User Lists: 0

Sorry about the quality for the BP vid

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

BP looses simply for having the insipid junk that passes for radio blag that passes for music these days.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@outside_85: Incorrect . The album and Kendrick are both great

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP looses simply for having the insipid junk that passes for radio blag that passes for music these days.

Agreed. Personally i hate it when they mix up a female singer whose voice actually has some potential with the generic scrappy male rapper who just spews out some shit that might make sense/ be true, yet lacks the artistic vocal touch.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Outside_85

@kgb725 said:

@outside_85: Incorrect . The album and Kendrick are both great

It's fossilized vomit you pay money for.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Speaking about things you know nothing about is in right now ?

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Revan-

@outside_85: Dude, Kendrick is one of the best musicians *ever* did you actually listen to the words? Or him in general?

DatStupidGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Panther visuals were absolutely amazing

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan- said:

@outside_85: Dude, Kendrick is one of the best musicians *ever* did you actually listen to the words? Or him in general?

If I wanted to listen to just words, I would get an audiobook with Stephen Fry.

@kgb725 said:

Is there anything special about this guy that Jay-Z hasn't been doing for years?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there anything special about this guy that Jay-Z hasn't been doing for years?

Image result for steve carell gif

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Revan-
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comparing rap to melodies isn't exactly a comparison. I liked All the Stars but I liked WW's end credits more. Zimmer's Wonder Woman theme was badass

zzagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

Agreed. Personally i hate it when they mix up a female singer whose voice actually has some potential with the generic scrappy male rapper who just spews out some shit that might make sense/ be true, yet lacks the artistic vocal touch.

LMAO.

On topic, Black Panther has better visuals and end credit music.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Jay Z hasn't made a good album in years. Kendrick is already one of the greatest rappers to ever live

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black panther

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saberscar223
Loading Video...

Black panther for 2:55 of this

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comparing rap to melodies isn't exactly a comparison. I liked All the Stars but I liked WW's end credits more. Zimmer's Wonder Woman theme was badass

True that.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Panther easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther in a curbstomp.

Show me a music piece from Wonder Woman that compares to this track or "Burn it all" alone.

Loading Video...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@outside_85: Jay Z hasn't made a good album in years. Kendrick is already one of the greatest rappers to ever live

Thats not really saying much.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper: scrappy male rapper? That’s the best rapper in the game right now.

I don't know about you, but rappers don't have any ear stimulating vocal skills. As i said, they might produce music that speaks the truth etc. but they lack in the vocal department. Them talking fast etc. has nothing to do with what i am talking about. I don't know how to phrase it properly, but if you compare, say, Nikki Minaj's - Anaconda to Dolly Pardon's - Jolene, you will get my point.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about you, but rappers don't have any ear stimulating vocal skills. As i said, they might produce music that speaks the truth etc. but they lack in the vocal department. Them talking fast etc. has nothing to do with what i am talking about. I don't know how to phrase it properly, but if you compare, say, Nikki Minaj's - Anaconda to Dolly Pardon's - Jolene, you will get my point.

Dolly Pardon Jolene is the type of music you listen to?

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper said:

Dolly Pardon Jolene is the type of music you listen to?

I don't listen to one particular type, but that song i do enjoy. I like the irony of admitting defeat to your competition and practically begging them not to take from you the one thing that makes you whole, while at the same time being so oblivious that you can't see that, if your other half abandons you for someone prettier, then he was never yours to begin with. (Thats what i get from said song). But no, its not the only type.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

You sound like one of those people who says "back in mah days."

@revan- said:

@kgb725 said:

This is such an ignorant statement. Have you listened to any songs from Kendrick's albums and actually paid attention? There's a reason Good Kid mAAd City is being taught in Georgia Regents University. There's a reason To Pimp a Butterfly is archived at Harvard.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@ready_4_madness said:

@thenoobstomper: scrappy male rapper? That’s the best rapper in the game right now.

QFT.

@jay_z94 said:

No Caption Provided

LMAO.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@outside_85 said:
@revan- said:

@kgb725 said:

This is such an ignorant statement. Have you listened to any songs from Kendrick's albums and actually paid attention? There's a reason Good Kid mAAd City is being taught in Georgia Regents University. There's a reason To Pimp a Butterfly is archived at Harvard.

Well 'back in mah day' people could actually write and sing, people who do rap can't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The rap game has become very hipsterish.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@jayfreeman: I had that Killmonger theme on repeat. Looked for it as soon as I left the theater lol.

On topic, Black Panther. And people who don't listen to or don't understand rap shouldn't give an opinion on it. Sorry, but you just aren't qualified. I could easily make the argument that Hip Hop requires more creativity and lyrical talent than any other genre of music.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@outside_85 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@outside_85 said:

@outside_85 said:
@revan- said:

@kgb725 said:

Well 'back in mah day' people could actually write and sing, people who do rap can't.

No shit they can't sing - that's because they're rappers, not singers.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayfreeman: I had that Killmonger theme on repeat. Looked for it as soon as I left the theater lol.

