Which had better action: Avengers: Endgame or John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Which had better action: Avengers: Endgame or John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum? (51 votes)

Avengers: Endgame 27%
John Wick 3 73%

Avengers: Endgame won against John Wick 3 in the Best Action Movie category at the Critics' Choice Awards. Well, the critics voted Endgame, what about the Viners?

Honestly, I think Endgame has its merits but JW3 is the superior action film. Practical effects and choreography >> expensive CGI.

• 
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Yeah, the opinions of these "critics" should not be valued any more than ordinary filmgoers.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@ghostodoofus2 said:

Yeah, the opinions of these "critics" should not be valued any more than ordinary filmgoers.

If it was an ordinary filmgoer, Avengers Endgame and Joker would have been wining all categories with Joaquin Pheonix and RDJ fighting for best actor, with Scarlett Johansson wining best actress for her performance in Endgame.

Their is already ordinary filmgoer award and it is called MTV awards.

I think this years critics award ceremony was good. The fact that director of parasite won alone makes it a lot better than a lot of other awards since they are very biased against non Hollywood movies

The sad parts are William Dafoe and Irishmen cast getting snubbed for Brad Pitt's performance in once upon a time in Hollywood. ( Brad Pitt is literally playing himself in the movie) or once upon a time in Hollywood winning best picture! WTF

Also, it looks like Oscar is confirmed for Phoenix since he won every major award till now. He deserves it but so does Adam Driver

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Alright, I mean ordinary non-filthy casual filmgoer of VOTING age and an IQ above 100.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson both deserved nominations for their performances, Pitt hasn't delivered a great performance in over a decade.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson both deserved nominations for their performances, Pitt hasn't delivered a great performance in over a decade.

True story!

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KingLouie  Online

I thought John Wick was a snooze fest anyway. Don’t really care.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the same kind of action, better comparison is TWS rather than large scale set pieces with people like Thanos and Thor in Avengers films.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@vishop_ said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

True story!

This year has so many great performances and movies that a lot of great performance are gonna get overlooked.

Jaimie Foxx in Just Mercy is another snub.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: I find it hilarious how Disney submitted Avengers: Endgame to the Oscars for Best Picture. No one are bigger fanboys of the MCU than Disney itself.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@ghostodoofus2 said:

@tobeymaguire84: I find it hilarious how Disney submitted Avengers: Endgame to the Oscars for Best Picture. No one are bigger fanboys of the MCU than Disney itself.

Its is not like Disney has much choice for best pic. Other than Endgame and Toy Story there movies were mediocre to Trash (The lion king)

On the upside Disney is going back to releasing R rated movies this year so hopefully they start supporting Artistic and niche movies like WB and Sony.

Also Kevin Feige is helping a lot of Indie directors become mainstream. Every Studio want to do a movie with Taika after Ragnarok. Russos have started their own production company

Shang Chi will make director Destin Cretin blow up after being unknown inspite of making masterpiece like Short Term 12 and good movie like Just mercy this decade.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the same kind of action, better comparison is TWS rather than large scale set pieces with people like Thanos and Thor in Avengers films.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say. Choreography in EG action scenes was unimpressive unlike in Wick. On the other hand, the fights in Wick were so overlong and repeating all the same that I was losing my attention at times (especially in the dogs scene).

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame stomps wtf is this.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KingOfWakanda  Online

Wick. There's not enough action in Endgame for me to consider it an action movie.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick. These are really two different types of visual action, but I prefer Wicks style

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick 3. The Continental shootout was magnificent.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick 3 is better all around minus Tony’s death scene.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick 3. Knife fights, shotguns, and fight against the ninjas.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

John Wick 3.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: How? Endgame was mostly CGI while John Wick showed actual choreography? If you prefer Endgame then alright but how is this a stomp? John Wick 3 is magnificent.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick, maybe when Black Widow drops y'all can compare those films because they have the same choreographer.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like John Wick's hand to hand and bladed fights, but I am truly getting SICK of the gunfights now. They just go on and on and on. Still, it's a good movie.

Endgame is inconsistent. There is some excellent action (Hawkeye tearing through the Yakuza, Trinity VS Thanos, Cap VS Thanos, Cap VS Cap etc.) but there are plenty of moments that are just okay too.

Can't decide tbh.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick 3 action is better than all the MCU’s action combined.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WordWarrior

Wick easily.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: How? Endgame was mostly CGI while John Wick showed actual choreography? If you prefer Endgame then alright but how is this a stomp? John Wick 3 is magnificent.

I don't see how it having CGI makes Wick automatically better. It was much more epic and the emotional aspect made the action much better than the usual gun + h2h fight in Wick that we've seen too many times.

I know John Wick 3 is magnificent and if you prefer it as film to Endgame, fair enough. But in terms of pure action, EG takes the cake for me.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick 3 action is better than all the MCU’s action combined.

