show Bio

The Defenders

#109 Edited by gracetrack (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh gosh, seriously? Justice League all the way. I don't even know who the Defenders are.

#110 Posted by MsSelene (412 posts) - - Show Bio

The Defenders.

I love the Justice League, but I'm not looking forward to this movie.

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#111 Edited by scott_summers52 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

The Defenders, even though I think it should be called something more like Heroes for Hire. Too nervous about JL to be hyped about it.

#112 Posted by Revan2424 (3610 posts) - - Show Bio
#113 Posted by NewWorldOrder (755 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders by a good margin. Really can't wait.

#114 Edited by Super_ninja (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

JL.

#115 Posted by Rusti (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League. They are too many Marvel based netflix shows, and they never impress me. Snyder made me love BvS I would probably love JL as much

#116 Posted by lubub55 (4434 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage really put me off of Marvel's Netflix stuff.

#117 Posted by theCrazyBean (768 posts) - - Show Bio

You know there's something wrong with the DCEU when the defenders have more hype than the JL...

#118 Posted by DammeFavour (1829 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Posted by TinyFord (467 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that I still don't know what the defenders is should prove how hyped I am for justice league

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#120 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (6332 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrazybean: only the case on comic vine where you see the most hate on DCEU

#121 Posted by laughingbatman (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League. Loved Daredevil, Jessica Jones was okay, Luke Cage was meh and I couldn't finish it. Haven't had a chance to check out Iron Fist yet, that's on to do list.

Avatar image for general_disarray
#122 Posted by General_Disarray (699 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Marvel Netflix shiz but a lot of it is just chewing gum for the eyes to me. I think they would be a lot tighter if they made less episodes, i'm surprised the series are so long considering their revenue doesn't come from commercials. I expect / hope JL will be more epic than the Defenders.

#123 Posted by The Stegman (36951 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrazybean: Comicvine has a high hatred for DCEU, I don't take this seriously.

#124 Edited by theCrazyBean (768 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@thecrazybean: Comicvine has a high hatred for DCEU, I don't take this seriously.

@ready_4_madness said:

@DammeFavour said:

@thecrazybean: except it doesn't

Yeah, I know. If you ask a random dude on the street which one is he more hyped about I'm 100% sure he will say Justice league and he probably won't even know who the defenders are. And I know ComicVine throws a lot of crap to the DCEU (I'm a lot of times among them, actually) but the Defenders winning in this poll is just... Sad. I mean, is the Justice League for God's sake!!! The most popular heroes in history! How is that a movie with them is losing this poll? Even in a Marvel forum they should be winning.

My point is, that even though this poll shows the hate against the DCEU here, it also shows that WB have been doing a really poor work with the DC universe...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#125 Posted by buttersdaman000 (19039 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League; the rabid scuffle to defend the mediocrity of IF exposed a lot of hypocrites lol

#126 Posted by BruceRogers (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the track record of the DCEU, I would say Defenders

#127 Posted by nicksmi56 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@ready_4_madness said:

@DammeFavour said:

Yeah, I know. If you ask a random dude on the street which one is he more hyped about I'm 100% sure he will say Justice league and he probably won't even know who the defenders are. And I know ComicVine throws a lot of crap to the DCEU (I'm a lot of times among them, actually) but the Defenders winning in this poll is just... Sad. I mean, is the Justice League for God's sake!!! The most popular heroes in history! How is that a movie with them is losing this poll? Even in a Marvel forum they should be winning.

My point is, that even though this poll shows the hate against the DCEU here, it also shows that WB have been doing a really poor work with the DC universe...

I actually really doubt this. I'm still convinced that people on here like to convince themselves that people on the street like these movies more than they actually do. BvS was the only movie that was so bad people at my church came up to me (because I'm known as the movie guy at church) to tell me how boring it was and how much they disliked it. No exaggeration. Just because Suicide Squad became a surprise hit doesn't mean people have forgotten about that.

On top of that, Marvel is a brand now. People know Marvel movies, they know to stay after the credits, they know who the characters are and who's gonna be in what movie, etc. And do you know how popular Netflix is?

I'm not saying Justice League is gonna bomb or anything, but can we stop pretending that ONLY comic fans dislike these movies? Because that's most definitely not the case.

#128 Posted by PeterParkerJr (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Iron Fist was trash, I'm still a little more excited for The Defenders.