On topic, Black Panther. And people who don't listen to or don't understand rap shouldn't give an opinion on it. Sorry, but you just aren't qualified. I could easily make the argument that Hip Hop requires more creativity and lyrical talent than any other genre of music.

Which by counterpoint makes you biased and also unqualified to give a fair opinion on any 'rap vs anything' topic.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@outside_85 said:

@outside_85 said:
@revan- said:

@kgb725 said:

Yeah, the ability to sing is actually very important in music, I am not sure if you know this but mumbling into the microphone isn't exactly a sign of talent.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal said:

Which by counterpoint makes you biased and also unqualified to give a fair opinion on any 'rap vs anything' topic.

How do you figure? Not in the slightest. I didn't say I listen to hip hop exclusively or that it's always the ideal genre for a score (or even a Black score/soundtrack). You on the other hand referred to it as "insipid junk", "fossilized vomit", and a litany of other things, so I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that I'm the biased one.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

mumbling into the microphone isn't exactly a sign of talent.

Mumbling into the microphone? We're still talking about Kendrick, right?

Mr_FudgePacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always zone out during the credits and wait for the after credit scene as my que to zone back in.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@outside_85 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@outside_85 said:

@outside_85 said:
@revan- said:

@kgb725 said:

Yeah, the ability to sing is actually very important in music, I am not sure if you know this but mumbling into the microphone isn't exactly a sign of talent.

Name 1 song that Kendrick does that

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Mumbling into the microphone? We're still talking about Kendrick, right?

@kgb725 said:
@outside_85 said:

That's not even the only thing wrong with that statement. Honestly, you're both better off leaving it alone. It's like discussing basketball with someone who only knows hockey.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you figure? Not in the slightest. I didn't say I listen to hip hop exclusively or that it's always the ideal genre for a score (or even a Black score/soundtrack). You on the other hand referred to it as "insipid junk", "fossilized vomit", and a litany of other things, so I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that I'm the biased one.

Thing is, I am not hiding my bias. You are, and then you suggest that people who don't listen to rap should just keep quiet because they couldn't possibly have an opinion on music.

@kgb725 said:

This one.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper: You called Kendrick Lamar a "generic scrappy rapper" lmao, I mean that particular song isn't anything great but I've never seen a statement so wrong and I frequently visit the battle forums.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First video made me cringe. Do you find it incredibly annoying when people are clapping or talking in movie theaters and the end/post credits are not even finished yet? I certainly do. Heck, in most movie theatre's I have seen, even with some of my all time favorites, LotR, ID4, etc - that didn't happen, and they deserve it more than any Marvel movie I can think of imho. And it was better they didn't, so we can enjoy the excellence all the way through the credits. Perhaps people are more willing to be too raucous today, or for some reason, in some areas people are more willing to do that.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

BP

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By adamTRMM

This crapster song in the BP end credits was a major letdown considering how good the soundtrack in the movie was. Such a generic, catchy meh. WW on the other hand had one of the best superhero themes as its background.

Anyway, music - WW stomps, visuals - BP, but WW wasn't bad too.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper: You called Kendrick Lamar a "generic scrappy rapper" lmao, I mean that particular song isn't anything great but I've never seen a statement so wrong and I frequently visit the battle forums.

Perhaps he is among the best in the rap scene, but i don't quite reasonate with rap so i have no idea how he compares to others. My point is that a rapper is different than a singer, and putting both in the same song just ruins the song for me.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing is, I am not hiding my bias. You are, and then you suggest that people who don't listen to rap should just keep quiet because they couldn't possibly have an opinion on music.

@kgb725 said:

This one.

Pfft. Okay lol. Now you're literally just making stuff up. Either that or you just didn't read what I said in the first place. It's painfully evident by your posts that when it comes to hip hop, you have limited knowledge at best and virtually no comprehension of the genre (despite all of your nonsensical bluster), ergo you're unqualified. Not a hard concept. And to be honest, the more I see your posts in here, the more I question how well you know music in general. But it makes no sense for me to go back and forth here. I wouldn't debate film with someone who only reads books, wouldn't discuss race with a KKK clansman, wouldn't talk sports with someone who refuses to play, and I'm not gonna defend Hip Hop to someone who doesn't listen, but hates it all the same. Enjoy the rest your day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Credit scrolls....credit scrollls.....that's what we are talking about now...

Alright then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually pay enough attention to these end credit sequences to compare them?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@kgb725 said:

This one.

Pfft. Okay lol. Now you're literally just making stuff up. Either that or you just didn't read what I said in the first place. It's painfully evident by your posts that when it comes to hip hop, you have limited knowledge at best and virtually no comprehension of the genre (despite all of your nonsensical bluster), ergo you're unqualified. Not a hard concept. And to be honest, the more I see your posts in here, the more I question how well you know music in general. But it makes no sense for me to go back and forth here. I wouldn't debate film with someone who only reads books, wouldn't discuss race with a KKK clansman, wouldn't talk sports with someone who refuses to play, and I'm not gonna defend Hip Hop to someone who doesn't listen, but hates it all the same. Enjoy the rest your day.

Well go back to your echo chamber then, if you are so afraid of being faced with people who have a different opinion than your own.