2021 is looking ??? for CBMs but out of all of them which are you most excited for?
Which 2021 CBM are you most hyped for?
And then Doctor Strange. I really hope they have better color grading for Doctor Strange this time around. DS 1 had the same overall style as other MCU movies it was the CGI that was incredible. Really hoping they enhance the colors to look trippier instead of just looking like it's good CGI with bland MCU post production like DS 1.
1- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Hyped me a little.
2- Thor: Love and Thunder. Wanna see what happens to Thor.
3- The Suicide Squad. Just wondering if it will turn out to be a dumpster fire lmao.
4- The Batman.
5- Shang-Chi Legend of the Ten Rings. Never even heard of him untill the movies announcement.
From most to least...
- The Batman
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- The Suicide Squad
- Thor: Love and Thunder
I'm very surprised you have Thor at the bottom of the list, were you not a fan of Ragnarok?
It was good, but I thought it was overrated. Also, it's his 4th solo movie, I'm more excited to see newer characters.
Dr Strange and Batman are pretty much a tie for me, I'm really interested in what Matt Reeves can do for a detective style noir Batman, but just the name Multiverse of Madness gets me excited, if they step up the graphics with better colour grading I think it could end up being my favourite
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - DS1 is my pick for most underrated MCU film, and Wanda is my pick for most underrated MCU movie character. Putting her in a Doctor Strange film, and a bonkers multiverse film at that, could be incredible.
- Thor: Love and Thunder - Love the title, think that there's some really cool stuff to be done here especially with there being two Thors at once. Initially I was on the fence about Ragnarok, but after rewatching a couple times and just appreciating it for what it is it's one of my favourite MCU films. Honestly, my top 2 on this list could be switched.
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Another great title, I love that the MCU is giving us more comic-booky titles like this because at this point they cant put out literally anything and make money from it. Also excited to see the real Mandarin, and the actor for Shang-Chi seems pretty cool based on his tweets about the casting.
- The Suicide Squad - If Gunn gives this the GotG treatment then it could be something really good. I'm cautiously optimistic here, especially considering that the DCEU films seem to have found their groove with the last couple.
- The Batman - I have no problem with Pattinson as Batman - he seems like a fine choice, and Matt Reeves could do some cool stuff with the character. But for some reason if you asked me which of these five films I'd watch now if I could, this would be at the bottom of the list. Maybe I'm just struggling to get hyped for another Batman movie, but if the trailers are good then I could see myself being pretty hyped for it.
- Batman -- While it may not surpass TDK as a film, everything I keep hearing makes me feel this has the potential to be the definitive Batman movie from the perspective of a comic-book fan. The sheer amount of time Reeves has taken to get this thing right is very promising.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Alongside Black Panther, Doctor Strange is the existing film property I'm most interested in going forwards. Since it's clearly riffing on H.P. Lovecraft, this has the potential to be the best film of the bunch if they are willing to really hammer down on the cosmic horror. Wanda's addition is a +++++++++++++++.
- Shang-Chi -- Interested to see the MCU really go down the martial-arts rabbit hole and pull out the wuxia. Has the potential to be something really new and exciting for the MCU. I hope they can capture the aesthetic and make it feel authentic.
- The Suicide Squad - Don't really know enough about it yet.
- Thor: Love and Thunder - Eh.
I am a huge Thor fan , but the announcement of Jane and Female Thor made me lose some interest and hype . Still hope that Taika makes it work . Holy shit , why couldn't they make a story about an awesome story like the God Butcher ?
Right now , I am most hyped for Doctor Strange , especially since it may have Strange mentoring Wanda .
1. Dr Strange: The title alone suggest it'll be what a Dr Strange movie should've been about from the get-go. Hope it goes all out bonkers with the multi-verse stuff and we really get to see how powerful Strange and Wanda really are.
2. Thor: Lost a little bit of interest when they announced Jane-Thor, but Ragnarok was great so keeping the same creative team as that one is definitely a positive. Hope Enchantress is the main villain, feel she's overdue.
3. Shang-Chi: Not that into the main character, but the real Mandarin showing up will be cool
4. Batman: Kindof tired of Batman movies, but whatever.
5. Suicide Squad: First one was awful.
Please Log In to post.