Which are you more excited for: Across the Spider-Verse or The Flash?

• 56 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ghostodoofus2  Online

Poll Which are you more excited for: Across the Spider-Verse or The Flash? (73 votes)

Across the Spider-Verse 60%
The Flash 40%

Thought about making this poll a month or so ago but decided that the second trailer for The Flash had to come out for the votes to be closer.

• 
Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Across The Spider-Verse, not even close.

Based on the Flash trailer alone, the movie already looks like it's gonna be garbage, i mean did you see Batmans suit? I'm only gonna watch it for feats.

zummi_gummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash. I have zero emotional attachment to Batkeaton so it's not because of nostalgia. The movie just seems genuinely fun

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SixPathsOfCapra

I have seen enough Spiderman crossovers. Flash

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By batstroke2000

Not really looking forward to either but Spiderverse. That new Flash promo is one of the worst trailers I've ever seen and makes me want to not watch the movie. And no, Ezra Miller has nothing to do with it, in fact, I want WB to keep Ezra.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash because of Michael Keaton

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zafros13

The Flash seems to have visual flair, a fun story, is spoken highly of, and has Keaton Batman(not my favorite Batman, but I think he’s the most skilled actor to play Batman.) and Zod (likely the best DCEU performance) Also the other Supergirl adaptations have been pretty poor so its cool that I think this will be our first cool Supergirl.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flash tbh

seeing the kryptonians again is just sweet

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr-yes

@jurance said:

Across The Spider-Verse, not even close.

Based on the Flash trailer alone, the movie already looks like it's gonna be garbage, i mean did you see Batmans suit? I'm only gonna watch it for feats.

I’m not gonna watch it at all Lmao, looks that bad

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash due to Keaton and Sasha.

Ironically, the fact that there are so many Spiders has made me lower my hype, since most of them surely die within 5 seconds.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Across the spider verse by far. Also Batman looks ass

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash right now. Amazing trailer.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie, I'm actually favoring The Flash as of now. It's got me majorly hyped for Batman, and I'm kinda liking Supergirl's look as well. Plus Zod returning and the action looking pretty dope. Make no mistake though; Keaton, Calle, and Shannon are definitely the draw for me. I've never been all that into Flash at the best of times, and Ezra Miller never sold me on the character even before he went nuts.

Spider-Verse still looks incredible though. The villain is what has me most hyped for that film, something I don't think Flash has in its corner. Is Zod even the main antagonist?

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy ass choice, Flash obv, made me forget that a spider verse is coming too

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash was hype but Into the spider verse is still my favorite movie ever so if I had I to watch one I'd watch spider verse.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:

Ong like what were the directors even thinking when they designed that custom.

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Idk I just really liked it. Played it on Netflix at a friend's house one day. CBMs are 75% of the movies I've watched till now

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mr-yes
@jurance said:

@mr-yes said:

Ikr, my first throught was “wtf is this” when I saw him lmao

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:
@jurance said:

@mr-yes said:

Are you guys for real? It’s basically the same exact suit he had before, except it looks even better.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:
@jurance said:

@mr-yes said:

Are you guys for real? It’s basically the same exact suit he had before, except it looks even better.

It looks like shit lmao

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:
@a_fine_edition said:
@mr-yes said:
@jurance said:

@mr-yes said:

It looks like shit lmao

Ok on second watch it’s not as bad as I thought, still not as good as previous ones IMO. Also I change my mind to Flash

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition said:

@mr-yes said:
@jurance said:

@mr-yes said:

No dude, it's completely different and utterly trash.

The first one was not good but still much better then this one.

Avatar image for taurusaldebaran
TaurusAldebaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a joke?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really that fond of animated films.

Had no anticipations to see The Flash either until the trailer dropped. Now its Flash all day every day. The fact that it's now my most anticipated since Infinite War/Endgame is saying something.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arctika

Flash, no contest. Mile's is a boring Spider-Man that I just don't care much for to be honest and outside of a few Spider-Men, most of them will be fodder. In The Flash we're getting some of the best Batman's in one film, a last hoorah for the old DCEU into a new one and looks like it'll go out with a bang.

lol @ Batman's outfit looking bad? No the suit looks amazing. Obviously kids who grew up during the mid to late 2000's would think that..... No you want bad, look at that crappy animation style in this Spider-Man movie looks like Netflix quality animation. Garbo.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance:it’s really not that different. This is the OG suit from ‘89

