Which Batman introduction scene did you like more?

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Batman introduction scene did you like more? (60 votes)

Batflecks Introduction 40%
Balemans Introduction 60%

Batfleck

or Baleman

My vote goes to Batfleck. God damn, his introduction is terrifying. This is the definitive batman for me. A force of nature, a demon, that scares everyone shitless yet only targets criminals.

Like seriously, the girls dont even refer to him as a person. They refer to him as "it" and as a malevolent demon. This is exactly what batman should do. Strike fear into the hearts of everyone.

• 
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By stormshadow_x

Baleman's was cool but Batfleck gave us a true perspective of what I beleive everyone one save for Jim, The Batfamily and his Rouges see batman as, a creature of the night with almost supernatural abilities.

The wall crawling sold it for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Baleman.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keaton

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale; not even close. That one scene essentially defined the gameplay in the Arkham games.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Begins stomps.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Baleman

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baleman's was cool but Batfleck gave us a true perspective of what I beleive everyone one save for Jim, The Batfamily and his Rouges see batman as, a creature of the night with almost supernatural abilities.

The wall crawling sold it for me.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfleck FTW.

Now if Baleman's intro was the sewer scene in TDKR when he's taking out Bane's goons, that's a different story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!

here

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAZAHS117

Bale

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bio Guyver

Bale.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfleck

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily Bale's. Affleck's wall crawling was kind of cool but it was also a bit ridiculous and not something Batman would really ever do. I mean why is he just chilling in the corner waiting to scare a cop?

Bale hanging upside down from a crane, snatching guys from the darkness and being unseen was a lot better. Affleck just looked kind of silly, especially with the branding crap.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Slayz

Lol how is Batfleck above 10%

Baleman is obviously the answer.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"

"...here."

That is far more frightening and intimidating that Batfleck's stupid looking corner hanging/wall crawling. In fact, that scene in Batman Begins is probably the best live action Batman scene ever filmed. Yes, better than the Warehouse.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfleck. He was goddamn scary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Baleman was overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale and it's not even remotely close.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baleman stomps, come on now. What does Batfleck have going for him there? Silly music really.

I said it back when the Batmobile sequences of both films were compared, Balemans scene actually has a story, Batfleck is all about just looking good even at the cost of logic and sense. As someone mentioned why the F*ck was he chilling there? Even in the fabled warehouse scene he just goes guns blazing leaving Martha endangered. Baleman would have saved Martha first. Zack Snyders story telling is horrid.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mrmonster

Batfleck

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Baleman would have died.

Fighting fodder? haha NO. He would have picked them apart one by one using stealth, actual tactics like he did in the Prewitt building sequence, darts like in Rises.

Batfleck was a muscle bound tank with skill, he's the most overrated Batman to ever exist. His fighting style is a lot more appropriate for comic Bane not Batman.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Baleman. As much as intimidating as it was in BvS when Batman first appeared, Baleman's introduction just stomps. In a way it's scarier, it's dark as well and actually comes at a very good moment of the movie.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: yeah hes going to pick them off when theyre in such close proximity with guns loaded. they would have killed batfleck with their guns had he not disabled them before the fight even began

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BALEMAN! I'd been waiting for a scene like this since I rediscovered Batman at 16. I've never seen any Batman scene before or since this awesome.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

"WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"

"...here."

That is far more frightening and intimidating that Batfleck's stupid looking corner hanging/wall crawling. In fact, that scene in Batman Begins is probably the best live action Batman scene ever filmed. Yes, better than the Warehouse.

^ Yup.

Bale's intro was a well crafted reveal, which served as the turning point for an amazing film. Its hard to appreciate how unbelievable the thought of a gritty, grounded, and intelligent Batman origin film was if you didnt grow up watching the increasingly ridiculous series which proceeded it. The thugs on the dock are terrified, we can see it. Batman finally becomes the urban legend and avenger in Bale's reveal, and we got to see it all come together in that very scene. It defined what Batman on screen could be.

Affleck's reveal was pandering to fifteen year old boys who wanted Batman to be cooler and darker than the Nolan iteration. Whereas Bale's reveal was a methodical and imaginative new take on what a cinematic Batman could be, Affleck's relied on dilapidated scenery and derivative dialogue in which we're told how Batman comes off like a demon and scares people rather than ya know, being shown it in a film.

@entropy_aegis: yeah hes going to pick them off when theyre in such close proximity with guns loaded. they would have killed batfleck with their guns had he not disabled them before the fight even began

Uh, yeah he would, just like he did to the guys on the dock. Bunch of guys armed and grouped close together, all taken out with little to no difficulty. But BvS fanboys gonna fanboy.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

"WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"

"...here."

^ Yup.

Bale's intro was a well crafted reveal, which served as the turning point for an amazing film. Its hard to appreciate how unbelievable the thought of a gritty, grounded, and intelligent Batman origin film was if you didnt grow up watching the increasingly ridiculous series which proceeded it. The thugs on the dock are terrified, we can see it. Batman finally becomes the urban legend and avenger in Bale's reveal, and we got to see it all come together in that very scene. It defined what Batman on screen could be.

Affleck's reveal was pandering to fifteen year old boys who wanted Batman to be cooler and darker than the Nolan iteration. Whereas Bale's reveal was a methodical and imaginative new take on what a cinematic Batman could be, Affleck's relied on dilapidated scenery and derivative dialogue in which we're told how Batman comes off like a demon and scares people rather than ya know, being shown it in a film.

@thelastdragonborn said:

Uh, yeah he would, just like he did to the guys on the dock. Bunch of guys armed and grouped close together, all taken out with little to no difficulty. But BvS fanboys gonna fanboy.

Ha. Yeah he isnt taking them down. the dock guys were idiots and all split up.

Baleman wont be able to do his inverted takedowns in a small warehouse.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Only the first couple are split up, so I guess you missed the part where he drops into the middle of a dozen armed thugs and takes them all out in a couple seconds.

So the fodder on the dock are idiots, but the fodder in the warehouse are criminal masterminds? Thanks for clearing that up.

After just rewatching the warehouse scene, Bale's Batman clears way quicker, and with less difficulty. Affleck's Batman is sloppy and reckless putting on a big show so he looks cool for the fanboys. Bale drops a smoke bomb, so they cant see or shoot (they'd just be shooting each other) and quickly/quietly takes them out. No need for a big entrance, or to throw some crates around and look cool. He would have had Mrs. Kent untied and been out the door before the smoke cleared. Don't forget, with intelligence and tactics he had his own, much better warehouse-esque scene at the end of TDK, with many more hostages to worry about, and an entire swat team he left unharmed.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patera_all:

Maybe.

Let me tell you this though... Batfleck wouldnt struggle with two dogs :p

(PS nolan batman movies are the best, i just prefer batflecks more cb accurate portrayal)

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Haha, my only defense here is that I doubt either Batman would want to hurt the dogs too bad.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patera_all: Maybe not Batfleck in BvS. He literally gave no shits in that movie lol

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Black_Arrow

I would be surprised if the creators of the Arkham games weren't inspired by this scene when they desing the predator mode. It's such a great scene showing how Batman operates.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Dude, I actually considered whether or not I thought Batfleck would hurt a dog, and I think he's still a good guy, despite the pessimism. If the officer unloading the shotgun was spared due to his ignorance, then the dog deserves the same consideration.