#1 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously. Where did that myth come from? I think it came from the DS fan base even though it's crazy inaccurate. DS beat Batman once and Batman beat DS once, how is it like 80% of the globe thinks DS beat Batman like 5 times or something? And every time I ask them "show me where DS wins twice" they Just keep recycling that same 1 fight over and over of DS beating Batman on the rooftop because they know what they're saying is utterly incorrect.

Its literally a 50/50 fight.

DS beat Batman that one time they we're on the roof, and despite Batman losing, DS admitted Batman was better And that he'd hate to fight him without his strength enhancement despite his healing factor:

http://m.imgur.com/VpFCx9U

He flat out says that. And after that fight, DS got beat up by 1 thug. 1. He was that beaten down.

And Batman beat DS 1 time:

http://m.imgur.com/1q6iF1g

Knocked him out with his own rifle. So can Someone explain to me where the myth came from that DS beat batman multiple times? Are there fights I'm missing or...?

#2 Edited by The_Dog_of_War (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is a brilliant strategist/tactician and a skilled hand to hand combatant, and when you add his superior physical attributes he should beat Batman more times than not.

#3 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick1994:

I understand what you mean and why you say that. But Batman was always better than Deathstroke. The comics imply it. Deathstroke beat Batman that 1 time on the rooftops. That was it. Just that 1 time. it's a myth that "DS beat Batman more" Because Batman was always better. Batman beat Deathstroke once when he knocked him out with his own sniper rifle in a 1v1.

Batman is a master marital artist. Mastered every art in existence and on top of that he created his own unique fighting style from it. A fighting style that isn't even comparable to any other. Batman is also in peak physical and mental condition. He's a man among gods in the JLA and his strength and speed is so berserk even superman wondered whether Batman was *really* a human or not. Batman is also an all-around genius. He's a master tactician and master strategist and has gotten the JLA through many wars. And his IQ is around 200. Batman thinks on his feet. On the fly. If he had a super power its me simply be to stack the odds in his favor if its against him. He doesn't need a contingency plan or rush to the bat-cave to do it. He can do it on the spot, at that moment *during* a fight. Especially against someone like DS since Deathstroke isn't really anything new to him. He's nothing worth running away and coming back with a whole plan for.

Deathstroke was a failed experiment who only knows a handful of martial arts. Got his eye shot out by Green Arrow. Someone Batman has beaten flawlessly time and time again.

Deathstroke only beat Batman that 1 time on the roof tops. And even after than fight DS admitted Batman was better, admitted Batmans strength and skill more proficient than he's ever seen before since Deathstroke said he fought the best but Batman was better. And he said he'd hate to fight Batman if he didn't have his strength enhancement.

DS was never better. Not even close. And he always knew it. But because of his enhancements he actually stood a chance.

#4 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure hes beaten Batman on panel.

#5 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: I never said he didn't. I said he has. But it was once, and DS got knocked out by your average thug because Batman beat him up so badly.

#6 Posted by The_Dog_of_War (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: Batman only has one major advantage over Deathstroke and that's his superior hand to hand skills, but it wouldn't be enough because Deathstroke is physically superior.

#7 Posted by blackagar (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should spank batman most of the time. If you show a comic fan an instance of something happening EX: Deathstroke vs Batman on the roof, they will be like "oh that happened." Then you throw in basic logic with Slade being superior to batman in every physical attribute and one of the best fighters, killers and combat thinkers in DC, these things will occur.

This happens a lot, things that aren't even remotely as lopsided in reality as people would think, they make it out to be like Wolverine Vs Magneto.

#8 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should spank batman most of the time. If you show a comic fan an instance of something happening EX: Deathstroke vs Batman on the roof, they will be like "oh that happened." Then you throw in basic logic with Slade being superior to batman in every physical attribute and one of the best fighters, killers and combat thinkers in DC, these things will occur.

This happens a lot, things that aren't even remotely as lopsided in reality as people would think, they make it out to be like Wolverine Vs Magneto.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's true and Slade should win.

#10 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio
  • It came from the fact thats its true and not a myth..lmao
  • I,m a Batman fan but Slade should always be able spank Batman.
#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (20691 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade lost to Jason Todd, that's also "true". Slade should only barely be able to beat Batman generally speaking. He doesn't have any clear or humongous advantage to boast of.

