What's the problem with the DC animation department ???

• 53 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@entropy_aegis said:

You keep bringing up events that happen offscreen as examples of Batman stealing the show so yeah it leads to believe that you want him out altogether.

Nope, just don't want the team to live and die by him as I've said already. Telling them to scale back =/= Batman should never show up in a DC film again. Not sure what's so hard to grasp.

Why would I be mad at what you say? Batman films aren't going anywhere, that's what we both know.

K. Never said they should. Once again, don't know what's hard to grasp about that.

Wonder Woman gets to lead the JL, Wonder Woman ends up in a romance with Superman that actually carries over to the next few films, Wonder Woman hurts Darkseid first and becomes Darkseid's actual target. This was Wonder Woman's first mission. No I dont believe it was a Diana centric film but these events are important.

Definitely does NOT end up leading the team. At all. Where did that come from? Because she followed Green Lantern's line of reasoning? And the reason she becomes Darkseid's actual target is because she hits the hardest. Once again, all everybody else is good for is punching things.

On the other hand lets take a look at the Batman centricness you supposedly provided:

Childish bickering with a man child which everyone was doing at various points but some reason Batman gets singled out. I guess we can add Diana shutting up and punking Billy as "proof" that the film was Wonder Woman centric lol moving on.

SIGH. It's not the bickering I have an issue with, it's the fact that Batman gets to tell Green Lantern how to use his own powers repeatedly. "CONCENTRATE, GREEN LANTERN! FOCUS!" I'm pretty sure you'd be pissed if Flash showed up and started going "Hey, Batman! Here's how to use your utility belt! Take the Batarang out first, then toss it at the bad guy. YOU'RE NOT THROWING IT RIGHT, BATMAN! FOCUS, YOU FOOL!"

I don't even see how people can say this movie hated Batman with a straight face. It's obvious who this movie really hated.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's based on a comic, the intro sequence was an adaptation from the comic and it actually starts with Jordan, moving further

This part's actually partly my mistake. I was remembering the original comic rather than the film. The film manages to make it worse somehow. "Oh, look, Green Lantern. He's saving falling people, meh, guess he's alright. Woah, demon! Green Lantern's on the ropes. HOLY CRAP, IT'S BATMAN! SAVED GREEN LANTERN IN ONE SHOT! Look at him, telling that punk Green Lantern to get out of his city! Yeah, Batman!"

Yes, after getting his ass kicked and then having his own identity exposed away without any agency.

Because he's FIGHTING SUPERMAN. This is an obvious outcome and the one thing about the movie that I cheer about. If they pulled some Dark Knight Returns garbage, I would've turned it off right there.

Besides that, he totally has agency in that scene, because he gets to force a stalemate with Superman despite being physically outmatched, AND is the first to know the other's identity by being so awesome at deducing. Superman just rushes in, punching them around offices without thinking or listening, and needs his powers to know Batman's identity. Batman walks away looking like a boss. Superman walks away looking like a dumb brute who relies on his powers for everything. Oh, poor Batman.

Also gets saved by other heroes like you know every other team mission

Like every other team mission, all he did was attach his belt on Darkseid

Flash showing up and fanboying over how awesome Batman is is "like every mission?" And Batman doesn't save just anyone like the other heroes do. He gets to save Superman. That means something. Even the plot knows it, because it stops for a minute to specifically highlight that fact.

Batman: Keep Darkseid busy until I get back.

Green Lantern: Back? Back from where? Hey!

Batman: I'm going to get Superman.

I'm pleased to see you believe that deducing Desaad was right handed constitutes as "thinking", yeah that one scene showed everyone who's the smart guy.

Green Lantern: Yeah, you better run!

Batman: No, they're assembling, waiting for whoever's behind this to launch the attack.

Superman: Ok, now what?

*break*

Superman: What are they doing with them?

Batman: I don't know, but I do know this. They're not killing anyone. They're harvesting them.

*break*

Green Lantern: What's it doing in Gotham?

Batman: Witnesses spotted this thing trying to plant some kind of bomb downtown. When the cops confronted it, it spewed fire from its mouth.

*break*

Green Lantern: What, nobody asked you to prom so you dress as a bat and prowl around your parents' basement?

Batman: What's this do?

Green Lantern: Huh?!

Batman: No buttons. I assume it works off concentration.

Green Lantern: How'd you do that?

Batman: You weren't concentrating.

Green Lantern: You won't do that again.

Batman: Unless I want to.

Notice how the other characters' dialogue (besides Flash, but he's an established Batman fanboy in this movie for some stupid reason) gets reduced to "Huh? What?" whenever he opens his mouth?

Knowing Kal's identity was the ONLY important Batman event in this film, even inspiring Hal amounted to nothing.

Obviously not.

Stop taking youtube comments seriously, Damian HAS legit appeal among kids, Robin generally has had that advantage. Son of Batman sold more even then both parts of TDKR and all movies in the 5-6 years that preceded it. A bunch of man children crying about feats isn't going to change that.

Sorry, just had to point out the important part. Robin was popular before Damian, and he'll be popular after. Also way to ignore the obvious reason people were clamoring to see Son of Batman. Novelty sells.

Also, as a side note: Even the children at the summer camp I worked at talk about feats when discussing superheroes. They just don't call it that. It's part of how we get to like them to begin with. Nobody likes a superhero who can't do anything.

Damian aint the leader of TT bub.

Might as well be. Who takes charge when it goes to hell? Who gets to give the big speech to rally Raven when she's ready to give up? Who gets to tell Batman to back off? Whose change of heart is highlighted throughout? Who has the plan and gets to take down Superman? Who gets to say "I'm a Titan!"? There's a reason I said "de facto."

LOL you actually think the likes of Starfire and Beast Boy can handle their own movies without some Robin? LOL LOL and LOL, delusional much?

If their strengths are highlighted and they're made likable to the audience, sure, why not? You DO realize we have a crowd of people clamoring for a Black Widow movie now? If you told me that 10 years ago, I would've laughed at you.

No evidence to back up that claim, on the other hand there is evidence to the contrary.

Besides The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, and others, you mean? You think those movies and shows would've become successful if Marvel and DC kept cowering in their boots? If the MCU said "Well, Iron Man's popular. Forget Avengers and Guardians, let's make Iron Man 10!" and the CW said "Well, Fox has Gotham. Guess we're screwed. Arrow is our only show, guys!"

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@jonez_ said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@aros001 said:
@stormshadow_x said:

Don't blame them for the TV. Blame kids these days. Everything has to be adventure time :P

You've never seen that much of Adventure Time, have you? Because that show can be both really fun and really dark.

I've seen plenty. Its mostly Fun and when its really Dark most kids don't understand it. Hasn't been good since season 2 anyway

niggey I hope you've only seen a handful of episodes because then I can give your bad opinion a pass

Good day.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 anthp2000  Moderator

You Sir are right. DCAU is like Nickelodeon.