• 61 results
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14796 posts) 1 month, 5 days ago

Poll: What’s the most overrated movie in the MCU? (62 votes)

Iron Man 10%
Avengers 21%
Captain America The Winter Soldier 11%
Captain America Civil War 15%
Thor Ragnarok 31%
Avengers Infinity War 13%

BLACK PANTHER IS NOT LISTED BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE CALL IT OVERRATED IN COMPARISON TO THE PRAISE IT GETS.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#51 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (6940 posts) - - Show Bio

Black panther

All these are soild movies

#52 Posted by the_stegman (40070 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these are good. Anyone who knows me knows my answer. Iron Man 3.

#53 Posted by Jechundesung (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Ragnarok. The only thing good about that movie was the Colosseum "death match". Everything else was meh.

#54 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil war didnt impress me much, no idea why its so special

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#55 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14796 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16262 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil war didnt impress me much, no idea why its so special

Same here, but I haven't watched it a while so maybe I just forgot.

#57 Edited by the_stegman (40070 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: People often say it's "fine" or "not Terrible"

No. It's terrible. Calling it mediocre is overrating it.

#58 Posted by MetalJimmor (6036 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

end of the movie was great. Really.

But the airport scene was so friendly that I was already "out of the game".

Suspension of disbelief is what make watching these CBM a good experience. But once you lose it (in my case during the fake fight between Natasha and Clint), it's pretty hard to get back into the movie.

Why does a movie need to be either light or dark? Why can't a movie have both light parts and dark parts? In my opinion, making a movie is like a smoothie, where all the parts: the action, the comedy, the seriousness and the lightness come together to create a thrilling, well-balanced experience, similair to ingredients in a recipe. If anything, going from the lightness of the airport scene to the dark nature of the third-act makes it all the more impactful and shocking.

I actually had the same experience as Bullpr, so I think I can weigh in a bit here.

It isn't so much that it was a light moment before the dark. That much is fine. For me it was because the airport scene was the scene. It was the centerpiece of all the commercials. It was the big, epic battle between heroes that the movie was sold as. I didn't want to see a light hearted slap fight between teams that were clearly holding back. It took me out of the experience and left me feeling pretty disappointed.

The fight with Ironman and Captain America largely made up for it, but it can't really wash away the disappointment I felt mid-movie and how let down I was by the airport fight.

#59 Posted by Essem (241 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the ones listed Infinity War. Very mediocre movie, too many characters and storylines, it wasnt done optimally. People are too blinded by the whole "oh look many cool characters in the same movie syndrom".
They did Thanos pretty good but thats about it.

#60 Edited by FangDaNerd (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't find a single movie overrated, people can like whatever they want as much as they want as it's their opinion but hey that's just me.

#61 Posted by Darkthunder (714 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity war . I don't get why people cr