Which comic book character had the better written stories? Batman or Daredevil?

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which comic book character had the better written stories? Batman or Daredevil? (29 votes)

Batman comics generally had better written stories between 1986 to 2016 48%
Daredevil comics generally had better written stories between 1986 to 2016 31%
I am not sure / Abstain 21%

for this poll i am specifically referring to the quality of the character's stories in comic books between the year 1986 (When The Dark Knight Returns was released) and 2016.

I have read the recent Batman comics, along with The Killing Joke and I thought they have some intriguing characterization and plot (Batman Zero Year, Batman Death of the Family, etc)... but some people on the forum had argued before that Daredevil comic books had a better quality of writing? I've yet to read Daredevil so I am wondering if that's true.

Hence this thread here to hear more from both sides.

I guess I should give a note here that this poll is ONLY for those comic book readers who have at least read half a dozen of BOTH Batman AND Daredevil comics. Then only you are actually fit to judge. Otherwise just select "I am not sure". Thank you.

• 
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This would be closer if DD went back to the Miller years. (Early 80's). Especially for me as I was not that fond of the Bendis DD run, which many people loved. Since the New 52 Snyder's Batman run has always been better than DD...regardless of DD's writer. Batman has also has Knight Fall, No Man's Land, TDKR, Year One,The Killing Joke (If you count that as a Batman Story. I think Year One and TKJ are since 1986..not sure) The Long Halloween, HUSH, RIP etc.. In fact, for Marvel/DC heroes, I'd say Batman has probably been better over that time than any title.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73afcc9b00
deactivated-57e73afcc9b00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil would win easily if you went back to 1981 and included Miller's original run. Daredevil would also stomp if this was only from 1986-2011. But 1986 did have what is considered the best Daredevil comic Frank Miller ever wrote (Born Again). Miller's work on Batman was not on the same level as his work on Daredevil in my opinion. Wolfman and Dixon were great on Batman during the late 80's and early 90's, but Ann Nocenti and Daniel Chichester were doing the same for Daredevil. In the late 90's Daredevil had Kevin Smith writing one of the few good comics he has written with Guardian Devil and the early 2000's had Bendis doing great on Daredevil while Greg Rucka was doing great with Batman. Brubaker beats Morrison in my opinion. Then we get to 2011 where Mark Ward started his terrible run on Daredevil compared to Snyder's run on Batman. Snyder beats Waid easy.

If you look at the percentage of great comics over the last 30 years Daredevil wins. Batman might of had more great comics due to him sometimes having up to four books at once but he also had more bad comics.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think their equal when it comes to their classic stories but on average, Batman`s stories tend to be a little more impressive and effective.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They both are one of my favorite characters and both have their share of exciting stories which I can read till my eyes pop out.That said, I like prefer reading Daredevil a little more since I can relate to him a bit more than Batman.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman but its probably close

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

From what I've read so far

DD has had more great stories, but when Batman's good, he's just phenomenal.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read so far

DD has had more great stories, but when Batman's good, he's just phenomenal.

+1