#12 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackagar:

"If you show a comic fan an instance of something happening EX: Deathstroke vs Batman on the roof, they will be like "oh that happened." Then you throw in basic logic with Slade being superior to batman in every physical attribute and one of the best fighters, killers and combat thinkers in DC, these things will occur."

DS physical condition is superior to Batmans, But it's not that much better. Because when you show comic examples like the aftermath of DS vs Batman on the rooftops

http://m.imgur.com/VpFCx9U

You clearly see DS is most definitely not even all that much superior to Batman physically. And you're gonna need a whole lot more than the smallest physical advantage to beat Batman. Batman has the h2h abilities and the skills to beat people who out does him physically, as shown multiple times in the comics. Especially if it's someone like DS, who not even really that far ahead of Batman physically. The gap between them is small. And now with Batmans rebirth its probably much much smaller or closed.

DS won that rooftop fight but he clearly took a crazy a**beating himself. Its not like he won by a landslide or he won flawlessly, he won...*barely*. And during that fight Batman didn't even have armor. It was just his leather Batman suit. Now with armor and his rebirth I'm sure he could demolish Slade. DS can be "one of the best" of anything. But what good does that do you if Batman is #1 in almost every category? The only thing That most super-heroes have over Batman is their physical conditions. But Batmans always taken the skill, the brains, the resources, the skill set/abilities. DS only takes physical condition. And even there he isn't all that above Batman in it.

#13 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55 said:

Slade lost to Jason Todd, that's also "true". Slade should only barely be able to beat Batman generally speaking. He doesn't have any clear or humongous advantage to boast of.

Yes he does...Batman might be more skilled, but physically Slade is by far the superior combatant.

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (20691 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:
@jumpstart55 said:

Yes he does...Batman might be more skilled, but physically Slade is by far the superior combatant.

Batman's skill advantage vastly outstrips Slade's physical advantage. Slade's a low end meta human(plenty of those around) with an enhanced brain(which has largely been forgotten about anyway). Batman is almost low end meta human with fighting skills that only a few can match.

Batman skills>>>>Slade's skills

Slade's physicals> Batman's physicals.

#15 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@jumpstart55 said:

Batman's skill advantage vastly outstrips Slade's physical advantage. Slade's a low end meta human(plenty of those around) with an enhanced brain(which has largely been forgotten about anyway). Batman is almost low end meta human with fighting skills that only a few can match.

Batman skills>>>>Slade's skills

Slade's physicals> Batman's physicals.

While Slade is undoubtedly much superior to Bruce physically I can agree with the gist of what your saying...And i still say being overpowered by stronger Street Levelers is Batman's Kryptonite.

#17 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: My point exactly. He isn't even really drastically out doing Batman in anything. Not even physically. Physically is a gap that's not even that wide between them.

#18 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: One of Batmans great abilities is to stack the odds in his favor. If Batmans kryptonite was to be "overwhelmed" by someone who isn't even really that much stronger, why does Batman beat Bane Like 90% of the time? He whoops Killer Croc too. You need MUCH more than a small physical advantage to beat Batman. And DS is barely passing Batman physically.

#19 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: One of Batmans great abilities is to stack the odds in his favor. If Batmans kryptonite was to be "overwhelmed" by someone who isn't even really that much stronger, why does Batman beat Bane Like 90% of the time? He whoops Killer Croc too. You need MUCH more than a small physical advantage to beat Batman. And DS is barely passing Batman physically.

Yea thats after Batman prepares and studies,..And a majority of those first time random encounters those stronger opponents usually beat Batman.

#20 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Based on...what? His small speck of advantage in physical condition? Yeah, you're gonna need a whole lot more than the slightest physical advantage to throw Batman out of the game. Lol

#21 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: Batman doesn't need to prepare or study. DS isn't anything worth studying for. Just an average meta who can fight.

Batman is a master marital artist. Mastered every art in existence and on top of that he created his own unique fighting style from it. A fighting style that isn't even comparable to anyone elses. Batman is also in peak physical and mental condition. He's a man among gods in the JLA and his strength and speed is so berserk even superman wondered whether Batman was *really* a human or not. Batman is also an all-around genius. He's a master tactician and master strategist and has gotten the JLA through many wars. And his IQ is around 200. Batman thinks on his feet. On the fly. If he had a super power its me simply be to stack the odds in his favor if its against him. He doesn't need a contingency plan or rush to the bat-cave to do it. He can do it on the spot, at that moment *during* a fight. Study his opponent and react accordingly. Especially against someone like DS since Deathstroke isn't really anything new to him. He's nothing worth running away and coming back with a whole plan for.