No Caption Provided

This is the redesign from Batman Returns in ‘92

No Caption Provided

And this is his new suit

No Caption Provided

It looks virtually the same. I’m not even the biggest fan of Keaton’s costume or his Batman in general, but I don’t think it’s utterly terrible either. It’s certainly unique and makes his version of the character stand out, especially since the comics have very rarely utilized this design.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition: Good point. There are some minor changes such as he seems to have more fluid movement now and not having to move shoulders first turning his whole body, his head seems to be able to have more movement now than in the Burton films, looks like he ditched the bright yellow Batbelt for another. I agree it's very unique and his Bat icon was also in the comics which looks pretty cool. I never understood the hate for Keaton's suit to be honest, also as someone who's suit is not my favorite but it definitely doesn't look terrible either I agree.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: tbf it's arguably the best cbm of all time. It's my personal favorite at least. I think it, tdk, sm2, and like, idk maybe nwh and tws are contenders for best cbm

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Flash for rn, spiderverse has some insane expectations to fill

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vjbthe3: I would respectfully disagree on that TDK will always be the top dog for me as far as arguably the best comic book film of all time, Ledger's performance alone can't be matched by anyone else in DC or Marvel honestly but I do love the Tobey movies(first 2) and NWH a lot.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Across the Spiderverse by such a large margin it's indescribable.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghostodoofus2  Online

Bump

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderverse

DC's live action stuff is literal garbage

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By arctika

DC's stuff past few years has been better than MCU's recent crap so Flash still. DC animated movies stomp both MCU live, animated and DC live stuff though.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: name an animated DC movie as good as Enter the spider verse?

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By arctika

@vjbthe3: Flashpoint Paradox, Return of the Joker, Sub-Zero, Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Year One, The Long Halloween, JL Doom, The Dark Knight Returns, Under the Red Hood and quite a few others are all as good and or actually much better than Spider-Verse. The animation is also janky af and ugly in Spider-Verse.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, easily.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl said:

Across the Spiderverse by such a large margin it's indescribable.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: objectively you're wrong, but subjectively, sure. We're all allowed opinions. Some people think Thor the dark world is the best Thor film, who am I to say they're wrong

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By arctika
@vjbthe3 said:

@arctika: objectively you're wrong, but subjectively, sure. We're all allowed opinions. Some people think Thor the dark world is the best Thor film, who am I to say they're wrong

Well technically by general feedback, objectively speaking and from everything I've read not just on here but in general I would be right given how majority feel on DC animated projects vs Marvel's. I mean hell even RT actually rated Flashpoint higher than Spiderverse. Here's the deal lets' be honest and objective here, one good movie doesn't make up for well the rest of their failed movies over the years in that particular medium compared to DC ones, most of those have higher critical ratings and on par, same or higher audience feedback. Not that go by RT exclusively because I don't(ie Shazam vs Captain Marvel yeah...nuff said) lol but my point is, your example next to nobody would agree with that being the best Thor movie.

My example pretty sure majority would agree or at the very least be a hell of a lot higher than those who think Thor the Dark World is the "best" thor film which is Flashpoint and Under the Red Hood specifically being better movies than Spider-Verse, not to mention the animation style but this is a preference I suppose...but like you said at the end of day we all have our opinions. To be fair, this is one reason why I am not too hyped for the new TMNT, they literally just took Spider-Verse's style, I get it they're aiming at kids but still not a fan.

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have zero hype for the Flash especially because dc's movie that aren't about Batman or directed by James Gunn are garbage. Into the Spider Verse is one of the best animated movies recently so its sequel I am very hyped for

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: enter the spider verse has more sales, more accolades, and more reviews than every movie you just mentioned. Objectively it's the best animated comic book film. Flashpoint has a higher score because it has 6 reviews compared to the 300 that spider verse has, and even tho it also has more fan reviews by like thousands, spider verse still has an even fan score to flashpoint.

Even Batman mask of the phantasm, considered by many to be the best animated Batman film, didn't win best animated feature the year it came out. And even tho you dislike the animation, the visual effects society gave it 4 awards.

Granted Thor the dark world is objectively the worst Thor film, but spiderman is objectively the best. Once the quality is actually comparable, then subjectivity becomes part of the discussion.

I can agree with your other point, one great movie doesn't make up for a lackluster track record in comparison to your competitors

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By arctika
@vjbthe3 said:

@arctika: enter the spider verse has more sales, more accolades, and more reviews than every movie you just mentioned. Objectively it's the best animated comic book film. Flashpoint has a higher score because it has 6 reviews compared to the 300 that spider verse has, and even tho it also has more fan reviews by like thousands, spider verse still has an even fan score to flashpoint.

Even Batman mask of the phantasm, considered by many to be the best animated Batman film, didn't win best animated feature the year it came out. And even tho you dislike the animation, the visual effects society gave it 4 awards.

Granted Thor the dark world is objectively the worst Thor film, but spiderman is objectively the best. Once the quality is actually comparable, then subjectivity becomes part of the discussion.

I can agree with your other point, one great movie doesn't make up for a lackluster track record in comparison to your competitors

Sales just mean profits, Captain Marvel made more sales than Shazam and WW but everyone knows the latter are much better movies by miles. It's not the best comic book movie, sales don't define quality. In fact historically speaking it's a fact that DC>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel with animated movies.

Oh 6 reviews you say. While true. Keep in mind Marvel animated films have even less(I guess critics didn't feel the need to waste their time IDK?) Now don't get me wrong, I never take critics in general seriously since the Captain Marvel fiasco, but even you have to admit while there's also a less amount for DC animated movies compared to live films for both DC and MCU, at least they have more than zero or just 5 for Marvel animated projects...A lot of animated movies don't get any critics or hardly any, most of the DC ones have a decent amount of 10+ at least some cases 20-30 etc.

You'll notice Marvel's highest scored animated movie which is Spider-Verse is lower than DC's highest which is The Dark Knight Returns, so actually DC is better if we compare critical and audience ratings to each other. Besides DC historically being better, this isn't even debatable. This would be as foolish as debating DCEU being as good as MCU, it's not and neither are Marvel's animated movies to DC's...just the way it is.

Yeah but awards to be fair now days don't amount to much when the system has checkboxes to abide by. However, If you want to talk awards ok well DC has 2 oscars for performances, at least those are more viable than the other rewards typically speaking in most cases. Not even MCU has that...And both of them are for Joker, I don't see anyone in marvel animated or live getting oscars for performances like Ledger and Phoenix, just saying. That's a much harder aware to get than best animated film of the year. To be fair, MOTP was going up against Lion King, Nightmare before Christmas. Lion King dominated everything it would have beaten Spider-Verse as well, let's be real...Spider-Verse's comp was weak compared to Lion King and NMBC.. The Lion King is one of the best animated movies from Disney, period. It's a much better film than both MOTP and Spider-Verse, the voice acting, the story, the animation everything was just better. Spider-Verse beat Incredibles 2” and “Ralph Breaks the Internet” “Isle of Dogs” and Japanese adventure “Mirai. The latter 2 I heard nothing much of, in fact Ralph I heard was bad. So you figure Incredibles was the main comp. That being said none of those are Lion King. I'm sure you'd agree on that at least.

At any rate, I took the time to compare DC's best animated to Marvel's best, and keep in mind these aren't even all of DC's good movies with animation...I noticed you mentioned awards for not even TAS movies got best animated movie for the year but they did get a plethora of other awards best animated series, writing, voice acting etc during the 90's but I digress.

Marvel's best Spider-Verse has 97% critical reception vs 93 % audience/fans

No Caption Provided

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vs

DC's animated highest rated movie of Batman:The Dark Knight Returns 100% critical vs 93% audience as well as JL Flashpoint and Batman Under the Redhood is 1% difference under audience, which is nothing obivously...

No Caption Provided

So you have 3 DC movies on par and/or better than Spider-Verse by critical and fan reception...just saying

I'm glad we agree that in general with the animated medium it's not a contest. But hey both Flashpoint and Spider-Verse for comic book movies are solid, I just personally prefer Flashpoint and Redhood more of the 3.

ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 122

Across The Spider-Verse because the first film was great and it looks like the sequel will up the ante. Flash looks like it could be a jarring mess and the lead actor is a lunatic who regularly assaults and chokes their fans. I like having Affleck and Keaton in the same film, but it doesn't look like they actually interact which was a massive part of what made No Way Home fun.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn’t finish the first Spiderverse movie, so I won’t be clamoring to see the next one.

Flash.