• 59 results
#1 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio

who ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
#3 Posted by deactivated-5beeed406e9c9 (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#5 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16256 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say. I mean The Trinity just had trouble grabbing Harley Quinn so there's that lol.

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say. I mean The Trinity just had trouble grabbing Harley Quinn so there's that lol.

ohh yeah lol

#7 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator solos.

#8 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i read your about me lol you are a funny guy

#10 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor said:
@empressofdread said:

Gladiator solos.

some feats please

He doesn't have any, he busted a planet then got KOd from a fall from Orbit.

#11 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#12 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16256 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal said:

Thank you lol.

#13 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor said:
@indomitableregal said:

Thank you lol.

you are welcome

#15 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

must be painful debating for Gladiator.

#16 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13842 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash solos.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#17 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16635 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos

#18 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash, almost any fast character and in a different way anyone related to Batman or Deathstroke are strong contenders, but then there are Surfer, Gladiator and in a different way Cap and Logan on the other side.

#19 Posted by Michaelbn (2438 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by supermanthor2 (26 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Michaelbn (2438 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by supermanthor2 (26 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by mega6382 (1984 posts) - - Show Bio

Both equally

#24 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel solos . LOL

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#25 Edited by The_living_tribunal_24 (6590 posts) - - Show Bio

Mid/high/herald tier characters always job to lower characters, because "muhh skill counters your ftl movements".

#26 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Jobberseid solos.

#27 Posted by Batvibe12 (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Marvel.

#28 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#29 Edited by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

DC jobs more regularly, especially characters with Superspeed and planet strength having issues against villains who they should be taking down with ease.

Marvel jobs more memorably, with some of their premier high tier characters having some rather horrendous showings.

#30 Posted by Supermanthor (20390 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#31 Posted by adamTRMM (9245 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by yeimsick (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Odin or Gladiator Solos

#34 Posted by RabumAlal (5192 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor gets mad at this thread, says some old battly stuff, sparkles and gets one/two-shotted.

#35 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: He doesn't have any, he busted a planet then got KOd from a fall from Orbit.

Old post, but if you are talking about Incredible Hulk Annual 1997, he wasn't KOed. Hulk and he were up on their feet within a few seconds tops, so he was a little dazed at best.

#36 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Ok. I was wrong about that, but if he can planet bust with physical hits that shouldn't have happened. Also, there are other examples of him jobbing.

#37 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread: Well I definitely agree that Gladiator is more talk than action.

#38 Edited by Rey_King (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait what dies... "JOB" mean in this context

#39 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11108 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much every DC powerhouse jobs to be honest. If you actually look at their feats and characters that give them trouble, you know that they are intentionally holding back. Superman, The Flash and Darkseid are good examples of how much they make their characters job.

There is also Batman who is able to trade blows with cosmic tier characters and yet were are supposed to believe that he still struggles with street levellers. If they were serious 100% of the time, most of their enemies would die in a heart beat. And that’s only the tip of the iceberg.

#40 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Just out of curiosity, why do you think Darkseid is a jobber?

#41 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Some Marvel characters exist for no other reason than to job to heroes and occasionally to other jobbers. Wrecking Crew, Rhino, Tiger Shark, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Terrax, Gladiator...

#42 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11108 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: He’s been jobbing since the day that he showed up. He has feats that say he can wipe out the Justice League in the span of minutes and yet he never uses them. For example, one lesser known feat of New 52 Darkseid is that he once busted a planet with nothing but omega beams, that alone would kill 90% of the characters that he fights. And yet he rarely uses them.

Here is the scan:

No Caption Provided

#43 Posted by superman52445 (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer jobb solos

#44 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: He’s been jobbing since the day that he showed up. He has feats that say he can wipe out the Justice League in the span of minutes and yet he never uses them.

He has done nothing to suggest he can smash the Justice League by himself. Superman alone can and has given him hard fights and even sent him packing, under multiple writers. The same applies to someone like Orion.

I'm not sure what you mean by the day he showed up?

For example, one lesser known feat of New 52 Darkseid is that he once busted a planet with nothing but omega beams, that alone would kill 90% of the characters that he fights.

If you are talking about his fight with Highfather, the only thing that was busted was the planet's surface. It was a retcon iirc.

And yet he rarely uses them.

He has used them though.

#45 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11108 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

@mister_surreal: He’s been jobbing since the day that he showed up. He has feats that say he can wipe out the Justice League in the span of minutes and yet he never uses them.

"He has done nothing to suggest he can smash the Justice League by himself. Superman alone can and has given him hard fights and even sent him packing, under multiple writers. The same applies to someone like Orion."

Creates large explosion...

And knocks down everyone who can't escape (including Superman)

If you are referencing Post Crisis Darkseid, please know that he is called "Jobberseid" for a reason. He wasn't originally created to be someone who Superman can solo, he instead was just a villain that Superman occasionally fought but would mop the floor with him. The same goes for Orion. He only beats Darkseid because of the prophecy and helping of PIS. Post Crisis Darkseid if a joke of what he is supposed to be in his fights with Superman.

"I'm not sure what you mean by the day he showed up?"

In Pre Crisis when he first showed up and started wrecking Superman and other powerhouses yet would somehow always found a way to lose.

For example, one lesser known feat of New 52 Darkseid is that he once busted a planet with nothing but omega beams, that alone would kill 90% of the characters that he fights.

"If you are talking about his fight with Highfather, the only thing that was busted was the planet's surface. It was a retcon iirc."