#22 Edited by blackagar (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: You discredit Deathstroke. He's comparable to bronze tiger and all the upper league of shadow fighters, which have all given batman trouble if not beaten him. Let's look at some other things that are heavily equated in a battle between deathstroke and batman.

1. Slade is a murderer, he will kill anyone if it's what he believes he must do. Batman sees killing as the ultimate last option if not a non-option.

2. Slade is better at using weapons, more lethal weapons at that and it's basically his thing.

3. Much like batman, Slade doesn't underestimate people very much, especially the Dark Knight.

4. In terms of combat prowess, Slade is superior. Batman's main edge over anyone has always been is ability to create contingencies and preparation, to study his opponent Slade is not far behind in that category either.

Let's look at a recent encounter, shall we? This is a more or less random encounter with batman and a "depowered" Slade, in a sense he's actually better since he has two eyes, but he isn't used to it so it's laboring all of his skills.

No Caption Provided

And this is the most important part about anyone of comparable skill or dangerousness to batman. The Will to Kill. Now before you say "batman has fought X and X who's killed etc" Do remember writer's will not allow batman to die so simply.

No Caption Provided

If it were not for Harely, Batman would be dead.

No Caption Provided

#23 Posted by JediXMan (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Based on...what? His small speck of advantage in physical condition? Yeah, you're gonna need a whole lot more than the slightest physical advantage to throw Batman out of the game. Lol

And you're going to need to do more than lowball Deathstroke while highballing Batman.

#25 Edited by The_Dog_of_War (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: Deathstroke has more than a slight physical advantage.

He has ripped off a door from an airplane, kicked down a reinforced steel door with ease, has broke steel chains, and thrown two men with one arm.

#26 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackagar:

"2. Slade is better at using weapons, more lethal weapons at that and it's basically his thing."

Batman uses weapons a lot too. Give Batman a stick and I'm sure he'll make the best of it. While DS does have his own lethal equipment, Batmans created his own non-lethal gear to counter it and render it useless or just gear that Batman uses to his advantage if against anything lethal.

"4. In terms of combat prowess, Slade is superior. Batman's main edge over anyone has always been is ability to create contingencies and preparation, to study his opponent Slade is not far behind in that category either."

Slade isn't superior. Batman literally mastered it. Like I had mentioned to you I believe, Batmans great with thinking on the fly. So is Deathstroke. So I'd call it even in tactics. But Batmans skill out-does Deathstrokes by a mile so I'd say Batman takes tactics and such simply because he has the most skill between they two and isn't as limited in ideas as DS is since he knows only a handful.

"Do remember writer's will not allow batman to die so simply."

True. And the writer won't let Batman start off beating almost everyone he comes across either. So a lot of his random encounters were altered because of plot. For example. Batman lost his first fight to Mr. Freeze, But in the rematch when he won, all he basically did was punch through his bullet-proof helmet and beat the crap out of him. See how dumb that is? You mean to tell me(not you personally) Batman never thought of punching through his glass in their first fight?? Its mainly plot for why Batman has to lose first encounters. So using them would be kind of..inaccurate.

"Batman would have died if not for Harley"

I doubt it. Batman was down, sure but to assume his death would be kind of a stretch. Especially since he still had a lot of energy to keep on fighting even after that.

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (20691 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how having 2 eyes instead of one is passed off as a disadvantage. Slade might as well just cut off an ear, leg, arm and remove half his nose to gain more power. I can buy him being thrown off because his mask didn't have a hole for the second eye(which was his dumb mistake) but it's funny how it's only ever brought up when he's fighting Batman. What about Bronze Tiger, Odysseus, Lapteus etc? why wasn't it a disadvantage then?

@nick1994 said:

@batmanplusjay: Deathstroke has more than a slight physical advantage.

He has ripped off a door from an airplane, kicked down a reinforced steel door with ease, has broke steel chains, and thrown two men with one arm.

Batman has kicked down a steel door as well, he too has broken steel chains and thrown men around. He also used sheer strength to prevent himself from being pulled in to a jet engine nacelle.

#28 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick1994: Bruce Wayne kicked Killer Croc across the GCPD. Not Batman. Bruce Wayne.

