#1 Posted by GoldKing (1079 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a limit to how much they can take? Is there someone, or some thing, out there that can snap the lasso and break the bracelets? (within the main continuity)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

2/Multiple opposing truths apparently for the lasso.

Possibly some really high up their reality warping.

The bracelets possibly some type of high scaled attack. I don't think I ever seen her original bracelets break.

#3 Posted by GoldKing (1079 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace:

I wonder though, outside of opposing truths, if there's a being who could snap the lasso even if he was lying?

Avatar image for deactivated-5af85f4e3dbf7
#4 Posted by deactivated-5af85f4e3dbf7 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Reality warpers can break the lasso, or some shit about WW not accepting the truth or something.

The bracelets are absolutely indestructible in post-crisis/pre 52 continuity. They withstood blasts from Spectre, Nekron, Omega beams and loads of other stuff, but never broke.

#5 Posted by Bluejay4 (4037 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd need a reality warmer on the scale of Mxy to break the bracelets...

#6 Posted by TinyFord (467 posts) - - Show Bio

The bracelets can't break, well not yet. Some character might someday break it

#7 Posted by samconery (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjj could break it

#8 Posted by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

Wondie broke it in Red Son. I can't recall any times in main canon they were specifically broken. Anytime that she's been entirely disintegrated would probably count.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#9 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17354 posts) - - Show Bio

If Juggernaut were running at full speeds and WW threw the lasso around his neck mid sprint, the lasso could break or maybe Juggs would snap his neck.

#10 Edited by GoldKing (1079 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm: @bluejay4:

I would like to see Myx try to break the gauntlets. I bet he could.

No, because Juggernaut would just pull WW forward. I don't think the lasso would break under those circumstances. She just wouldn't be able to physically restrain him.

Now how about Thor sets Mjolnir on the ground, WW ties one end of the lasso around it and the other around Juggernaut's chest, and then Juggernaut takes off running and gets up to full speed? He's not worthy, not telling the truth, and he can't be stopped. So what happens?

#11 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17354 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldking: Hmm, that is true.

Maybe the hammer woukd drag behind him (he didn't lift it after all). But what if an adamatium pole and handle laced with vibranium held the lasso in place, what would happen then?

#12 Posted by GoldKing (1079 posts) - - Show Bio

@major_hellstorm:

I think he'd just pull it out of the ground, no matter how big it was or deep it went.

I think the hammer "knows" when someone is trying to move it so I don't think it would drag. It'd be similar to the Thor 1 movie where the guy in the truck tries to pull it with the chain.

#13 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17354 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldking: I guess it would take an adamantium planet or Mjolnir and Juggs at full speed to maybe break the lasso. That or World Breaker Hulk with Wolverine's claws.

#14 Posted by GoldKing (1079 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Odin could break the bracelets?

#15 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldking said:

I wonder if Odin could break the bracelets?

seeing as the enchantment was maid by zeus, who im pretty sure is a weaker skyfather than marvel odin, I don't see why not.