Which do you like more: The Dark Knight or Avengers: Endgame

• 112 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which do you like more: The Dark Knight or Avengers: Endgame (227 votes)

The Dark Knight 63%
Avengers: Endgame 37%

I loved Endgame but after waiting a few days for my hype to settle down, I think TDK is still better. Endgame had a lot more flaws in the form of time-travel plot holes and character assassinations of Thor and Hulk.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK was a better film, but Endgame was a better comic comic book movie by far, and more enjoyable.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending to TDK still gives me goosebumps.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How dare you

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame is not even better than IW to be honest. Or the first two Raimi Spidey films.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@balancedtruth: How dare I not?

Typical. Not sure what I was expecting from you. Somehow you still fell below my expectations.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uugieboogie

Endgame by far, never was too impressed with TDK outside of Joker.

Essem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Essem

TDK is a great film not just a great CBM, while Endgame is a mediocre film and a great CBM.

TDK better script, better performances, better plot. Its better in everything except CGI/green screen bonanza.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dbc884ab14f4
deactivated-5dbc884ab14f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK is not "leagues" ahead of any comic movie. Only good because of the Joker and the tragedy of Heath Ledger. Good story but overall it is boring as shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably The Dark Knight, though it's really close and I feel like my opinion will change upon rewatch.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot believe anyone would vote for that MCU trash.

This site is an MCU cesspool

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the superhero fights were better in EG. But TDK Is much better movie.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Endgame, I'm sorry but the TDK is overrated as hell, it's been beaten a long time ago.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK was a better film, but Endgame was a better comic comic book movie by far, and more enjoyable.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight has become immortalised and mythologised in the CBM community for some reason. I don't know if it's because of Heath Ledger's Joker, that he died after making the film (both?) or that the Nolan-verse brought in a more gritty take on Batman which took the campy Batman and Robin film behind the woodshed and put it out of its misery. Whatever the reason, TDK has grown to the point where it's almost impossible for anyone to be allowed to give any type of opinion on the film that doesn't end with it summarising as "best CBM ever made and will ever be made."

But while it's good, it's just not that damn good. Especially not when it comes to Infinity War/Endgame. Why? Because either of those two films are more than simply a CBM. They're the sum total the MCU's Infinity Saga done in ways that do the characters justice, that do the storylines justice, that do things which no one believed possible.

Endgame is a damn masterpiece because of what it represents, regardless of its faults. And yeah, it does have faults. The Dark Knight is a solid, enjoyable movie with a fantastic villain and an annoying meme quote that refuses to die. As a stand-alone film, it's still a really solid watch. But it's just apples and oranges compared to what Endgame is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76
deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

Endgame, I'm sorry but the TDK is overrated as hell, it's been beaten a long time ago.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the superhero fights were better in EG. But TDK Is much better movie.

I second that.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame. Call my crazy but not a huge fan of Bale duck lips stiff neck Batman. While the movies are good, it’s not huge, ending a series of 20+ movies good like endgame is

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK is far and away a better film.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK is a way better film

Endgame is only good because of hype and fan service

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tdk

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

TDK is probably a better film objectively but Endgame was way more enjoyable/emotional for me

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By byrd42

I hate the whispery voiced Batman. Endgame is way better IMO.

Endgame is going to burn Dark Knight to a cinder, and I am going to enjoy this very, very much.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK is probably a better film objectively but Endgame was way more enjoyable/emotional for me

This is exactly how I feel.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fabricolage

@byrd42 said:

I hate the whispery voiced Batman. Endgame is way better IMO.

Endgame is going to burn Dark Knight to a cinder,

and I am going to enjoy this very, very much.

y...y-you okay there?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ouch, TDK is losing the poll

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Depends on what you're looking for. Endgame is more epic and enjoyable and emotional, but TDK is still the objectively better film by miles and miles in a mismatch.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Endgame by far, never was too impressed with TDK outside of Joker.

TDK is not "leagues" ahead of any comic movie. Only good because of the Joker and the tragedy of Heath Ledger. Good story but overall it is boring as shit.

@gman13 said:
@g2_ said:

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread was "inevitable".

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tdk by a long shot. Tbh Logan was better than endgame.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TDK is leagues ahead.