#129 Posted by buttersdaman000 (19039 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrazybean said:
@the_stegman said:

@ready_4_madness said:

@DammeFavour said:

I actually really doubt this. I'm still convinced that people on here like to convince themselves that people on the street like these movies more than they actually do. BvS was the only movie that was so bad people at my church came up to me (because I'm known as the movie guy at church) to tell me how boring it was and how much they disliked it. No exaggeration. Just because Suicide Squad became a surprise hit doesn't mean people have forgotten about that.

On top of that, Marvel is a brand now. People know Marvel movies, they know to stay after the credits, they know who the characters are and who's gonna be in what movie, etc. And do you know how popular Netflix is?

I'm not saying Justice League is gonna bomb or anything, but can we stop pretending that ONLY comic fans dislike these movies? Because that's most definitely not the case.

This is pretty anecdotal. Nearly everyone I know/met who I've discussed this movie with range from indifference to some level of esteem for the film. You may have only been met by people who dislike the movie, but again, that's anecdotal. What we do know is that the movie killed in Blu-Ray and DVD sales in 2016, coming in right behind Civil War actually by less than a few hundred thousand.

So, nobody is "pretending" that ONLY comic fans disliked the movie. You, however, are pretending that ONLY comic fans liked it though.

And it's amazingly telling for you to actually argue that a random person on the street would even know who the defenders were lol

#130 Posted by Outside_85 (17105 posts) - - Show Bio

League... I couldn't care less about the Defenders or any of the members.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#131 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9554 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither have come out, and I hate them both

#132 Edited by nicksmi56 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: It's telling for me to bet on the fact that people have been following the series of the biggest live-action movie franchise of all time on the world's most popular streaming service and, in this age of the internet and instant information, know that it's all leading to something and are excited for it?

Riiiiiggghhtt.

And when did I say only comic fans liked it? Ever? Might wanna read my comment again.

Seriously, man. You can't keep hoofing it over every time I say something about the DCEU. It's not healthy. You're not even reading what I'm saying anymore.

#133 Edited by jumpstart55 (9855 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Lets see just being objective....The first ever film featuring the legendary ensemble cast of the Justice League who have been revered and embedded in America culture for over 50 years....Or a group of B-D list dumpster diving Superheroes on Netflix.
  • Yea i,m going with Justice League in a godstomp.
  • Plus i guarantee you way more people are looking forward to the Justice League film, alot of folks dont even watch the Netflix Superhero shows...So the notion of a defenders team up is irrelevant to them.
  • Perosnally i,m excited for both...But my enticement for the justice league by far exceeds my desire to watch the defenders...Heck i think it would have made more sense to just make a heroes for hire tv show only featuring Iron Fist and Luke Cage...And when i think of defenders i picture the old 70s team with Hulk, Doc Stranger,Silver Surfer and Namor.
#134 Posted by GeorgeWBush (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Iron Fist with its flaws wasn't as big of a dumpster fire as BVS lmao. None of the other members of the JL barring Cavil and Batman are all that compelling to look forward to more than the union of the successful Netflix series. DC fanboys can keep dreaming.

#135 Posted by soldierofel (2436 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not gonna pretend that Justice League on the big screen isn't a big fantasy for me. However, from a objective view I believe The Defenders will be the most likely to be solid or amazing. Justice League has potential but in my opinion, I've been fooled twice. However, I hope both are amazing.

#136 Edited by theCrazyBean (768 posts) - - Show Bio
@nicksmi56 said:
@thecrazybean said:
@the_stegman said:

@ready_4_madness said:

@DammeFavour said:

I never said people on the street liked those movies, the general consensus of my friends (who love to go to the movies) and my fathers (who have watched every single superhero movie) is that BvS and Suicide Squad are really bad. And i think that too.

What i meant is that Netflix isn't that used in my country (I'm Colombian), so if i would ask a random person on the street about the defenders he would probably not know who they are because here most of the population isn't exactly whealty and doesn't pay Netflix, however almost everyone would know what the Justice League is. And I'm sure that's the case for all countries, even if a lot of people have Netflix, there´s a lot of people who doesn't and wouldn't know who the defenders are. That was my point, i was not defending the DCEU or pretending only Comicbook fans hate it because, as you said, that's not the case.

#137 Edited by buttersdaman000 (19039 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56 said:

@buttersdaman000: It's telling for me to bet on the fact that people have been following the series of the biggest live-action movie franchise of all time on the world's most popular streaming service and, in this age of the internet and instant information, know that it's all leading to something and are excited for it?

Riiiiiggghhtt.

And when did I say only comic fans liked it? Ever? Might wanna read my comment again.

Seriously, man. You can't keep hoofing it over every time I say something about the DCEU. It's not healthy. You're not even reading what I'm saying anymore.

Yeah, it's pretty telling. We're not talking about the next avenger movie, we're talking about the c list netflix avengers. You REALLY think that the average person not only knows who the team is, but is also more hyped for their series solely because BvS underperformed?? It's the freaking justice league vs avengers-lite on a netflix budget. C'mon now lol

Lol, you offered anecdotal evidence centered solely around how people you know dislike the movie. Then you said -- "but can we stop pretending that ONLY comic fans dislike these movies" -- which suggest that you think that others (people who like BvS I assume) think that only comic fans dislike the movie. So, in reply, I directed that suggestion back at you. Maybe you should reread what YOU said before you get defensive lol

Anyways, why are you always so hostile when someone disagrees with you on matters concerning the DCEU?? You're coming off pretty conceited lol it seems like you're carrying over feelings from the last time we got in an argument, and that's cool I guess, but I was over it the second I closed the browser. You're wrong about this stuff the majority of the time because you're seemingly unable to separate what you like from what something just is. And, in this case, Justice League just is simply waaaaaayyyy more popular than the defenders.

#138 Edited by BlueHope (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League even though I think it will probably suck

I couldn't care less about any of the defenders members or the team by itself.

Avatar image for general_disarray
#139 Posted by General_Disarray (699 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrazybean said:
@the_stegman said:

@ready_4_madness said:

@DammeFavour said:

Serious: which religion do you belong to? why do you go?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#140 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (12245 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

"Justice League; the rabid scuffle to defend the mediocrity of IF exposed a lot of hypocrites lol"

This.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#141 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (6332 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Edited by nicksmi56 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrazybean: I wasn't referring specifically to you, I was referring to all the people above who go "Lol people dislike DCEU on the Vine, so this isn't really what people think!" as if outside of the Vine, these movies suddenly have a huge boost in popularity. Sorry if it seemed that way. Didn't mean to seem like I was attacking you or anything.

#143 Edited by nicksmi56 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Here we go again with the assumptions.

Don't watch Netflix Marvel, already said that on another thread. If you actually paid attention while apparently tracking me through threads, you'd know that.

And I never said that Defenders was going to get more viewership than Justice League. All I said was that I seriously doubt that if we asked the random dude on the street which he was more excited to see, he/she would immediately go "Duh, it's Justice League!" It's not that cut and dry. You see, the whole "It's the JUSTICE LEAGUE, DUDE!!" doesn't work on people who, oh I don't know, don't read comics. Knowing the characters doesn't mean I'm gonna jump out of my seat to see a movie about them. Hey, I know who Fluttershy is! Guess I better run out and grab a ticket to the inevitable My Little Pony movie! Oh, wait, I don't like My Little Pony...ohhhhh, preferences are a thing, that's right!

So yeah, a guy on the street might KNOW who the Justice League are, but that doesn't mean he's excited for the movie. And you know what counts more than knowing the names of the main characters? Something that's actually given good content in the past, like a certain gigantic movie franchise that's been just raking in the green for years now. Not to mention the fact that to a lot of people, the guys who actually make DC films aren't doing that great and have burned them in the past. And oh, what's that? Marvel's Netflix shows have a lot of widespread popularity too, even among people who aren't comic readers? And that would lead to people knowing and being excited for the Defenders, especially since Netflix is by far the leading streaming service around and binging has become pretty much part of social culture at this point? Well, would ya look at that!

@buttersdaman000 said:

Lol, you offered anecdotal evidence centered solely around how people you know dislike the movie. Then you said -- "but can we stop pretending that ONLY comic fans dislike these movies" -- which suggest that you think that others (people who like BvS I assume) think that only comic fans dislike the movie. So, in reply, I directed that suggestion back at you. Maybe you should reread what YOU said before you get defensive lol

Um, ok. How does "Can we stop pretending that only comic fans dislike these movies?" translate to "You, however, are pretending that ONLY comic fans liked it though."? Still waiting for an answer to that.

