What would it take to take down Superman or Thor in the real world? (DCEU/MCU)

• 60 results
tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lets say the military wants to put them down.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman- We have no way of beating him at all.

Thor- A blade or bullets will do.

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We cant

hyiena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Can't

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We could potentially take down Thor with prep. Superman solos earth regardless though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we can’t take down Superman, we can’t take down Thor. Also Thor can planet bust

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorb777: low balling a bit too much don’t you think. Getting the vibe you think a random thug can just shank and kill him

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman- No chance

Thor- A boulder should do

No Caption Provided

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We could potentially take down Thor with prep. Superman solos earth regardless though.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that could hurt either seriously is a nuke. Neither is getting tagged by a nuke if they don't want to be.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman—nothing. maybe a nuke or 7.

Thor—much less

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Any idiot with a 9mm pistol or a tazer could take Thor down

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman - A Nuke.

Thor - Electrocute him.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrmonster  Online

We can't.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Superman exists then kryptonite exists. My 7 year old niece could drop him, he’d never see it coming

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Richubs

Superman can be taken out by a nuke like Tsar Bomba however it'd be practically impossible for us to tag him with it.

Thor can be nuked by a decent sized nuke and he'd be out and it's not even as if it'd be too difficult to tag him he's pretty slow.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: He can teleport what are you talking about

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we'd be doomed

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably nothing.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@baph said:

Superman - A Nuke.

Thor - Electrocute him.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Make them fight each other

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make them debate their own fanboys until they kill themselves.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao post 22

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nucleon

Bunker buster weapons.

People need to relax on high explosive stuff like nukes or tsar bombas: High explosive (HE) is pretty much the polar opposite of armor-piercing (AP). AP is what we need to take these guys out (including kaijus), given their thick hides. And yeah, some bunker-buster also come with a nuclear warhead. These can go through 16' (feet, not inches) of concrete before exploding.

Right now, the problem we have is that these weapons are usually aimed at a stationary target, but that's simply because there has been no need to launch them at people-sized targets. As soon as WWII, the Germans made gliding, wire-controlled missiles that could one-shot a 40 000t battleship (the nuke tests at Bikini Atoll show that even lesser ship are rather resistant to HE, nuclear damage).

How many posters here have any knowledge about real-world military stuff? Not many, I gather. Well, let me tell you this; We humans are a terrible, dangerous specie when comes the time for destruction.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even a shitty North korean bomb would do with Superman.

Thor - we can't put him down.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the Thor lowball

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

Bunker buster weapons.

People need to relax on high explosive stuff like nukes or tsar bombas: High explosive (HE) is pretty much the polar opposite of armor-piercing (AP). AP is what we need to take these guys out (including kaijus), given their thick hides. And yeah, some bunker-buster also come with a nuclear warhead. These can go through 16' (feet, not inches) of concrete before exploding.

Right now, the problem we have is that these weapons are usually aimed at a stationary target, but that's simply because there has been no need to launch them at people-sized targets. As soon as WWII, the Germans made gliding, wire-controlled missiles that could one-shot a 40 000t battleship (the nuke tests at Bikini Atoll show that even lesser ship are rather resistant to HE, nuclear damage).

How many posters here have any knowledge about real-world military stuff? Not many, I gather. Well, let me tell you this; We humans are a terrible, dangerous specie when comes the time for destruction.

A bunker buster weapon already tried fighting Thor and Thor survived 24 punches from him

Thor already survived an explosion of a much bigger and much heavier spaceship

Also good luck hoping that either Thor or superman would stand there and brace themselves to get hit with missiles

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is nigh-invincible with ridiculous regeneration and no significant weakness, how would he be put down?

Supes is also invincible.

Earth is out of luck here.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: A bunker buster weapon already tried fighting Thor and Thor survived 24 punches from him

I doubt those were punches that could penetrate 16 feet of concrete - then explode. Are we still discussing the cinematic versions here, yes?

Thor already survived an explosion of a much bigger and much heavier spaceship

Not relevant; High explosive attacks are no challenge for these tough guys. High explosive attacks don't pack the same punch as armor-piercing ones; their deal is to have a bigger area of damage at the cost of less (or no) penetration. Sounds quite simple to me.

Also good luck hoping that either Thor or superman would stand there and brace themselves to get hit with missiles

Looks like Supes was successfully tagged by what looks like an ICBM or (more realistically) a cruise missile. Anyway, I covered this point in my last post.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

I doubt those were punches that could penetrate 16 feet of concrete - then explode. Are we still discussing the cinematic versions here, yes?

It was probably more like 10-12 feet, but Hulk literally ran through it. (AoU opening battle). Hulk's punches are far superior to Hulk simply running, have a much smaller area of impact and he had Thor pinned down while punching him, transferring all force of his hits.

Punches don't explode obviously.

Not relevant; High explosive attacks are no challenge for these tough guys. High explosive attacks don't pack the same punch as armor-piercing ones; their deal is to have a bigger area of damage at the cost of less (or no) penetration. Sounds quite simple to me.

Fair point

Looks like Supes was successfully tagged by what looks like an ICBM or (more realistically) a cruise missile.

He actually intercepted it hoping it would kill Doomsday

Anyway, I covered this point in my last post.

I don't see anything that suggest these guys cannot simply sidestep the missiles. Even if they were standing and were hit by them, they won't get penetrated but instead get moved.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nucleon

@richubs: No need to "tag" someone if you're using a nuke or tsar bomba; Like with horseshoes, "close" is just as good.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: 16 feet was about the size of the full bunker, interior space included. 16 feet is about twice the height of the Hulk. IMO that bunker had like 4' walls, max.

And then they explode. Like I've wrote, some of them can carry a nuclear warhead.

Sure, as it takes a direct hit, tagging them would be a challenge. But with a nicely set trap...

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

We are doomed.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kryptonite and a few nukes.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: not really. He can just dodge the nuke. There really is nothing that we can do against someone who can shift the earth’s crust.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GraniteVision

@nucleon: I think that Kaijus are a bit more durable than several meters of concrete or even steel

And there is no material on Earth,that can survive nuke point blank.It will get destroyed at atomic level.No bunker buster missiles have such amount of energy.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By byondeon

Comic versions: Nothing can take them out. We would be able to take out Superman if we had Kryptonite. Thor would survive anything Earth has, aside if we manage to build a bomb that can destroy the sun.

Movies: Superman goes down to a nuke. Thor would need a much bigger bomb than we already have on earth. Or a seven year old with an asgardian knife or a tazer

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Triplek

Dceu fanboys lowballing Thor again, absolutely nothing can take Thor out his durability is insane. Supes would die from a nuke.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Just wait for Thor to get even more anti feats in endgame that show he can’t be hurt by a lot less then a star

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High key knew this was going to turn into Superman vs Thor

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: I think that Kaijus are a bit more durable than several meters of concrete or even steel

And there is no material on Earth,that can survive nuke point blank.It will get destroyed at atomic level.No bunker buster missiles have such amount of energy.

You're wrong; Get informed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_testing_at_Bikini_Atoll#Shipwrecks

You can build yourself a nuclear shelter in your background, but you can't protect yourself from a bunker-buster.

About Kaijus; In the first PR movie, one scientist talked about one big kaiju he got tattooed on his arm: 2 500t. That's peanuts - it's the weight of a fully loaded destroyer. A WWII German fritz-x bomb could sink a 40 000t battleship.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shoot a bullet into thor's eye

Soro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman - A nuke followed by bullets but we would never actually be able to tag him, he would sense it then make a hypersonic escape.

Thor - He isn't even bulletproof which is sad. Big Slowdinson gets obliterated by a nuke

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: 1)Bunker buster is better in piercing thick amount of concrete,but Nuclear bomb affects on matter much stronger.No material can survive nuclear blast point blank.Only thing that can help is it's size,but still it's fraction would be vaporized.

2)Kaijus weights in PR are not accurate.They should weight several times more if we use real world's physics.And Kaijus are much more durable than battleships.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'd get stomped by either one, let alone both.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Nucleon

@granitevision: 1)Bunker buster is better in piercing thick amount of concrete,but Nuclear bomb affects on matter much stronger.No material can survive nuclear blast point blank.Only thing that can help is it's size,but still it's fraction would be vaporized.

I gather you didn't look at the link I gave you; The warships used in the Bikini atoll tests had structural damage after being in the explosion's core, but otherwise most were left floating. It's like comparing a grenade to a bullet; Of course overall the grenade packs more energy, but it is omnidirectional whereas the bullet's is concentrated energy focused on a point.

2)Kaijus weights in PR are not accurate.They should weight several times more if we use real world's physics.And Kaijus are much more durable than battleships.

I agree with this; I am a naval afficionado and I estimate the average Kaiju to be in the 20 000t range. Nevertheless, there's no way their skin and bones is thicker than 16 feet - and if they are, I can assure you it would be simpler for us to build a projectile with better penetration rather than a giant robot. Science fiction movies in general show a great ignorance about military capacities.