what's the panic over joker really about ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i would like to know what is the panic over the new movie joker really about ? i mean on the news there talking about putting police all over the theaters and other stuff

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When WB/DC put out a film, the world goes crazy for some reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea48b09caace
deactivated-5ea48b09caace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're scared it might encourage the behavior displayed in the film.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone might use the movie as an excuse to lash out, probably.

Essem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie itself is not the problem, its the media's talk about "this is a dangerous movie blablabla" that is setting it up to be the perfect stage for someone to do a mass shooting or something to get the most possible attention. It's the media that are the dangerous ones. The movie itself is fairly harmless in that regard.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are over reacting. It is just a movie.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the fallout of the time a person dressed as the Joker killed people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. I don't blame people for getting paranoid it may happen again.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The media just can't accept that this movie hasn't "inspired" any mass shootings.

It's gotten to the point where the media is so desperate to paint this movie as something dangerous, that they've decided to report on two people smoking at the theatre as if it's some national emergency.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11 krisbishop  Moderator

They're paranoid that the film will inspire gun violence and mass shootings.

The media just can't accept that this movie hasn't "inspired" any mass shootings.

It's gotten to the point where the media is so desperate to paint this movie as something dangerous, that they've decided to report on two people smoking at the theatre as if it's some national emergency.

And then this.

Ironic, really, that the media is proving the film right.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So much unnecessary drama.

That's why Americans are always funny to me, heh.

More like the media tries to artificially induce drama to push an agenda.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As usual, people are being overly sensitive and trying to find a scapegoat for why humans do stuff. Nothing new.

Just accept humans are piece of shit creatures and move on.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

The media's fear mongering and exaggerations are one of the reasons mass shootings are as prevalent as they are today. They're human leeches that encourage and feed off of people's fears, insecurities and anger.

Avatar image for oswaldcobblepot
OswaldCobblepot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's a movie about a violent loner abandoned by society who gets some revenge and attention.

movies where the protagonists are nihilistic killers usually spark a public conversation about if the content of these kinds of movies is artistically valid, or just pure immoral exploitation. Natural Born Killers sparked a similar media panic back in the 90s

and movies have in the past inspired real life crimes. such as columbine (inspired by Natural Born Killers) Aurora theatre shootings (inspired by The Dark Knight) and the movie Scream inspired a bunch of real life crimes too. so the concern is not entirely baseless, just a little overly dramatic.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "panic" came from critics who completely misinterpreted what this movie had to say about gun violence and mental illness. Some of them actually thought it would cause a mass shooting.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "panic" came from critics who completely misinterpreted what this movie had to say about gun violence and mental illness. Some of them actually thought it would cause a mass shooting.

Well the last movie that had a prominent Joker character, a dude literally dressed like a clown and killed a bunch of people in a movie theater.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@rdskns4eva said:
@mrmonster said:

Well the last movie that had a prominent Joker character, a dude literally dressed like a clown and killed a bunch of people in a movie theater.

That's actually based on a false report. The shooting had nothing to do with TDK. Even if it were true, it would not be the fault of the film. People who commit these crimes are extremely mentally unstable individuals regardless. They're usually using their cited "inspirations" as focal points to inspire more violence and anger between two opposing sides that are already at each other's throats. The New Zealand shooter's a great example of this.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a guy in my theatre sitting in the corner by himself and be was looking up and down at everyone in the theatre halfway through the joker he stood and walked back and forth on the front with a backpack on.

Me and my friend got up and left we got a refund and told the people how this guy was acting weird and then we hit the road.

This was last night my second time watching the movie we got the part where his mom ends up in the hospital.