Which are you looking forward to more: The Batman or Eternals?

• 77 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which are you looking forward to more: The Batman or Eternals? (82 votes)

The Batman 61%
Eternals 39%

The Batman, that second trailer is so good.

• 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals, only because as I have said. Batman has been done to death on the Big Screen. I want to see something else, something new.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is nothing about the Eternals that looks even remotely as interesting as the Batman. The humor is forced, none of the characters are even remotely compelling, and the villain is going to be another horrible generic Marvel alien that the movies have done a 455646 times

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Eternals trailer.

I mean, I dont think it's gonna be bad because I have some faith in both the director and MCU's standard but I'm not particularly interest.

The Batman easily, especially after latest trailer.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Eternals, but only because of the Celestials.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is nothing about the Eternals that looks even remotely as interesting as the Batman. The humor is forced, none of the characters are even remotely compelling, and the villain is going to be another horrible generic Marvel alien that the movies have done a 455646 times

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about the Celestials?

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals, only because as I have said. Batman has been done to death on the Big Screen. I want to see something else, something new.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Not sure how good Eternals will be, but it just looks to me like a movie to milk for feats.

The Batman, on the other hand, looks like a true back to the origins Batman film that we've missed for many years with a talented cast.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals cause I'm already sick of the batman hype

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals

Batman is overrated and done to death

JComics2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals because I wanna see the Celestials and how the MCU universe was made.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. All around he's just way cooler than the eternals will ever be. That doesn't mean the eternals movie can't be good, but I'm not holding my breath for that forgettable band of screwballs

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: I've only read Jack Kirby's Eternals comics and I affirm that the cosmic concepts introduced e.g. Celestials and the exploration of Kirby's rich imagination are more interesting than the characters themselves. Kirby didn't intend to make them compelling characters, I don't think.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals. Wasn't particularly intrigued by the Batman trailer and let's be honest Batman's been dangerously teetering on the verge of oversaturation for a while now.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals easily for me..just wanna see how it unfolds

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 SC  Moderator

Eternals, for the same reason I am anticipating Eternals more than Spider-man. I don't think it will necessarily be better, I actually expect it to be worse, movies about teams traditionally struggled more than movies focused on solo characters. Even though this isn't as true or accurate as in the past because of movies like Avengers, Guardians and Suicide Squad doing well... its still something that I am curious about, how the movie will balance.

So just interested in how they do certain concepts, how much of the Celestials we will see, will we see the Uni Mind etc how they use the Celestials could give ideas on how they could eventually bring us Galactus and stuff like that.

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After watching the second trailer, The Batman is more interesting tbh, the trailer gave off a very strong Se7en & Sicario vibes, specially the in the beginning.

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman has not been done to death because the franchise is extremely versatile.

Yeah I agree with this one, the whole Batman mythos can be transferred into a lot of genres.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Eternals trailer made me lose even more interest than I already have. Battinson on the other hand though.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others said Batman has been done to death, and the Eternals concept is amazing, no so sure about the characters, but yeah the Eternals is the only comic book movie that still sparks some interest from my part.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tough choice, but the batman. Even tho this trailer was not as good as last one, its my most anticipated movie besides love and thunder

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

Batman has not been done to death because the franchise is extremely versatile.

This. And that's not even considering the fact that this will only be the second pure Batman franchise worth watching (if it lives up to its promise). Snyder's trilogy is more of a Superman story than a Batman one (featuring Bruce in a supporting role). The Keaton-Clooney films have aged atrociously and have little in the way of merit. Which leaves Nolan, something that this appears to differ from stylistically (different rogues, different aesthetic, seemingly different characterizations of Bruce, Selina etc etc). So no, there isn't an oversaturation. Two good franchises focused around the character hardly qualifies as such.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth: From a visual standpoint they look cool, but I'm pretty sure they only appear in the flashback.

Avatar image for deactivated-6299b4f2f1d24
deactivated-6299b4f2f1d24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killbilly  Moderator

The Batman.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yall should let Batman movies die at this point.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killbilly  Moderator

@aystarr said:

I'm hoping for the Holland Spider-Man movies to go out first tbh.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Penguin-Dust

The Batman, but Spider-Man No Way Home and Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness are above it. Dune, too actually so The Batman is the fourth most exciting movie I plan to see in the next six months.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Lol why?, It is not overdone, I mean, it's literally just a trilogy (I think) with this being the last one, I don't think we would be getting anymore live action Spiderman solo movie after this December release.

Batman movies are overdone, sometimes horrible, and inconsistent lol.

The way DCEU and the DC universe in general would be so much better than marvel if they can just drop thier addiction to this overgrown manchild 💀.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailer is also overrated imo 🤷.

WizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, the Batman.

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has not been done to death because the franchise is extremely versatile. None of the Batman universes are alike. Eternals looks good but Batman for me, respectfully.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is nothing about the Batman that looks even remotely as interesting as the Eternals. The humor is forced, none of the characters are even remotely compelling, and the villain is going to be another horrible generic DC thug that the movies have done a 455646 times.

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mandabub

There is nothing about the Batman that looks even remotely as interesting as the Eternals. The humor is forced, none of the characters are even remotely compelling, and the villain is going to be another horrible generic DC thug that the movies have done a 455646 times.

No Caption Provided

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
@aystarr said:
@killbilly said:
@aystarr said:

Lol why?, It is not overdone, I mean, it's literally just a trilogy (I think) with this being the last one, I don't think we would be getting anymore live action Spiderman solo movie after this December release.

Batman movies are overdone, sometimes horrible, and inconsistent lol.

The way DCEU and the DC universe in general would be so much better than marvel if they can just drop thier addiction to this overgrown manchild 💀.

Mind explaining to me exactly how Batman movies are overdone and Spider-Man movies are not when we've gotten three tonally similar Spider-Man trilogies within a little over a decade ( not to mention all of Holland's appearance in other MCU movies )?

Wouldn't the fact that Batman movies which had Adam West portraying the version of the character from the Golden Age and then getting adaptions with "Bat-nipples" and a "Bat-credit card" make it so that the darker and more serious take on the character would be less overdone ( that's not even mentioning the Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin and his "ice puns" *shivers* )?

You made that last one a bit too obvious tbh. You have to take baiting more seriously otherwise you're just wasting the time of everybody involved.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternals.

I am so tired of another Batman

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killbilly  Moderator

@killbilly: not to mention Spiderverse too

Good point, if we're counting the TDK trilogy, adaptions shouldn't get a pass simply because of their quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-6299b4f2f1d24
deactivated-6299b4f2f1d24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's sad that someone is already calling Eternals villian generic without even knowing who he is lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Yeah. It's really interesting how nobody seems to give a damn about how many Spiderman movies there are, but everybody thinks Batman is "oversatured". My guess is that it's because other DC comics characters have yet to truly shine, so people are bitter about Bruce getting another home run, rather than anyone actually caring in a vacuum that Bats is getting more content.

Avatar image for deactivated-629d3023b5b49
deactivated-629d3023b5b49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman in a mismatch.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth: From a visual standpoint they look cool, but I'm pretty sure they only appear in the flashback.

I'm hoping not. I want the MCU to do something with them given how poorly they've been treated in recent years.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Yeah. It's really interesting how nobody seems to give a damn about how many Spiderman movies there are, but everybody thinks Batman is "oversatured". My guess is that it's because other DC comics characters have yet to truly shine, so people are bitter about Bruce getting another home run, rather than anyone actually caring in a vacuum that Bats is getting more content.

Batman has way more movies than Spider-Man...

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do agree that Batman and Spider-Man have too many movies. However, I think the reason people are more sick of Batman than of Spider-Man is that Batman's dark and brooding and cynical stories get old eventually. For me personally, I find nothing interesting about an insane rich orphan who dresses up in a bat costume and beats up random thugs on the street for fun.