It was a recton that is now official canon. Either way, the panel still says that he destroyed the world.

And yet he rarely uses them.

"He has used them though."

Yes, but rarely.

#46 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

You are talking about a weaker, inexperienced version of the league and even then, all he did was knock them down. He didn't even win the encounter....

If you are referencing Post Crisis Darkseid, please know that he is called "Jobberseid" for a reason.

To be honest, he is called Jobberseid by people who really want him to be at a level they think he belongs at, rather than actually looking at his feat history.

Struggling with Superman level characters is the norm for him and thus it's not jobbing.

He wasn't originally created to be someone who Superman can solo, he instead was just a villain that Superman occasionally fought but would mop the floor with him. The same goes for Orion. He only beats Darkseid because of the prophecy and helping of PIS. Post Crisis Darkseid if a joke of what he is supposed to be in his fights with Superman.

If you are talking about his Pre Crisis days, he has never fought Superman. Not even once. Post Crisis, he has struggled with, if not outright lost to, Superman under three different writers - Jeph Loeb, Alan Burnett and Chuck Austen. At least.

And Orion was prophesied to slay him in battle one day, but that doesn't mean he is his Kryptonite. It's not really PIS when it happens frequently and like Superman, he has displayed the ability to harm Darkseid under his own power. Remember, it was he who killed him during Countdown #2.

In Pre Crisis when he first showed up and started wrecking Superman and other powerhouses yet would somehow always found a way to lose.

I have no idea what stories you have been reading, but that couldn't be more further from the truth. Pre-crisis Darkseid has never fought Superman.

He was never this uber powerful, league wrecking entity either. In Justice League of America (1960) #185, Firestorm of all people brought him to his knees and forced him to retreat by easily redirecting his beams back at him. Honestly, I don't think he has even fought a notable powerhouse in the pre crisis era, besides Orion (with mixed results).

It was a recton that is now official canon. Either way, the panel still says that he destroyed the world.

Well, the world wasn't destroyed.

Yes, but rarely.

Define rarely.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#47 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4589 posts) - - Show Bio

@lawcol said:

DC jobs more regularly, especially characters with Superspeed and planet strength having issues against villains who they should be taking down with ease.

Marvel jobs more memorably, with some of their premier high tier characters having some rather horrendous showings.

This

#48 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11108 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

@mister_surreal:

"You are talking about a weaker, inexperienced version of the league and even then, all he did was knock them down. He didn't even win the encounter...."

He had everyone lying in rubble for a good few seconds and with a single attack that he casually launched. Everyone who was hit but Superman was put down for a notable amount of time. If it was that easy then it suggests that he could done it a few more times to put them down for good. If not that then he could has used his omega beams more, as shown when he used them to one shot Superman.

If you are referencing Post Crisis Darkseid, please know that he is called "Jobberseid" for a reason.

"To be honest, he is called Jobberseid by people who really want him to be at a level they think he belongs at, rather than actually looking at his feat history.

Struggling with Superman level characters is the norm for him and thus it's not jobbing."

Yeah, I'll get to my counter in a minute.

He wasn't originally created to be someone who Superman can solo, he instead was just a villain that Superman occasionally fought but would mop the floor with him. The same goes for Orion. He only beats Darkseid because of the prophecy and helping of PIS. Post Crisis Darkseid if a joke of what he is supposed to be in his fights with Superman.

"If you are talking about his Pre Crisis days, he has never fought Superman. Not even once. Post Crisis, he has struggled with, if not outright lost to, Superman under three different writers - Jeph Loeb, Alan Burnett and Chuck Austen. At least.

And Orion was prophesied to slay him in battle one day, but that doesn't mean he is his Kryptonite. It's not really PIS when it happens frequently and like Superman, he has displayed the ability to harm Darkseid under his own power. Remember, it was he who killed him during Countdown #2."

I guess you are right, they never had an actual fight.

Treats Superman like a joke

Chokes Superman and throws him like trash

Causally incapacitates Superman

Easily restrains Superman

Darkseid actually didn't get affected by the change in post crisis which means that he retains all of his Pre Crsisi feats. Which means, he would fodderize Post Crsis Superman and characters his tier in seconds. Hence Jobbersied. As I said, anything post crisis makes a joke out of OG Darkseid.

"I have no idea what stories you have been reading, but that couldn't be more further from the truth. Pre-crisis Darkseid has never fought Superman.

He was never this uber powerful, league wrecking entity either. In Justice League of America (1960) #185, Firestorm of all people brought him to his knees and forced him to retreat by easily redirecting his beams back at him. Honestly, I don't think he has even fought a notable powerhouse in the pre crisis era, besides Orion (with mixed results)."

I have already shown otherwise. More proof:

One shots Kalibak

Plays with Superman and Infinity Man

Casually switches the position of Apokolips and Daxam

Out maneuvers Orion

Resurrects his army

Tosses away Captain Atom

Creates avatars from beyond the grave

Can make avatars from inside the source wall

One shots Kalibak again

Just to name a few.

"Well, the world wasn't destroyed."

Based on what the panel says, we can assume that the massive amount of rubble was the planet after it was hit by the omega beam. Take it up with the writer and the artist if you still don't agree.

Yes, but rarely.

"Define rarely."

Not as often as he should.

#49 Posted by BruceRogers (17467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: A lot of your scans are out of context. I'll address them soon.

#50 Edited by Mister_Surreal (11108 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Alright. I will gladly admit that I'm mistaken if I can't show you any feats to prove my point.