Which cinematic version of Batman is more faithful to the comics in terms of story and visuals? Christian Bale or Ben Affleck?

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which cinematic version of Batman is more faithful to the comics in terms of story and visuals? Christian Bale or Ben Affleck? (19 votes)

There is at least one film listed in the opening post that I did not watch / I did not read Batman comics at all 0%
Christian Bale's Batman is more faithful in both story and visuals 42%
Christian Bale's Batman is more faithful in terms of story but Ben Affleck's Batman is more faithful in terms of visuals 26%
Christian Bale's Batman is more faithful in terms of visuals but Ben Affleck's Batman is more faithful in terms of story 0%
Ben Affleck's Batman is more faithful in both story and visuals 32%

To be able to answer whether Christian Bale or Ben Affleck's portrayals of Batman is more faithful to the comics in terms of story or visuals, you must:

• Read at least some Batman comics
  • Watched Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
  • Watched Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Justice League (2017)

If you did not fulfill at least one of the above criteria, please stay at one side and watch the debate.

Discuss your choice and why do you think Christian Bale/Ben Affleck has a more accurate portrayal in that particular aspect. With some examples too, if you need to.

• 
GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

come on, guys, why aren't there any discussion on the most popular character on comicvine?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say bale for both. Characterization is obvious. For visuals a case can be made for affleck but there both pretty faithful in that regard.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Affleck he was pretty much the punisher in a batsuit

Unusedusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will give Bale the characterizations of Batman while I'll give Affleck the visuals due to how comic accurate his suit and mannerisms are as Batman.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale for both.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale acts more like Batman, but Affleck looks the part more.