Batman has also taken on a whole squad of I believe meta humans who can use 90% of their brain, had a strength enhancement, and were all in full gear. And he still came out on top. Not to mention, Batman was in an absolutely terrible condition before he even encountered them.

And Bruce Wayne has kicked down fully grown trees with his bare feet and has punched a diamond(or crystal)-plated wall and put a big dent in it without breaking his hand.

Tbh.. Throwing 2 people with 1 arm is something Batman could probably do 10 times over with the same arm with the feats Batman pulls off.

#29 Posted by blackagar (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: It's because he's batman. I'm not even making a joke, it's only brought up because he's batman.

@blackagar:

"2. Slade is better at using weapons, more lethal weapons at that and it's basically his thing."

Batman uses weapons a lot too. Give Batman a stick and I'm sure he'll make the best of it. While DS does have his own lethal equipment, Batmans created his own non-lethal gear to counter it and render it useless or just gear that Batman uses to his advantage if against anything lethal.

Most certainly Batman can use weapons well and he's designed many things to neutralize lethal equipment. beating someone who is of greater speed and strength while using weapons designed to murder you is not going to be countered by some gadget so simply, especially when they are familiar. As a fan of Batman you should know, he makes mistakes while fighting and beating your opponent is all about exploiting mistakes.

"4. In terms of combat prowess, Slade is superior. Batman's main edge over anyone has always been is ability to create contingencies and preparation, to study his opponent Slade is not far behind in that category either."

Slade isn't superior. Batman literally mastered it. Like I had mentioned to you I believe, Batmans great with thinking on the fly. So is Deathstroke. So I'd call it even in tactics. But Batmans skill out-does Deathstrokes by a mile so I'd say Batman takes tactics and such simply because he has the most skill between they two and isn't as limited in ideas as DS is since he knows only a handful.

You can't master combat, it's quite literally impossible. You can master martial arts and techniques of sorts, but not combat. Batman gets beaten, as he should he's not a God. Slade's M.O is killing people and often dangerous and superior to him in man ways, he employs tactics that batman will not, that is an advantage. "Batman's skill out-does Deathstrokes by a mile" That is utterly untrue, It is a significant advantage.

"Do remember writer's will not allow batman to die so simply."

True. And the writer won't let Batman start off beating almost everyone he comes across either. So a lot of his random encounters were altered because of plot. For example. Batman lost his first fight to Mr. Freeze, But in the rematch when he won, all he basically did was punch through his bullet-proof helmet and beat the crap out of him. See how dumb that is? You mean to tell me(not you personally) Batman never thought of punching through his glass in their first fight?? Its mainly plot for why Batman has to lose first encounters. So using them would be kind of..inaccurate.

Batman and Deathstroke are more than acquainted, you know this. Fighting people of similar skill or possessing other attributes to even or tip the playing field in their favor is not simple math. Anyone can lose at any time if they are vulnerable, that is the nature of fighting. Batman, Slade or even Superman, it can happen. I will agree that some of Batman's loses are suspect based on his character.

I doubt it. Batman was down, sure but to assume his death would be kind of a stretch. Especially since he still had a lot of energy to keep on fighting even after that.

In writing that I got a flash of like 10 times batman should've died like when he got stabbed by a sword that should've killed him or being slapped by people who crack planets etc , but didn't because comic books and that's not necessarily how battles are approached here. Slade would likely have damaged him to a close to death state if not a dead one.

#30 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackagar: too sleepy to respond rn. Gonna do it tomorrow

#31 Edited by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke beats Batman because physicals. That's it. It helps that Slade is a competent h2h combatant too.

#32 Posted by foxerdes (9778 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, let's lowball Slade.

#33 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: But not nearly as good a combatant as Batman. Last I checked he didn't learn every martial art in existence and create his own unique fighting style by combining some to make 1 fighting style of his own like Batman did.

Deathstroke only knows a handful of martial arts.

#34 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Lol I stopped doing it. It sucks to lowball, I know. But if you've read my more recent posts, I stopped. :P

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#35 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by RishardJ (337 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are forgetting that what DS has is an advantage in physical attributes but what Batman has is a whole lot of advanced tech.. Honestly the fight should be even. 5/10 everytime.

#37 Posted by JokerBat88 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

@rishardj said:

I think people are forgetting that what DS has is an advantage in physical attributes but what Batman has is a whole lot of advanced tech.. Honestly the fight should be even. 5/10 everytime.

