Which feat is more overrated?

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which feat is more overrated? (69 votes)

MCU Hulk one shoting the Leviathan 42%
DCEU Superman surviving a nuke 42%
Hancock traveling to the moon and back 3%
Results 13%
 • 
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Superman surviving the nuke is a great feat trumps most MCU characters

Hulk one shotting the Levianthan is a good striking feat however is ridiculous to think the whale weighs 300,000,000 tons like some MCU fanboys believe

Hancock going to the moon wasn't even showed on camera and something Superman could easily do

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MainJP

No one ever mentions Hancock travelling to the moon and back.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can't be Hancock here, because even you just lowballed it by implying it was just the moon and back. I just posted a math quiz for you last night with the numbers there. A huge part of the journey, in fact the vast majority isn't travel to and from the moon. It is actually painting the 5000000+ square kilometers, and the distance to travel to paint that far exceeds the moon and back, even twice. And depending on how big you think he had of a brush and how perfect you think he got it the first time, he was even beating the required speed margin of Supes India to Delaware in a few seconds by a good margin.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk's feat has been the most overrated, by far.

I think it's so because people don't take into account that the punch was actually meant to kill/KO the creature and to stop it from driving forward and misinterpret it as the punch itself being what stopped it.... In reality, Hulk had to continuously push after to bring it's residual momentum to a halt.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk stomps

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superman surviving the nuke

It is not like he tanked it or something which people like to claim. He was on the brink of death, and might have died in similar circumstances on a bad day

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think either of those are overrated. That should be a option on the poll IMO

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's leviathan feat is terribly overrated. I've seen people claim that the leviathan was skyscraper sized but when they were side by side with skyscrapers, the skyscrapers completely dwarfed them. The nuke and moon feat are legitimate powerful feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Hulk's leviathan feat

I've seen people claim Hulk consistently hits with this much force with every punch on so many threads its annoying lol. Its a pretty clear cut Outlier for Hulk

• Superman surviving a nuke

People claim that because Superman tankedor survived the Nuke he can now tank anything lol

• Hancock drawing a heart on the moon

Great feat, underrated actually

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Hulk's leviathan feat

I've seen people claim Hulk consistently hits with this much force with every punch on so many threads its annoying lol. Its a pretty clear cut Outlier for Hulk

• Superman surviving a nuke

People claim that because Superman tankedor survived the Nuke he can now tank anything lol

• Hancock drawing a heart on the moon

Great feat, underrated actually

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saberscar223

Namek throwing the train is the most overrated feat in the history of my time on Comic Vine

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Namek throwing the train is the most overrated feat in the history of my time on Comic Vine

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: throwing a 165 ton train across a town is overrated now? How?

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both A and B.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: yeah and it destroyed the planet too

No Caption Provided

ps he threw it over a few houses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: yea....I'm still not sure why you label it overrated. It's still one of the biggest strength feat in live action. Certainly better than throwing a tank and forklift over a few metres

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By ProteusXManRxis

@mainjp said:

No one ever mentions Hancock travelling to the moon and back.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saberscar223

@DammeFavour: Not sure where you got forklifts and tanks from but I’m going to have to agree with you no character in live action could throw a train with one hand effortlessly or they would’ve done it before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: um.....what are you on about? You're supposed to explain why you think it's overrated because it's a very valid and impressive feat.

And do you lack reading comprehension? I said it's 'one of' the biggest feats in live action, is it not?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deltahuman
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Most overrated feat in the history of CV. Apparently these things weighed several thousand tonnes.

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the nuke argument more often.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's feat has been the most overrated, by far.

I think it's so because people don't take into account that the punch was actually meant to kill/KO the creature and to stop it from driving forward and misinterpret it as the punch itself being what stopped it.... In reality, Hulk had to continuously push after to bring it's residual momentum to a halt.

It's still impressive though.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Most overrated feat in the history of CV. Apparently these things weighed several thousand tonnes.

IKR, people act like the Leviathan weighed more than like 5 pounds, which is the only way it wouldn't have popped the car tire.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermans nuke feat is beyond overrated. Hulk leviathan feat is more underrated than overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaSalvadore

Supermans nuke feat is beyond overrated. Hulk leviathan feat is more underrated than overrated.

This. While the weight of the Leviathan is highly controversial, the way they showed the damage in Avengers makes Hulk's punch difficult to assess. The Leviathans are able to slowly glide through a building with ease and Jarvis specifically states that the Arc Reactor would run out of energy before being able to penetrate through its hull yet you have a dead one landing on top of a building or car and almost no extensive damage is made.

Quick Tangent - The only way I've managed to headcanon this is that the Chitari use a Mass Effect type mass/gravity machine but that's neither here nor there.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

This. While the weight of the Leviathan is highly controversial, the way they showed the damage in Avengers makes Hulk's punch difficult to assess. The Leviathans are able to slowly glide through a building with ease and Jarvis specifically states that the Arc Reactor would run out of energy before being able to penetrate through its hull yet you have a dead one landing on top of a building or car and almost no extensive damage is made.

Quick Tangent - The only way I've managed to headcanon this is that the Chitari use a Mass Effect type mass/gravity machine but that's neither here nor there.

I never thought the arc reactor was what powered the suit, it's more of a weapon and propellant due to its repulsion.

