when do you think its ok for a superhero to kill

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ssjsuperman (955 posts) - - Show Bio

out side rape and child molestation. 

this guy new when he   needed to kill    

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends certain characters should not kill at all like characters who are powerful enough to defuse a situation with out casualties or a character who is a symbol like Cap. But some darker characters I do not mind them killing, I honestly prefer when heroes do not kill. It is bad ass to see some bad guys get there comeuppances. Characters like Rorschach and Punisher I do not consider heroes really.

#3 Posted by dane (10861 posts) - - Show Bio

never.
 makes Superman pose

#4 Posted by ssjsuperman (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
someone like the joker and cobra commander and dr.doom i think need to be kill for the sake of humanity
#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssjsuperman said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: someone like the joker and cobra commander and dr.doom i think need to be kill for the sake of humanity "
Then how will publishers sell book? =P They can be killed but not by Cap, Supes, and ect. That is why we have anti heroes
#6 Posted by ssjsuperman (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
ya i guss that is true they can just get anti heros to do there dirty work for them.
#7 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34199 posts) - - Show Bio

Like in the 80's Supergirl Saga.  Superman used kryptonite to kill 3 alternate universe Kryptonians, when they had completely devastated their Earth and intended to find and destroy Superman's earth as well.

#8 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

Tuesday afternoons.

#9 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: Cap has killed. He is a soldier after all and he fought in WWII. If you look at his older comics he and Bucky killed all the time. He still kills, in the first comic of his most recent series Sharon Carter show's up talking to him about stopping a terrorist attempt to blow up the train and she says to him that he severely injured most of them and had killed others. Cap may be a symbol but he still kills, and he should at times.
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Cap has killed. He is a soldier after all and he fought in WWII. If you look at his older comics he and Bucky killed all the time. He still kills, in the first comic of his most recent series Sharon Carter show's up talking to him about stopping a terrorist attempt to blow up the train and she says to him that he severely injured most of them and had killed others. Cap may be a symbol but he still kills, and he should at times. "
I know he kills I just do not think he should and I know Supes has killed I just do not agree with it
#11 Posted by ssjsuperman (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
somethimes you just have to for the sake of the world
#12 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:  There are extreme cases that villains should be killed.
#13 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssjsuperman : It's hardly on a world scale most of the time.
#14 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel to be a hero is to set a standard and never lower yourself to the scum you fight. But I love it when my anti heroes kill that is always awesome.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

im not saying that i want people like the joker out of comics but logically speaking it would be better for the people of gotham and batman personally if he was dead. there is no reasonable moral downside to taking him out if he was killed it would save hundreds of lives so logically killing him would be a good thing in the long run. from the perspective of story i understand keeping him alive tho.
#16 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: If there was someone like that in the real world he would have been put to death a long time ago.
#17 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13:
i agree ive never heard a single convincing argument for why batman shouldnt kill him so far it seems more like he just doesnt want joker to win more than any morality play
#18 Posted by ssjsuperman (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:
this reminds me of a story where a guy came in dressed as the joker went into a   hospital    and killed every baby in that  hospital. 

so somethimes reality can be why worse then fiction    
#19 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the Authority kill alot and that seems to solve a majority of their problems through using that method (Downside is people fear them , but who wouldn't fear super powered beings?) .....so instead of the endless cat and mouse games of capturing a villain , imprisoning said villain and then fight and capture villain again after he/she escapes ....

So yeah i dont mind Superheroes killing and whatnot .

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#20 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio