Which are you looking forward to more: Aquaman, Shazam, or Wonder Woman 2?

• 91 results
Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

With the very stressful build-up to Justice League finally over with, WB and the DCEU are now going to be focusing more on their solo hero movies. While possible team movies such as Suicide Squad 2 and Justice League Dark are still on the list as "maybes" for the studio, these solo movies should help the DCEU's image a bit. JL and BvS had the shared problem of trying to cram way too much into one film and Suicide Squad had way too many characters for you to know or care about any of them. But with Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, having a lot more focus and just being about this one hero's journey really did help the movie. So I do have more faith in the upcoming solo DC films than I would another team-up movie (even though the only DCEU movie I don't overall like is Suicide Squad (and I suppose the theatrical cut of BvS)).

While there are a lot of movies on the DCEU potentials list (and plenty of names that keep getting taken off the list), the three movies that we can say with almost complete certainty that we are getting are Aquaman (which has already finished initial filming), Shazam (which already has a director and cast the main hero(s) and villain), and Wonder Woman 2 (which WB made sure to sign on the fist film's director and main actress after the first movie's great success).

Out of these three solo hero movies, I'm curious which people are looking forward to the most, or at least what their order of anticipation is for them?

Personally, for me, the order is:

1. Aquaman, because we've yet to have an Aquaman movie yet, I think Black manta could be a really cool villain (as long as he's in an actual suit that's not all CGI), and given how much fun I've heard the actors had filming the movie, I have a lot of hope for how good or enjoyable the movie could be.

2. Wonder Woman, because with how good the first one was, it's good to reward it with a sequel. Honestly, with WB's statement that the DC movies, while still being in the same universe, will try to be more self-contained, I'm kind of looking forward to perhaps having a new trilogy that doesn't require any outside viewing. I love the Captain America movies, they are my favorites in all the MCU, but if I were to show them to someone without throwing Avengers 1 and 2 in-between, they'd be really confused about where a lot of the big stuff is coming from.

3. Shazam, because while I'm not as familiar with Captain Marvel/Shazam as I am with Aquaman and Wonder Woman, in comparison to every other superhero movie out right now or that's scheduled for release, this movie does have a pretty unique premise for it's main hero. A child who says a magic word and becomes a godly superhero. I'm so curious about all the stuff that they could do with the world of Shazam. It's kind of why I liked Ant-Man so much. It was a unique premise for a superhero and they did everything they could with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman 2.

Brainiactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam > Aquaman >>>>>>>> Wonder Woman

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman but WW2 is up there

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kiba said:

Aquaman but WW2 is up there

This. I was disappointed by the threadbare character of Aquaman in JL, but I believe the foundation for something interesting exists in the bit we saw of his ocean life. I want to see something new from DC and so far we're 50/50 on the non-Snyder directed movies. I am hoping that James Wan, like Patty Jenkins can find that magic that is missing from the other DCEU offerings. SHAZAM is like the Flash in that I don't believe DC knows what they want to do with the character on film, so I have little faith in this feature.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wonder Woman 2 is the most one I am confident with, given Jenkins's stellar work on the first film. But even then, I'm worried they'll bring back Steve Trevor and I'm currently suffering DCEU-PTSD.

Don't care for Aquaman and Shazam. Won't believe they'll be good until I see the reviews.

jball834

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam.

DCEU Origin/solo character films are always class, im not worried about any of them.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

If the second WW movie is going to be anything like the first one, then I am looking forward to it. Liked what I saw from Aquaman in JL, even if he really didn't get to do much in the end but I think it is going to be good. As for Shazam, I don't know. I want to be excited about it but there are a few things about it that don't really make me optimistic about it. Like some of the casting choices for example.

So for me it's WW 2 > Aquaman > Shazam.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all 3 and mos 2 and jl 2

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: its already been announced they will be making mos 2 and jl 2

jball834

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jball834

@royal_warrior: It has been confirmed, what do you think the point of the 2nd post credit scene was?

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid: @jball834: and? GReen lantern had a sequel planned with a credit scene and look what happened

Face the facts, the Justice league flopped so now WB are gonna be very very hesitant to do another one seeing as they've lost a lot of money

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BabyDarkseid

@royal_warrior: green lantern film isnt part of the dceu and how can jl flop when its just only been 1 day?

jball834

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jball834

@babydarkseid: This guys a troll, he tried to get me banned for posting a minor spoiler lol, just leave him

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jball834: yep i know hes a troll hes also anti-dceu

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid: actually your wrong

green lantern was meant to be the start of the DCEU but failed miserably and made them rethink they're strategy

It's been more than one day and it's a u oversaw flop both box office wise and critical reception wise

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman 2.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid: pot calling the kettle black, how ironic

@jball834: minor spoiler? You spoiled the ending of JL for people who haven't seen t

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#21 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Shazam!

