#1 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

The scene when Nick Fury lists all the unavailable heroes as reasons why Spider-Man needs to step up and face the new threat...

Are we just supposed to succumb to classic bottled in MCU world that previous movies suffer from? Last I checked "Hulk" even with one arm is still a high tier who can easily dispatch Spidey and all his mid-tier enemies with ease. On top of that Bruce has gathered even more hero publicity and is a super celebrity, he would be hard pressed to step up and fight monsters rampaging in Europe.

#2 Posted by FirstFirmament (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Out and injured.

He may be retired after Black Widows death.

It's also sort of like the Captain Marvel situation in the Avengers- Nick Fury would only call CM if he was convinced the Avengers couldn't handle the Chitauri. Similarly, Fury would only bring in the big guns if he was convinced Spidey couldn't handle the Elementals.

#3 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@firstfirmament: That's such a major cop out and is a dumb reason. One arm is shriveled up and burned but he can still use it, Thanos could almost overpower Captain Marvel with his shrimp arm. And one functional arm that is a 1000+ tonner, coupled with super body slams is more than enough to get the job done.

Retiring isn't a viable excuse either, it goes against Bruce's character to not help people.

I can see that. We better get an explanation and that's the actual truth of the matter. But a giant monster doesn't seem like an event Spidey could ever answer nor could it be contained enough for Bruce not to hear about.

#4 Edited by huthimamwa (2585 posts) - - Show Bio

"Must nitpick plot-holes to complain about!!"

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#5 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (5728 posts) - - Show Bio

Finding a way to dab with one arm, obviously

#6 Posted by Darkthunder (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelx13: he may have retired. And of course he has his injured arm. And I can't see how the elementals are mid tiers

#7 Edited by TobyMaguire (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelx13: Its funny, they literally name two heroes that are known for being largely away from earth.

Instead of asking What about Hulk? Or Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, Dr Strange.

Personally, Fury may setting up Young Avengers and Fury had chosen Spidey to be first member and is testing him. Antman's daughter, Shuri, Maybe Ms Marvel will be other members.

#8 Edited by MangoNation (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is a cripple and likely retired

Black Panther won't deal with anything not directly related to Wakanda

If the universe truly has been exposed to different realities, Strange has more pressing concerns, plus he doesn't work for Fury.

Rhodey is a cripple and also likely retired

Wanda, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Antman all don't work for Fury just for themselves, plus we don't know how the time jump affected Sokovia Accords

Spider-Man was likely the only hero around and willing to help (even he was blatantly ghosting Fury before getting dragged into things)

Before we try to find little things to get angry about let's wait for the movie to actually come out and explain things.

#9 Posted by Soratoumiga (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Captain Marvel are probably the only ones who could be available out of the most powerful heroes.

Doctor Strange usually works in secrecy, he has to defend the Sanctum and protect Earth from mystical threats. And frankly, I don't think he gives a shit about Mysterio, Fury or SHIELD.

Hulk is likely retired, recovering from the injury.

Fury wouldn't ask Scarlet Witch, most likely, because she did bad things in Civil War and was against SHIELD during Age of Ultron, so it's not a best choice for an ally, even though she redeemed herself. Plus, I don't think she would care that much about Fury, she might be focused on trying to bring Vision back..

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (21251 posts) - - Show Bio

@soratoumiga:

thor and cm are outta space so they are unavailable too

#11 Posted by Soratoumiga (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Exactly, but Peter probably thought they were still on Earth, so he naturally asked Fury about them.

#12 Edited by Supermanthor (21251 posts) - - Show Bio

@soratoumiga: looks like marvel is approaching 3 different scenarios have street level to deal with earth things which may be led to dark reign

have heavy hitters in space rumors are popping that nova eternals adam warlock ss bill will join mcu so annihilation maybe

and mystic heroes like ds and wanda to do their own weird thing

#13 Posted by Soratoumiga (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Yep, so many theories about the future of MCU, I can't wait what they bring next.

#14 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: If you can't see how elementals are mid tiers then you probably never read a Spider-Man comic... And must be unaware that Spidey is a mid tier himself... Anyways Hulk still oneshots with one arm.

#15 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@mangonation: No one's angry, buddy. But try to make sense with your post next time.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#16 Edited by christianrapper (6369 posts) - - Show Bio

What’s the point of this thread? The movie isn’t even out. Who the heck knows where hulk is or even iff the question will be answered? It’s a spiderman movie. It isn’t a hulk or avengers movie. I don’t even think that they can make a hulk movie. They will answer that question when the time is appropriate.

#17 Posted by RabumAlal (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to make solo movies for heroes. They also want to reference the larger universe and Peter’s familiarity with the other heroes after Endgame so they put a couple lines of dialogue accomplishing. Not much to think about.

#18 Posted by ArranVid (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's because they want to put the focus back on Spider-Man again since it's a mainly Spider-Man film?

#19 Posted by MangoNation (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelx13: What about my post does not make sense to you?

#20 Posted by TonyMartial (9888 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe hes a surprise appearance that we dont know about? But yeah I agree if Fury ain't hooking up with a genius like him during this multi verse crisis then I'd be surprised.

#21 Posted by CreoleCuddy (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking for his solo movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
#22 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is out of commission.

#23 Posted by MainJP (6394 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Darkthunder (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelx13: well you you right,I have never read a Spiderman comic. But I am aware Spidey himself is a mid tier. I don't think elementals are mid tiers for two reasons

1 MCU doesn't operate much on comic basis so elementals can be high-mid tiers

2 Spiderman asks fury why not take Thor or captain marvel,both of whom are high tiers to deal with them

#25 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is a cripple and likely retired

Black Panther won't deal with anything not directly related to Wakanda

If the universe truly has been exposed to different realities, Strange has more pressing concerns, plus he doesn't work for Fury.

Rhodey is a cripple and also likely retired

Wanda, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Antman all don't work for Fury just for themselves, plus we don't know how the time jump affected Sokovia Accords

Spider-Man was likely the only hero around and willing to help (even he was blatantly ghosting Fury before getting dragged into things)

Before we try to find little things to get angry about let's wait for the movie to actually come out and explain things.

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (9336 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalking Betty.