I'm of two minds about it. I think TDK is the better movie in a lot of regards: the tone was pitch-perfect and a lot more well balanced than the tone of Endgame, the storytelling is far more layered and the script overall does an overall superior job of getting it's themes across than Endgame, but on the other end of the coin, as someone who has been following the MCU for the past 11-years, Endgame had a far more personal, emotional impact on me and holds a special place in my heart. In that sense, I don't want to choose between the two. I'm just glad they both exist.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mexcomics2078

TDK had a more developed story and characters. Endgame is a better superhero movie

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Endgame. Not even close. TBH IW and Endgame are on a completely different level from any other CBM. These were event films, there’s nothing else out there to even compare them to.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight is still a film that I like more. Even though Endgame was amazing, it just doesn’t have the timeless feel for me that The Dark Knight has. But it was still great. People should go to watch it for sure.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame did it. It's my numero uno superhero flick in general. It just hits u hard in the gut man.

TDK I still got love for and in the top 5 somewhere too tho.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK

SHEMMY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Endgame by far especially since I have always preferred Batman Begins over TDK to begin with anyway. Endgame truly surprised and filled me with both giddy joy and tearful sadness. I thought it would be more of Infinity War which I certainly enjoyed, but I felt it was more of a theme park ride than a movie. Endgame was much more emotional than that. I have great respect for The Dark Knight, but the "sad parts" never made me feel sad. Not so with Endgame where, I kid you not, I nearly cried three times during the course of the movie. I wasn't expecting that.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame is a better superhero movie

The dark knight is a better movie

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame is not even better than IW to be honest. Or the first two Raimi Spidey films.

I agree with this.

TDK is far better than Endgame for me.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-this has gotta be a joke. once the hype dies down, this type of foolishness will stop.
I enjoyed endgame but it was ridiculously flawed.

ferber08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame by miles. Endgame's achievement is beyond any other superhero movie will ever come close to achieve. The Russos managed to put every single character from 11 years and 15 movies in the same freaking movie closing an arch beautifully. It is nothing short of epic. This movie will be remembered forever.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FaradaySloth

Lmao just stop. TDK stomps. TDK is practically that one film in any genre where it's critically acclaimed but since we all have that little "rebel" side we just say it's overrated and that it's garbage compared to other blockbusters.

I mean, creating different topics of "Oh well in terms of being a comic book movie...or in terms of being an action movie..." just stop. Who the hell is asking that? It's about what is the better film, and TDK stomps on any MCU movie with the exceptions being IM and TWS. It's not close.

The only thing EG is better in is action (obviously) and VFX (obviously) What else does EG have over TDK? Box Office? More Stars? More Hype? Objectivity is lost at this point.

Nothing has changed. Though this did happen to IW, so expect after a few weeks everyone will come to reality and still accept TDK being the superior film.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FaradaySloth

@phisigmatau said:

-this has gotta be a joke. once the hype dies down, this type of foolishness will stop.

I enjoyed endgame but it was ridiculously flawed.

Agreed. I don't know why people still compare new "big" CBM to the TDK, even though that in itself is proof of how TDK will remain the King of Superhero flicks for years to come. A movie with a superhero with zero superpowers somehow is the favorite in a movie with dozens of superheroes, explosions, cool battles, etc.

It's hilarious how people haven't realized this detail still.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@phisigmatau: @faradaysloth: True. As good as Infinity War and Endgame are, they will lose hype over the years and we will see how good the movies truly are. Don’t get me wrong, they are in the top 10 best CBM films of all time, but The Dark Knight will remain a timeless classic for years to come because of stellar performances, a fantastic plot, great acting and intriguing concepts.

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao just stop. TDK stomps. TDK is practically that one film in any genre where it's critically acclaimed but since we all have that little "rebel" side we just say it's overrated and that it's garbage compared to other blockbusters.

I mean, creating different topics of "Oh well in terms of being a comic book movie...or in terms of being an action movie..." just stop. Who the hell is asking that? It's about what is the better film, and TDK stomps on any MCU movie with the exceptions being IM and TWS. It's not close.

The only thing EG is better in is action (obviously) and VFX (obviously) What else does EG have over TDK? Box Office? More Stars? More Hype? Objectivity is lost at this point.

Nothing has changed. Though this did happen to IW, so expect after a few weeks everyone will come to reality and still accept TDK being the superior film.

TDK was full of lazy writing and plot contrivances and needed an omnipotent villain to work. And that ending was just nonsense. Endgame had way more ambition and creativity put into it, and was nowhere near as pretentious or full of itself.

Yes, Endgame had bigger stars, better acting, less predictability, etc.