What's the better movie? Spider-Man 2 or The Dark Knight?

• 87 results
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17932 posts) 3 years, 10 months ago

Poll: What's the better movie? Spider-Man 2 or The Dark Knight? (190 votes)

The Dark Knight 63%
Spider-Man 2 37%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What's your favourite? What's the superior movie in your humble opinion?

#51 Posted by Mutant1230 (7085 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 was a better comic book adaptation.

The Dark Knight was a better overall film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b32f444136d7
#52 Posted by deactivated-5b32f444136d7 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight is the better film, but Spider-Man 2 was the better experience.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#53 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43912 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly the Spider-Man movies are just so much fun. It might not actually be a better movie, but it’s what I’d rather watch.

#54 Edited by Punisher_ (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats is hard cause I love both Movies but Dark Knight was a freaking felt like a dam experience more than a movie. I was tight through out the whole movie so I gotta say Dark Knight.

Love me some Spider-Man 2 though!

#55 Edited by deathstroke512 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

The dark knight but spiderman 2 is my favorite live action spiderman movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#56 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Spider-Man 3 stomps TDK.

#57 Posted by mrmonster (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight.

#58 Edited by DevisedDream (556 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Spider-Man 2 was better.

#59 Posted by KanyeCosby (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn’t remotely close at all. The Dark Knight godstomps. Spiderman 2 is good but it doesn’t really hold up as well.

#60 Posted by Subline (9535 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight but barely.

My 2 Favourite Superhero films.

#61 Posted by FaradaySloth (12207 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK

#62 Posted by Worldofthunder (5192 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously TDK

#63 Posted by DubokTheFierce (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Two very different movies and both some of the best overall, imo. Spiderman 2 was incredible for it's time; but the dark knight is just something that even people who don't like comics enjoy. Spiderman 2 is a great superhero movie, the dark knight is just a great movie in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
#64 Edited by deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

The Dark Knight.

Without including generic things like 'good acting, good writing etc', off the top of my head, a few reasons I prefer it are:

• It's different from any Batman that came before it while also feeling incredibly familiar and still retaining the core of what the character is all about.
  • The Dark Knight pushed the boundaries of what a superhero film can accomplish i.e. it took poignant real-world concepts and issues and pushed them within a framework of Batman without ever detracting from the story, but rather, adding to it, it just feels so grandiose without ever losing sight of smaller moments which ground the world.
  • TDK has become a fundamental part of not only Batman lore, but cinema in general, to this day it inspires the tonality/ sensibility of many films and film-makers.
  • Heath Ledger's Joker is simply the best Comic-Book villain ever adapted in my opinion, a wrecking ball of utter carnage who, in his chaotic, brilliant madness, encapsulated perfectly what makes Batman by demonstrating what he is not.
  • The film has a brilliant momentum which never lets up, it just has this brilliant rhythm to it that's difficult to define, but it propels me through the entire film and provides a level of rewatchability that few films have, Nolan transitions from plot point to plot point in ways that smoothen the experience really well.

I think it's a bit much to say it's the best film ever as some do, but it really is a stellar piece of cinema.

I liked the part when Joker and Batman are on the chase and theatricals about the parts of the movie where Batman was going to kill Joker with his motorcycle and when Joker was falling on to the ground but he couldn't which shows how much rivalry this two witnessed in this single movie that was shown for years on comics ....This was my favorite Batman and DCEU movie imo

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#65 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4802 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK.

#66 Posted by GateOfBabylon (5318 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight.

Not even remotely close. The nostalgia goggles people have for Spider-Man 2 is unreal.

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#67 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK Solos all spider-man movies.

SM2 was ok but it aged poorly and it’s mostly nostalgia , very overrated.

#69 Posted by Kluhh (65 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK is boring

#70 Edited by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

@kluhh: Sam Raimi can only dream to make a movie good as TDK, that’s why none Sam Raimi movie have more oscars and better ratings than TDK.

TDK Solos fiction and most director entire filmography.

#71 Posted by Kluhh (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Kluhh (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@detectivesomerset__: I don't know who that is nor do I understand why you brought him up... Spider-Man movies were made by Sam Raimi

#74 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

@kluhh: Edited now. TDK solos Sam raimi

#75 Posted by Kluhh (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Edited by GateOfBabylon (5318 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight and it's not even remotely close.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
#77 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey:

TDK Is probably a better movie

but Spider-Man 2 was more enjoyable and a better CBM. Honestly, I'd probably watch Spider-Man 3 over any of the nolan films

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#78 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

S2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. DK

#79 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianking88: can’t believe there are still trolls that prefer some emo Peter and that venom to TDK..

Spider man 2 wasn’t even enjoyable , it was slow and boring. Plus terrible acting from maguire

#80 Posted by TommytheHitman (6941 posts) - - Show Bio

My head says the Dark Knight.

My heart says Spider-Man 2.

Depends on my mood.

#81 Posted by Bayman007 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought TDK was amazing when i first watched it

#82 Posted by GhostCap (20 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an absolute mismatch lol. Spider-Man 2 is good and all but to be compared to TDK? Get real.

People are so blinded by nostalgia it's such a joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7942cc46f9d
#83 Posted by deactivated-5d7942cc46f9d (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
#84 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@detectivesomerset__: Emo parker is hilarious and alone gives Spider-Man 3 more rewatch value than TDK, TDKR, and BB combined

#86 Posted by Scholomance (117 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight.

Without including generic things like 'good acting, good writing etc', off the top of my head, a few reasons I prefer it are:

• It's different from any Batman that came before it while also feeling incredibly familiar and still retaining the core of what the character is all about.
  • The Dark Knight pushed the boundaries of what a superhero film can accomplish i.e. it took poignant real-world concepts and issues and pushed them within a framework of Batman without ever detracting from the story, but rather, adding to it, it just feels so grandiose without ever losing sight of smaller moments which ground the world.
  • TDK has become a fundamental part of not only Batman lore, but cinema in general, to this day it inspires the tonality/ sensibility of many films and film-makers.
  • Heath Ledger's Joker is simply the best Comic-Book villain ever adapted in my opinion, a wrecking ball of utter carnage who, in his chaotic, brilliant madness, encapsulated perfectly what makes Batman by demonstrating what he is not.
  • The film has a brilliant momentum which never lets up, it just has this brilliant rhythm to it that's difficult to define, but it propels me through the entire film and provides a level of rewatchability that few films have, Nolan transitions from plot point to plot point in ways that smoothen the experience really well.

I think it's a bit much to say it's the best film ever as some do, but it really is a stellar piece of cinema.

#87 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK

#88 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (229 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a really tough choice. Even if Batman is my favorite character, The Dark Knight isn't my favorite Batman movie so I have to say Spider-Man 2.

Both are easily 9/10+ though.

My fav Batman movies would be Batman Begins or Batman Returns.

#89 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2 was better.

The Dark Knight was a Boring, Pretensous movie thats only as popular as it is because of Heath Leadgers Joker.

No. I'd say It's popular because of a very well written plot with great all-around acting & inspirational moments.

#90 Posted by SpongeGar (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight IMO