This all day long

#38 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay:

DS beat Batman once and Batman beat DS once, how is it like 80% of the globe thinks DS beat Batman like 5 times or something?

Besides Deathtroke the Terminator #7, he also beat Batman thrice in the same issue (Detective Comics Vol. 1 #710) while intentionally fighting worse out of boredom (Detective Comics Vol. 1 #708). In Deathstroke Vol. 3 #5 a weakened and thrown off Deathstroke (the author stated that he was trying to depict Slade at 25% of his regular self, and that's on top of all the in-comic stuff) ended up with the upper-hand against Bruce. It's certainly not 1-1.

Its literally a 50/50 fight

Even if it were actually 1-1 in the comics, that doesn't make it a toss up on the battle boards.

DS beat Batman that one time they we're on the roof, and despite Batman losing, DS admitted Batman was better And that he'd hate to fight him without his strength enhancement despite his healing factor:

He said he'd hate to fight him without his increased strength, that's all. Slade has never outright said that Batman's a better fighter than him (without context, at least), even if it's true.

He flat out says that. And after that fight, DS got beat up by 1 thug. 1. He was that beaten down.

You should've seen the other guy.

Knocked him out with his own rifle. So can Someone explain to me where the myth came from that DS beat batman multiple times? Are there fights I'm missing or...?

Detective Comics Vol. 1 #710. This was after Slade defeated then let go of Bruce three times over. Another thing worth mentioning is that Slade said he was intentionally letting him land hits. It's a win for Bruce, yes, but that issue makes it very clear that Slade is just better.

But Batman was always better than Deathstroke. The comics imply it.

No, they don't. They imply that Batman's good, not that he's overall superior to Slade.

Batman is a master marital artist. Mastered every art in existence and on top of that he created his own unique fighting style from it.

True, Batman is more skilled. However, Slade also has his own, unique fighting style. Adeline Kane taught him to fight in "three dimensions", allowing him to defend himself on all angles at once. This is likely why he does so damn well against teams. Batman is certainly more technically skilled, but overall fighting ability goes to Slade.

Batman is also in peak physical and mental condition. He's a man among gods in the JLA and his strength and speed is so berserk even superman wondered whether Batman was *really* a human or not. Batman is also an all-around genius. He's a master tactician and master strategist and has gotten the JLA through many wars. And his IQ is around 200. Batman thinks on his feet. On the fly. If he had a super power its me simply be to stack the odds in his favor if its against him. He doesn't need a contingency plan or rush to the bat-cave to do it. He can do it on the spot, at that moment *during* a fight.

Good for him. Slade's accolades are just as good as Bruce's, and Slade can and has done all the strategy stuff. Even Bonny's Slade, the overall worst version of Slade I'm aware of, defeated dozens of Bizarro clones by formulated a plan during the fight in Deathstroke Vol. 3 #15.

Deathstroke was a failed experiment who only knows a handful of martial arts.

Alright.

Got his eye shot out by Green Arrow.

Stabbed, actually. He was busy fighting a Green Lantern at the time. Regardless of him crushing Kyle's hand being PIS, that's enough of a distraction for anyone, including Batman, to lose track of Green ******* Arrow.

Someone Batman has beaten flawlessly time and time again.

In Green Arrow Vol. 3 #75 Slade stomped Green Arrow and Black Canary at the same time. Ollie literally begged for death. They were only saved by the Justice League's intervention, and even then, Slade temporarily incapacitated all present with a multi-million dollar flash bang and escaped. This included Batman.

You clearly see DS is most definitely not even all that much superior to Batman physically. And you're gonna need a whole lot more than the smallest physical advantage to beat Batman. Batman has the h2h abilities and the skills to beat people who out does him physically, as shown multiple times in the comics. Especially if it's someone like DS, who not even really that far ahead of Batman physically. The gap between them is small.

This would imply that Slade's first win against Batman was more of a skill showing than anything else.

And now with Batmans rebirth its probably much much smaller or closed.

Keep telling yourself that.

Now with armor and his rebirth I'm sure he could demolish Slade.

CaV me, then.

The only thing That most super-heroes have over Batman is their physical conditions. But Batmans always taken the skill, the brains, the resources, the skill set/abilities. DS only takes physical condition.

Slade decisively out-prepped Batman three issues ago, and Bruce doesn't have a gear advantage.

Physically is a gap that's not even that wide between them.

