What's your opinion on the Nightwing/Starfire romance?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aros001
No Caption Provided

I've always liked it, and not just because of the TV show. I know there are other people out there who like it and there are plenty that don't. I'd just like to hear what the opinions are for everybody. Do you like it or not and why? (and please no bashing anyone who ships them and no bashing of anyone who doesn't)

Sircrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@aros001: they should do more with it. It's kind of just out there. They never really build on it but I'd like to see where it could lead. Like a cyclops jean grey type of thing

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It has to be one of the most pointless iconic couples in the industry.

Even when i dont see any reason they are an a iconic couple.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank the gods it is over

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well her and Arsenal are together now.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OrangeBat

@ariesxmasters: DickxDonna forever!

No Caption Provided

They've already been hinted at for years, might as well seal the deal. It's only fair if Starfire is with Roy now.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never liked it.

SSJTyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SSJTyler

I actually wish they did more with Dick and Star they just seemed to go together. Can't really explain it but when Kori said her love for the guy was eternal I felt for her man lol

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Guess I have to come here and set everyone straight.

In my opinion, the lasting impact of the Wolfman/Perez run of the Titans was the relationships that were created. One of the best relationships that started from the run was Dick and Kori. First off Dick and Kori were basically the first couple in mainstream comics that we saw in bed together naked, I know it sounds common place now but at the time it was a shocking development, so for anyone who sees their favorite couple in bed together, you have Dick/Kori to thank because they were the pioneers.

The whole idea behind Dick and Kori getting together was for Dick Grayson to become more open and Starfire's uninhibited vivacious personality contrasted well with Dick's cool demeanor, you could almost say Kori was the FOIL of Dick Grayson in many ways. Marv Wolfman stated in an interview that Batman always told Dick to think with his head instead of his heart, this and also his relationship with Bruce made him a rather cold character and made it almost impossible for him to have stable relationship and to be an effective team leader. He was on his way to becoming Bruce Wayne. Enter Starfire, who like Dick suffered tremendous personal loss but unlike Dick expressed her emotions freely, not just her emotion but her sexuality. Starfire was one of the first characters to want sex as much as the male character. Their relationship enabled Dick to open up to not only Kori but his teammates and it made him a much better leader. In fact it was their relationship that made Dick Grayson his own man and no longer just "Robin", he made the transition from "Robin" to "Nightwing" because of his experiences with Kori, he made the transition literally right in front of her and remember Dick Grayson was one of the first legacy characters to step out of the "sidekick" mantle. Basically Dick Grayson is the character he is today because of his relationship with Kori and legacy characters have been able to grow because of the relationship between Dick and Kori.

On the flip-side, the relationship between Dick and Kori made Kori a recognizable name in the DCU, but what was more important wasn't what it did to Starfire but what it did to female characters. As I've said before she was one the first female characters to embrace sexuality (though unlike Lodbell, Wolfman did it in an intelligent way) instead of repressing it and it was expressed in her relationship with Dick Grayson and it has shaped the writing of female characters (for the better) in comic books ever since.

IMO there are very few pairings in the DCU that are more developed than Dick and Kori that have changed the way characters are written like Dick and Kori that have changed the way couples are written like Dick and Kori. So if you think that Dick/Kori is a bad relationship, I respect your opinion but you're also dead wrong and there is nothing in RHATO that will ever come close to what was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez.

td;dr - If you don't like Dick/Kori, you better well respect it

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

One of my favorite relationships loved it back in new tt days. Starfire is too different now.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

One of my favorite relationships loved it back in new tt days. Starfire is too different now.

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Glaucus

I am in a very strong agreement with youknowwhattodo

Dick and Kory were each other's love interests from 1980 to 1994.

Kory helped Dick with growth and maturity. They were opposites that complemented one another.

Their connection in the 1980s,1990s comics was profound and meaningful.

They were one of the most popular and iconic couples in DC at the time

Kory was quite the supportive,caring,and loyal girlfriend to Dick.

She opened him up.

She helped him take off his red tunic when he gave up being Robin.

Right before he became Nightwing, he was grateful for Kory standing by him while he almost alienated everybody and that he loved her for that.

Dick and Kory had intimacy, tenderness, sweetness, and romance in their relationship.

Kory can put her foot down with Dick. She told him what he needed to hear and not what he wanted to hear.

DC Comics give her this description:

A princess who became a slave. A slave who became a warrior. A warrior who became one of the world’s greatest super heroes.

https://www.dccomics.com/characters/starfire

Dick thought this about Kory:

"A life filled with such hardships would have reduced others to despair, but not you. You fought back, looking at life as a challenge.

You're teaching me a lot, Kory.

I spent my first eighteen years living with Batman, learning how to contain my feelings. Three years with Kory's changing all that."

Kory told Dick

"If you love someone on Tamaran, you live for them and they for you."

Kory took that to heart. As a Tamaranean, she lived through her passions and emotions.

Nobody has to take my word for it.

This can be confirmed

a lot of comic pictures showing that Dick and Kory's relationship was based on love and caring with Kory being very supportive of Dick which helped him change for the better and be his own man

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-titans/4060-19081/forums/dick-graysonnight wing-and-koriandrstarfire-1975639/

I was actually Dick/Barbara fan until I learned about Kory.

After reading many Teen Titan,Titan issues, I am totally a fan of Dick/Kory now.

I believe that Dick and Kory belong together, and I hope that they reunite in the future.

They are a cute couple in the Teen Titan cartoon series.

They are a couple with great chemistry in the DC Animated Movies.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Batvibe12

I'm more of a Nightwing x Barbara fan so...

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow. I forgot I made this thread.

Older and wiser, I still love the two of them together but I do sadly know DC is unlikely to ever let them be a permanent couple again. Not as long as Nightwing still has a solo series that focuses primarily on street level crime. Giving a super powerful alien girlfriend who can come to your aid does kind of conflict with that tone a bit.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good but I dig dickbabs.