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: jl is the 5 movie into the dceu so its not as easy to end as while as you claimed gl was supposed to be the first so its easier to just stop it right there

its official worldwide release is was 17th so not more than 1 day

audience loved jl

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001:

Aqua Man could be really good if they utilize crazy under seas battles and really good villains but if they go bro comedy turn Aquaman into a Sufer bro it'll be horrible

Wonder Women 2 could be cool depends on how they do it but I hope Steve doesn't come back because he was a great character and had an awesome send off

Shazam is a tough it could go wrong on so many levels if Zachary Levi doesn't put on muscle and the child actor is really bad things could go south really quick.....

Excited to see Deathstroke if he's in the Batman movie and hopefully we never see Luthor again or they recast

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed with JL so not even gonna think about JL2.

Are MoS2 or The Batman still on the cards? If yes then I'd love to see them.

Among the movies you mentioned, I'll probably want to see more Aquaman. He was really promising in JL but didn't have as much development as Flash or Cyborg. Would love to see a origin story or some political thriller based on politics and power struggle in Atlantis. The undersea setting makes it something new and exiting to explore both for the filmmakers and viewers. Under sea battles should look cool based on the footage from JL.

Still undecided on Shazam and WW2. While WW was great, I have no idea what they are gonna do in the sequel, where they can go, what new things they can show etc.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea. Honestly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wonder Woman 2 is the most one I am confident with, given Jenkins's stellar work on the first film. But even then, I'm worried they'll bring back Steve Trevor and I'm currently suffering DCEU-PTSD.

Don't care for Aquaman and Shazam. Won't believe they'll be good until I see the reviews.

They can't bring Steve back even if they wanted, he'll be over a 100.

Interesting, i figured someone with your taste would like James Wan.

OT : Aquaman, i have complete faith in James Wan. He has proven himself as a talented director and has had no problem transitioning between genres.

GCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:

Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman, dude.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None since i want this universe to end badly, but if i had to pick base on pedigree of director and confidence it would go

aquaman>WW2>shazam.

Hemehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hemehero

I love Aquaman, but we've already seen him in JL, I really want to see Shazam, so that.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Definitely Aquaman. The exotic settings get me all hyped up. Just like what MCU going to show us in Black Panther.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KingZod

SHAZZY!!!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want another solo Superman movie :(

MonkeyStarship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:

They can't bring Steve back even if they wanted, he'll be over a 100.

Interesting, i figured someone with your taste would like James Wan.

OT : Aquaman, i have complete faith in James Wan. He has proven himself as a talented director and has had no problem transitioning between genres.

The one exception I'd make for them bringing back Steve Trevor is if it is through Hades (if he survived Ares's assault on the Greek gods) attempting to use him to bargain with or blackmail Diana. Sort of a "Do this thing for me and I've give you back the one you love"

I'm of course not saying that he should be brought back to life permanently, though. With Superman having come back, Diana could have hope for Steve to be allowed back as well, but by the end of the movie both he and her realize that Steve's time in the world is over and that she needs to finally let him go (which is something she's struggled to do since WWI ended, as she said in JL).

I'd accept that use of bringing Steve Trevor back, because it wouldn't be permanent and undo his sacrifice and would allow for some really good character moments for Diana.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: @deltahuman: I think a solo Superman and a solo Batman movie are both still on the table, though the Superman movie is much further off than Batman, but with rumors saying that Superman could make a cameo in Shazam (remember, rumor).

I mainly went with the three movies in the OP because they are the ones we can be more or less sure that we are getting, with Aquaman having already done its initial filming and Wonder Woman and Shazam already with directors and getting their casts set up. I'm happy there is actor and director interest still for Superman and Batman but I can understand why WB would want to leave them on the back-burner for a bit and let some lesser-knowns (and one confirmed success) take center stage for a bit after all the hassle around Justice League.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deltahuman

@aros001:

Yeah Aquaman would be made. It's more or less a certainty.

Whatever it is, my first wish will always be to see more Superman or Batman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

1. Aquaman

2. WW2

3. Shazam

Puny_Banner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman

Flashpoint

Cyborg

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam and WW2 will probably happen.

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm what would i like to be disappointed by...good question.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman. Need to see Mera in action.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam.

I just want another solo Superman movie :(

This as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Superman movie by far. Then Shazam, Aquaman and WW2.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquamoa.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points