Going off of standalone feats and their fights against each other, it's very apparent that Slade's physical advantage is significant. For example, a weakened Deathstroke completely stomped Bronze Tiger in Deathstroke Vol. 3 #3:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

In comparison, Turner went untouched by Rebirth Batman in Batman Vol. 3 #4, and it was made clear that it was all thanks to superior speed:

No Caption Provided

There is definitely a significant stat difference.

Batman is a master marital artist. Mastered every art in existence and on top of that he created his own unique fighting style from it. A fighting style that isn't even comparable to anyone elses.

Green Arrow directly compared Batman's fighting style to Deathstroke's in Identity Crisis #3, lmao.

Batman uses weapons a lot too. Give Batman a stick and I'm sure he'll make the best of it.

It's been stated twice that Slade can turn anything into a weapon, but that he prefers to use his own.

Again, that fight still ended with Slade clearly having the upper-hand.

And Bruce Wayne has kicked down fully grown trees with his bare feet and has punched a diamond(or crystal)-plated wall and put a big dent in it without breaking his hand.

This is mostly exaggeration, but yeah, Batman hits hard. Slade still hits harder. In Deathstroke Vol. 1 #52 Slade beat up Ebrax, a bulletproof man who took hits from and one-shotted Hawkman. Moreover, in Detective Comics Vol. 1 #708 Slade scaled a building by digging his fingers into it:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Never mind the fact that it's been stated in-comic that Slade is stronger, and that he's left other heroes stunned by how hard he hits.

But not nearly as good a combatant as Batman. Last I checked he didn't learn every martial art in existence and create his own unique fighting style by combining some to make 1 fighting style of his own like Batman did.

The weakest, most unskilled version of Slade was considered to be a worthy successor to Ra's Al Ghul, by Ra's Al Ghul. Pre-Flashpoint Slade remarked upon Azrael's lack of technique. It's not like he's actually unskilled. I've already cited a weakened version of Slade seemingly besting Batman. Bruce's skill advantage is no greater than Slade's stat advantage, really.

Deathstroke only knows a handful of martial arts.

That was never stated. Your turn.

#39 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackagar:

"beating someone who is of greater speed and strength while using weapons designed to murder you is not going to be countered by some gadget so simply, especially when they are familiar. As a fan of Batman you should know, he makes mistakes while fighting and beating your opponent is all about exploiting mistakes."

Its not that hard to do. Its pretty simple. DS keeps almost all his weapons out in the wide open, unless he's putting in the effort to hide them or keep them from getting Batmans reach, it'll be a piece of cake to destroy them. It'll only require getting in close. And Batman makes mistakes? Well..doesn't everyone? Batman rarely makes mistakes when fighting. Its part of not being reckless. Batman exploits mistakes not make them to be exploited. Otherwise he'd have died long ago.

"You can master martial arts and techniques of sorts, but not combat. Batman gets beaten, as he should he's not a God. Slade's M.O is killing people and often dangerous and superior to him in man ways, he employs tactics that batman will not, that is an advantage."

Never said Batman was a God. And Deathstrokes willingness to kill doesn't make him better. Not even close especially since Batman actually does out do him in H2H skill by a mile. Batmans also brutal. He doesn't care. His "no kill" rule wouldnt hold him back. He could throw harley down two flights of stairs and jump on her chest after. If they're not dead, he doesn't care. Batman could literally go from scaring someone to straight up torturing them. Breaking bones and having them fall from buildings that are *just* tall enough to break their legs. Batmans not afraid to be brutal. So he isn't really holding back as much as people make it seem.

"In writing that I got a flash of like 10 times batman should've died like when he got stabbed by a sword that should've killed him or being slapped by people who crack planets etc , but didn't because comic books and that's not necessarily how battles are approached here. Slade would likely have damaged him to a close to death state if not a dead one."

Most definitely not. Batman takes on people much stronger than DS and comes out on top. But when its Deathstroke, Batmans reflexes goes to sleep and His fighting skill is cut by half? Honestly, Batman really out does Slade in skill in a margin so great that DS strength shouldn't even be as big an issue as the writers make it out to be. BUT Batman needs a rival. So they need to bring his skill down. It would just make more sense if the writers made a comic showing DS journey and during it he decides he wants to be better than Batman so he trains in more styles instead of just having him equal out with Batman when he honestly shouldn't.

#40 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread makes me realize how heavily wanked Slade is. If only Chew was here

#42 Posted by foxerdes (9778 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by lubub55 (12759 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Titanbreaker (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington Would love to see you do a respect Thread for Slade.

