What's New Scooby Doo vs Mystery Incorporated

• 96 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What's New Scooby Doo vs Mystery Incorporated (79 votes)

What's New Scooby Doo 38%
Mystery Incorporated 61%

Which show did you like better overall? and why?

• 
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mystery Incorporated was honestly fantastic - it's one of my favorite versions of Mystery Inc.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystery Incorporated was honestly fantastic - it's one of my favorite versions of Mystery Inc.

well it is the most mature incarnation of Scooby I've seen. Almost like the late 90's Scooby Doo movies

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@thetruebarryallen said:

well it is the most mature incarnation of Scooby I've seen. Almost like the late 90's Scooby Doo movies

Exactly - I really loved it's references, it's overall plot line, animation style, and it's got my favorite version of Fred!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Mystery Inc is the ONLY Scooby Doo show I like. It was mature, funny and explored the gang and their families more.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Mystery Inc brought the gang to a whole new level. Loved Fred and Daphne's relationship. The mysteries were good. Supporting casts was great. Good show. I miss it.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: why Fred? I did like how they gave Linda Cardellini a role too!

His backstory in the show was absolutely fantastic, he's always been my favorite Scooby Doo character, and his obsession with traps was just hilarious to me.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Both are good, but I like What's New better

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what? I think MI is closer to the live action Scooby Doo movies than it is to WNSD.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By primebonnick

Mystery Incorporated was so dark and had such an epic plot i liked it so much. It became my fave scooby doo series i loved all the representation of the main group in it (yes even fred despite the fact i don't like fred).

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mystery Incorporated was so dark and had such an epic plot i liked it so much. It became my fave scooby doo series i loved all the representation of the main group in it (yes even fred despite the fact i don't like fred).

you liked it even more than Scooby Doo, Where are you?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: yea i did cry it was just so awesome especially for the fact that characters actually died in the series, albeit they did come back at the end. Still i respect MI for pushing that limit it reminded me of zombie island.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By modernww2fare

@primebonnick said:

@modernww2fare: yea i did cry it was just so awesome especially for the fact that characters actually died in the series, albeit they did come back at the end. Still i respect MI for pushing that limit it reminded me of zombie island.

Zombie Island, Witch's ghost and Alien Invaders! all were dark and mature compared to every previous incarnation. MI definitely felt like those movies that way

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: yes and those are some of my fave scooby doo movies along with ghoul school.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's New Scooby Doo.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like MI's theme more.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were fantastic but i gotta go with mystery inc. due to the plot being ongoing

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were fantastic but i gotta go with mystery inc. due to the plot being ongoing

it was cancelled right?

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KittyParker13

I only saw one episode of MI where Velma tried to ask Shaggy to prom, and it seemed very oc and lame to me. With everyone speaking so positively of it though, maybe I should give it another try.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@thetruebarryallen said:

Loved those movies. they're actually what first got me into Scooby i believe.

Mystery Inc is the ONLY Scooby Doo show I like. It was mature, funny and explored the gang and their families more.

This show ruined most of the previous shows to me. They just can't compare. that actually has happened to me with more than a couple shows.

@modernww2fare said:

@thetruebarryallen: why Fred? I did like how they gave Linda Cardellini a role too!

His backstory in the show was absolutely fantastic, he's always been my favorite Scooby Doo character, and his obsession with traps was just hilarious to me.

I couldn't agree more!!! I always respected Fred but never really liked him up until this incarnation of the show. He and Scooby arguably benefited the most in terms of character and backstory development (although Velma grew alot as well)

Mystery Inc brought the gang to a whole new level. Loved Fred and Daphne's relationship. The mysteries were good. Supporting casts was great. Good show. I miss it.

Mystery Incorporated all the way. it captures the best things about each Scooby-Doo series and combines and enhances them. im happy to see the love for it.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only saw one episode of MI where Velma tried to ask Shaggy to prom, and it seemed very oc and lame to me. With everyone speaking so positively of it though, maybe I should give it another try.

you do. definitely.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13 said:

you do. definitely.

I can't say I like the show's degrassi-feel though

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@kittyparker13 said:

you do. definitely.

Degrassi? i didn't notice any Degrassi feel.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By modernww2fare

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@modernww2fare said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@kittyparker13 said:

you do. definitely.

