Avatar image for deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1
#1 Edited by deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the hate Christian Bale gets for playing Batman, I really don't.

For me, the second best Batman is Michael Keaton, Christian Bale is the #1 best Batman in the last 26 years, because he was essentially playing two characters, Bruce Wayne the Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist and Bruce Wayne the Batman, and he plays the two alter-egos so well.

But with Ben Affleck's Batman, I don't see that at all, he doesn't even change his voice when playing Bruce Wayne and Batman, and his Batsuit is one of the worst I've ever seen, it doesn't look like it blends well with the shadows, Nolan's Batsuit is better looking and it looks like what an assassin or ninja would wear.

Also, we should be thanking Christopher Nolan and Bale for making Batman relevant again for live action movies after Joel Schumacher and George Clooney ruined it for us.

#2 Posted by silvanus (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be due to villains stealing spotlight from him in all his movies. I am not sure. I liked Baleman too.

#3 Posted by Aros001 (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale's batsuit was meant to be more realistic with Affleck's was meant to be more like the comics. That's why Affleck's cape would almost always forms a perfect bat shape when he jumps while Bale's just hangs behind him. Both Batmen fit the word of their movies and I think any like/dislike for how they are handled is simply due to whether you prefer a more realistic setting or a more comic book one. That's actually why Affleck's Batman is higher on the list for me. I still like Bale's, and I certainly prefer Ledger's Joker way over Leto's.

#4 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never seen anyone hate on Christian Bale's Batman. His is probably the most popular on the entire Internet. What are you on about?

#5 Posted by deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1 (568 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by JuJuCrunk (437 posts) - - Show Bio

@argonvegell: It's not that he gets hate. Everybody just doesn't think everything out of TDK franchise is the be all end all epitome of comic book movie elements. So to people who worship the series they see any relevant complaint as this blindsiding, crazy bandwagon hate fest.

TDK series simply wasn't perfect.

#7 Posted by deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: If Affleck's Batman is suppose to look like what he see in the comics, then how come his Batman looks fat? My brother had a collection of Batman comics from the 1950s and Batman didn't look as fat as Affleck's Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#8 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never seen anyone hate on Christian Bale's Batman. His is probably the most popular on the entire Internet. What are you on about?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
#9 Posted by deactivated-5b5405244e89c (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

Herky phads !!!

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#10 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale's Batman voice is dumb. It's completely goofy and makes any dramatic moment instantly funny. Keaton didn't need to make his voice that different and it worked far better.

He makes a great Bruce Wayne, but I'd never put him as the top Batman. That's absurd.

#11 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

@argonvegell: well LOL I guess there are no lack of troll haters on the Internet. The only reason I can think of is that Bale's Batman isn't very accurate to comic Batman. Completely on his own, no comparison to Affleck or any others.

His voice honestly isn't very good, and he's rather slow in fighting for someone trained as a ninja, and the biggest thing to me is how dumb they made him. Comic Batman is a super genius who made all of his tech and is a master detective, but here he has Lucius Fox do everything for him.

His Bruce Wayne is superb, no complaints there. But his Batman could use improvements in terms of comic accuracy. However, I get that Nolan wanted a more realistic portrayal, so no hate there. I totally loved him.

#12 Edited by deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: for me Bale's voice isn't stupid, he donned the mantle of the Batman to strike fear in the hearts of his enemies and criminals, so his voice has to be as black as his appearance, and also, if Batman doesn't change his voice, people will tell Bruce Wayne is Batman.

@gateofbabylon: define dumb? I didn't find Bale's Batman dumb at all, I find his Batman more human than the comic version because he needs people to help him in his struggles, he defines the phrase "no man is an island".

#13 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

He was a good bruce bad batman

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#14 Posted by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

I want another Bale Batman movie stat.

#15 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

the movies were boring...i only watched them once upon release days...compared to me watching THOR the dark world like 5 times

#16 Posted by Green_Tea (10484 posts) - - Show Bio

^lmao I can’t even.

#17 Edited by Aros001 (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

@argonvegell said:

@aros001: If Affleck's Batman is suppose to look like what he see in the comics, then how come his Batman looks fat? My brother had a collection of Batman comics from the 1950s and Batman didn't look as fat as Affleck's Batman.

Okay, 1. The dude probably built up more muscle than you or I will ever have for BvS. And 2. BvS took inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns, where Batman is bulkier than normal but it's most certainly not fat. There's a difference in body type between someone who is trying to look strong vs. someone who has actually trained for strength, with the later generally being much bigger.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11493 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by JuJuCrunk (437 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

the movies were boring...i only watched them once upon release days...compared to me watching THOR the dark world like 5 times

This

#20 Posted by deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001:Those are some ugly drawings of Batman. Now waits for Frank Miller fans hunts me down with pitchforks.

Thank god the BTAS didn't use this as their inspiration for their Batman.

@payneintheass: What do you mean by "Well that´s because the montage was bad"? Do you mean my version of Justice League 2017 is bad? Well, if you think that, it's cool, to each his own.

#21 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio
@thorson said:

Image result for laughing gif

#22 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11493 posts) - - Show Bio

@argonvegell: I meant in a jokingly way that the montage was pretty basic

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
#23 Edited by deactivated-5ba513314c41c (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

tl;dr OP got trolled on the interwebs and came to CV to troll everyone here about it. stop feeding him please

#24 Edited by deactivated-5b6fd1f5ce1a1 (568 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by WhyZoSerious (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

I can tell you why:

1. People overestimate TDK and underestimate BB begins, which is the better movie.

2. Batman is pretty much the second fiddle in the movies(in the TDK he is even the third fiddle).

3. The worldwide overestimation of the movies.

4. Batman fanboys, totally intolerant to any form of criticizing.

5. Christian Bale's wooden acting.

#26 Posted by The_Badman (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

No Caption Provided

#27 Posted by Nyhybrid89 (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: @argonvegell: I think the reason why bale Batman get so much hate (especially here on comicvine) is because his fighting skills is so underwhelming. He fights more like a brawler then a person with skill. He was way too slow and stiff, and didn't too comic Batman no justice in that department. But batfleck did, he had the built, strength and speed to do comic Batman justice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0a49ad1c665
#28 Posted by deactivated-5c0a49ad1c665 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame and suck

#29 Posted by Blades24 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

He is dull and boring.