Question, how come no one is bringing up Slade's superior speed, reflexes, durability and healing factor?

#45 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@titanbreaker: They did. But Slade already said Batmans punches still hurt despite his healing factor and that it'd still take hours to heal up. And reflexes? Sure? But I don't know if He has those. But I do know he has enhanced vision, strength, speed, agility, and a healing factor. Reflexes, I don't recall.

And I believe we all came to the conclusion that Slades superior physical condition isn't really that big a gap from Batmans. But I still am sticking by Batman outclassing Slade in skill by a mile because he honestly does. People say he doesn't, but he does. Lol Slade hasn't went the length Batman has in skill. And that length is pretty far.

Because honestly, you can be the most fit man on earth like Batman(or even slightly better like Slade), but what good is it if the person you're fighting is a better fighter? What good is is it if your opponent has tools that could render yours useless? What good is it if your opponent could most definitely take the advantage in the dark, except writers don't write that. Because y'know, they need Batman to have a rival. And Batman easily taking the W cause he uses the environment to his advantage isn't a fight many people want to see.

#46 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington:

"You should've seen the other guy."

Doesn't take away he was beaten to a pulp himself. By an average thug.

"It's a win for Bruce, yes, but that issue makes it very clear that Slade is just better."

Ok let me get this out of the way..

How is he better? How is he "just better" when it's obvious Batmans the better fighter of the two? Oh,well, He should be. But forget feats. More bias writing.

"but overall fighting ability goes to Slade"

Ok, he has defense. So where does the part that he's a better fighter kick in? Batman has the moves and efficiency. Batman has the offense and his defense is on point. And it's amazing how Batmans never bothered to try to exploit pressure points on DS but overall fighting ability goes to Slade but hey, writing.

"that's enough of a distraction for anyone, including Batman, to lose track of Green ******* Arrow"

Don't pin DS's mistakes on Batman. The fact Batman is human, I'm sure is why he would actually *need* to have more situational awareness than Deathstroke. Sure Batman has the feats of a Meta, but I still think his situational awareness would be above DS because of the fact he really is still human. Among people like superman.

"This would imply that Slade's first win against Batman was more of a skill showing than anything else"

With a whole lot of bias writing sprinkled in the middle. Because he shouldn't be even close in skill with Batman. My point wasn't DS didn't have a physical advantage. It was that it isn't as big a gap as others may make it seem.

"This is mostly exaggeration,"

No it isn't. Lol. He did kick down a full grown tree with no problem, did he not? And He did punch a crystal plated wall and dented it with a gain, no problem, did he not? Lol

"In Deathstroke Vol. 1 #52 Slade beat up Ebrax, a bulletproof man who took hits from and one-shotted Hawkman. Moreover, in Detective Comics Vol. 1 #708 Slade scaled a building by digging his fingers into it"

Same.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/bat%20pics%202/batnet-midnight2.jpg

Took out a chunk of a brick wall to get out of a trap. And threw Solomon Grundy over his head with 1 arm despite Solomon charging at him.

Final note:

If Batman has fought Slade before and is well aware of his abilities, why do the writers continue to make him recreate the same mistakes as before? Batman could use evasive maneuvers and his agility to give him a bigger upper hand in H2H combat. But no. The writers create the same fight over and over. Batman fights smart, while DS is coming in time try to hurry for the win, why aren't the writers writing Batman like he's supposed to be and outsmart Slade? He's well aware of the dudes abilities, why are they making him constantly do the same thing over and over?

#47 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

@elijah_c_washington: That is..... some darn impressive knowledge

Thanks.

@lubub55 said:

@elijah_c_washington: Please make a Respect Thread.

I've been meaning to get around to that. I always get a really good start on things and then never finish them. For now, you can find a shit ton of Pre-Flashpoint Deathstroke feats in my images gallery. There's a tag for it.

@elijah_c_washington Would love to see you do a respect Thread for Slade.

Question, how come no one is bringing up Slade's superior speed, reflexes, durability and healing factor?

Thanks. I'll get around to that in my next post. @batmanplusjay is attempting to beat me where Deathstroke context is concerned, which is kind of comedic now that I think about it.

#48 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3395 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the terminator . BTW, loving Priests interpretation of Slade. Outmaneuvering and being one step of ahead of Batman, Damian, and Rose was genius.