No it isn't, don't be silly.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick 3 was a ridiculous movie that had repetitive action and a convoluted plot. Avengers provided variety and meaningful story. John wick provided consistent action that only became less interesting the more you watch it. The wank for John Wick will always amaze me. The hate for Endgame will always amaze me as well. You are not unique or intelligent for liking the movie with more bullets than plot.

But you're also not dumb. I'm not childish enough to insult people for liking one more than the other. And for the record, a movie does not win better action because it used less cgi. If you want a movie with spiderman, thor, thanos, and iron man to have as much cgi as john wick, you're asking for it to fail. And no, the choreography in John Wick was not original. After the first 30 minutes, it was stale and irritating to watch. 3 movies now, and his style remains the same. While that makes sense, it does not make entertainment. Kill the man, and move on to another assassin in the same universe. Stop making us watch him use average judo on untrained chumps like he's a combat god. He hasn't fought anyone impressive. Keep in mind that he got beat around three times in his third movie, but the two Asian guys who beat him never killed him. If you actually think that's entertaining, more power to you.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick 3 was a ridiculous movie that had repetitive action and a convoluted plot. Avengers provided variety and meaningful story. John wick provided consistent action that only became less interesting the more you watch it. The wank for John Wick will always amaze me. The hate for Endgame will always amaze me as well. You are not unique or intelligent for liking the movie with more bullets than plot.

But you're also not dumb. I'm not childish enough to insult people for liking one more than the other. And for the record, a movie does not win better action because it used less cgi. If you want a movie with spiderman, thor, thanos, and iron man to have as much cgi as john wick, you're asking for it to fail. And no, the choreography in John Wick was not original. After the first 30 minutes, it was stale and irritating to watch. 3 movies now, and his style remains the same. While that makes sense, it does not make entertainment. Kill the man, and move on to another assassin in the same universe. Stop making us watch him use average judo on untrained chumps like he's a combat god. He hasn't fought anyone impressive. Keep in mind that he got beat around three times in his third movie, but the two Asian guys who beat him never killed him. If you actually think that's entertaining, more power to you.

Excellent post!

Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

John Wick 3, the action in Endgame wasn't really that good, the battle was just really epic.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: it’s far too creative for any MCU film’s action

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By assemblesquad

@minorincon32: The two asians ninjas didn't kill him because they were fans of him. The movie is lot better than other action movies with bad editing like fast cuts and shaky cam (Bourne and Taken) that many audiences gets sick of. John Wick films don't have much shaky cam and fast cuts which makes the movie almost Jackie Chan and Netflix Marvel TV show level of choreography.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick stomps.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Namebk  Online
minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad: Yes, and I think that makes those characters pointless. Why go after him then? Why subject the audience to another fight scene that holds zero weight? It was literally pointless.

And I agree it is shot better, but the action is repetitive. Nobody needed to watch Halle Berry's dogs bite guys every five seconds just for her to then shoot them. It became stale and old very quickly.

I'm glad you mentioned those two things cause both Jackie Chan and punisher and daredevil have like, the epitome of fight scenes to me. Along with any dr strange fight.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minorincon32: Because they're assassins until it was revealed that they were fans of him and been eyeing on Wick for the whole time. Zero mentioned what Wick did in the first film because he was also a fan of him too.

There's a movie called Atomic Blonde as well where it doesn't rely on shaky cam and fast cuts and the choreography is similar like Wick.

Yep, these action movie directors needs to learn from that so we don't need a stupid shaky cam and too much fast cut that we can see what's going on in this scene.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: it’s far too creative for any MCU film’s action

Disagree. The MCU's action is just as creative. The Winter Soldier being a prime example.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: we’ll have to agree to disagree then because I’ve always felt TWS action scenes are overrated. Highway fight aside.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skywalker95: we’ll have to agree to disagree then because I’ve always felt TWS action scenes are overrated. Highway fight aside.

Fair enough.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biggest issue I have with Endgame is it didn't have the utter devastation that Infinity War did, and the feelings of hopelessness and the heroes mounting a last defense. I didn't care at all for the Quantum realm stuff, Black Widow's death carried no weight, and they ultimately had Zero scenes for the founding Avengers barring Iron Man and Natasha. Hulk got the shaft, Thor understandably was depressed, but his role as comic relief was straight up annoying. That sense of urgency that Infinity War had is unrivaled in the MCU, i felt Spiderman's death, I loved the desperation the heroes fought with on Titan, and their losses actually mattered to me. Endgame really only took off during the battle scene and even then it just didn't have the same weight as the heroes fight on Titan

Say what you want about the absurdity of John Wick's action, but I was never once bored during JW3. Halley, Keanu, and the cast had tons of riveting action, the fight scenes were expertly done, and the world building continued even after JW 2. Endgame was a slog with good scenes parsed throughout it, but it pales in comparison to its predecessor and wasn't as entertaining to me in comparison to JW 3.

Crater_Maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord forgive me I voted Endgame by mistake🤦🏽‍♂️

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mossbeard: Yeah, I enjoyed JW3 more as well. The worldbuilding is coming together nicely without established comic lore to base around like the MCU has.