And oh yeah, I'm the hostile one. This from the guy who, whenever I say something negative about the DCEU, has to come screeching into the thread like I set his house on fire and go "NUH UH!!! YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

Yep, those "feelings" are totally mine. Not projecting at all there ;)

#144 Edited by nicksmi56 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@general_disarray: I'm a Christian and I go because I believe God should be honored and I'm thankful for what He's done for me. Simple as that really :)

#145 Posted by buttersdaman000 (19039 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Here we go again with the assumptions.

Don't watch Netflix Marvel, already said that on another thread. If you actually paid attention while apparently tracking me through threads, you'd know that.

And I never said that Defenders was going to get more viewership than Justice League. All I said was that I seriously doubt that if we asked the random dude on the street which he was more excited to see, he/she would immediately go "Duh, it's Justice League!" You see, the whole "It's the JUSTICE LEAGUE, DUDE!!" doesn't work on people who, oh I don't know, don't read comics. Knowing the characters doesn't mean I'm gonna jump out of my seat to see a movie about them. Hey, I know who Fluttershy is! Guess I better run out and grab a ticket to the inevitable My Little Pony movie! Oh, wait, I don't like My Little Pony...ohhhhh, preferences are a thing, that's right!

So yeah, a guy on the street might KNOW who the Justice League are, but that doesn't mean he's excited for the movie. And you know what counts more than knowing the names of the main characters? Something that's actually given good content in the past, like a certain gigantic movie franchise that's been just raking in the green for years now. Not to mention the fact that to a lot of people, the guys who actually make DC films aren't doing that great and have burned them in the past. And oh, what's that? Marvel's Netflix shows have a lot of widespread popularity too, even among people who aren't comic readers? And that would lead to people knowing and being excited for the Defenders, especially since Netflix is by far the leading streaming service around and binging has become pretty much part of social culture at this point? Well, would ya look at that!

@buttersdaman000 said:

Um, ok. How does "Can we stop pretending that only comic fans dislike these movies?" translate to You, however, are pretending that ONLY comic fans liked it though."? Still waiting for an answer to that.

And oh yeah, I'm the hostile one. This from the guy who, whenever I say something negative about the DCEU, has to come screeching into the thread like I set his house on fire and go "NUH UH!!! YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

Yep, those "feelings" are totally mine. Not projecting at all there ;)

Dude.....chill lol

Debating you is pointless haha you're almost spike level when it comes to these DCEU threads. Troll on.

#146 Edited by nicksmi56 (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Whatever, dude. Don't really have time for this tonight. Have a nice night and I'll see you next time you decide to blow a gasket :)

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#147 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (12245 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League, by far.

Iron Fist was worst than all the shittiest aspects of the three DCEU films combined. The fact Danny Rand is the one putting together the team decreased my hype by a significant margin. I only loved DD anyway. JJ was solid, I guess. Luke Cage was mediocre and Iron Fist was my least favourite Superhero thing since the Daredevil movie. The Snyder films, although ultimately disappointing, I still find myself enjoying aspects of them and JL should be no exception, unlike LukeCage and Iron Fist, which are utterly boring. Snyder visuals for 6 superheroes with a Junkie XL/Zimmer score for each? Sign me up.

I'm still looking forward for The Defenders, but not as much. Especially since Affleck already proved himself a great Batman, Gadot is a good Wonder Woman, and Cavill might finally be allowed the shine. Unlike the terrible Finn Jones and inconsistent Mike Coulter, who is the most generic choice for the character.

#148 Edited by buttersdaman000 (19039 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Whatever, dude. Don't really have time for this tonight. Have a nice night and I'll see you next time you decide to blow a gasket :)

You really are one of the most obtuse and condescendingly obstinate new viners i've seen in a long while. lol. In a way, the amount of moves and tricks you can pull off on those parallel bars and beams or whatever in your head is impressive to say the least. Troll on.

#149 Posted by theCrazyBean (768 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56: no, I didn't think you were attacking me haha. I was just making myself clear. Everything it's okay mate ;)

#150 Edited by paperclipchain (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I've loved the MCU Netflix buildup so far, so Defenders has me incredibly hyped. One thing that has me worried is the fact that I'm betting the enemy they'll have to face will be the Hand in some sort of way, and only Matt and Danny have actually encountered them. Jessica and Luke have absolutely nothing to do with the Hand in the MCU thus far, so I'm not seeing how they'll be brought into the fold. Jessica and Luke have so far only fought their own battles.