Even though it was dark like the late 90's movies, I think they focused a little too much on the drama with this show. That's why I feel like it was aimed more towards teens rather than kids.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackWind

What's New Scooby Doo felt like a half attempt to modernize Scooby Doo Where Are You.

Mystery Incorperated was awesome. It finally gave Fred the personality of something more than a dish rag. Every character had time to shine. And it had a goddamn plot. Sarcastic Velma was hilarious. And we got to see this entire mythology set up around the gang and people who came before them.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonez_

Can't say I'm a fan of either.

But I absolutely LOVE the late 90s and early 00s Scooby Movies.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

But I absolutely LOVE the the late 90s and early 00s Scooby Movies.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@modernww2fare said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@kittyparker13 said:

you do. definitely.

Even though in certain ways it did feel the late 90's movies, I think they focused a little too much on the drama with this show. That's why I feel like it was aimed more towards teens rather than kids.

ahh, thats a pretty common complaint. I personally think it made the gang stronger in the end.

@jonez120 said:

Can't say I'm a fan of either.

But I absolutely LOVE the late 90s and early 00s Scooby Movies.

you should give Mystery Incorporated a shot if you're a fan of those movies.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: nooooo my comment should say "Even though it was dark like the late 90's movies" I edited it :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing tops 1969-1973 scooby doo. I voted what's new Scooby doo though. I also like the animated movies, like cyber chase, ghoul school, and when they met casper, and of course when they met batman and Robin.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Personally, I hated Mystery Incorportated. It was too dramatic and I could never ever believe Fred would have this weird fetish over f*cking traps instead of his hot girlfriend. Also, how is it hard for Shaggy to balance his life between a dog and your girlfriend. What`s new, Scooby doo? was wayy better despite how cheesy it was. The cartoon movies were better than both though imo.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Nothing tops 1969-1973 scooby doo.

you got that right!

I voted what's new Scooby doo though. I also like the animated movies, like cyber chase, ghoul school, and when they met casper, and of course when they met batman and Robin.

What did you think of Mystery Incorporated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: I wasn't a huge fan of the changes it made but overall it wasn't a bad show.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jayc1324: they never met Casper. You must be thinking of The Boo Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: yeah that's what I meant. I haven't seen it in a long while. Zombie island is another one of my favorites too

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbioticspider-man: hasn't Fred been focusing on traps over Daphne for the last 40 years? Just saying.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By modernww2fare

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@symbioticspider-man: hasn't Fred been focusing on traps over Daphne for the last 40 years? Just saying.

lol

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Z___

Mystery Incorporated had it's annoying but spontaneous funny moments (in season 1)! Season 2 it went downhill with repetition.

And characters were lazily written like Fred and his family throughout.

In spite of it's flaws I liked Mystery Inc. for the new positive taste it added to the Scooby Doo series. It manages to be dark, humorous (even for a kids show), mature (as stated above) and in a lot of cases plotful (even if it is episodic & repetitious).

Mystery Inc. wins for me as the best Scooby Doo series, but Scooby Doo Where Are You? will always be in my heart.

Z'

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

Mystery Incorporated had it's annoying but spontaneous funny moments (in season 1)! Season 2 it went downhill with repetition.

And characters were lazily written like Fred and his family throughout.

In spite of it's flaws I liked Mystery Inc. for the new positive taste it added to the Scooby Doo series. It manages to be dark, humorous (even for a kids show) and in a lot of cases plotful (even if it is episodic & repetitious).

I loved What's New Scooby Doo as a kid. These days it's just too damn cheesy to watch and the characters, plot, etc. are just too damn underdeveloped. And the mysteries are too easy to guess (even for an 80s show).

Mystery Inc. wins for me as the best Scooby Doo series, but What's New Scooby Doo will always be in my heart.

Z'

whoah, you mean even better than the original Scooby Doo, Where are you?

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Z___
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By modernww2fare
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: I'd say they're equal but different. They're definitely at the top.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: The original is good for it's time I'm sure. Right now, it's boring to watch. But I watch it every once in a while for nostalgic purposes.

Z'

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@avenging_x_bolt: One thing is to use it solely to catch criminals. Another is to have a weird obsession over them in a dramatic show.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbioticspider-man: don't get me wrong I agree that he obviously likes traps more in Mystery Incorporated I'm just saying that he's always payed more attention to them than to her.it was mostly meant as humor

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Both were good but Mystery Inc. by far.