What's your favourite Justice Leauge title?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Eto

Poll What's your favourite Justice Leauge title? (17 votes)

Justice League 59%
Justice Leauge Dark 35%
Justice Leauge Odyssey 6%

• 
Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the tag but I don't read any of these.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tag but I don't read any of these.

Fair enough :)

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the normal JL book, cuz that’s the only one I’ve really read much of. Read some of Odyssey but haven’t kept up

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@tomkatie said:

Probably the normal JL book, cuz that’s the only one I’ve really read much of. Read some of Odyssey but haven’t kept up

same

(sorry this poll hasn't exactly gotten off to a great start)

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

1. justice League. Despite the hate it gets its already one of the best runs of the main league IMO

2.Dark, great concept and team with good art

3. The one I want to like the most but the art was downgraed badly after the first 2 issues and due to its so far feels the slowest it has the most potential and I hope I come out liking it a lot.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eto: I haven't been keeping up with DC since they went on this "f*ck your favorite characters" initiative, but I've heard good things about Odyssey

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathandGrim2: I thought they’ve done a good job at bringing old characters back

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Justice League from day one I have been into this. Love how they make each character shine from villain to hero an the story is good.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeathandGrim

@firestarlord73194: They just "killed" Wally though. I do like that Ted Kord seems to be back. But my gripe with DC right now is that there seems to be a prevalent them of "Happiness Bad" going around ever since No Justice and the books I read either got cancelled or became bad. Admittedly I haven't read everything but none of the books I liked had the same enjoyable approach I liked from Rebirth. Superman got a fate worse than death and I refuse to spend a single penny on anything written by Bendis and I won't even use a pirate site for it either. The conversation on the Superman forum confirmed what we all knew was an inevitability: he's tearing Superman apart.

I dunno with all those flags up in the air about the "direction" Didio wants DC comics to go in I can't get behind it.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathandGrim2: I don’t get the bendis hate... I actually like the current Superman run and young justice. What is it about him that makes people so fired up? Rebirth and current books have brought back a slew of old characters even some deep cuts we haven’t seen in a while. My biggest issue is the drawing out of Manhattans involvement in the change of the greater DC Universe landscape but as far as characters and their development go I’m all for what’s going on with DC currently. The death of Wally is sorta dumb but there’s more to that and I think people jump to conclusions before knowing the full context of the story (not saying you do this but others freaked over this before giving it a chance when chances are wally is still alive and nothing is as it seems) What is the “Happiness Bad” that you are referring to?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really digging any of the current League runs at moment

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeathandGrim

@firestarlord73194: Bendis writes like a child who's still discovering his skills. A lot of his moments feel unbelievable even by comics standards. One of my least favorites from recent memory was from invincible Iron Man with Riri william in which there was a moment where Riri literally pressures her teacher into talking down to her because she wanted motivation. It played out insanely awkward even in its brevity. Needless to say I wasn't jumping for joy to have the mastermind behind that writing for Superman. I dropped the book without even finishing Tomasi and Gleason's awesome run because why bother?

And the "Happiness Bad" comes from an actual statement from Dan Didio in 2013 stating that "Superheroes shouldn't have happy personal lives" in response to an inquiry about Batwoman being able to marry her soulmate. But then I started seeing this sentiment slowly but surely creep its way in at least in the books I've read which includes Superman, Supersons, Teen Titans, Titans, Batman.

I was enjoying everything Superman and Superfamily during Rebirth, I thought it was really interesting that Lex wanted to be a hero to honor the previous fallen Clark, I thought the family dynamic was a really fresh way to read Superman, Jon Kent was an awesome kid. And I'm the not the only who felt this way. And yet he had his marriage essentially broken up and his child taken from him for no reason.

Batman got built up for 50 issues only to have the biggest blue balls ending I've ever read. I liked the Gotham and Gotham girl arc, I liked I am Bane/Batman arcs, WOJAR was... tolerable, and I appreciated that finally Batman showed signs of moving on in his life and maybe, just maybe a hint of development. And then Issue 50 happened and was justified with him being afraid of being happy. No, it was the writers afraid of moving the needle even a friggin inch. I dropped the book.

Super Sons got ended because Bendis artificially aged up Jon so yay. I didn't like the interesting dynamic between two kids of the Trinity anyway, thank god for that.

Titans reconnecting with their friend who was literally erased from existence? Nope "kill" Wally, break up the team, and throw Donna in Justice League Jail.

All of this happened in such a short span of time and it exhausted me mentally. Every issue it was something more depressing. I didn't remember asking for this. I don't care about these books anymore. I miss the self confidence in their properties from Rebirth, not the "keep shaking things up" approach from New52 and DC You. I've lost pretty much all faith in DC

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By baph

Honestly, JSA is better than all of them.

I hope they bring them back.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: Bendis writes like a child who's still discovering his skills. A lot of his moments feel unbelievable even by comics standards. One of my least favorites from recent memory was from invincible Iron Man with Riri william in which there was a moment where Riri literally pressures her teacher into talking down to her because she wanted motivation. It played out insanely awkward even in its brevity. Needless to say I wasn't jumping for joy to have the mastermind behind that writing for Superman. I dropped the book without even finishing Tomasi and Gleason's awesome run because why bother?

The problem, what I've noticed, all characters in his YJustice comic act the same. There's no personality, it's bland. Then again, He has too much on his plate. Superman, AC, YJ, Cover, Pearl, Naomi are the ones that come to mind. That's way too much for a writer IMO.

And the "Happiness Bad" comes from an actual statement from Dan Didio in 2013 stating that "Superheroes shouldn't have happy personal lives" in response to an inquiry about Batwoman being able to marry her soulmate. But then I started seeing this sentiment slowly but surely creep its way in at least in the books I've read which includes Superman, Supersons, Teen Titans, Titans, Batman.

I was enjoying everything Superman and Superfamily during Rebirth, I thought it was really interesting that Lex wanted to be a hero to honor the previous fallen Clark, I thought the family dynamic was a really fresh way to read Superman, Jon Kent was an awesome kid. And I'm the not the only who felt this way. And yet he had his marriage essentially broken up and his child taken from him for no reason.

Batman got built up for 50 issues only to have the biggest blue balls ending I've ever read. I liked the Gotham and Gotham girl arc, I liked I am Bane/Batman arcs, WOJAR was... tolerable, and I appreciated that finally Batman showed signs of moving on in his life and maybe, just maybe a hint of development. And then Issue 50 happened and was justified with him being afraid of being happy. No, it was the writers afraid of moving the needle even a friggin inch. I dropped the book.

Lmao. True words.

Super Sons got ended because Bendis artificially aged up Jon so yay. I didn't like the interesting dynamic between two kids of the Trinity anyway, thank god for that.

I'm still not over it. One of my fav rebirth titles. alas.

Titans reconnecting with their friend who was literally erased from existence? Nope "kill" Wally, break up the team, and throw Donna in Justice League Jail.

All of this happened in such a short span of time and it exhausted me mentally. Every issue it was something more depressing. I didn't remember asking for this. I don't care about these books anymore. I miss the self confidence in their properties from Rebirth, not the "keep shaking things up" approach from New52 and DC You. I've lost pretty much all faith in DC

You and me both man.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JSA.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points