What's the most creative way to bring back a superhero?

#1 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

You can make up you're own way or you can comment on a cool way you already saw In a comic book.

#2 Posted by cyberninja (10669 posts) - - Show Bio

It was all a dream, DUN DUN DUN!!!

#3 Posted by Dracade102 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

Pluck another copy out from a slightly alternate timeline.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#4 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio

How about we leave dead heroes dead?
*cough* Steve Rogers*cough*
If Marvel/DC doesnt want their characters to stay dead then they shouldnt kill them. Simple as that.
If they follow this rule, then maybe in the future I would bother caring if there ever were a "Death of Cyclops arc" or something similar.

#5 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: But, When someone dies It sells.......................sometimes.
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
How about we leave dead heroes dead? *cough* Steve Rogers*cough* If Marvel/DC doesnt want their characters to stay dead then they shouldnt kill them. Simple as that. If they follow this rule, then maybe in the future I would bother caring if there ever were a "Death of Cyclops arc" or something similar.
This was the smartest thing I heard all day.
#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (27615 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
How about we leave dead heroes dead? *cough* Steve Rogers*cough* If Marvel/DC doesnt want their characters to stay dead then they shouldnt kill them. Simple as that. If they follow this rule, then maybe in the future I would bother caring if there ever were a "Death of Cyclops arc" or something similar.
My thoughts exactly. What's the point of killing the characters if you know they are going to be back soon?
#8 Posted by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38: The most creative way? Katabasis. I tend to like the stories of redemption from the Afterlife. Katabasis as it was called in ancient Greece. Fighting one's way from the grips of death is far more interesting than the oft used dimensional rift, or slip in time. I like the old tales of Dante, Orpheus, Persephone, Odysseus, Osiris, Theseus, Gilgamesh, Baldr, and Izanagi.
#9 Posted by Kid weather (591 posts) - - Show Bio

hell ya baby.Katabasis rocks

#10 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the worst superhero resurrection was captain America.........just terrible.

#11 Posted by labarith (730 posts) - - Show Bio

The best way is to not kill them.  Worked for Reed in the 90s, and Johnny'll enjoy it in 2012.

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (17981 posts) - - Show Bio

Kirby drew Thing back into reality(this really happened)

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
#13 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (3577 posts) - - Show Bio

2 Words... Infinity Gems.
#14 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: What comic book?
#15 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Not killing them in the first place..

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (17981 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:
@cattlebattle: What comic book?
LOL don't remeber, Kirby was "god" and drew him back to life
No Caption Provided
#17 Posted by TheRedRobin (227 posts) - - Show Bio

If you killed them don't bring them back fnd someone to take their spot or make it so that you don't actually see them die so they could have survived.
#18 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite so far was how Bucky brought back Toro with the Cosmic Cube, I especially liked how he felt about his friend dying alone.

#19 Posted by xybernauts (888 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm personally partial to pure power.  

• Like during the Marvel Civil War when Wolverine's was  burnt right off and all that was left was the  Adamantium then his healing factor brought him back to life. 
  • Or end of the Watchmen (comic) story when  Ozymandias  killed Dr. Manhattan with that ray gun, or atleast we think he killed him only to find out a second later that he's still alive. 
  • Or in the first Matrix movie, at the end when Mr. Smith shoots multiple bullets into Neo. Technically I think Neo died, but using sheer will Neo is able to resurrect himself and take control of how he experiences the matrix.
  • Or the Highlander franchise, with those awesome quickenings. 

I also like the classic, God and Resurrection.  The Winchester bros  have gotten killed so many times yet to me it never gets old. I think it's because of how the show is written. In one episode of show Supernatural Dean goes to hell only to be pulled out of hell by the angels who make there series debut. There was this one episode when both bros were killed by hunters who found out they were responsible for starting the Apocalypse. They were shot dead, yet they could still be brought back to life because the angels needed them. They basically wouldn't allow them to die even if they wanted to.  Another time Sam whose possessed with Lucifer goes to hell. Again an angel resurrects him, but this time they created an entire story arc revolving around how he was resurrected without his soul.  I thought that was interesting. I know these sounds mundane, but I think they are all done very tastefully. They work because of the Biblical theme of the show and they always add some element that explores another aspect of supernatural resurrection.  

@MydLyfeCrysis said: 
@utotheg38: The most creative way? Katabasis. I tend to like the stories of redemption from the Afterlife. Katabasis as it was called in ancient Greece. Fighting one's way from the grips of death is far more interesting than the oft used dimensional rift, or slip in time. I like the old tales of Dante, Orpheus, Persephone, Odysseus, Osiris, Theseus, Gilgamesh, Baldr, and Izanagi.
Also, Kratos, the God of War  This really sounds cool. 

@Chaos Prime said:
Not killing them in the first place..
You mean going back in time and preventing the very thing that killed them in the first place or rebooting the universe so the event that killed them never occurred! :) j/k I know what you mean. Bringing people back to life could work if it's done right. The key is not to prolong the death and you need to bring them back in a way that makes sense within the context of the story. 
#20 Posted by Green Skin (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that the Exiles would have been a good way to bring back a dead character.  SInce there was countless Exiles teams, its plausible a 'dead' 616 character was merely plucked away to serve on a team of Exiles.

#21 Edited by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

@Green Skin said:

I always thought that the Exiles would have been a good way to bring back a dead character. SInce there was countless Exiles teams, its plausible a 'dead' 616 character was merely plucked away to serve on a team of Exiles.

I call this the Millennium method. They were supposed to die, but some time/dimension traveler saw some use for them. Even better with the wrinkle of "no one can know they're not actually dead" because it adds some tension.

#22 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Green Skin said:
I always thought that the Exiles would have been a good way to bring back a dead character. SInce there was countless Exiles teams, its plausible a 'dead' 616 character was merely plucked away to serve on a team of Exiles.
I call this the Millennium method. They were supposed to die, but some time/dimension traveler saw some use for them. Even better with the wrinkle of "no one can know they're not actually dead" because it add some tension.

lol

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:
This was the smartest thing I heard all day.
#24 Posted by 202122 (1260 posts) - - Show Bio

Stealing Jason Todd and chucking him in a resurrecting pool only for him to go crazy and turn into Red Hood was pretty creative

#25 Posted by Deadcool (6944 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way, people would always be mad, they would always feel "betrayed".