Mr_Bavadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane Thor beating Odin.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:

I never thought the arc reactor was what powered the suit, it's more of a weapon and propellant due to its repulsion.

I'm not sure about the comic suits nowadays but the MCU ones are Arc powered. You see this in end fight of Iron Man 1 with the old arc's power being why the Mark III struggles against the Iron Monger armour. It's also why the later suits have their own arcs (seen in Iron Man 3) so not to drain Tony's during battle.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's leviathan feat is terribly overrated. I've seen people claim that the leviathan was skyscraper sized but when they were side by side with skyscrapers, the skyscrapers completely dwarfed them. The nuke and moon feat are legitimate powerful feats.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman's nuke feat, hands down.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's feat.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:

I'm not sure about the comic suits nowadays but the MCU ones are Arc powered. You see this in end fight of Iron Man 1 with the old arc's power being why the Mark III struggles against the Iron Monger armour. It's also why the later suits have their own arcs (seen in Iron Man 3) so not to drain Tony's during battle.

Yeah I notice that, but then in Ironman 3 we are led to believe the suits need charging before they can be used which has nothing to do with his repulsors. Which makes sense as we see in avengers he using nuclear energy to power up his building instead of repulsor tech. From what I understand his arc reactor helps in his suit's functionality like movement, flying and weaponry and if his suit uses repulsor for power then everytime the suits powerlevels drop to 0 he would also die since he uses the same arc reactor.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:
@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:

Yeah I notice that, but then in Ironman 3 we are led to believe the suits need charging before they can be used which has nothing to do with his repulsors. Which makes sense as we see in avengers he using nuclear energy to power up his building instead of repulsor tech. From what I understand his arc reactor helps in his suit's functionality like movement, flying and weaponry and if his suit uses repulsor for power then everytime the suits powerlevels drop to 0 he would also die since he uses the same arc reactor.

As far as I remember, it was only the 42 that was actually charged up. This makes sense for two reasons; it's a prototype and so hasn't been given its own arc until the bugs are worked out, and two; its a modular armour so could be said to be better without its own arc.

Now I'm not saying either of those reasons are canon but they are possibilities. Especially since it's not mentioned/indicated that any of his other armours need charging.

As far as the Avengers film. I'm pretty sure the Stark Tower is actually run by a giant arc reactor and not nuclear power. The entire point was ST to be on a better and cheaper source of energy.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:
@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:

As far as I remember, it was only the 42 that was actually charged up. This makes sense for two reasons; it's a prototype and so hasn't been given its own arc until the bugs are worked out, and two; its a modular armour so could be said to be better without its own arc.

Now I'm not saying either of those reasons are canon but they are possibilities. Especially since it's not mentioned/indicated that any of his other armours need charging.

As far as the Avengers film. I'm pretty sure the Stark Tower is actually run by a giant arc reactor and not nuclear power. The entire point was ST to be on a better and cheaper source of energy.

Yeah just saw the scene. But it doesn't make sense why he would use electricity as a powersource for what would be an advanced suit even if it's a prototype. And if it hadn't been given it's own arc reactor, then the other suits also didn't have their own arc reactor as they were sharing the one on his chest.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DaSalvadore

@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:
@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:
@macleen said:
@dasalvadore said:

Yeah just saw the scene. But it doesn't make sense why he would use electricity as a powersource for what would be an advanced suit even if it's a prototype. And if it hadn't been given it's own arc reactor, then the other suits also didn't have their own arc reactor as they were sharing the one on his chest.

I saw the electricity charging as simply a way of getting the Mark 42 to Tony where it could then take its power from his arc. And the Iron Legion had their own arcs as their lights are easily seen.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People overrate Superman's feat by saying he tanked the nuke, when he was left almost like a skeleton, that is not tanking a nuke, (that automatically makes him multicontinental or planet level lol).

Hulk's feat is overrated when people say the Leviathans weighted 300000000 tons, but that's it, Hulk actually oneshoted a thing that was easily going through buildings and could tank Iron Man' s lasers.

Then the Hancock feat IMO is the more overrated, when it's only a travel speed feat, wich cannot be used in debates as a combat speed or reaction speed feat, yet people use it for saying Hancock blitzes, when he has never used such speed on Earth and his best reaction feat is swatting away a grenade.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@adamtrmm: it definitely is still impressive, but not on the level that some put it on.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then the Hancock feat IMO is the more overrated, when it's only a travel speed feat, wich cannot be used in debates as a combat speed or reaction speed feat, yet people use it for saying Hancock blitzes, when he has never used such speed on Earth and his best reaction feat is swatting away a grenade.

Travel speed, yet it had to be precise enough for all of those turns... And if you say he didn't have to be as precise and could haphazardly go about it, then you have to make him go even waay faster - after which if his normal speed can hit a fraction of that, it doesn't even matter for the context in most of the battles it was used on.

And using it to blitz bank robbers IS the definition of using speed in combat. Was he using this kind of speed in combat perhaps? Doubtful, because even if he could, it would be a wasted effort most of the time - and compared to most of the threads this has been debated on, the opposition often had their best speed feats put into things like 'but went from X to X', with combat speed implications that don't really tell me they are in any way slower than Hancock.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Hulk's Leviathan punch by far. It's impressive nonetheless but not as impressive as most of people thinks.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Some individuals thinks those flying whales weighted over 10,000+ to approximately 20,000 tonnes.