Which ability is best for aim-dodging?

jesse1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aim dodging seems to be street-levelers best defense at avoiding damage. Assuming agility stats were peak human, which ability is best suited for aim dodging, and why?

The first ability is accelerated perception. Captain America claims he can dodge bullets because he can "see faster". The ultimate example of this is probably Neo's "bullet time" from the Matrix. But, as early Neo has stated, just because he can see them doesn't mean he can move fast enough to dodge them.

Next is sixth sense. The classic "Spider Sense". The typical portrayal of this ability is to have a flash precognition 'heads up' warning and a vague general direction of the danger. Can vary from "I've got a bad feeling about this" to Jedi-level precognitive reflexes. I think the greatest weakness could be information overload or misreading the warning. An opponent with strong reflexes may see you anticipate his blow and change his attack.

And last is body language analysis. The best example I can think of is Cassandra Cain, but Dick Grayson was an expert at this as well. I think Taskmaster falls into this category as well, but is more of a "can't fool me twice". This technique's greatest weakness is an opponent's ability to mask his intent or to be sporadic.

So what do you think? One of these, or another I haven't mentioned?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Probably the sixth sense.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Sixth sense is the only viable one without reflexes, also works in every scenario.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-Cog

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think daredevils radar sense has shown capable of Neo timed feats( dd doesn't even need to look) it also allows body readings as it is more complex than just the eyesight. Spider sense is a close second. This was stated in a comic a couple times

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sixth sense, unless you have very good agility and can dodge bullets once you see them with your accelerated perception

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IfDCRuledTheWorld

Out of your options, Sixth Sense is the best. If it were me...Gun-Kata from the movie, Equilibrium, is still cooler though. It's applicable for both offense and defense at the same time.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Precog

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Eh, I'll give a nod to accelerated senses. The other person who has this like Cap would be Deathstroke. And I know he can dodge stuff.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

Precog, followed by spider-sense, then body language.

Gotta love precog.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Precog

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sixth sense

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would go with sixth sense the main reason being that it also helps against aiming from behind which pre cog doesn't.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chibi_cute

pre cog..

jesse1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jesse1018

I think sixth sense/precog is the clear winner here. I do like what ifdcruledtheworld said, though:

Out of your options, Sixth Sense is the best. If it were me...Gun-Kata from the movie, Equilibrium, is still cooler though. It's applicable for both offense and defense at the same time.

Obviously a bullet-dodging martial art couldn't really exist, but since we talking about aim-dodging powers, it's worth mentioning the concept is pretty badass.

jesse1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think daredevils radar sense has shown capable of Neo timed feats( dd doesn't even need to look) it also allows body readings as it is more complex than just the eyesight. Spider sense is a close second. This was stated in a comic a couple times

Within his radar's maximum effectiveness range (I'll guess 300 feet) DD's sensory perceptions are definitely top-notch. Beyond that, there's got to be too many redirected sounds and wind shifts to pinpoint exactly what's going on. My concern with what happens outside his effective range? How would DD deal with a sniper?

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChildoftheAtom

@jesse1018: outside of the radar's top range?( and u are right about the range) I'm guessing super hearing will still pick up the sound of the gunshot and then super reflexes does the rest. Not so much fancy dodge more so hit the deck. ( I could be wrong about that but dont be too technical about it) he would have a much better chance than someone who had to see it to dodge.

Anyone know the limits of spidey sense? Like if a missile was shot at peters apartment from California. At what range would his spidey sense tell him to evac?

jesse1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know the limits of spidey sense? Like if a missile was shot at peters apartment from California. At what range would his spidey sense tell him to evac?

The exact mechanism of his spider sense is unknown, but it is essentially one of two options: precognitive/clairvoyant or a subconscious analysis of everything around him using his natural senses. In the former case the range could effectively be unlimited. In the latter it would be within his natural senses range.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm.............

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers