when is it ok for a superhero to kill

#1 Posted by buddyblackhawk (195 posts) - - Show Bio

when is it ok for a superhero to kill some one the only example i can think of rite now is when william styrker and the purifiers started killing mutant kids and elixr killed stryker x-23 and dust killed everybody else do yall have more examples

#2 Posted by glforthewin (2386 posts) - - Show Bio

any time a gl kills somone. 

when he's really peeved like spawn 

#3 Posted by Coldheart (366 posts) - - Show Bio

If killing one person who has already killed or harmed others and will only do it again if allowed to live I say kill the b@stard and save yourself the trouble in the future.

#4 Posted by kore (401 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ok for a superhero to kill the same way it is for anyone else. The exceptions would be the ones that are sponsored by the government.

#5 Posted by Jotham (4577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Coldheart said:
" If killing one person who has already killed or harmed others and will only do it again if allowed to live I say kill the b@stard and save yourself the trouble in the future. "
Yeah, I think that sums it up. In other words, Batman should have killed the Joker a long time ago.
#6 Posted by castleking (24741 posts) - - Show Bio
whenever the camera isnt rolling or no one is there to see it..
#7 Posted by King Saturn (223208 posts) - - Show Bio
whenever they need to... need being the keyword there
Avatar image for kneel_before_doom
#8 Posted by kneel before doom (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Superheroes are icons, they are suppose to be role models.
If spider-man kills Norman Osbourn, than his young admires will think it's okay to kill.

#9 Posted by darkgundamz (253 posts) - - Show Bio
@kneel before doom said:

"Superheroes are icons, they are suppose to be role models. If spider-man kills Norman Osbourn, than his young admires will think it's okay to kill. "

Agreed. The reason Batman hasn't and will never kill the Joker is because he and all the rest of the superheroes are suppose to be better than that, but everyone has gotten so caught up on the idea of making every "realistic" in comics that the heroes are no longer super.  They're now just basically "Joe or Joan Schmoe" who wears a particular costume and because they wear a costume whatever they do is looked at as cool.  And that's the key : someone or more that one someone looks at it as being cool. A guy with a clown face in a purple suit kills a bunch of people: Bad.  A guy in a batsuit comes along and kills the guy with the  clown face in a purple suit  because he killed a bunch of people: Good?   Heroic?  No.  A Total Geekgasm Fantasy? Most definitely. My opinon: If DC had been smart, they would have kept the "Elseworlds" imprint alive to and Marvel would have been smart to make the Ultimate line into a "What If" imprint to do all the kinds of stories fans want to see, but shouldn't be seen in their mainstream universes.
#10 Posted by OhTru (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

this time